Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant (1838 Views)

God's Answer For Spiritual Warfare - Joseph Prince / Extreme Wife's Submission To Her Husband According To The New Covenant. / Bishop Oyedepo- "We Have Never Made Profit From Covenant University" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Dtruthspeaker: 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
Thattallgirl:
Lol but where does the 98% come in, in the scripture...that's what I don't understand

When you were born by your True parents, by how much percentage are you there daughter, blood group, DNA and all?

Those who study these things say about 99.9% you "resemble" Your True Parents, flesh bones, blood and all.

So if I resemble my fleshly parents by 99.9%, I must resemble my True Parent by at least 99.9%.

And since my True Father always says "spirit" "spirit", "I have no business with the flesh" I must be spirit for Him to be my True Father.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

When you were born by your True parents, by how much percentage are you there daughter, blood group, DNA and all?

Those who study these things say about 99.9% you "resemble" Your True Parents, flesh bones, blood and all.

So if I resemble my fleshly parents by 99.9%, I must resemble my True Parent by at least 99.9%.

And since my True Father always says "spirit" "spirit", "I have no business with the flesh" I must be spirit for Him to be my True Father.
Based on what you quoted in John...is there where the scripture says "98%"? You know it's wrong to add or remove from the scriptures
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Dtruthspeaker: 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
Thattallgirl:
Based on what you quoted in John...is there where the scripture says "98%"? You know it's wrong to add or remove from the scriptures

If my Father is Spirit how then shall I not be spirit, if I am Truly His child?

Shall a goat birth wood or a woman, a ghost?

John was Stated The Law, Spirit births spirit, flesh births flesh!
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

If my Father is Spirit how then shall I not be spirit, if I am Truly His child?

Shall a goat birth wood or a woman, a ghost?

John was Stated The Law, Spirit births spirit, flesh births flesh!
I know that...I'm saying which one is 98% that you put there?
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2021
God gave Adam and Eve everything in the Garden of Eden. Yet, the devil pointed them to one single tree which God had told them not to eat from. He made them feel like they were missing out on something.

Men, you can be married to one of the best women in town, yet the devil can make you think that you don’t have all that you really need. You might be living in a beautiful home, yet the devil can trick you into thinking that you need a better home. He always causes you to think that you don’t have enough or that you don’t have what God has already given you. That is why he is the father of lies.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:38pm On Apr 23, 2021
My friend, there is a hierarchy in the powers of darkness. There are levels of power in the spiritual realm. There is a chief demon and there are his underlings. There is a “gangster-boss” devil and there are “gangster” devils. That is how it is in the kingdom of darkness. If you are starting to feel a little fearful right now, don’t! We don’t need to worry about these dark powers because God has given us His armour to protect ourselves from their wiles and attacks. Notice that the first phrase in verse 12 says that “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood”, but against powers of darkness.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
If you are a believer, you need to wake up and realise this. Your battle is not against your boss at work. You may say,
Pastor Prince, my boss is the problem. For some reason, he picks on me all the time. I do everything right, go the extra mile, work overtime and he still doesn’t like me!” Listen, if that is the case, his dislike for you is probably supernatural. So what do you do? To start with, don’t hate him. Instead, love him and forgive him. If you are going to attack anyone, attack the devil in the name of Jesus. Your battle is not with flesh and blood. It is not with your boss. Your battle is with the powers of darkness behind him.

I have seen couples quarrelling in front of me. Now, you can just look at the situation in the natural and try to find out who is at fault. But this is how I respond: I say, “In the name of Jesus, I bind the spirit that is causing this strife!” I find that after a while, the couple stops quarrelling and they begin to make up. They begin to talk nicely to each other.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2021
Don’t see people as the problem. The problem is not of flesh and blood. In Daniel 10, Daniel had been praying for some time and yet his prayer did not seem to bring results. In fact, the answer to his prayer didn’t come until 21 days after he began praying. In Daniel 10:12–13, we see that an angel appeared and told Daniel:

12…“Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words.
13But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:47pm On Apr 23, 2021
From day one, God had heard Daniel’s prayer and had sent the angel to give Daniel the answer. But the prince of Persia, a power in the air over Persia, stopped the angel from going to Daniel. You know, it was only in the last century that the British began to call Persia, Iran. There is a power above Iran and Iraq because these nations were once known as ancient Babylon.

