Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) (6531 Views)

Enquiries About Ikedc Crazy Bill. / How Can I Apply For A New IKEDC Prepaid Meter / My Ordeal With Ikeja Electric (IKEDC) And Its Metering Agents(mojec Int. Ltd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 9:24am On May 19, 2021
3ncrypted:
You have to get this thing sorted out. If you go to their customer care to just complain alone, they will tell you that there is nothing they can do.

Get a lawyer, show him all the proofs, go to their office near you and sue them. You will get the attention of their boss.

Your next bill may even be higher than 75k and believe me, if you are given a prepaid meter, you will still pay off the debts.

Don’t let them scam you in the name of estimated bill.

Thanks for the advise, I will work on it.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 3:24pm On May 20, 2021
IKEDC are really taking advantage of people, I was at the shomolu office yesterday around 10 a.m and see number of people that came to report different cases most of them are on high tariff.
I wasn't allowed in as they said they only attend to 100 people a day and that they had already issued the ticker for that day.
can you imagine the no of productive hours that are been wasted at that office, I will have to plan it as a whole day job.
I heard someone complaining that he has a land he is trying to build a poultry and due to the stress and duration of getting prepaid meter, he asked them to help with a prepaid meter by opening an account for the farm while he is still constructing. He only installed an electric pole on the site and no cable on it.
Did you know immediately IKEDC opened an account for him and brought prepaid within than 2 months they brought bill.
A place that doesn't have wire connected to it.
we are on a long thing in this country.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 10:52am On May 21, 2021
Another mail from IKEDC, wanting to charge me another money for MAY 2021 after disconnecting my electricity since APRIL 2021.
are we not on a cruise in this country.
The MOD can help to push forward so that my voice can be heard.

Dear ,

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

Please be informed that your billing complaint has been forwarded for urgent attention. We assure you that it will be treated and based on the investigation outcome, further actions will be taken to reconcile your account.

The setup for your meter has been completed. You may proceed to recharge your meter from any payment vendor as the activation token would be automatically generated on your first recharge as we can confirm no recharge has been done yet.

Furthermore, kindly note that on your first recharge you will be required to vend above N40,008.46 (N24,316.46 as the current charge for the month of May before meter was installed +N 15,692.00 as the cost for the preset unit that accompanied the meter).
Thank you for contacting Ikeja Electric.
Find below your query ticket number for future reference

SR: 2414006

CC:
Lalasticlala Freiburger r231
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:09am On May 22, 2021
So no head way with this case yet?, I surely want to see the last of it
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
So no head way with this case yet?, I surely want to see the last of it

not yet.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by benjanjo1: 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2021
Hi,

I just stumbled on this thread. A new prepaid meter was installed at my apartment (without my consent) by my landlord. The initial 200 units has been exhausted and I just got to know that I will be needing an activation token to recharge my meter. All efforts to get my activation token from Ikeja electric has proved abortive. They are not even answering me again. I called their customer service 3 times and went to their Somolu business office twice. Yet no activation token. I don't have light even when I have money to recharge. Can anyone here help out?

2 Likes

Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2021
benjanjo1:
Hi,

I just stumbled on this thread. A new prepaid meter was installed at my apartment (without my consent) by my landlord. The initial 200 units has been exhausted and I just got to know that I will be needing an activation token to recharge my meter. All efforts to get my activation token from Ikeja electric has proved abortive. They are not even answering me again. I called their customer service 3 times and went to their Somolu business office twice. Yet no activation token. I don't have light even when I have money to recharge. Can anyone here help out?

sir,
whao that is the irony of it, for the first recharge it's always advisable to recharge before you exhaust the 200 units.
A lot of people also have this issue, what is their response when you send an email.
well I know there is this FCCPC electricity consumer complaint resolution platform starting today 7th June till 11th June 2021 at ikeja.
if your case is not resolved before Wednesday you can go there to make complain if it can be solve for you.

Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by benjanjo1: 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2021
edimalo:

sir,
whao that is the irony of it, for the first recharge it's always advisable to recharge before you exhaust the 200 units.
A lot of people also have this issue, what is their response when you send an email.
well I know there is this FCCPC electricity consumer complaint resolution platform starting today 7th June till 11th June 2021 at ikeja.
if your case is not resolved before Wednesday you can go there to make complain if it can be solve for you.

The response I get is that the issue will be escalated to the unit in charge of meter activation. I have gotten this same response 3 times yet no feedback from them. I have also gone as far as copying NERC in one of my emails and till date, no resolution. I don tire
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 8:32am On Jun 08, 2021
benjanjo1:

The response I get is that the issue will be escalated to the unit in charge of meter activation. I have gotten this same response 3 times yet no feedback from them. I have also gone as far as copying NERC in one of my emails and till date, no resolution. I don tire

kindly find time to attend the resolution platform by FCCPC within Wednesday and Friday to see if they can help to resolve.
By NERC do you mean Ikeja forum of NERC. I think it is even better to visit their office to submit your complain letter as they hardly respond to email.
when I asked about why they don't respond to email early they said the volume of email that comes in daily is much, that is Nigeria factor for you.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by benjanjo1: 9:24am On Jun 08, 2021
edimalo:

kindly find time to attend the resolution platform by FCCPC within Wednesday and Friday to see if they can help to resolve.
By NERC do you mean Ikeja forum of NERC. I think it is even better to visit their office to submit your complain letter as they hardly respond to email.
when I asked about why they don't respond to email early they said the volume of email that comes in daily is much, that is Nigeria factor for you.

