Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office (26432 Views)

Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State / Nnamdi Kanu Warned Onyeama After South Africa Rescue "They'll Come After You" / Nigeria Diplomatic Passport: Why Politicians Don't Release Theirs After Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by AdakaBoro8(m): 6:04am On Apr 21, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Bia you idiotic animal of no nation should answer my questions and stop beating about the bush.
I will ask you again, what was the name eastern region (SE and SS) was bearing before the emergence of the white men that gave nigga-area??

For you to say that there was nothing like biafra until 1967 simply portrays that you are lower than an animal both in reasoning and otherwise.
you bush yam school attender even have a comprehensive problem.. go back and read my post again.. ignorant like your teacher cownu..
Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by AdakaBoro8(m): 6:27am On Apr 21, 2021
Notasyouthink:
First you said ESN can never step their foot in any nigga delta soil and I gave you a proof to show that you idiotic animal of no nation is not only foolish and miserable, but also a chronic liar.

Now you've changed the narrative to, whether I've seen any ijaw person pledging support to biafra.. No problem the proof is below.

Fool!
where do you village man see esn in south south? which state they are in?

this shows you are bush man. at this modern era u still believe in fake stories.. google is your friend. go find out what iyc did to asari when he bring biafra meeting to bayelsa 2019... also google what Ijaw father and mother papa clark and ankio briggs said about biafra..

also google how we gave asare
warnning to apologise to Ijaw recently

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Notasyouthink: 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
where do you village man see esn in south south? which state they are in?

this shows you are bush man. at this modern era u still believe in fake stories.. google is your friend. go find out what iyc did to asari when he bring biafra meeting to bayelsa 2019... also google what Ijaw father and mother papa clark and ankio briggs said about biafra..

also google how we gave asare
warnning to apologise to Ijaw recently
Whether you demented animal of no nation believe it or not ESN is everywhere in SE and SS.

Lol wonders shall never end look at this animal of no nation calling somebody bush man.
Can you tell me what made the stories fake, is it because you don't know how to counter them??

Are you by any chance telling me that the pictures I posted are all fake also??
Can you swear that there are no ijaw indegenes that is in support of biafra??
Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Notasyouthink: 8:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
you bush yam school attender even have a comprehensive problem.. go back and read my post again.. ignorant like your teacher cownu..
Still beating about the bush without shame.
Running away from the questions I ask shows you are empty upstairs just like I predicted.

Fools everywhere!
Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Whether you demented animal of no nation believe it or not ESN is everywhere in SE and SS.

Lol wonders shall never end look at this animal of no nation calling somebody bush man.
Can you tell me what made the stories fake, is it because you don't know how to counter them??

Are you by any chance telling me that the pictures I posted are all fake also??
Can you swear that there are no ijaw indegenes that is in support of biafra??

what kind bush ibo man is this na? Ijaw is more than 20millions.. Tell me will the decision of just 30 traitors overshadow the 22millions?? out of the ijaw 30 betrayers, only asari is the influencer..

even asari want to back down because we youths that wil go to the war front didnt support him..

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Still beating about the bush without shame.
Running away from the questions I ask shows you are empty upstairs just like I predicted.

Fools everywhere!
afonjaheadhunt and nigercity i told u that ur tribe is full of subhumans.. now come and see dumb brother disgracing himself here.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Notasyouthink: 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
afonjaheadhunt and nigercity i told u that ur tribe is full of subhumans.. now come and see dumb brother disgracing himself here.
Sahelian fool!

You're something lower than a maggot honestly.
Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Notasyouthink: 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
what kind bush ibo man is this na? Ijaw is more than 20millions.. Tell me will the decision of just 30 traitors overshadow the 22millions?? out of the ijaw 30 betrayers, only asari is the influencer..

even asari want to back down because we youths that wil go to the war front didnt support him..
What type of moronic animal are you?? Honestly your stupidity stinks to high heavens, when did you conduct a census to know that the actual number of ijaw indegenes in support of biafra is only 30??
Are you this mischievous??

Point of correction, stop mentioning asari because asari is looking for a way to make money as usual.
Asari has no weight in biafra struggle so stop mentioning asari.
Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
Notasyouthink:
What type of moronic animal are you?? Honestly your stupidity stinks to high heavens, when did you conduct a census to know that the actual number of ijaw indegenes in support of biafra is only 30??
Are you this mischievous??

