Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others (25647 Views)

Proposed Endsars Protest: Lagos Police Withdraw Men From Individuals. / Police Withdraw Charges Against Student Operating Jonathan Parody Account / Police Withdraw All MOPOL In Benue On Special Duties (See Letter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by whela(m): 6:22am On Apr 21, 2021

Yeye people
Clowns
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by jrusky(m): 6:31am On Apr 21, 2021
BafanaBafana:
We have an IGP for the first time who is actually doing something.
The immediate past IGP might be the worst I've ever known. Even though he was from Interpol, the man behaved like he has never traveled outside Nigeria. Very local somebody Adamu is.

That Adamu I no understand him at all.

3 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by LionTiger(m): 6:34am On Apr 21, 2021
Thirdwrist:
Are we finally going to see a check to check in our current institutions as opposed to the "yes sir, watin you want make I do next" that exist in this administration and its institutions.

It's all about politics. They all know what to do; will only spring into action towards the end of political tenure.

1 Like

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by VictorUSA(m): 6:35am On Apr 21, 2021
Baba, pls work on the security issues in this nation.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by DivineDynamics: 6:38am On Apr 21, 2021
Let us live right in the light of Christ.

Jesus saves.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Karemarealty288(m): 6:41am On Apr 21, 2021
post=100978130:
Some of the past chairmen of the commission were Commissioners of Police as of the time of their appointment, which has made more policemen to be deployed to the commission.

Police or no police, anything to move our darling nation forward is what we are after.

Nigeria will be great again

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by jrusky(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2021
I pray the cabals will allow this IG to do his job because it seems he knows what is doing.

Efccis not a police unit let them go and train their personnel on security of their boss.

Pls IG tell your boys to vacate all Lagos roads and stop roadblocks in SE.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Bellotelli: 6:54am On Apr 21, 2021
etokhana:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/20/igp-efcc-chairman-collision-course-police-withdraw-csps-others-anti-graft-agency
But if I may ask. Are the police being paid by the commission or by the police or both.? Anyway, the efcc should recruit and train more men.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by CrownWale93(m): 7:00am On Apr 21, 2021
RenerdsMedia:
Hi, i need the service of a marketer/copywriter.
Check my profile.
I'm an internet marketer and web developer..
Call/Watsapp: +2348135102690
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Cutehector(m): 7:05am On Apr 21, 2021
Isnt it obvious that this country is no longer valid?
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 21, 2021
CrownWale93:
I'm an internet marketer and web developer..
Call/Watsapp: +2348135102690
Contact me via the provided mail.
I dropped a mail.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Tbasicme: 7:09am On Apr 21, 2021
Adetayo1978:
The action should be given a rethink because these agencies, in one way or the other,need the Nigerian police Force's collaboration. Will they now employ the Amotekun?

From the narrative, Only police officers in the rank of CSP and above were withdrawn. It doesn't mean that all other police officers in the rank below csp were withdrawn.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 21, 2021
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Owerri1stSon: 7:23am On Apr 21, 2021
oshonky:
I never knew the police were even part of the efcc, as they all wear that red jacket
Anyway they should recruit and train reasonable civilians as there’s no job out there

They don't wear the red jacket. They are just like errand boys in EFCC quarters..

The guard the gates, follow the EFCC with arms in case of any arrest and other stuffs
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Mrpojj(m): 7:24am On Apr 21, 2021
etokhana:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/20/igp-efcc-chairman-collision-course-police-withdraw-csps-others-anti-graft-agency

Any that thinks we have a leader is joking
Everyone is doing what he likes in this country
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by omonnakoda: 7:33am On Apr 21, 2021
BafanaBafana:
The immediate past IGP might be the worst I've ever known. Even though he was from Interpol, the man behaved like he has never traveled outside Nigeria. Very local somebody Adamu is.
What kind of English is this
He was from Interpol ko He was from Internet ni
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Foreigna: 7:38am On Apr 21, 2021
omonnakoda:
What kind of English is this
He was from Interpol ko He was from Internet ni

IGP Adamu spent a greater part of his career in Interpol. He was CP Interpol and worked outside Nigeria for many years. It was from Interpol that he was made IGP. If you don't know what Interpol is, why don't you use Google instead of making a fool of yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by FarahAideed: 7:39am On Apr 21, 2021
[quote author=Karemarealty288 post=100978864][/quote]

See his ashy feet ..Yuck
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 21, 2021
Clinton207:
This man would be taken serious when he withdraws the security details attached to politicians and other high profiled persons...

I crave for this as it will pressure those politicians to see to the security of this country.

Gbam! Now that is the litmus test.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by ArcFresky(m): 7:41am On Apr 21, 2021
BafanaBafana:

Lol, people just carry their phone and type shit. You think its beans to rise to IGP in any country.