The problem has not been Saddam Hussein. You can kill Saddam Hussein, but another “Saddam Hussein” will just rise to power because the real power is a demonic force. We must understand that the answer is in prayer. If Christians will bind that power of darkness, it will not be able to operate.

My friend, there is a spiritual war going on and it is not apparent in the physical realm. Our real enemy is not of flesh and blood, and he uses lies as his weapon because Christ has stripped him of his powers. We already stand on victory ground because of Christ’s finished work. And we can remain on this high ground and stand against the wiles of the devil because we have the armour of God!
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2021
The Belt Of Truth

“Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth.”
Ephesians 6:14

Truth is your belt and it is the first piece of the armour mentioned in Ephesians 6 Now, why is your belt important? For a start, your belt holds your sword’s scabbard. It can also hold your small daggers.

There is another very important purpose for the belt — it is very hard to fight if your trousers are loose and falling down around your ankles! It is very hard to fight with one hand holding up your trousers and the other hand holding your sword! The enemy might stop the fight and say, “Hey, are you going to tighten your belt or not? It’s very distracting fighting a man with loose trousers!” So you wear truth as your belt.

If you don’t have much truth in your life, you will not be able to hold the armour of God together. In the same way that your belt holds everything in place, truth will hold the other pieces of the armour together. Without truth, the other pieces of the armour will not be secure.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2021
But why is truth the first piece of the armour mentioned here? Well, when you became a Christian, your life changed. It changed because you received the truth. You were set free because of the truth. Jesus made you free by giving you the truth. He said, “And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32).

If I could take a spiritual X-ray of your head, there may be areas that are bright now because the light of God’s Word has entered those areas. For example, you were once fearful about being condemned in God’s presence, but that fear no longer exists because the truth of God’s grace has entered and scattered that fear.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2021
But there may be other areas that are dark. That may be why you are fearful and full of worries in those areas. Those dark areas have yet to be saturated with God’s truth. All of us still have dark areas in our lives. That is why I pray this almost every day: “Father, unveil to me truths that I need to know so that I will be set free." I pray this prayer because I still have areas of bondage in my life.

But praise God when I look back at my life, there are areas in which I have been set free. In fact, the devil would be silly to attack me in those areas again, since I have already received lots of truth in those areas.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
How do you know if an area of your life is still dark? Well, whenever you have fear or worry in an area, it generally means that the light has not yet entered fully into that area. You need to pray, “God, there is this area in which I am still in the dark. Unveil Your truths to me in this area. Show me the truths I need to know.” My friend, the truth will set you free.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2021
Do you know that in God’s eyes, truth and victory are synonymous? Let me show you evidence from the Bible. Quoting from Isaiah, Matthew says, “A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench, till He sends forth justice to victory. (Matthew 12:20) Notice the last part says “justice to victory”.

The actual quotation in Isaiah 42:3 in the Old Testament says, “A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench; He will bring forth justice for truth.” The original Old Testament quotation says “truth”.

Yet, the New Testament says “victory”. What that tells us is that truth and victory are synonymous. In other words, the more truths you receive, the more victory will manifest in your life.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2021
Once you know the truth, the devil cannot fool you any more. You see, he can only thrive in darkness. As long as you are in the dark or ignorant about something, you will be fearful and you will be vulnerable to the devil’s deceit. Let me give you an illustration.

