Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular (64839 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians Who Couldn't Seized The Moment / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Liposure: 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2021
NarnieAceTech:
Seyi Shay- love her voice, and she's a good singer but I don't know why many people don't appreciate her music. Songs like Bia, Irawo, Baby (ft Iyanya)

AyoJay- The 'Your number' crooner has outstanding vocals and sings good music, but I guess since he doesn't fall into the 'pangolo music', then he isn't regarded. Listen to songs like 'Your number', "Let him go", "The vibe". The boy is too good, and arguably better than wizkid.
seyi Shay is popular already. Ayojay's own is that he's not based here
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by cho25bc(f): 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
Tjan and nonso amadi should be on that list. Dudes are got talent and vocals but unpopular.
Even rick hazani deserves more than what he is getting in terms of fame
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Ladycewhy(f): 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
Liposure:
son of a carpenter. He was popular back in the days with choc city. Releasing songs such as ara, good morning as well as working with labelmates mi and ice prince on mi2 and oleku respectivelly. A very wonderful singer. Wondered what happened to him
He deserves more than the recognition he is getting. That's for sure.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by iLegendd(m): 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
Asadujames202:

Bla bla bla
Shut up

Always sounding incoherent

Lazy soul

I sincerely apologize for always ignoring you. It makes you feel snubbed and rejected. This is a case of likeness turned hatred and stalking.

I just replied to get you excited and spit more venom. I'll ignore you this time around.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by olaolaking: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
Brunicekid:
Which babas they go meet? Stop saying what you ain't sure of
How do you know that I am not sure? Only few of them are free. I am sure of what am saying and not insinuation
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Artisticity1: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2021
nauto:
Knegro
After building a solid reputation for his Production prowess Knegro takes center stage this time with the release of his self produced single. “How Market?” is a hybrid of different sounds, with elements that music lovers of all genres will connect to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPErXUPXKs

knegro produced my first song for me at HEADLINE STUDIOS ENUGU
I heard he is currently in Lagos
he is a very talented producer and that song he produced for me have been my best since... check it out!

https://audiomack.com/song/joseph-jewel/dont-go
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Usihyelda(m): 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
Corizo is way better than aforementioned

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Cryto(m): 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
Wizkid and burna boy, and Dododoo
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by petitejolie(f): 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
Burnaboy use to b in this category before but look at him now
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by DSC7: 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
Johnson225:
grin grin. Benin
Benin guys dey represent wella sha.....

Which artiste dey top chat dat side?.....
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Karac: 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
All these people you mentioned are well known names jor. Mention people like Psycho YP, Crayon, WANI, Minz, King Perryy, Amaarae, Straffitti, Sir Dauda, Goodgirl LA, Bella Alubo, Jinmi Abduls, etc
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Olatara(f): 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2021
brownskilo:
Remove Victor ad from the list and add
Ajebo Hustlers
Cavemen
Wurld
Ajebutter
Tclassic and
Zoro
Blackmagic (good voice like stormzy).

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by BBBells: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2021
Maleekberry, wandecoal, mr may d,

runtown
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by BBBells: 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
Maleekberry, wandecoal, mr may d,

runtown
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Richthekid: 6:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
No nigerian musicians are talented
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2021
You ve got to promote your work, don't know these peeps, look like weed keepers.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by GraphicDesigner(f): 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
Na because una never hear supaslim.... Check him out, supaslim bobo too good abeg.... Underground but guy has fire lyrics
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by kechywillz(m): 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Chike,victor ad n erriga ain't supposed to be there
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by JikanBaura(m): 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
Johnayoola:
Who tell you say Erigga no popular??Even aboki know who Erigga be cool cool

I'm Aboki and like everyone i knew knows Erigga paper boy. Found it a little bit provoking to say he's not popular. OP should just have say Erigga is not very rich but man he's quite popular.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by 2DADDEY: 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
I just love Dotman!! No homo
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Josywhyte: 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2021
Vinnie2000:

My Guy, It's ur music preference tho..

But Erigga does not sing for Yahoo Boys!! He is a Free-Spirit, Hardcore but Social conscious Rapper!!

Talks about Pussy, Weed, Booze sumtyms but Gives you Motivational words@other tyms..

Even G.O.A.T. of Nigeria music, Fela Anikulapo Kuti also talked abt doz things in some of his Songs..

Dats who he is and dats his identity..He is Similar to American legends, Tupac n 50-centz in their Heydays..Just doing dier thing, not necessarily to prove any point to Fans n critics..

But agreed, Erigga Issa Bad Guy!!

His Childhood n upbringing in doz Ghetto Areas influences his songs alot, same as it did to 2pac..

But He has Great songs with some good messages..

Headpan
Jollof Rice ft Duncan Mighty
Victims
Street Motivation ft M.I Abaga
Area to the world ft Victor AD.

Go Download, ok??

Well...I will download his flows with MI and listen to the lyrics. Myself,I listen more to lyrics than beats or sounds...thanks anyway for the update
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by kinkybabie11(f): 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
MrTAnonymous:
If anything can be agreed on, it' s the fact that Nigeria is blessed with an overflowing amount of talented musical artists. However, despite their gift, not many were able to make it to the top and a few who did were unable to stay consistent.

Due to the overwhelming number of artists, the competition became too high and some were unable to go further. These musicians still make entertaining music which their loyal fans love, but in the mainstream music industry, they' re still not as popular as they are supposed to be.

Erigga

Erigga is an amazing rapper from Delta state, he has been in the music industry for over a decade and has produced several hits along the way. He' s not as famous as some of the heavyweights in the music industry but Erigga is one of the best rappers from the South.

CKay

CKay is a natural vocalist, he has several hit songs but somehow he' s not as popular as he' s supposed to be. CKay made his way into the music industry back in 2019, his songs include; Love Nwantiti and Felony.

