Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

How The New European Super League Will Work - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / How The New European Super League Will Work (33542 Views)

The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 / Real Madrid Leads Early Power Rankings Of The European Super League / UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by DAVE5(m): 11:39am On Apr 20, 2021
Rich4god:
In my own understanding. I think uefa is fighting to protect the interests of the smaller clubs. Now imagine if the super leagues succeed, people won't have any interest watching other competition. This in turn will deny smaller clubs the opportunity to generate revenue, there by gradually killing them. Because they won't have the finance to buy good players, leaving them with just low and average players. Whilst on the other hand, the founding clubs of the super League will generate much revenue, giving them the finance to buy quality players. Now at the long, European football will now be just for the super league teams as no one will be watching other competition.

Just take for instance. Compare the number of people that watch Europa League to the number that watch champions league. And since champions league is open for all through qualifying, smaller teams that enter the group stage are giving huge amount of money. These are the funds that makes the smaller teams to stay afloat.

How many times have any of you guys watched the Belgian, Russian, Ukrainian, Austrian domestic league. Clubs from these countries don't generate much from fans outside their country. It's when they qualify for champions league that's when they have the opportunity of been in the light of fans world wide.

If the super League succeed in out rating champions league, smaller teams will suffer and at the long run, football will just be for the big clubs only.

Just my own opinion.

You don talk am finish as e be

I’m imagining what would become of small teams, but what do we know, the same big clubs that escalated the prices of players are the ones complaining of dwindling revenues
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Regex: 11:46am On Apr 20, 2021
Mynd44:

1. If UEFA makes sure these clubs don't play the national League again, what makes you think they won't start theirs? Or do you think the EPL has exclusive rights to football in England? They can go ahead na.

2. Actually no. The remaining clubs can't generate enough funds to keep these leagues running. Imagine Real Madrid, Barcelona and Athletico breaking out of La Liga. Who will watch Valancia play Bilbao every week? And the players won't leave; which club will pay them the millions clubs like Man U, Real and Barca pays? Is it West Ham?

Even the West Ham you pointed is joining the ESL. grin grin
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Invitationn: 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

UCL doesn't "pick" d top four "shunning the rest". The top four EMERGE from a rigorous and painstaking process& competition that included several teams drawn from several leagues, countries, strengths& backgrounds. That is inclusivity. That's different from this:

"For me, this Super league saying we know the Champions already (from data;consistency) so we're giving 5 slots to potential champions to play in the ESL."
grin We are saying the same thing mate.
In my submission, I admitted the ESL model is not fair whilst proving that the UCL uses similar model too.
Putting your correction into account, I say again;
The UCL picks the top teams(The ESL subscribers almost always) that emerged from the rigorous and painstaking process to play the UCL.
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by lexy2014: 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2021
Invitationn:

grin We are saying the same thing mate.
In my submission, I admitted the ESL model is not fair whilst proving that the UCL uses similar model too.
Putting your correction into account, I say again;
The UCL picks the top teams(The ESL subscribers almost always) that emerged from the rigorous and painstaking process to play the UCL.

How does d UCL use a similar model to esl?
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by adonnei: 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2021
Uefa and FIFA have too much power.
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by meobizy(f): 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2021
More ways to trap the lazy youths' minds. Football threads are the only venues in this useless platform where no one complains about government hardship.
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by lexy2014: 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2021
DAVE5:

You don talk am finish as e be

I’m imagining what would become of small teams, but what do we know, the same big clubs that escalated the prices of players are the ones complaining of dwindling revenues

Exactly. They entangled in a spiral of financial indiscipline & recklessness. Money is now like a drug for them which they must spend endlessly. They disregard financial fairplay rules yet they complain of dwindling revenue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by lexy2014: 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2021
adonnei:
Uefa and FIFA have too much power.

In what way?
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Invitationn: 6:42am On Apr 21, 2021
lexy2014:

How does d UCL use a similar model to esl?
I explained that in my previous submission already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Full Nominees For UEFA Men's Player And Coach Of The Year / Messi Opens Up On Neymar’s Return To Barcelona / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (1 - 2) On 21st April 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.