Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others (25642 Views)

Proposed Endsars Protest: Lagos Police Withdraw Men From Individuals. / Police Withdraw Charges Against Student Operating Jonathan Parody Account / Police Withdraw All MOPOL In Benue On Special Duties (See Letter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by etokhana: 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
The acting Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba, and the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Abdulrasheed Bawa, may be on a collision course, as the police authorities have directed the withdrawal of its senior officers from the commission starting from Chief Superintendents of Police.

The IGP gave the directive in a memo to the EFCC chairman, dated April 15, and obtained by SaharaReporters, while also requesting that the commission provide the police with the list of personnel in its nominal roll and their dates of transfer.

The IGP letter reads that the CSPs and other senior police officers hitherto with the EFCC must return to the police headquarters on Wednesday by 10 am for “further instructions.”

The IGP's memo written by Acting Commissioner of Police, Idowu Owohunwa, a Principal Staff Officer to the IGP, reads, “I write to extend the warmest regards of the Inspector-General of Police and to inform the chairman that the Inspector-General of Police has directed the withdrawal of all senior police officers from the rank of Chief Superintendent of Police and above attached to your agency.

“The decision is informed by the current operational requirements of the force. You are accordingly requested to kindly direct the immediate release of the concerned officers who are to collectively report to the undersigned on Wednesday, April 21, 2021, at 10am for further instructions.

“I am to also request that you avail this office the comprehensive nominal roll of all police personnel attached to the EFCC to include their date of transfer and designations in the agency for the purpose of updating our records.”

Although the EFCC has civilian staff members and its trained cadets, police officers make up a substantial number in its investigations and operations department – the core department of the commission.

Some of the past chairmen of the commission were Commissioners of Police as of the time of their appointment, which has made more policemen to be deployed to the commission.
http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/20/igp-efcc-chairman-collision-course-police-withdraw-csps-others-anti-graft-agency

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by BafanaBafana: 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2021
We have an IGP for the first time who is actually doing something.
The immediate past IGP might be the worst I've ever known. Even though he was from Interpol, the man behaved like he has never traveled outside Nigeria. Very local somebody Adamu is.

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by MajesticKris: 10:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
Good job...... Policemen are meant to be in their stations or warehouse..

While EFCC should train their personnel's/Arm them....

Ohh I forgot... They no longer have STATION'S grin

37 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by ipobarethieves: 5:43am On Apr 21, 2021
sad
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by longetivity(m): 5:44am On Apr 21, 2021
Useless corntree

2 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Sunnycliff(m): 5:44am On Apr 21, 2021
Confusion in the zoo. Lack of synergy

5 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:44am On Apr 21, 2021
Some of the past chairmen of the commission were Commissioners of Police as of the time of their appointment, which has made more policemen to be deployed to the commission.

Police or no police, anything to move our darling nation forward is what we are after.

Nigeria will be great again

God bless Nigeria.

21 Likes 10 Shares

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Thirdwrist(m): 5:45am On Apr 21, 2021
Are we finally going to see a check to check in our current institutions as opposed to the "yes sir, watin you want make I do next" that exist in this administration and its institutions.

1 Like

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Isokoson1: 5:46am On Apr 21, 2021
Good one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by kolajoo(m): 5:47am On Apr 21, 2021
Following grin
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Adetayo1978(m): 5:47am On Apr 21, 2021
The action should be given a rethink because these agencies, in one way or the other,need the Nigerian police Force's collaboration. Will they now employ the Amotekun?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by blackpanda: 5:47am On Apr 21, 2021
This is a wake up call to efcc. It's time to ditch npf and focus on training its own staff tactically. It's all politics tho

4 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by OfficialGaGa(m): 5:47am On Apr 21, 2021
This changes nothing.... infact the affected police officers go dey angry cuz dem go dey share money and people property for there.... cuz na where man dey work him take dey chop.... naim make Dem call am workshop....

What of the police men with politicians and celebrities? what their usefulness there??

Useless IGP

1 Like

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Balistic4: 5:48am On Apr 21, 2021
it will still not prevent our police from licking the asses of corrupt politicians and foreigners.

4 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by blackpanda: 5:48am On Apr 21, 2021
Thirdwrist:
Are we finally going to see a check to check in our current institutions as opposed to the "yes sir, watin you want make I do next" that exist in this administration and its institutions.

Your comment has no bearing with this post dear. What exactly are u trying to say

9 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 21, 2021
Hi, i need the service of a marketer/copywriter. Check my profile.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Spainze007(m): 5:49am On Apr 21, 2021
maka why
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by hemucology(m): 5:50am On Apr 21, 2021
Okay

Untill I see the result

1 Like

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by rawtouch: 5:53am On Apr 21, 2021
undecided

while they at it also withdraw the sergeant and corporals attached to every other individual and companies
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 21, 2021
BafanaBafana:
The immediate past IGP might be the worst I've ever known. Even though he was from Interpol, the man behaved like he has never traveled outside Nigeria. Very local somebody Adamu is.
Don't be in a Hurry to conclude.
The same Humans are still inhabiting Nigeria.
The same old Wine in New Bottle.

3 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by fasho01(m): 5:56am On Apr 21, 2021
Police have been reduced to errand boys for politicians and people of influence which ought not to be.. Hope this time it yields results

1 Like

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by oshonky: 5:57am On Apr 21, 2021
I never knew the police were even part of the efcc, as they all wear that red jacket
Anyway they should recruit and train reasonable civilians as there’s no job out there

2 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by rovher: 5:58am On Apr 21, 2021
BafanaBafana:
Brother u dey para gan o, see as u enter former I.G, bro carry on o, that Adamu guy just be like dummy sef ...

3 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by adash101: 6:05am On Apr 21, 2021
Lets see how this will end.
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Ryan03(f): 6:06am On Apr 21, 2021
Adetayo1978:
The action should be given a rethink because these agencies, in one way or the other,need the Nigerian police Force's collaboration. Will they now employ the Amotekun?
let them do so. They claimed the police in their midst is the reason for corruption in those sectors, lets remove the police, I am sure they will be corruption free now

8 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Ryan03(f): 6:08am On Apr 21, 2021
oshonky:
I never knew the police were even part of the efcc, as they all wear that red jacket
Anyway they should recruit and train reasonable civilians as there’s no job out there
reasonable civilians? Lol, na the same Nigerians crying about corruption they go recruit enter there, then they will continue from where the others stopped

3 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by sammyj: 6:08am On Apr 21, 2021
shocked Yahoo boys will be happy to hear this news !!! shocked
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by cardoctor(m): 6:10am On Apr 21, 2021
D
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Coronavirus1: 6:10am On Apr 21, 2021
I have told you guys that Igp Baba is an administrator who knows the rules of police.
God bless igp Baba.

4 Likes

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Clinton207: 6:10am On Apr 21, 2021
This man would be taken serious when he withdraws the security details attached to politicians and other high profiled persons...

I crave for this as it will pressure those politicians to see to the security of this country.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by McLizbae: 6:14am On Apr 21, 2021
Ok
Re: IGP, EFCC Chairman On Collision Course As Police Withdraw CSPs, Others by Adetayo1978(m): 6:17am On Apr 21, 2021
Ryan03:
let them do so. They claimed the police in their midst is the reason for corruption in those sectors, lets remove the police, I am sure they will be corruption free now

Well, you may be right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heavy Rain Triggers Flash Flood In Ekiti (pictures) / 55 African Beauty Queens Storm Owerri. Trailed By Angry Reactions / I’ve Never Seen INEC Server, But Yakubu Says It Exists - Osita Chidoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.