Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment (40245 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians That Money Couldn't Blow / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by KiNg0G: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
I'm not here to criticize anyone, but as a music lover and a pro analyst, we all know opportunities come in different forms.

Here is my top 5 countdown to musicians who couldn't seize that moment when it was needed the most!!

5) Ice Prince Zamani

It's okay to say you don't want to rap any more. It's okay to tell a girl you like her waste in particular, but what happens from there? We all thought this is it, zamani is back when he did that song with nasty c, jidenna and co, but dude just couldn't seize that moment and revive his career. Instead, he went down the more.

4) PSQUARE

The duo broke up due to a family dispute and later reunited to make a comeback in the Nigerian entertainment industry. We all thought they were coming back, harder due to the hype of their shows and reunion fans were happy waiting for their next banger. But like I said, 2021 on a topic that made fp that it was too late for them which I got criticized by so many people calling me names I'm not Gos but it turns out I was right. Psquare couldn't seize the moment of their reunion to make a huge comeback and now we can hardly hear of them.

3) Victor Ad

If you nor get money wetin you gain o! The Wetin you gain crooner who came out with that single few years ago was an inspiration to the youth especially yahoo boys who wants to drive benz and live lavida loca lifestyle. The song blew all over Africa that he was featured by obo davido the next week. Victor ad really didn't take his chances as much as I thought he would. I mean, come on take a look at Asake, he came with just a song and started bombarding the entertainment industry with several new songs topping chart's here and there and now he has made an imprint and wont be easily forgotten.

2) Duncan mighty

The port Harcourt first son did messed up his chances of reviving his career when he featured wizkid on fake love. That was a huge opportunity to make it back to the entertainment industry. Everyone was happy he was back.. weneee mighty don show hoping to hear more vibes with his melodious voice and, matured tunes, but he disappointed so many fans.

1) Black face

If I was black face all this years of convincing people that my friend stole my song and made it his. I would have written another song and make a huge comeback. Black face was one musician that had Nigerian sympathy for what 2face did to him till today, all he needed was just ONE GOOD SONG to make it to the mainstream and he's back on track grabbing awards and accolades.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by KiNg0G: 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
This is about musicians that couldn't seized their comeback moments When it matters the most.

Thank you!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
PSQUARE should not be on that list.

There are over a dozen of other musicians
(listed below) that are supposed to be here,
Definitely not Peter and Paul.

Below are the names of some musicians that should have replaced the ejima in that list

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Passionate888: 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
angry
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Franzinni: 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
Nothing destroys an artist more than to unblow, to reach Men-O- Pause in the limelight becasue people will always delight in ridiculing you. You become a has been, and you will have no choice than to come down to earth and move among mortals once again but this time you will be recognized anywhere you go as a topic in hair salons and bars.

Op you didn't add
Eva alordia
Solid star
Cynthia morgan (pure talent)

At least they had SUBSTANCEial progress

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
Below is our own Top 12 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment

Korede Bello.
Chidinma..
Timi Dakolo.
Jesse Jagz.
Solid star.
Darey.
Lil' Kesh.
Eva Alordiah.
Sean Tizzle.
Sauce Kid.
Waje
Cynthia Morgan....

We hope they bounce back one of these day though,
Every dog has its day.

We Rise.

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by sirjoggy(m): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
cool
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by HORLADY(m): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
They will seize the clock next time

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by LaSenior: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
Psquare how

49 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by 007kjb: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
The put psquare arguably the most successful musicians in this country and what is Duncan mighty doing in the list

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Roboto11: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
Why dem thief him song?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by PrinceJoeWan(m): 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
To me, what happened to all of them is all normal, a time to shine and a time to be dull!
They had their moments and now it's time to reflect on those good memories they left.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by FlawlessKarl: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
shocked

To make a come back in this idîotic Buhari and daft Tinubu Regimes? Shey you de whine me ni?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Hillarie(m): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
OP, take Psquare out of the list. In my opinion, those guys have conquered African music industry in their own time. Ice Prince and Duncan Mighty sef don try.
Only Victor Ad and Black Face are relevant to this topic.

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Roboto11: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
007kjb:
The put psquare arguably the most successful musicians in this country and what is Duncan mighty doing in the list

Argu wetin?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by tuzle(m): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
Psquare how? How many artist except the very popular ones have the same fame psquare had during their prime. People forget psquare are the likes of dbanj, tuface and the likes set. How many if those artist are still performing so well today. During psquare stardom they were one of the best in Nigeria and nobody can deny that

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Father4all: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
Destiny are different

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Neduzze5(m): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
The most annoying is Victor AD. A very unserious somebody.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Iyenogie30: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
How is PSQUARE even on that list

Even if Psquare decides not to sing anymore , with what they have done in the industry they still have a solid place at the highest echelon in the nigeria music

They basically dominated the whole of Africa music industry for two solid decades

It is disrespectful putting them on the same list with those artists

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Amuluonyenaego: 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
Why psquare

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by emmabest2000(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
OP is a bitter person

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
Why Psquare dey that your list? You dey crase?

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Menclothing: 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
You can’t be famous for life
When you around invest

Most Nigerian artist doing drugs body go tell you after 5 years

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Allisgud: 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
Passionate888:
angry
remove psquare from that list,those guys are shotting down stadium abroad

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Denique(f): 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please take out:
PSquare: They are still very much relevant and that is not handed to anyone in the music industry. You have to earn it! They are still shutting down shows across Africa. They may not be making headlines like the others. Let's not forget, these guys came in to limelight pre social media. Until their first feud, they never saw YouTube as an essential tool. If you must mention them, then you have to include Tuface. In fact, what about D'banj?

Duncan: Limelight isn't permanent. He has had his audience and may yet bounce back.

Ice Prince: He held down the music scene for a while. Not an easy feat. Would you say Fireboy and JoeBoy are no longer relevant because they are not having massive airplays as before?

These guys shouldn't be on the same list as Blackface. Blackface doesn't even merit the list. He has not had a solo hit. He shone under the group and that was it.

Peace!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Bfly: 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
Remove duncan mighty, psquare and ice prince from that list. They set the pace. They had their time in the industry. Even when it was tough. We have many of them like that.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Skillsnigeria: 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Ballotti: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
See wetin drugs don do Duncan Mighty?
See teeth? OMG!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by Isobug: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
Did he said Psquare?
Apart from Victor AD, your list is crap. Those Artists you mentioned rain in their time and made good names. They should not be there forever

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by spy24(m): 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
I won't put psquare on that list, cause the hype that comes with music decreases with age... Music career has a very short life span. It is tied with age..

People like tuface, timaya, psquare should even be applauded for still remaining relevant for over many years now.

If you think say e easy, ask olamide, phyno, falz, runtown, ricardo banks, Lol kesh, dbanj, Cynthia Morgan,

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment by anyination: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
post=125807575:
PSQUARE should not be on that list.

There are over a dozen of other musicians that are supposed to be here,
Definitely not Peter and Paul.
Tell them

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Marley X Zlatan - Am I A Yahoo Boy (official Video) / Naija Songs That Rocked 2008 / The Headies 2015 Nominees List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.