You that is judging someone else, am sure you were never top in school, not to mention your career.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by omonnakoda: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2021
Foreigna:

IGP Adamu spent a greater part of his career in Interpol. He was CP Interpol and worked outside Nigeria for many years. It was from Interpol that he was made IGP. If you don't know what Interpol is, why don't you use Google instead of making a fool of yourself.
He is not FROM Interpol

all tha story is unnecessary and I will not engage you on that
Just use English language correctly
No one asked you biography

Once again
He is FROM the Nigerian Police Force

He is NOT from Interpol

One thing is clear

You do not know what INTERPOL is
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 21, 2021
True about that Adamu but let’s still chill small and see how Bawa’s tenure is going to pan out, make he no sha be initial gragra you know we Nigerians, we like am for initial gragra

BafanaBafana:
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by tobaaro(m): 8:16am On Apr 21, 2021
Seems like an attempt to weaken the EFCC to me and slow the anti-corruption drive of the new EFCC chairman.

All cases being handled by those CSP go pause small for now. Besides he will know he doesn't have full backing of d govt.

Political move to curb a young and over-ambitious chair. My 2cents
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 21, 2021
BafanaBafana:

I have hearsay information about the new man from before he was appointed IGP. He took a stand for justice when some crooks were trying to cheat someone out of his property which is backed by c of o. We pray he writes his name in gold.

1 Like

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Vicochende(m): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2021
Where is the collision course here? The EFCC staff are highly trained and can carry out their duties without the police being in the EFCC. They can always collaborate. Both Chiefs know what they are doing. It is clear the EFCC no longer needs the police force in their midst with the appointment of Mr. Bawa
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by sweetgala(m): 8:46am On Apr 21, 2021
BafanaBafana:

What are you speaking about, Adamu was the start of correcting the flaws of policing in Nigeria, the man distanced himself from politics and didn't meddle in trying to stay past his due date.

I heard idiots on national TV state his removal was done poorly while he was away in the SE, the man was on a 90 day extension for a new IGP to be appointedand he knows that.

Adamu resolved the conflict with the PSC which his predecessors maintained for many years he resolved the issue of ENDSARS with dignity on his own part even though the army, the saboteurs and insurrectionists made sure the issue became a horrible episode.

The EFCC matter is one that needs to be dealt with and I'm happy with the new development, I watched Bawa's screening and he touched on the fact he is the first EFCC chief that wasn't from the police cadre however is fully trained and appointed as a "law enforcement officer" he acknowledged the police officers in the EFCC are only on secondment and the extended posting was not ideal.

I have a lot of hope the Bawa years ahead would yield an improvement in the operational workings and the attitude of the EFCC we might not see record convictions like under Magu but the EFCC would be restructured and become more professional and most efficient. EFCC like their counterparts globally should have their own staff taken from higher institutions lawyers, forensic accountants and scientists that's the future.

1 Like

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by duality(m): 8:47am On Apr 21, 2021
Little Bawaa of EFCC now knows police is not your friend.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by SEGLIZ: 8:48am On Apr 21, 2021
BafanaBafana:

an Interpol officer behaving like a tadpole.

1 Like

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by sweetgala(m): 8:48am On Apr 21, 2021
oshonky:
I never knew the police were even part of the efcc, as they all wear that red jacket
Anyway they should recruit and train reasonable civilians as there’s no job out there

All the heads of efcc till date are police officers of ACP/CP rank
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by mastertek: 9:02am On Apr 21, 2021
See as you idiot' are praising one of Nigerian government corrupt agency.

Do you people have brain at all and know what's going on this country. There's no one saint working for Nigerian that's not corrupt with Impunity.

See as he analyzing efcc like one group of saint and angel from heaven. This country is doom.

All the people you are analyzing are bunch of useless corrupt ententies from their top to driver & gateman

sweetgala:

What are you speaking about, Adamu was the start of correcting the flaws of policing in Nigeria, the man distanced himself from politics and didn't meddle in trying to stay past his due date.

I heard idiots on national TV state his removal was done poorly while he was away in the SE, the man was on a 90 day extension for a new IGP to be appointedand he knows that.

Adamu resolved the conflict with the PSC which his predecessors maintained for many years he resolved the issue of ENDSARS with dignity on his own part even though the army, the saboteurs and insurrectionists made sure the issue became a horrible episode.

The EFCC matter is one that needs to be dealt with and I'm happy with the new development, I watched Bawa's screening and he touched on the fact he is the first EFCC chief that wasn't from the police cadre however is fully trained and appointed as a "law enforcement officer" he acknowledged the police officers in the EFCC are only on secondment and the extended posting was not ideal.

I have a lot of hope the Bawa years ahead would yield an improvement in the operational workings and the attitude of the EFCC we might not see record convictions like under Magu but the EFCC would be restructured and become more professional and most efficient. EFCC like their counterparts globally should have their own staff taken from higher institutions lawyers, forensic accountants and scientists that's the future.

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by olisaEze(m): 9:02am On Apr 21, 2021
Where is the collision course? The IGP is just creating awareness that there’s a new sheriff in town as is customary. Give him a couple of months and it’s back to business as usual. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

History Will Be Made If Tinubu Becomes President – Tanko Yakasai / Portrait Of Buhari Dressed In Igbo Attire Presented To Him By Nigeria Ambassador / Osinbajo Never Prayed For Buhari To Die In RCCG - Laolu Akande To Festus Adebayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.