Point of correction, stop mentioning asari because asari is looking for a way to make money as usual.
Asari has no weight in biafra struggle so stop mentioning asari.
asari is the only man that can make Ijaws to join biafra..but we yet we refuses.. except the biafra name edited to Izon and biafra republic..

or izonbiafra republic. then we will join. egberi fa! yaaah!!
Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Sahelian fool!

You're something lower than a maggot honestly.
oya u fool carri ur online biafra flag enter any Ijaw land na.. what adaka boro did to ojukwu will be like childs play.. just tell kanu to bring his flag here. created by mistake people..

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Notasyouthink: 9:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
oya u fool carri ur online biafra flag enter any Ijaw land na.. what adaka boro did to ojukwu will be like childs play.. just tell kanu to bring his flag here. created by mistake people..
I don't need to carry any flag to ijaw when the flag is already there.

And if I may ask, what did you fool think adaka boro did to ojukwu??
Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Notasyouthink: 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
asari is the only man that can make Ijaws to join biafra..but we yet we refuses.. except the biafra name edited to Izon and biafra republic..

or izonbiafra republic. then we will join. egberi fa! yaaah!!
Always yapping with good sense of reasoning.
Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
Notasyouthink:
I don't need to carry any flag to ijaw when the flag is already there.

And if I may ask, what did you fool think adaka boro did to ojukwu??
i never knew i was chatting with village champion.. go google Adaka boro.. imagine someone who doesnt know Adaka boro.. useless born ashawo mother.. u fool dont even know Adaka boro.. i hate u fr this question u ask.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Notasyouthink: 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
i never knew i was chatting with village champion.. go google Adaka boro.. imagine someone who doesnt know Adaka boro.. useless born ashawo mother.. u fool dont even know Adaka boro.. i hate u fr this question u ask.
I know you are a demented animal, but the only reason why I chose to engage you is just to make jest of your miserable life.

It's a pity that your so-called hero (adaka boro) died like a chicken and miserably at that.
That is what you get when you choose to pick up a fight where you are supposed to make friends.

And for your info, ashawo is 100%better than a psychotic dirt smelly pig that gave birth to an unfortunate cursed imbecilic animal like you.
Am not surprised anyway because mere looking at the way you reason and behaves one can see piggy in you.
Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Deadlytruth(m): 6:49am On Apr 23, 2021
Fejoku:

I want to believe you're a sincere person and if that's the case I'll excuse your wrong subconscious assertion. In the history of Nigeria, there have been at least six coups. Doesn't it sound strange how only one of those coups was ascribed to a particular tribe while the rest weren't? What yardstick was used in arriving at that evil conclusion? The collaborators of that first coup included people from different tribes not just the Igbos but the narrative came bearing only Igbo as the culprits. When Nzeogwu went to Ahmadu Bello's house, did he go alone? Was it only Igbo soldiers he took with him? The wrong narrative have been spread to achieve an and they succeeded as they finally control Nigeria today and have turned around to slaughter everyone.
Mind you Nigeria isn't the only country to have witnessed a coup in West Africa. Other coups had their share too and went beyond it but Nigeria never recovered because there's no sincerity of purpose.
Ok, let's say the first coup truncated the polity and derailed the wheel of synergy and growth of Nigeria. What then stopped the others who took the mantle from putting Nigeria back on track? Was is scarcity of funds or did Igbos still block them from building up Nigeria?
It is on record that corruption and bad politics was what led to that first coup and people jubilated on the streets when the news was announced. It's just like the #endsars protest which started well until some persons turned around to change the narrative.
My point is that the failure of the government of Nigeria can never be attached to the Igbos. Does It mean that Igbos were perfect in their dealings all through? My answer will be 'No, there weren't as they made their own mistakes but without them having the opportunity to redeem themselves, it will be wrong to attribute the failure of Nigeria as a country to them. Igbos have arguably brought more accolades to Nigeria than any other part.

If the first coup hadn't happened, all the other coups wouldn't have happened. Recall that those who ploted and executed the second coup didn't pretend about their mission as they were sincere enough to term it a revenge coup rather than claim they did it to stamp out misgovernance or corruption or any other deceptive revolutionary rhetorics which coupists are known with.
In essence the first coup brought into our national lives the culture of military disregard for the sovereignty of the civilian populace and that became the foundation of all the ills you have enumerated above. The belief by nearly everyone today that a constitutionally restructured Nigeria remains the panacea to all our ills is enough evidence to my take above.

