Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,645 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Can You Guess The Department? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Guess The Department? (41410 Views)

Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department / Class Of .94 Pharmacy Uniben Gives Back To The Department 25years Later. / Meet The Overall Best Graduating Student In The Department Of Nursing Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Stevyne: 7:37am On Apr 24, 2021
For ND1 we be like 235
Wen e reach ND1 second semester, them withdrawal 40 students!
50 deh probation.

Omoh, when we reach ND 2
Class population drop to like 170!
Inside that 170 people wey get better result for our final exams then no reach 50
See we signed out precisely November 16 2019,
Final results come out frist week of March 2020.

As result come out people still get Carry over,
Fast forward to November dem re register some of there CO courses, re do am again.

Just last week or so!
Them say there result don come out.
Them still get Carry over again��

I'm talking About Science Laboratory Technology (Yabatech)
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by potent5(m): 7:38am On Apr 24, 2021
Osoboshi:
a med student
Cool.
Be very serious o. I saw a lot of men fall by the way side in that lion's den. Nor be joke. The dream of so many Brilliant guys to become medical doctors were cut short by 3rd and 4th MBs. Back then I was in GH.
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by UwaMmebii(m): 7:40am On Apr 24, 2021
potent5:
Medicine and surgery, UNEC.

If you see wetin 3rd MB de carry guys do eh.

grin cheesy grin

No be lie bro, that course is tough in that uni.
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Osoboshi: 7:54am On Apr 24, 2021
potent5:

Cool.
Be very serious o. I saw a lot of men fall by the way side in that lion's den. Nor be joke. The dream of so many Brilliant guys to become medical doctors were cut short by 3rd and 4th MBs. Back then I was in GH.
tnx for the advice, seems u're a super lion?
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 24, 2021
goldony:
It should be a Chemistry dept.

My cousin told me in their chemistry dept, they're 30 students for project,,as 10 out of the 20 students are spill overs.
In their year 1,entire engineering dept students failed a 5unit chemistry course.
When the lecturer was summoned to pity and pass them,he promised that he will never add extra passmark to any chemistry student.
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by stag: 8:00am On Apr 24, 2021
clockwisereport:
Geology

I swear this was the first & only dept I definitely knew had to be it.

Back in school, even the atmosphere once you enter that dept was depressing. Such gloomy place undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Guess The Department? by MRLANNISTER(m): 8:41am On Apr 24, 2021
pharmagba:
It used to be the story in faculty of Pharmacy

Once a Dean after failing the whole graduating set in a particular year, rose up and made this infamous statement when asked to present student for graduation, " Ladies and Gentlemen of the the Senate, my student have all refused to graduate"

Great Ife!!!
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by potent5(m): 8:42am On Apr 24, 2021
Osoboshi:
tnx for the advice, seems u're a super lion?
Yes. 07 law.
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 24, 2021
Physics and industrial physics.
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Stevyne: 9:29am On Apr 24, 2021
Nuttella:
Physics and industrial physics.
Anything Physics na War zone
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by seunH: 9:41am On Apr 24, 2021
Sorry please Iet's get something right here, there is a difference between when students voluntarily withdraw their studentship based on many reasons like lack of interest, poor grades, better alternatives etc and when a student is actually FORCED to withdraw from the faculty, I'll like us to take note. In Nigeria only few faculties forcefully withdraw their students from their faculties example is Dentistry, Vet med, Human med and some few others. Majority of the other faculties run a course unit system where you are allowed to carryover, have extra year etc provided your GP is not less than 1 point, even with that, you'll be on probation. So let's try and put thing in proper perspective, I'm seeing almost all the courses in Nigeria on this thread and it's like some people are using it as a status quo to boost their courses status. Let me give you an instance, most Anatomy students wanted to study Mbbs, even after offered admission, most will still write another jamb to go to other faculties esp to Human medicine. Now if we have about 80 Anatomy students in 100 level and by 400 level they have reduced to 30 which many may be due to voluntary migration to other faculties, it doesn't necessarily mean the department is harsh!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Skinkerjnr(m): 9:43am On Apr 24, 2021
stanley000:
lies bro, number 1 men always came from engg dept. sug, etc even fraternities preferred engineering students as their heads.
Shatap if u no go mouau....wat he said is 100% true
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2021
seunH:
Sorry please Iet's get something right here, there is a difference between when students voluntarily withdraw their studentship based on many reasons like lack of interest, poor grades, better alternatives etc and when a student is actually FORCED to withdraw from the faculty, I'll like us to take note. In Nigeria only few faculties forcefully withdraw their students from their faculties example is Dentistry, Vet med, Human med and some few others. Majority of the other faculties run a course unit system where you are allowed to carryover, have extra year etc provided your GP is not less than 1 point, even with that, you'll be on probation. So let's try and put thing in proper perspective, I'm seeing almost all the courses in Nigeria on this thread and it's like some people are using it as a status quo to boost their courses status. Let me give you an instance, most Anatomy students wanted to study Mbbs, even after offered admission, most will still write another jamb to go to other faculties esp to Human medicine. Now if we have about 80 Anatomy students in 100 level and by 400 level they have reduced to 30 which many may be due to voluntary migration to other faculties, it doesn't necessarily mean the department is harsh!!!!!
Right on point. Your decision to leave shouldn't count
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Lulifiedsugar: 10:31am On Apr 24, 2021
AAU MEDICINE AND SURGERY