When you start to feel sick or pain in a certain part of your body, you start to worry about it. You don’t know what is causing the pain and your imagination runs wild. You become fearful and concerned. When you finally go to your doctor, he says to you, “This is very common. I have done some tests and you have absolutely nothing to worry about.” All of a sudden, your fears and worries disappear. How did that happen? The doctor revealed to you the truth that you were not aware of and the truth set you free.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2021
The truth alone does not set you free. It is when you know the truth, that you are set free. Jesus said, “And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2021
The Breastplate Of Righteousness

“Stand therefore… having put on the breastplate of righteousness.”
Ephesians 6:14

The second piece of the armour mentioned in Ephesians 6 is the breastplate of righteousness. What is the breastplate for? It is for protecting your heart. You see, if you receive a cut to the leg or arm, you will survive. But if you get stabbed in the heart, chances are, you will die. Now, when the devil attacks you, he wants to shut down your faith. So what does he do? He goes for your heart, your spiritual heart.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2021
1 John 3:21 says, “Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence towards God.” So the devil attacks your heart with accusations. He will tell you things like, “You call yourself a Christian? You are such a hypocrite. You are such a lousy Christian. You are such a backslidden Christian. You haven’t prayed and fasted long enough. You haven’t read enough chapters of the Bible.” Or he might tell you, “You said the wrong thing yesterday. And last week, you made a bad decision.” With the devil, it is always about something you have done or not done.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
To protect your heart from such accusations, you have to know what the righteousness of God is and is not. It is not based on what you have done right or done wrong. No, being right with God is a gift. In Romans 5:17, Paul tells us that “those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ”.

So righteousness is a gift and it is based on what Christ has done. Moreover, Daniel 9:24 says that Jesus brought in “everlasting righteousness”. That means you cannot lose this righteousness. It is everlasting!
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:24am On Apr 25, 2021
Some Christians still believe that we have got to learn to conduct our affairs in all righteousness. In other words, they say that righteousness is what we do. If you believe that righteousness depends on what you do, then all the devil has to do is point at something you have just done wrong and you will feel condemned. Friend, if righteousness depends on what you do, the devil will get you every time. Even when you have done some things right, he will tell you that it is not good enough, or he will point you to the things you have done wrong. Either way, he gets you because you are depending on your own performance.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 9:32am On Apr 25, 2021
So you must know that righteousness is not based on what you do, but what Christ has done. God gives it to you as a gift because of Jesus and He says to you, “Even when you fail, I still see you righteous.” That is the only kind of righteousness that is going to carry you through.

The more you realise that your righteousness is a gift from God based on the obedience of Christ and not your obedience, the more you can defeat your bad temper, the more you can defeat moodiness and the more you can defeat pride.

Let me ask you: When you know that you have failed and you are still right with God, does it make you want to sin more? No, not at all! In fact, you will love God more! Once you wake up to this fact that you are righteous in spite of your failures, you will not want to sin. Paul told the Corinthians, “Awake to righteousness, and do not sin.” (1 Corinthians 15:34) When you awake to righteousness, when you recognise how righteous you are in Christ, you will not want to sin.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2021
Jesus said of the Holy Spirit in John 16:8, “And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.” What sin is that? It is the sin of unbelief — “of sin, because they do not believe in Me”. (John 16:9)

Once, before you were a Christian, you were convicted of that sin. Then, you repented and believed in Jesus. So the Holy Spirit no longer needs to convict you of this sin. What does He convict you of then? He convicts you the believer of righteousness, not sin!
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 2:19pm On Apr 25, 2021
Let me explain. When Jesus was on the earth, people could see the approval and acceptance in His eyes. Now, let’s say John, the youngest of the 12 disciples, sees a pretty Jewish girl walk by one day and he looks at her longer than he should have. When he realises it, he says, “Oh, my goodness! I shouldn’t have looked at her like that!” He turns back to look at Jesus. Jesus looks directly at him. And John still sees the acceptance in Jesus’ eyes! What has just happened? John has just been convicted of righteousness! He is still accepted by Jesus, who is there with him.

But some time later, Jesus goes back to be with His Father and John sees Him no more. So who will convict John of righteousness now, especially when he fails? The Holy Spirit will. He is on the earth today to convict believers, not of sin, but of righteousness — “of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more”. (John 16:10)
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
Sadly, some Christians still believe that the Holy Spirit is the “convicter” of their sins. They have made Him look like a fault-finder or nagger, and no one wants to live with a nagger!
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hebrews 10:15–17 tells us that the Holy Spirit witnesses to us that God remembers our sins no more. The emphasis here is the forgiveness of sins. We are now settled about that — all our sins are forgiven. So today, we have no business being depressed, sad or oppressed. All our sins are forgiven!