Chike

Chike is a wonderful singer, he hails from the South East and his instrument are his vocals. His songs are heartwarming and his 2020 album ' Boo of the Booless' was simply astonishing. He has received praise several times but still, he' s not as popular compared to other prominent artist because he' s relatively new.

Ladipoe

Ladipoe is an eccentric rapper, his rap game is on point. He' s signed under Mavin records, his 2020 song with Simi titled ' Know You' was a smash hit. After his big break with the aforementioned song, not much has been heard from Ladipoe.

Victor AD

Victor AD is a special singer, his songs are very insightful and sends a strong message to his listeners, one which anybody can relate to. His big break was with a song with Erigga titled ' Motivation' in 2018, later that year Victor shocked the nation with his hit single ' Wetin You Gain' , a song which became popular even in Ghana. Since then he has several songs with popular artists like Davido and Patoranking, but currently, he' s still not as famous as he was predicted to be.

Add yours.

You didn’t add WurlD to the list...he’s amazing but sadly,he’s not really recognized

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by donmkd(m): 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
JESUS CHRIST SAVES

1 Like

Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by justicechichex: 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
For someone who dropped a smashing album last year, Chike is popular pls
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by witworth(m): 12:23am On Apr 22, 2021
Na God dey run am, no be famous we wan chop, na to put food on the table make loved ones bellefull
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Kennyfancy(m): 2:02am On Apr 22, 2021
post=100986682:
Erigga

Erigga is an amazing rapper from Delta state, he has been in the music industry for over a decade and has produced several hits along the way.
He' s not as famous as some of the heavyweights in the music industry but Erigga is one of the best rappers from the South Nigeria.

Victor Ad.

Kabex.

Dandizzy.

Kudos Alujonu.

Enjoy the loud Collaboration from Erigga and Victor AD.

It's Victor AD na na
King Paper
Pikin wey dey find party rice no
Suppose to fear dance eh (fear dance eh)
And as I come with my red eye, red eye, make dem give me chance eh
You wey nor know the way song take start dey hurry to dance eh
How e do you now as you dance galala inside azonto?

My biggest motivation na those men wey elbow me lost eh
But my biggest motivation na those days i no see food chop eh
I say my biggest motivation na those wey say hustle no go pay oh
Omo my biggest motivation na those wey dey hate
2 seconds them dey motivate us
See if you won burst na 2 seconds 3 too tey
Day break everywhere burst my woman pay
This year we go give wahala problem
Where the girls dey use my benz take go toll them
Incase dem wan dey assume na to spray
The money anyhow like another man perfume
If sars won jump i naked follow them
Wetin dey happen officer me and you get problem?
Old warri me nor bother nobody
So no dey bother me hold this funds take press
Everywhere hard i know e nor easy bros
Even for hell fire now devil sitdown dey press
Respect who get but fear who never collect
The first taking now there area take scatter
Street na general market u fit pick 2
Suspension na hold on rough character
My biggest motivation na those men wey elbow me lost eh
I say my biggest motivation na those wey say hustle nor go pay oh
Omo biggest motivation na those wey
Dey hate
2 seconds dem dey motivate us

See i dey lagos dem wan turn the boy to house boy
But oluwa no gree he too love the boy
No joy my guy, my guy no dey the street
If trust dey then water for nor fit dey cook fish
Idle mind dey opposite devil workshop
I no fit be apprentice i get work to chop
I no dey proud about am but wetin man go do?

Pikin dey one side abi e nor go chop go school?
If mouth wan tear my brother make e tear finish
The worst thing to happen to man na see finish
When i die, write say "i try for my grave"
Life na market and everybody here come trade
Omo the rubish when e be say my eyes don see,
Even this water wey i cry e nor fit commot am
I nor fit complain e join wetin give me voltage
Tomorrow get belle witch nor fit abort am (lai, lai)

Pikin wey dey find party rice no suppose to fear dance eh
And as i come with my red eye, red eye make them give me chance eh
You wey nor know the way song take start dey hurry to dance eh
How e do u now as u dance galala inside azonto?
My biggest motivation na those men elbow me lost eh
I say my biggest motivation na those wey say hustle nor go pay oh
Omo my biggest motivation na those wey dey hate
2 seconds dem dey motivate us
Omo na dey street be this o
Where landlord dey turn to tenant (2 seconds)
Form big boy very soon u go dey chop remnant
When dem say life na general market dem go dey give some people
Suspension
Suspension na okere prison 4 years u dey wait like pension 2 seconds
Motivate yourself mehn everybody with their motivation abeg
Still on collection confirmation na must abeg

. I know you are from the Southern part of Nigeria and I know you base in Benin but chi, you are covered even though you lack wisdom with your post
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Brunicekid(m): 12:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
olaolaking:
How do you know that I am not sure? Only few of them are free. I am sure of what am saying and not insinuation
Then, prove it... That's how I, or anyone can believe you on this platform.

So, if me as an upcoming artist makes it, that's what you will say too!
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by olaolaking: 3:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
Brunicekid:
Then, prove it... That's how I, or anyone can believe you on this platform.

So, if me as an upcoming artist makes it, that's what you will say too!
If you make it as an upcoming artist, then you are are just one of the few.

I am not just saying what I think, I am saying what I witnessed and I can't be mentioning names for you
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by o2naira(m): 2:37am On Apr 24, 2021
Liposure:
olamide is a lyrical inventor
if u listen to Erica sweet rhymes olamide songs go like igala native songs for ur hear.
Re: Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular by Adenikelizabeth: 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hmmmm, nawa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burna Boy Performs At The Grammys Reception Ahead Of The Ceremony / Collection Of 2face's Music ( Both Old And New ) / Princess Vitarah: "Masturbate" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.