#saveaau
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Hypnotise: 11:10am On Apr 24, 2021
I thank God for saving me from that so called geology. Praise the Lord.
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 24, 2021
Nigeria... Where those who should show you how to succeed are hapoy and proud to see you fail. Nobody is held accountable for such mass failure. Nigeria is a shame, a disgrace and a failed state.
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by ofiko123(m): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
Law... that is what I am guessing...
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
ofiko123:
Law... that is what I am guessing...
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by GboyegaD(m): 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
olabright31:

Geology and Biochem are both terrible at ife but Geology was worse, I don't know of now though, it's been a while

I wasn't in sciences but my friends in Geology never complained like Biochemistry. MCB guts had fun though. Around what year was a while?
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by virginboy1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
This is University of Ibadan DlC.
Psychology department and Economics
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by SeanBeezy(m): 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2021
vickyfrancis1:

not true bro . he has even served his father land... the guy is doing well tho
nice to know
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by ikorodureporta: 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2021
Hypnotise:
I thank God for saving me from that so called geology. Praise the Lord.
grin
Those lecturers don turn to cabal there. Them no want others to follow chop oyell money.
Geologists, despite knowing more than surveyors, can't even get decent jobs after graduating because of their bad grades, & lack of structure..compared to surveyors than can still go for internship to enhance their skills
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by sokkatua: 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2021
OAU white house is hello on earth ,dont even think about geology and biochemistry..I was a below average student at OAU ,but I hailed as a genius by my classmates at Ryerson University in Toronto.One of my lecturers at OAU failed me because I had the audacity to walk out of the class to ease myself. I pleaded with him yet he still failed me,some of my classmates spent 7 years for a 4 years program
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by sokkatua: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2021
OAU white house is hell on earth ,dont even think about geology and biochemistry..I was a below average student at OAU ,but I was hailed as a genius by my classmates at Ryerson University in Toronto.One of my lecturers at OAU failed me because I had the audacity to walk out of the class to ease myself. I pleaded with him yet he still failed me,some of my classmates spent 7 years for a 4 years program
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by oliviacute(f): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2021
biochemistry

1 Like

Re: Can You Guess The Department? by DedeNkem: 9:35am On Apr 26, 2021
Sorting Department.
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Precyors(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Is furthermaths hard?
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Precyors(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2021
PropaMan:
CS aka. Computer Science, or any course that has a lot of mathematics and calculations generally.

Lol
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Precyors(m): 4:12pm On May 20, 2021
emmanuelpopson:

U be OSU student??

Hmmmm

Make I no talk...

Lol
Talk o
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Viemma(f): 1:16pm On May 28, 2021
Pls am in 200level now in pharmacology and therapeutics in delsu can I switch to pharmacy and what cgpa do I need to switch pls I need your replies
Re: Can You Guess The Department? by Johnames: 3:29pm On May 29, 2021
maxinvile:
Chemistry Department
have you seen the number?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNILAG Reveals The Names Of Candidates That Upgraded Their Post-UTME Results / Sex For Marks: What We Have Done To Professor Akindele - OAU / A Secondary School Student Draws Mermaid With Ordinary Sand.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.