Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,491 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular (64838 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by blazepascal(m): 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
toffyz:
Victor AD shouldn't be on that list

He already has a hit song ( wetin you gain)

I think he's popular among music lovers

he's not consistent with his hit song that's what make an artist more popular
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Akfrenzy(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
#MAKY_MOORE.

This month you will not cry This month you will not beg This moth you will know no sorrow This month help will come to you This month your glory will manifest This month no bad news for you This month you will have data to download my songs � In Jesus name..Amen Welcome to a new month..

Please follow the link to download Egwu ndi nwere ego audio and video �
Full video link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OODMOopWhA
https://afro10mentz.com/2021/01/03/music-marky-moore-egwu-ndi-nwere-ego/
Follow me up � @kingmarkymoore IG @kingmarkymoore1 Twitter @kingmarkymoore fbk page
GOD BLESS US ALL ❤️
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by PoshLines5: 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
Erigga, champion of warri. grin grin
OP Lets be guided ooo, know what you say and mean it.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Angelfrost(m): 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
Let's just face it... Erigga raps with content!

Nigeria has never been known for rewarding true talent! It's all mediocrity masked with dance-able beats.

If it were not the case, then Burna Boy shouldn't be the best thing to come out of Naija.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Awaja(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
3pleawaja is a talented Rapper too ,but the industry is yet to recognize his craft
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Iknowhow: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
I am not sure I agree with you. We need to define what talent is. You may not like their music but doesn't mean they are not talented. I don't know if you understand me. These guys work really hard. You need to see the energy and time they put in for a song to drop. Talent and hard work speak sometimes
phr0nesis:

Naira Marley
Zlatan
Olamide
Davido
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Subray(f): 2:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
MEENARK is an Abuja base young rising act that’s very much talented but not recognized, his basically in the northern part of Nigeria currently, Kaduna to be precise. Amongst lots of hit single is he has dropped the latest AWASHIMA! Check him out...
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by phr0nesis(m): 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2021
Iknowhow:
I am not sure I agree with you. We need to define what talent is. You may not like their music but doesn't mean they are not talented. I don't know if you understand me. This guys work really hard. You need to see the energy and time they put in for a song to drop. Talent and hardwork speaks sometimes
Their lyrics should tell you if they are talented or not. If someone sings, you should be able to relate to what they are singing about.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Aurelius1(m): 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2021
I'll add Airforce1 to the list.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
shegzhkn:

Lol @ bolded text.

So the money comes in bulk, $20k, $10k, and the big gees above $100k!

i will assume these folks ain't the gift cards and romance scam type perhaps BEC con.
No, not romance. Banking, BTC, Cashapp, Alibaba and Co.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Mrtaye: 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
Synchro
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by shegzhkn: 3:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
grossintel:
No, not romance. Banking, BTC, Cashapp, Alibaba and Co.

Thanks for your input bro.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Liposure: 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
highmey:
Vader
AKA Frank my homie from wayback

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Onebaddest01: 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2021
Dotman kuraja

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Krismas(m): 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
post=100986682:
Erigga

Erigga is an amazing rapper from Delta state, he has been in the music industry for over a decade and has produced several hits along the way.
He' s not as famous as some of the heavyweights in the music industry but Erigga is one of the best rappers from the South Nigeria.

Victor Ad.

Kabex.

Dandizzy.

Kudos Alujonu.

Enjoy the loud Collaboration from Erigga and Victor AD.

It's Victor AD na na
King Paper
Pikin wey dey find party rice no
Suppose to fear dance eh (fear dance eh)
And as I come with my red eye, red eye, make dem give me chance eh
You wey nor know the way song take start dey hurry to dance eh
How e do you now as you dance galala inside azonto?

My biggest motivation na those men wey elbow me lost eh
But my biggest motivation na those days i no see food chop eh
I say my biggest motivation na those wey say hustle no go pay oh
Omo my biggest motivation na those wey dey hate
2 seconds them dey motivate us
See if you won burst na 2 seconds 3 too tey
Day break everywhere burst my woman pay
This year we go give wahala problem
Where the girls dey use my benz take go toll them
Incase dem wan dey assume na to spray
The money anyhow like another man perfume
If sars won jump i naked follow them
Wetin dey happen officer me and you get problem?
Old warri me nor bother nobody
So no dey bother me hold this funds take press
Everywhere hard i know e nor easy bros
Even for hell fire now devil sitdown dey press
Respect who get but fear who never collect
The first taking now there area take scatter
Street na general market u fit pick 2
Suspension na hold on rough character
My biggest motivation na those men wey elbow me lost eh
I say my biggest motivation na those wey say hustle nor go pay oh
Omo biggest motivation na those wey
Dey hate
2 seconds dem dey motivate us

See i dey lagos dem wan turn the boy to house boy
But oluwa no gree he too love the boy
No joy my guy, my guy no dey the street
If trust dey then water for nor fit dey cook fish
Idle mind dey opposite devil workshop
I no fit be apprentice i get work to chop
I no dey proud about am but wetin man go do?