Please note that the coup is termed an Igbo coup not because of the ethnic composition of the participants. After all to plot a coup requires a network of confidants and very close friends who are most likely to naturally come from one's tribe in a very young republic yet to experience genuine national integration. Rather it is termed an Igbo coup because of the ethnic pattern of the casualty which was 100% determined by the coupists. If not, how come no single Igbo politician was killed despite they had the Senate president, Governor General, most of the portfolio ministers and lots of other position holders in that allegedly corrupt hence coup-deserving government? We're all those Igbo portfolio holders saints?

On your question about why Nigeria could not be put on track again after that first coup; there were several attempts made at some points to do so by way of trying to restore in part or whole the Independence Constitution, but Igbos either refused to cooperate or play the spoiler role. Some instances are:
1. Ojukwu's insistence on Confederacy at Aburi as against the federalism on which Nigeria was founded at independence to everyone's mutual agreement freely.
2. Professor Nwabueze's use of his committee to further transfer virtually all items from the residual and concurrent lists to the exclusive list during the 1978 constitutional conference that birthed the 1979 constitution.

That coups were common in other African countries wasn't a justification for Nigeria to tow that path. Nigeria should have rather set a better example by not only sticking to democracy at home but sending troops to dethrone military governments all over Africa and thereby restoring democracy wherever it was tampered with. Coups don't progress any nation. Military rule is dictatorship and totalitarian in nature and we all know that dictatorship always brings retrogression to any nation where it is practised. When our founding fathers were struggling for independence, was a military-governed Nigeria their dream about Nigeria's path to greatness? Nigeria was primed from the beginning to be the giant of Africa and a world or at least regional power hence a coup was never the way to go regardless of how badly the politicians were allegedly managing the affairs. Of all the most prosperous and most powerful countries in the world today in terms of economy and military might, none ever had military intervention no matter how their politicians misgoverned at any stage of their democratic journey. Let South Africa the most prosperous African country today experience a military coup and watch it become a failed state like Nigeria and others in no time.

If countries like USA, UK, China, etc had ever had their democratic experience punctuated by military intervention, I can bet you that they wouldn't have been world powers today. Military intervention in governance is akin to a situation whereby a security man employed by a family or household to provide security for them one day hears the father and mother of that family having some misunderstanding which is normal, and then he accuses them of mismanaging the family's affairs, and so he shoots them dead with the gun they provided him with, then imposes himself on the children as their new parent. Do you think that such children will ever grow up to be the kind of responsible children their dead original parents were nurturing them to become? That exactly is the situation wrought on us Nigerians by the Igbo coupists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Deadlytruth(m): 7:35am On Apr 23, 2021
Fejoku:

Will respond to this truckload of rubbish you wrote here on this post by editing it later.
Edited to include my main response.

