Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,961 members, 7,956,609 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:08 PM

How The New European Super League Will Work - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / How The New European Super League Will Work (34017 Views)

The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 / Real Madrid Leads Early Power Rankings Of The European Super League / UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by richmond500: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2021
humberjade:
If this should come to fruition....considering the format and the way Arsenal does transfer business, one can only come to the conclusion that Arsenal will not win any European tournament in the foreseeable future...this season is the last chance for the club. grin grin grin
foreseeable future? lol, even the unseable future they will not win

2 Likes

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Zenithpeak(m): 7:38am On Apr 20, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

There are laws that govern football bodies. You can’t just wake up and say you want to leave. FIFA, UEFA and its likes have been hit too with financial constraints because of the Covid thing.

These teams forming the Super League are just bloody greedy teams who are looking to cash in without even looking deep. They never consider their fan base, football additions, history and commitment! It is just only about the money.

FIFA and UEFA exist simply because there are those teams and not the other way round. The ability to challenge the status quo is the greatest thing in all of these brouhaha.

Government at any level should always be conscious of the fact that, they do not possess absolute power on any one except for free will. FIFA should save herself from shame and denounce their stance on this ESL issues or else, Qatar 2022 will remain a mirage and another organisation will replace them.

Btw, no one is indispensable!

2 Likes

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by quickly: 7:39am On Apr 20, 2021
Mynd44:
In other words, these clubs don't want to play UEFA Champions League again and they created their own franchise. Why is UEFA so angry? Do they think they have a monopoly over football tournaments?

Just imagine some African countries want to for their own nations without CAF oversight.

That the same things this clubs want to do

Basically turn football into boxing with multiple governing bodies.

The govts has already said they not going to give work permits to foreign stars. So England will lose all their foreign stars
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by lexy2014: 7:39am On Apr 20, 2021
Mynd44:

The new league will form their own rules and laws. UEFA rules are only for UEFA. You don't see UEFA making rules for CAF right?

UEFA is Europe & CAF is africa. Both are geographical regional football governing bodies. Technically, they are independent of each other& on d same level in terms of purpose& operations. It's a very big mistake for u to now compare d new european super league with UEFA

1 Like

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by richmond500: 7:40am On Apr 20, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

There are laws that govern football bodies. You can’t just wake up and say you want to leave. FIFA, UEFA and its likes have been hit too with financial constraints because of the Covid thing.

These teams forming the Super League are just bloody greedy teams who are looking to cash in without even looking deep. They never consider their fan base, football additions, history and commitment! It is just only about the money.
by 2024 some clubs will be bankrupt, the ESL aim is to make sure such a thing doesn't happen.
Uefa should step up their game and not to muscle the big 12
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Emperormartin(m): 7:40am On Apr 20, 2021
When you see the comments here you'll notice indomie generations aren't here. The comments aptly mature

1 Like

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by EmekaBlue(m): 7:40am On Apr 20, 2021
You want us to miss UCL theme song

The champions
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by lexy2014: 7:42am On Apr 20, 2021
Mynd44:

Who decided what football is about? Football is about entertainment and business. The same UEFA that decided to accept Isreal into the champions league even though it isn't an European country?

I don't see how your comment relates to d point I made. Football is first& foremost a sport before it is about entertainment & business.
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by guy222: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2021
Mynd44:
In other words, these clubs don't want to play UEFA Champions League again and they created their own franchise. Why is UEFA so angry? Do they think they have a monopoly over football tournaments?
I cant imagine you talking about monopoly, when we the entire nairalanders knows that you also have monopoly of banning people. I may even chop five month ban from this my friendly statement, why and how? Its simple, because you think you have monopoly and you uses it at will,
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by jaxxy(m): 7:43am On Apr 20, 2021
Sysdatek:

if the ESL succeed , champions league is dead
the wealth and power of the founding members is scary and if anything uefa should not punch above their weight
man city took them to the cleaners at the courts recently
so make dem pipe low in the upper echelon
fans want competition, fans want respect
but clubs are broke now and they need to innovate to cash out to keep the club alive

its a bloodless coup de football , led by thanos Perez

That is not how to preserve traditional leagues or football by placing money obviously against FairPlay and values of the game. U are destroying the love for the game in Europe.

The UEFA reform is better or they find a better framework for their super league that doesn’t kill the sports by killing fair competition.