As a believer, you must be settled about your forgiveness and your righteousness in Christ. If you are not settled about these things, you will never know Christ or know God intimately, or know the power of His resurrection.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
Paul said in Philippians 3:9, “… not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection…” If you want to walk in the power of His resurrection, you must be settled in the knowledge that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, and that this righteousness is not based on your performance, but His performance — what Christ has done.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 2:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
Isaiah 54:14 declares, “In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression…” By the way, oppression includes sickness. Acts 10:38 says, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.” Sickness is an oppression. So when Isaiah says, “You shall be far from oppression”, it also means that you shall be far from sickness!

Sometimes, we see symptoms of the curse in our lives. We may face oppression, depression, discouragement, limited resources or even sickness. These are symptoms of the curse, and once you see that, you can immediately have a way out. And the way out is this: Be conscious of your right standing before God. Right there and then, declare, “I am the righteousness of God in Christ!”
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:36am On Apr 26, 2021
Now, in whose righteousness are we to be established? Our righteousness? No! If it was our righteousness, we would be asking questions like, “How long should I pray?” and “How many chapters of the Bible must I read each day?” No, Isaiah 54:17 declares, “… their righteousness is from Me, says the Lord.” And Romans 5:17 reminds us that this righteousness is a gift — “...how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.”
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2021
We are told that when we receive Jesus, we receive the gift of righteousness. The Greek word for “receive”, lambano, implies a continual receiving. Does this mean that we can lose our righteousness? No! But we can lose our consciousness of it. When you fail, it is time to lambano your righteousness. It is the time to say, “I am the righteousness of God in Christ!” The moment you say that, something happens to you. Like a balloon that has been pressed down into the water, you rise quickly to the surface again.

The devil cannot keep you down for long. You rise up again because you awake to your righteousness. It is not something you earn. It is something given to you because you have Jesus.

Some Christians aren’t aware that they have been given the gift of righteousness. It is important to understand that just because you have Jesus, it doesn’t mean that you will walk in the blessings of that righteousness. You can have righteousness, and still be distressed and oppressed because you are not conscious of what you have.
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 11:24am On Apr 27, 2021
Do you know that once you are made righteous, you cannot become unrighteous? It is like a caterpillar that turns into a colourful butterfly. The caterpillar has reached the next stage in its life when it becomes a butterfly. It cannot turn back into a caterpillar. It is a butterfly for the rest of its life!

You were once a caterpillar. In other words, you were once a sinner. One day, you went through a born-again experience. You metamorphosed into a butterfly. In other words, you were born again as a Christian. You are not a caterpillar any more. You are not a sinner any more. So you can’t go around saying, “I’m a sinner saved by grace.” Why? Because you were once a sinner, but no longer! You were once a caterpillar, but no longer!
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 11:26am On Apr 27, 2021
Once in a while, a butterfly may fly onto a rubbish heap, instead of a nice flower in the garden. Is it still a butterfly? Of course! It doesn’t transform back into a caterpillar just because it lands on some rubbish. And it won’t remain on the rubbish heap for long because it won’t like it — it is just not its nature to like rubbish and to hang around flies.

In the same way, a Christian sometimes does sinful things, but that does not make him a sinner again because he has already metamorphosed into a new creation. He is just a Christian who has done sinful things. The opposite is also true: If a sinner does good deeds, it does not make him a Christian
Re: Spiritual Warfare In The New Covenant by Thattallgirl(f): 11:27am On Apr 27, 2021
My friend, when we know that we are righteous, we will reign with Christ. (Romans 5:17) And when we walk in His righteousness, oppression will be far from us. (Isaiah 54:14) Do you want to reign in life? Do you want the devil’s attacks to have no effect on you? Then, get a deeper understanding that you are righteous in Christ. And wear that breastplate of righteousness with confidence!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diffrences Btwn speaking In Tongue, Praying ,And Speaking in other tongues:part1 / Are There Atheist Who Want To Repent And Get Back With Jesus? / Two Popes Kneel Down To Worship Black Jesus In Secret (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.