First of all, can you kindly quote any book or journal where it was written that Ojukwu marched his soldiers to Lagos? Can you tell us the exact date such happened and who led soldiers? All the lies you internalize is destroying you and I hope you don't recover from it.
Any reasonable person can see the devil in you through your claim of Awolowo giving Igbos their allocation 'to rebuild their cities'. May God punish you for making that statement. Yakubu Gowon at the end of the war announced the 3R acronym which signifies Reconciliation, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction. I bet he should be worshipped by Igbos for such 'generosity'. Did any sizable reconstruction happen? Was their any rehabilitation? The best was a cosmetic reconciliation as the present has proven that their was no sincere reconciliation. Go and study the after math of the USA civil war and learn what true reconciliation means. This is why the US is great today. Heck, the US even after using nuclear bombs on Japan still organised a Marshall plan for the rebuilding of Japan after the war ended. They're not the same country or even continent yet they understood the gains of true reconciliation. Western Germany was rebuilt by the allied forces for a reason which animals like you will never understand. Don't ever mention that allocation again as though the money came from his personal pocket.
For the 20 pounds policy where only Igbos who could prove to posses accounts were given only 20pounds. Do owners of solid properties look like those who would have only 20 pounds in their accounts? It's not justifiable but the hate in you will not allow you see it. You still foolishly wrote that the money came from 'Awolowo/FG government'. What does that mean? Did Awo have any government? He was the finance minister and at best could be the brain behind the idea but you made it appear as though the money was his. There were alternatives if sincerity was used. Weren't there bank records in other areas where the war wasn't fought? There were alternatives.
Here again we can see this madman talking about the confiscation of legally owned properties of fellow citizens. You have no single shame. How do you really hope to confiscate a people's property, deal terribly wrong to them and still expect them to swallow all these and remain happy citizens? I wonder what's in that your head. You could only do those to a people who you don't expect to share the same country with.
The NCNC story is another interesting that those who knew Azikiwe very well will see that he was a man who thought Nigeria and even Africa can be modelled after the USA. He was detribalized and only felt any wrong to contest for a post which he was rightly qualified. Like you said, he was the deputy leader of NCNC and he succeeded Macaulay to be come the leader. This was democracy at play where Nigeria was meant to be truly one devoid of tribalism. How you term it 'lording over the Yorubas' is what I don't understand. I must concede here that All was never a realist. He believed so much in the ideals of the US that he thought such could be replicated here in Africa starting from Nigeria Posterity has proved he was totally wrong. As you may, Igbos don't like him because their was no clearcut decisions he took for the good of Igbos like his contemporary did for their ethnic groups.
The coup contained other ethnicities including Yorubas and Azikiwe was never fingered in it. A fellow Yoruba by the name Ademoyega wrote a book to that effect. The title of the book is Why We Struck. There he explained in details all those that participated and he was among the planners and execution of the coup. How you arrived at 98% Igbo is still lost to me. It's clear you're deficient in statistics so I'll forgive you if you can give the correct statistics of the ethnic participation of the next coups that succeeded this first one. You can still hold on to the false narrative you're comfortable with any way.
In conclusion, anyone can see that I've been able to keep my argument strictly with you and not against your assumed ethnic group, Yoruba. This is because time is crucial in everything we do. I could bring up the many instances of Yoruba attacks against Igbos which can be verified on the internet but I chose not to go that route because that would be counterproductive to the spirit of the times. Mistakes are permitted in human relations and understanding is crucial if we expect a better relations in the future. But as for you, I hope you choke on your hate on the generality of my people. I wish that I can meet you in person let's have a 'last man standing' match. I'll show you no mercy.

I disagree with you completely on the two bolded lines.
First of all Azikiwe was the farthest from detribalization among all his political contemporaries back then. He only successfully pretended about it with his tongue-in-cheek one-Nigeria sloganeering unlike the others who were sincere and had no use for political correctness. You yourself have just ascertained here that Azikiwe was not realistic. We know that being unrealistic is a function of deceptive mindset and a desire to manipulate others. How come Azikiwe was detribalised and yet was a member of a tribal association called Igbos State Union (ISU) and even accepted to be its president?

Your argument that Azikiwe desired a replication of the US socio-economic template in Nigeria is story for the birds because unlike the US where they were practising true federalism, Azikiwe was advocating unitary system disguised as call for national unity. Secondly, Azikiwe never heard anyone chant One-America in all his years of schooling there, but he however returned home to chant one-Nigeria which was nothing but a euphemism for his preferred unitary system.
Azikiwe read Anthropology from Lincoln University USA and, going by the course's content, should have known that the overcentralized structure he was preaching in the name of nationalism would never work in a multi-ethnic Nigeria any more than it would have ever worked in the USA which he purportedly wanted Nigeria tailored after.
The glaring dissociation between Azikiwe's centripetal ideas of nation building and the USA's centrifugal arrangement poses a credibility question on this claim of yours that Azikiwe was sincerely visioning a Nigeria patterned after the USA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Fejoku: 10:26am On Apr 23, 2021
Deadlytruth:

If the first coup hasn't happened, all the other coups wouldn't have happened. Recall that those who ploted and executed the second coup didn't pretend about their mission as they were sincere enough to term it a revenge coup rather than claim they did it to stamp out misgovernance or corruption or any other deceptive revolutionary rhetorics which coupists are known with.
In essence the first coup brought into our national lives the culture of military disregard for the sovereignty of the civilian populace and that became the foundation of all the ills you have enumerated above. The belief by nearly everyone today that a constitutionally restructured Nigeria remains the panacea to all our ills is enough evidence to my take above.