What of if other qualifying teams say they won’t participate in the sham? What of the the 5 qualifying teams do better than the founding teams taking up the space in the top 10 for instance? Where do the bottom 5 in the super league that season go since they are founding teams? It defeats the purpose of the competition and FairPlay.

It doesn’t make sense at all.
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Mynd44: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2021
quickly:

Just imagine some African countries want to for their own nations without CAF oversight.

That the same things this clubs want to do

Basically turn football into boxing with multiple governing bodies.

The govts has already said they not going to give work permits to foreign stars. So England will lose all their foreign stars
And what is wrong if this happens? You guys are attaching too much sentiments to this ooo.

So if Rwanda and Senegal say they want to start a new tournament independent of CAF and have their rules, who is CAF to say no? What gives CAF the right to stop them? What law(s) back these so-called football governing bodies?

Let football become like Boxing. The fans will watch the ones they like. Some will even watch all.

Heaven won't fall

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Topmaike007(m): 7:43am On Apr 20, 2021
Mynd44:
help me ask uefa oo... Uefa and fifa are thieves
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by richmond500: 7:44am On Apr 20, 2021
Mynd44:

No one said they want to scrap Champions League. Do you know how many boxing franchises exist? A lot and they have top 5. The so called small clubs can go play UEF champions league if they like. Let the fans decide which league they want to watch
That ain't happening, some fans will never watch a single match without these big 12.

imagine Norwich is playing malaga in champions league final, who will want to watch that nonsense.
The big clubs are what makes football interesting, when they win over themselves and when beaten by smaller clubs.

UEFA won't get money if these clubs leave
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Mynd44: 7:45am On Apr 20, 2021
lexy2014:

I don't see how your comment relates to d point I made. Football is first& foremost a sport before it is about entertainment & business.

Every sport is about entertainment and money.

The disguise is to tell you the fans that generate to money for that it is more about passion than profits.

Dont let anyone bobo you

2 Likes

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Topmaike007(m): 7:45am On Apr 20, 2021
Sysdatek:

if the ESL succeed , champions league is dead
the wealth and power of the founding members is scary and if anything uefa should not punch above their weight
man city took them to the cleaners at the courts recently
so make dem pipe low in the upper echelon
fans want competition, fans want respect
but clubs are broke now and they need to innovate to cash out to keep the club alive

its a bloodless coup de football , led by thanos Perez
papa Perez na super villain abeg... I just love that man.. He ran for President Un oppose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by lexy2014: 7:46am On Apr 20, 2021
Mynd44:

Every sport is about entertainment and money.

The disguise is to tell you the fans that generate to money for that it is more about passion than profits.

Dont let anyone bobo you

It's like u didn't understand my English. Pls read it again:

"I don't see how your comment relates to d point I made. Football is first& foremost a sport before it is about entertainment & business."

Pls take note of where I said "...first and foremost..."
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Topmaike007(m): 7:47am On Apr 20, 2021
royalamour:
I feel these clubs knew about the greed of UEFA. They use these clubs to rake in billions annually and in turn give them peanuts.

I feel this move is more like a protest.

They want to discuss their options if they must remain with UEFA.
is not a protest oo juventus, Milan and inter including Chelsea have all left ECA(European club association)
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by SouthSouth1914: 7:47am On Apr 20, 2021
richmond500:
by 2024 some clubs will be bankrupt, the ESL aim is to make sure such a thing doesn't happen.
Uefa should step up their game and not to muscle the big 12

ESL will be a total failure as only a group of persons are lobbying an American consortium for 4.5B dollar funds! DO you think this is feasible? Sharing money to teams to make them change their stance is nothing short of bribery and corruption in itself.