I will try. I have a tight schedule too
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
edimalo:

What progress have you made bro?
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

What progress have you made bro?

Thanks for keep up sir,
Not much progress but am still on it, After reporting to Ikeja forum of NERC I was sent an email that came from IKEDC stating they want to reduce the bill from NGN 151,353.19 to NGN 110,142.15 for the month of March and April.
I wrote back it is not acceptable and that I was given even disconnected between 19th April till 11th May 2021 when I got prepaid installed.
I am also reporting to another agency as NERC is not walking their talk.

The letter with Ref IFO/6328/2021 on the above subject refers

'The customer wrote to complain of high bills, request for prepaid meter and request for disconnection pending the installation of meter.
We write to inform you the account quoted(0101650571) by the customer is unmetered, as such, it is billed based on supply availability, which ensures that all accounts on the same tariff and distribution transformer, metered and unmetered are billed as closely as possible to ensure fairness and as much as possible eliminate outrageous billing. However, investigation reveals the customer is now metered with a prepaid meter.
Speaking to the customer's complaint on high bills, please be informed that his March and April 2021 bills were reconciled using feeder cap and credit adjustment worth N110,142.15 has been approved, which will reflect on customer's prepaid meter account.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused the customer.
IE, commitment to quality service. Yours faithfully,

Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2021
benjanjo1:

I will try. I have a tight schedule too
sir,
where you there today if not try to be there. I believe hey will command them to resolve it within 24 hours
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2021
edimalo:

Thanks for keep up sir,
Not much progress but am still on it, After reporting to Ikeja forum of NERC I was sent an email that came from IKEDC stating they want to reduce the bill from NGN 151,353.19 to NGN 110,142.15 for the month of March and April.
I wrote back it is not acceptable and that I was given even disconnected between 19th April till 11th May 2021 when I got prepaid installed.
I am also reporting to another agency as NERC is not walking their talk.

Quite shameful. Very hard place to survive in Naija is
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by benjanjo1: 7:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
edimalo:

sir,
where you there today if not try to be there. I believe hey will command them to resolve it within 24 hours

No. I couldn't make it. I am looking at Friday by Gods Grace
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by omeiza49ja: 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2021
Please oh how did you resolve yours? Ikedc want to kill my place of work with crazy bill
January around 80k, February 195k, March over 300k same with April. May bill that was just released, 657,618k. I called their customer care line nothing. Sent a mail to Nerc but no reply from them yet.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:42am On Jun 15, 2021
omeiza49ja:
Please oh how did you resolve yours? Ikedc want to kill my place of work with crazy bill
January around 80k, February 195k, March over 300k same with April. May bill that was just released, 657,618k. I called their customer care line nothing. Sent a mail to Nerc but no reply from them yet.

This is madness. Nothing else best describes this
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 10:57am On Jun 15, 2021
omeiza49ja:

This is the corruption and madness we have to deal in this present dispensation, everybody just want to milk you dry.
If they notice you pay the first bill fully or partial without complain they will keep increasing it.
How I wished you were able to attend the event of last week but is not to late, sending NERC a mail is a waste of time they will not acknowledge or respond back.
write them a letter (3 copies) let them receive it in their office and stamp it, also they require you have evidence you sent a mail to IKEDC and after 15 working days there is no response or it wasn't resolved.
Attached is the format to address your letter to ikeja forum of NERC.
while you are doing this send a mail or go to the office of FCCPC, they have a wonderful team.
I was first dissatisfied with them when I put my case on their website without no response from them but when I got to the resolution platform organized last week by them and sponsored by Mac Arthur foundation, I was impressed by their conduct and the way they follow up even though my issue has not been completely resolved.
The team after the resolution asked if I was satisfied with the decision and if not am free to express my self even after they called me to know if IKEDC has started fulfilling the part of the bargain which I told them not yet.
I hope you have all details of correspondence with IKEDC as this will help go a long way in decision.
FCCPC Lagos email is lagos@fccpc.gov.ng you can download their app on google play store and also reach them on other social media platform.