Please note that the coup is termed an Igbo coup not because of the ethnic composition of the participants. After all to plot a coup requires a network of confidants and very close friends who are most likely to naturally come from one's tribe in a very young republic yet to experience genuine national integration. Rather it is termed an Igbo coup because of the ethnic pattern of the casualty which was 100% determined by the coupists. If not, how come no single Igbo politician was killed despite they had the Senate president, Governor General, most of the portfolio ministers and lots of other position holders in that allegedly corrupt hence coup-deserving government?

On your question about why Nigeria could not be put on track again after that first coup; there were several attempts made at some points to do so by way of trying to restore in part or whole the Independence Constitution, but Igbos either refused to cooperate or play the spoiler role. Some instances are:
1. Ojukwu's insistence on Confederacy at Aburi as against the federalism on which Nigeria was founded at independence to everyone's mutual agreement freely.
2. Professor Nwabueze's use of his committee to further transfer virtually all items from the residual and concurrent lists to the exclusive list during the 1978 constitutional conference that birthed the 1979 constitution.

That a coup was common in other African countries wasn't a justification for Nigeria to tow that path. Coups don't progress any nation. Military rule is dictatorship and totalitarian in nature and we all know that dictatorship always brings retrogression to any nation where it is practised. When our founding fathers were struggling for independence, was a military-governed Nigeria their dream about Nigeria's path to greatness? Nigeria was primed from the beginning to be the giant of Africa and a world or at least regional power hence a coup was never the way to go regardless of how badly the politicians were allegedly managing the affairs. Of all the most prosperous and most powerful countries in the world today in terms of economy and military might, none ever had military intervention no matter how their politicians misgoverned at any stage of their democratic journey. Let South Africa the most prosperous African country today experience a military coup and watch it become a failed state like Nigeria and others in no time.

If countries like USA, UK, China, etc had ever had their democratic experience punctuated by military intervention, I can bet you that they wouldn't have been world powers today. Military intervention in governance is akin to a situation whereby a security man employed by a family or household to provide security for them one day hears the father and mother of that family having some misunderstanding which is normal, and then he accuses them of mismanaging the family's affairs, and so he shots them with the gun they provided him with, then imposes himself on the children as their new parent. Do you think that such children will ever grow up to be the kind of responsible children their dead original parents were nurturing them to become? That exactly is the situation wrought on us Nigerians by the Igbo coupists.
Nnamdi Azikiwe being a member of Igbo Union doesn't in anyway affect his stance nationalistic stance. All your claims about him are centred on one thing which is lack of trust for him. You felt he was insincere and wasn't a nationalist. I'll have to leave it at that. Let his records speak for him.
I repeat that you can't pin the current bad situation on Igbos because they've been long out of any position to drive Nigeria in the direction they could. You can blame a passenger boxed to a corner for over 5hours for an accident that happened later. This is my point. Money was never a problem for those that ruled the country. Your example of a security guard killing the quarrelling parents of a home does it fit into the discourse. It's not a good analogy. We've seen a good number of Igbos over the years impacting heavily on the growth of Nigeria in the smaller capacities they controlled. Soludo, Akunyili, Festus Odimegwu, Okonjo-Iweala etc. That tells you the capacity of Igbos to improve things in giving the chance to steer the wheel but alas that will never be allowed yet you still want to pin the failure of Nigeria on them. That will never float before any reasonable panel. Whatever the wrong that was done can be greatly improved upon in 50 yrs time yet Nigeria currently is worse than it has ever been. Leave this particular argument, you can't win it.
As for coup d'etats, they are interventions that could swing either way. It worked in Ghana and might have worked in Nigeria if the narrative wasn't changed. Your earlier distrust of Azikiwe was held by many and such was used ti change the narrative that put the blamed on the entire Igbos including those who didn't even know anything about the happenings in Nigeria as at that time. The same distrust that remains till date. Have you ever asked yourself how Nigeria might have been if that coup was successful? Assuming Nzeogwu succeeded and Awolowo was made the president and he went on to bring development to Nigeria at large. After him, another good leader emerged to continue from where he stopped and today Nigeria becomes a second world country. Will the coup still be seen as a bad thing or be called an Igbo coup or should it be limited to the coupists themselves. Should the Igbos take the glory of whatever became of Nigeria after the coup? You see how latent perceptions can cloud a person's judgement. This is how intelligent people reason out things. Interventions are things that can swing in any direction and can be corrected if the people are wise enough to demand for correction.
In case you don't know, Nigeria is back to 1966. Southerners have little say in the control of the country and the fulani controlled north still want to continue with their conquest. The Tivs are still being slaughtered by the Nigerian army and the premier of the north is still looking cannon fodders and willing tools to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean. Will you favour a military intervention currently or do you prefer the rigging that will most likely take place in 2023?All our political analysis of the players of those days are needed currently. Will you join the category of a willing tool because you distrust the Igbos or will you go beyond your 'fears' and give the Igbos your support and see what country they can help to build in the next 30yrs? The choice is yours.
Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by PDPdestroyer(m): 11:54am On Apr 23, 2021
Deadlytruth:

If the first coup hasn't happened, all the other coups wouldn't have happened. Recall that those who ploted and executed the second coup didn't pretend about their mission as they were sincere enough to term it a revenge coup rather than claim they did it to stamp out misgovernance or corruption or any other deceptive revolutionary rhetorics which coupists are known with.

Please note that the coup is termed an Igbo coup not because of the ethnic composition of the participants. After all to plot a coup requires a network of confidants and very close friends who are most likely to naturally come from one's tribe in a very young republic yet to experience genuine national integration. Rather it is termed an Igbo coup because of the ethnic pattern of the casualty which was 100% determined by the coupists. If not, how come no single Igbo politician was killed despite they had the Senate president, Governor General, most of the portfolio ministers and lots of other position holders in that allegedly corrupt hence coup-deserving government?

That a coup was common in other African countries wasn't a justification for Nigeria to tow that path. Coups don't progress any nation. Military rule is dictatorship and totalitarian in nature and we all know that dictatorship always brings retrogression to any nation where it is practised. When our founding fathers were struggling for independence, was a military-governed Nigeria their dream about Nigeria's path to greatness? Nigeria was primed from the beginning to be the giant of Africa and a world or at least regional power hence a coup was never the way to go regardless of how badly the politicians were allegedly managing the affairs. Of all the most prosperous and most powerful countries in the world today in terms of economy and military might, none ever had military intervention no matter how their politicians misgoverned at any stage of their democratic journey. Let South Africa the most prosperous African country today experience a military coup and watch it become a failed state like Nigeria and others in no time.

If countries like USA, UK, China, etc had ever had their democratic experience punctuated by military intervention, I can bet you that they wouldn't have been world powers today. Military intervention in governance is akin to a situation whereby a security man employed by a family or household to provide security for them one day hears the father and mother of that family having some misunderstanding which is normal, and then he accuses them of mismanaging the family's affairs, and so he shots them with the gun they provided him with, then imposes himself on the children as their new parent. Do you think that such children will ever grow up to be the kind of responsible children their dead original parents were nurturing them to become? That exactly is the situation wrought on us Nigerians by the Igbo coupists.
I always look forward to read from you. You're the most rational nairalander, with a great knowledge of history unlike the many lowlifes that dominates this forum

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Know They'll Come For Me After Office by Deadlytruth(m): 9:25pm On Apr 23, 2021
Fejoku:

Nnamdi Azikiwe being a member of Igbo Union doesn't in anyway affect his stance nationalistic stance.

The primary and chief objective of any tribal union is to pursue that tribe's interest and at the expense of all other competing tribes where and when necessary. Even you yourself will not agree to join an Igbo union in which the interest of Igbos is made secondary behind those of Nigeria or other tribes in the stated aims and objectives section of its constitution. So whoever belongs to any union which membership is tribe-based is a tribalist in the background. And come to think of it, we were first members of our tribes before we became Nigerians and not the other way round. Even the so-called globalists do proritize their nation's interests above global interests. So in practical reality there is nothing like detribalization.