2 Likes

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by richmond500: 7:47am On Apr 20, 2021
EmekaBlue:
You want us to miss UCL theme song
The champions
der miesten
der biesten
les branded equipes
the champions
I don't wanna miss it o

1 Like

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by gulfer: 7:47am On Apr 20, 2021
osamz007:

na only u get monopoly over banning na.
grin grin grin grin
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:47am On Apr 20, 2021
This ESL I dey create for my pes, if perez and korenke can't do it, I have more money than them grin grin grin
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by ARAGON22(m): 7:49am On Apr 20, 2021
Who even brought the idea of this Super League?
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by richmond500: 7:49am On Apr 20, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

ESL will be a total failure as only a group of persons are lobbying an American consortium for 4.5B dollar funds! DO you think this is feasible? Sharing money to teams to make them change their stance is nothing short of bribery and corruption in itself.
I didn't mean bribery,
I said, UEFA should step up their game, come to a dialogue with these teams isn't bribery
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Mynd44: 7:49am On Apr 20, 2021
richmond500:
That ain't happening, some fans will never watch a single match without these big 12.

imagine Norwich is playing malaga in champions league final, who will want to watch that nonsense.
The big clubs are what makes football interesting, when they win over themselves and when beaten by smaller clubs.

UEFA won't get money if these clubs leave
So why is it the problem of the clubs if UEFA Isn't making money?

In 1996, Nigeria had problem with South Africa hosting the Nation's cup due to the oppressive apartheid government and although qualified decided not to attend. Any club can decide tomorrow, theu don't want to play the champions league and that ends it.

UEFA is just bellyaching for nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Mynd44: 7:50am On Apr 20, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

Actually, it won't and UEFA knows which is why they are cared
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by SouthSouth1914: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2021
Zenithpeak:

FIFA and UEFA exist simply because there are those teams and not the other way round. The ability to challenge the status quo is the greatest thing in all of these brouhaha.

Government at any level should always be conscious of the fact that, they do not possess absolute power on any one except for free will. FIFA should save herself from shame and denounce their stance on this ESL issues or else, Qatar 2022 will remain a mirage and another organisation will replace them.

Instead, what ESL concept shows is a lack of imagination. Dangling an illogical, bad decision making without sheer consideration for women's football, which just a couple of weeks ago we were celebrating the announcement of a ground-breaking new broadcasting deal for the WSL. An opportunity for women’s football to grow, to flourish and for a number of teams to benefit. What remains of this?

There were long term plans for the money to be offered up across the football pyramid. 25% of revenue was set to go straight to Championship clubs, but who knows what will happen now. I stand to be corrected!

Will broadcasters re-evaluate? Will they try and get the rights to this new Super League? Will clubs across different tiers still benefit? Please answer this!

Unless UEFA, governing bodies, or players find a way to intervene then football as we know it is officially dead. Even then it might not be enough. The level of integrity has been compromised to such an extent that these clubs are too far gone already. There is no turning back now. UEFA won’t forgive, fans won’t forget, so instead the teams will look to “fans of the future”–– those that weren’t born before football became a cesspit of corruption.

These clubs expect to be lauded as the pioneers of change –– part of a vision that will revolutionise football moving forward. In reality though, as fans look back on the previous age that served to act in their best interests, they’ll perpetually be remembered as the behemoths that killed the game as we knew it.

N.B Parts of this messages were copied.

1 Like

Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by cuteralph101(m): 7:52am On Apr 20, 2021
Zenithpeak:

with what you saying clubs who won't be favoured by the ESL can break away and form another league and so on and so forth. That's sick. It will ruin football. Billionaires will convince other team's to come out and that's end of football
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:53am On Apr 20, 2021
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by SouthSouth1914: 7:53am On Apr 20, 2021
richmond500:
I didn't mean bribery,
I said, UEFA should step up their game, come to a dialogue with these teams isn't bribery

Sure, but it could have been done in a more civil way other than dragging the game of football into mud. It is already a mess! Even the legal battle will go on for many months even if not years. Teams who brought out this vague idea will be punished whether they go ahead or not.
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Mynd44: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2021
cuteralph101:
with what you saying clubs who won't be favoured by the ESL can break away and form another league and so on and so forth. That's sick. It will ruin football. Billionaires will convince other team's to come out and that's end of football
What is wrong in teams playing multiple leagues? If it favors them, fine.
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Mynd44: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

I feel these clubs knew about the greed of UEFA. They use these clubs to rake in billions annually and in turn give them peanuts.

I feel this move is more like a protest.

They want to discuss their options if they must remain with UEFA.
It isn't a protest JP Morgan doesn't play
Re: How The New European Super League Will Work by Julius302: 7:57am On Apr 20, 2021
Esl is trash it does not make sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? / Manchester United Vs AFC Bournemouth (4 - 1) On 30th December 2018 / Southampton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 31st August 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.