1 Like

Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2021
Is been a while I gave an update on the below.
I attended the FCCPC resolution platform on electricity consumers which I tendered my case with them and they were very helpful and gave a listen ear.
Most of the issue were resolved, the only one pending now is the May 2021 bill of N24,316.46 which I told them I wasn't connected but since we left the resolution platform IKEDC hasn't removed the MAY bill, they were asking for disconnection notice with all the evidence provided to them.
My March and April bill was reduce from N151,353.19 to N 38,873.83 and the 200 units that was previously charged at N 15,692.00 was reduced to N 8,273.00. Did I hear you say no be juju be that, wahala for who no sabi right for Nigeria.
I would have just been shortchanged of N119,898.36 in this hard economy

I am expecting the MAY 2021 bill to be removed that is what am trying to fight for now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2021
benjanjo1:

No. I couldn't make it. I am looking at Friday by Gods Grace

Morning Oga,
have you been able to recharge now.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 11:13am On Jun 28, 2021
omeiza49ja:

Morning sir,
Any positive update on this issue
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by wirinet(m): 11:46am On Jun 28, 2021
omeiza49ja:
January around 80k, February 195k, March over 300k same with April. May bill that was just released, 657,618k. shocked I called their customer care line nothing. Sent a mail to Nerc but no reply from them yet.
You dey smelt steel or aluminium for your office?

Thank God I fought tooth and nail to get prepaid meter for my office 2 years ago. For my office consisting of 3 rooms plus my wife's eatery, I only pay N150,000 20,000 monthly. If not for the prepaid, I would be paying over N100,000 per month on estimated billing.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by benjanjo1: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
edimalo:

Morning Oga,
have you been able to recharge now.

Good morning. Not yet o! I called their customer service and the lady told me that the issue has to do with commissioning of the meter.

According to the lady, MOJEC has to do the commissioning first before they can generate the activation token.

I received a called sometime later from one of them, telling me that they are coming to commission the meter. I waited for them and no one came.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2021
wirinet:

You dey smelt steel or aluminium for your office?

Thank God I fought tooth and nail to get prepaid meter for my office 2 years ago. For my office consisting of 3 rooms plus my wife's eatery, I only pay N150,000 monthly. If not for the prepaid, I would be paying over N100,000 per month on estimated billing.

is better someone try as much as possible to get prepaid meter, IKEDC is ready to milk someone dry.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2021
benjanjo1:

Good morning. Not yet o! I called their customer service and the lady told me that the issue has to do with commissioning of the meter.

According to the lady, MOJEC has to do the commissioning first before they can generate the activation token.

I received a called sometime later from one of them, telling me that they are coming to commission the meter. I waited for them and no one came.

which one is commissioning again, is it not MOJEC team that installed it, don't tell me you are still without electricity?
The main program is not recharging before you exhaust your credit, my automatically generated token when I bought credit.
you need to keep disturbing them with mail or go to FCCPC office to report.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by benjanjo1: 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2021
edimalo:

which one is commissioning again, is it not MOJEC team that installed it, don't tell me you are still without electricity?
The main program is not recharging before you exhaust your credit, my automatically generated token when I bought credit.
you need to keep disturbing them with mail or go to FCCPC office to report.

My brother! The matter tire me. I need to take a day off from work to attend to this. It has lingered for too long
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by NoToPile: 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2021
edimalo:
I attended the FCCPC resolution platform on electricity consumers which I tendered my case with them and they were very helpful and gave a listen ear.
Most of the issue were resolved, the only one pending now is the May 2021 bill of N24,316.46 which I told them I wasn't connected but since we left the resolution platform IKEDC hasn't removed the MAY bill, they were asking for disconnection notice with all the evidence provided to them.
My March and April bill was reduce from N151,353.19 to N 38,873.83 and the 200 units that was previously charged at N 15,692.00 was reduced to N 8,273.00. Did I hear you say no be juju be that, wahala for who no sabi right for Nigeria.

I am expecting the MAY 2021 bill to be removed that is what am trying to fight for now.

Nice one bros , happy for the update.

Drag it to the last with them too

Yeye pipo
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2021
edimalo:

Proud of you. Congrats on the success so far
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 8:32am On Jun 29, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Proud of you. Congrats on the success so far
Yes oooh, the thing I noticed is that they know people don't talk and there is much stress in Lagos so they are always like don't mind them, they will pay , they don't have time and energy for the stress.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 8:34am On Jun 29, 2021
NoToPile:

Nice one bros , happy for the update.

Drag it to the last with them too

Yeye pipo

Yes Baba, I will try my best.
if 70% of us with issues like this create time and fight for our right most of this corruption will reduce.
we are always like I am busy and won't be chanced for their wahala.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by edimalo(m): 8:39am On Jun 29, 2021
maybe Lalasticlala, seun , Freiburger r231 can now push this to the front page atleast if not for anything to encourage other people to fight for their right.
and that if we have a solid case FCCPC is right at our back and they would protect the interest of the party that is right.
Re: IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) by wirinet(m): 3:54am On Jun 30, 2021
edimalo:

is better someone try as much as possible to get prepaid meter, IKEDC is ready to milk someone dry.

Error corrected. I pay N20,000 monthly and not N150,000

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Bedroom, 4.5 Baths Construction With Cost Breakdown / 8 Ways To Reduce Painting Cost In Recession / Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.