Fejoku:

All your claims about him are centred on one thing which is lack of trust for him. You felt he was insincere and wasn't a nationalist. I'll have to leave it at that. Let his records speak for him.
I have already given you facts of his records which logically prove that he was actually insincere and full of deception. He is assumed to be a nationalist because the typical Nigerian's quality of education is half-baked so he assumes centralism is synonymous with nationalism. Haven't you heard Nigerians ignorantly describing PDP and APC as the only truly national parties as a result of their perception that geographical spread of a party's membership confers nationalistic outlook on it?
Zik was a centralist cum neocolonialist and never a nationalist because nationalism, as defined in political philosophy, is a commitment to the freedom of one's country and its citizens from both external influence and from internal recolonization. Regarding the aspect of nationalism defined by resistance to external colonization the likes of Mandela of South Africa stand out in the whole world while Abraham Lincoln of USA perfectly exemplifies nationalism as regards resistance to internal colonization of a country's citizens by their own fellow citizens. Azikiwe fell short of these two standards for the following reasons:
1. he repeatedly publicly declared that he wouldn't mind paying the supreme price to see that Nigeria (a colonialists' enterprise) remained in existence.

2. he advocated unitary system which empowers the tribe that clinches power at the center to lord it over and oppress the others with state power apparatus as the Northerners have been doing since 1966 when they captured power sequel to Ironsi's introduction of unitary system.
On the contrary Herbert Macaulay is correctly described as Nigeria's first nationalist despite his party NNDP was confined to Lagos alone in terms of geographical spread. What made him a genuine nationalist was his pioneership of the anti-colonialism struggle and a genuine commitment to seeing a Nigeria founded on justice, equity, citizenship dignity and federalism. So I hope you now get the difference now between nationalism and centralism.
Fejoku:

I repeat that you can't pin the current bad situation on Igbos because they've been long out of any position to drive Nigeria in the direction they could. You can blame a passenger boxed to a corner for over 5hours for an accident that happened later. This is my point.

Unfortunately your analogy here doesn't cut it. Igbos were no longer passengers but took the position of driver ( in the person of Aguiyi Ironsi) after killing the initial driver (Balewa) on the excuse that he was driving recklessly. Then they proceeded to unilaterally destroy the perfectly working car engine (the federal constitution) and replace it with the engine of a grinding machine (Unitary constitution) and then drove the car to a serious accident which left the car in a situation beyond salvage.

Fejoku:

Money was never a problem for those that ruled the country. Your example of a security guard killing the quarrelling parents of a home does it fit into the discourse. It's not a good analogy. We've seen a good number of Igbos over the years impacting heavily on the growth of Nigeria in the smaller capacities they controlled. Soludo, Akunyili, Festus Odimegwu, Okonjo-Iweala etc. That tells you the capacity of Igbos to improve things in giving the chance to steer the wheel
Your attempt to ascribe the performances of the Akunyilis, Festus Odimegwus, Soludos, etc to their Igboness rather than their intellect as individuals is pooh-poohed by the fact that an Igbo man called Aguiyi Ironsi was the second person to steer the wheel of the country and his ineptitude resulted in a constitutional criss which culminated in a war that consumed over 3 million innocent lives and plunged the country into a succession of military dictatorships which put the country on the reverse gear for 33 years.

Fejoku:

but alas that will never be allowed yet you still want to pin the failure of Nigeria on them. That will never float before any reasonable panel. Whatever the wrong that was done can be greatly improved upon in 50 yrs time yet Nigeria currently is worse than it has ever been. Leave this particular argument, you can't win it.

What you seem not to understand is the fact that Nigeria's problem is structural and doesn't really have to do with the tribe of the person in power. Nigeria is like a car with an engine so faulty that even if you put a professor of driving on the steering he will drive as an amateur. Haven't you ever observed that the only era about which opinions are unanimous among Nigerians that there was good governance remains the first republic which was when the right structure was in place courtesy of the truly federal Independence Constitution?
The present persistent calls for restructuring is premised on the realization that with this Unitary system in place even an angel from heaven will misgovern. Then how much more the mortal Igbo men and women you listed above?
Fejoku:

As for coup d'etats, they are interventions that could swing either way. It worked in Ghana and might have worked in Nigeria if the narrative wasn't changed.
your use of the word might brings the whole argument into the realm of conjecture which is a two way thing. But unfortunately you picked the option that favours your sentiment. If not, what makes you believe that Ghana couldn't have ended up better than it is now if that coup of theirs never happened? Mind you that nation building is not premised on what soldiers think is right about the polity but what the people themselves choose through the ballot regardless of whether their choice is right or wrong. If the civil populace later find out that they made the wrong choice of leadership then the ballot is there for them to correct it themselves and not by military intervention at all. The Ghana you cited to substantiate your pro- military intervention stance can never ever become as prosperous as the likes of USA, UK, Germany, SA where military has never intervened
That is democracy for you.
Fejoku:

Your earlier distrust of Azikiwe was held by many and such was used ti change the narrative that put the blamed on the entire Igbos including those who didn't even know anything about the happenings in Nigeria as at that time. The same distrust that remains till date. Have you ever asked yourself how Nigeria might have been if that coup was successful?
I have given you the hard facts why Azikiwe carries the blame remotely for the coup. It was his centripetal ideology that inspired me January 15 boys into sponsoring a coup aimed at strengthening the center.
Fejoku:

Assuming Nzeogwu succeeded and Awolowo was made the president and he went on to bring development to Nigeria at large. After him, another good leader emerged to continue from where he stopped and today Nigeria becomes a second world country. Will the coup still be seen as a bad thing or be called an Igbo coup or should it be limited to the coupists themselves. Should the Igbos take the glory of whatever became of Nigeria after the coup?
Again, your premise here is highly flawed. Awolowo was a dyed-in-the-wool federalist hence wouldn't have ever accepted to head a unitary government which was the type favored by the coupists according to their own confessions. Even if Awolowo had discarded his pro-federalism principles and accepted to head a unitary government put in place by the January 15 boys, he was bound to fail on the reason that he would have been working with a military-imposed unitary constitution which we all know makes very bad leaders out of even angels. Didn't Awolowo later head mere finance ministry under a Gowon's unitary military government for which you Igbos adjudge him a failure till today over the alleged £20 and starvation policies? That tells you that Awolowo being imposed on the country by the coupists wasn't a guarantee of a march to the second world status attainment. What would have taken Nigeria forward was simply a retention of the sovereign Independence Constitution regardless of who governed at the center.

Fejoku:

You see how latent perceptions can cloud a person's judgement. This is how intelligent people reason out things. Interventions are things that can swing in any direction and can be corrected if the people are wise enough to demand for correction.
On the contrary intelligent people reason by looking at both sides of the prognosis rather than just focusing on the part which appears to reinforce their sentiments.
And that is what I did above as regards the higher probability that an Awolowo-headed illegitimate unitary government would have taken Nigeria nowhere.

Fejoku:

In case you don't know, Nigeria is back to 1966. Southerners have little say in the control of the country and the fulani controlled north still want to continue with their conquest. The Tivs are still being slaughtered by the Nigerian army and the premier of the north is still looking cannon fodders and willing tools to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean. Will you favour a military intervention currently or do you prefer the rigging that will most likely take place in 2023?All our political analysis of the players of those days are needed currently. Will you join the category of a willing tool because you distrust the Igbos or will you go beyond your 'fears' and give the Igbos your support and see what country they can help to build in the next 30yrs? The choice is yours.

Unfortunately, this kind of narrative in rationalizing the January 15 coup actually turns logic on its head in the eyes of a genuinely intelligent mind because it leaves more questions than answers. You know why?
If the domination of the polity by Hausafulanis and their alleged conquest agenda aimed at dipping the Quran into the Atlantic Ocean was what the Nzeogws and Ifeajunas were really out to curb, then common sense dictated that the Azikiwe whose choice of political partnership gave power to the North over the South should be the first target of the coupists before killing any other person. Without Azikiwe's compromise by which he freely handed over power to the North for an election won clearly by the South, we wouldn't have been faced with the North's conquest agenda domination agenda thereafter. But a coup supposedly aimed at stemming the tide of the consequence of Azikiwe's sabotage of the South's interest left Azikiwe walking free while innocent persons were felled by bullets. Is that your own kind of sense of judgement?
Let us take for instance that some Yoruba officers of the Nigerian Army, irked by the current alleged fulanization and islamization agenda of the Buhari regime, carry out a coup by which they kill Buhari, Ngige, Amaechi, Joe Igbokwe, Pantami, and lots of other Igbo figures in the government but leave totally unharmed Osinbajo and the very Tinubu whom most Igbos believe helped Buhari to power twice, will you as an Igbo man ever be convinced that the coup was aimed at curbing the North's islamization and conquest agenda? Be honest.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Did Not Include Primary, Secondary And University Names On His INEC Form / Ambode, Obiano, Ugwuanyi, Tinubu, Others For World Igbo Day In Lagos / Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.