Pikin dey one side abi e nor go chop go school?
If mouth wan tear my brother make e tear finish
The worst thing to happen to man na see finish
When i die, write say "i try for my grave"
Life na market and everybody here come trade
Omo the rubish when e be say my eyes don see,
Even this water wey i cry e nor fit commot am
I nor fit complain e join wetin give me voltage
Tomorrow get belle witch nor fit abort am (lai, lai)

Pikin wey dey find party rice no suppose to fear dance eh
And as i come with my red eye, red eye make them give me chance eh
You wey nor know the way song take start dey hurry to dance eh
How e do u now as u dance galala inside azonto?
My biggest motivation na those men elbow me lost eh
I say my biggest motivation na those wey say hustle nor go pay oh
Omo my biggest motivation na those wey dey hate
2 seconds dem dey motivate us
Omo na dey street be this o
Where landlord dey turn to tenant (2 seconds)
Form big boy very soon u go dey chop remnant
When dem say life na general market dem go dey give some people
Suspension
Suspension na okere prison 4 years u dey wait like pension 2 seconds
Motivate yourself mehn everybody with their motivation abeg
Still on collection confirmation na must abeg

cool Nice effort from Victor AD. Wetin we gain Also good. Maybe Victor AD manage to dwarf the rest on this list. Though he is always singing about making it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Brunicekid(m): 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
adioolayi:
How come you know them if not popular Them be your blood relation? OP sef grin grin grin

All those musicians are actually popular... He could have said musicians that are "not that popular".
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by EmeraldKing7(m): 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
Zoro

Johnny drille

Nonso Amadi

Lady donli.........Inclusive
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Asadujames202(m): 3:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
iLegendd:

Timaya grew his career by complaining + storytelling + controversy.

Victor AD is the same, except no controversy. If you want to blow properly, be involved in at least 2 controversial issues. So, don't say he killed his career by complaining.

Complaining is one of the ways to blow, but you must fuel it with a controversy that involves the police and watch hungry bloggers, TV stations, radio stations, haters, etc. handle the rest. Two weeks later, everyone will want to interview you.

As a smart fellow, this is the time to drop a hit song featuring one of the most popular artistes. Omah Lay's arrest in Uganda helped him. Burna, 2face, Davido, Wizkid, Flavor, Naira Marley, etc. have theirs.

The fastest way to blow is not by being cool and smart, but cool, smart, and controversial.

I wrote a post about how to blow fast, but I guess those musicians don't see it.

Bla bla bla
Shut up

Always sounding incoherent

Lazy soul
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Brunicekid(m): 3:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
olaolaking:
They are not popular because they don't belong.
If they go meet the babas like others, even when they sing scrap, everyone will loose sense and be dancing
Which babas they go meet? Stop saying what you ain't sure of
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Liposure: 3:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
EzeNri:
Remove Erigga from that list.

King Paper is the best rapper in Nigeria and our next Grammy winner.
black bones says he's the best
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by neyohh: 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
The same way black Americans don't do much but rapping and singing.

Still useless and only useful for more negative stereotyping like the only thing blacks create is jungle music grin

Where are our tech guy's .. we should focus on tech and dominate that space
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by ddeola: 3:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
Cabal dey everywhere, God have mercy. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Liposure: 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2021
DSC7:

most wizzy songs sounds trashy and noisy in my ears....
Wizkid is overrated. If not for past glory, his music is nothing to write home about

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Vinnie2000(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
Josywhyte:

Na d last person song I fit download or listen to be that. His songs are meant for Yahoo boys and drug addicts. I listen to reggae,blues,RnB and other good music,not this trash from the likes of erriga,lil kesh and shmurda

My Guy, It's ur music preference tho..

But Erigga does not sing for Yahoo Boys!! He is a Free-Spirit, Hardcore but Social conscious Rapper!!

Talks about Pussy, Weed, Booze sumtyms but Gives you Motivational words@other tyms..

Even G.O.A.T. of Nigeria music, Fela Anikulapo Kuti also talked abt doz things in some of his Songs..

Dats who he is and dats his identity..He is Similar to American legends, Tupac n 50-centz in their Heydays..Just doing dier thing, not necessarily to prove any point to Fans n critics..

But agreed, Erigga Issa Bad Guy!!

His Childhood n upbringing in doz Ghetto Areas influences his songs alot, same as it did to 2pac..

But He has Great songs with some good messages..

Headpan
Jollof Rice ft Duncan Mighty
Victims
Street Motivation ft M.I Abaga
Area to the world ft Victor AD.

Go Download, ok??
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by wasi9ice: 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
I remember one of my friends back in Abuja
SLIM C ,, that guy was just good ,, he just looks sou j like that guy in the first picture Erigga
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Ambber(f): 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
I think Chike is quite popular and is album is doing well
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Liposure: 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Brymo.
son of a carpenter. He was popular back in the days with choc city. Releasing songs such as ara, good morning as well as working with labelmates mi and ice prince on mi2 and oleku respectivelly. A very wonderful singer. Wondered what happened to him
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Liposure: 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
o2naira:
I think eriga's management needs to do more on the marketing aspect most especially target lagos market,nobody go reason olamide wack songs,eriga na African 2pac.
olamide is a lyrical inventor
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by EMMY76: 4:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
Chike is something else the first day I listened to his song I was blown away I never knew we still have such kind of talent here in nigeria.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Liposure: 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
Stevyne:
Tbh, he no get lyrics, so he's trash.
Talk another Artiste
like his boss wizkid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony / Collection Of 2face's Music ( Both Old And New ) / Princess Vitarah: "Masturbate" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.