Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,042 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:12 PM

See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) (56653 Views)

Woman Shows Off 28 Big Snakes, Calls Them Her Best Friends (photos, Video) / Lion Spotted At Timothy Anyiakaudu Egwuh Burial In Anambra State (Photos, Video) / Meet Lagos Monkey That Understands Pidgin English And Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by AerialMapper: 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
This is what happens when you feed a dog amala!
Impressive
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by gimakon2(m): 7:26pm On Apr 21, 2021
Sammy07:

Lol, you still have to make use of the language to complete your sentence and make it more meaningful wink

Be calming down small small. Lubbish human being.
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by ceaser: 7:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
The dog whisperer.
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by kingsleefolli(m): 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
If you are dog instructor you will know what it means to train dog.mostly rottti.they will frustrate you,they like beating.let clap for the guy.no be small things.
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by Lexusgs430: 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
About to train this one Hausa......... grin

Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by Ambber(f): 7:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
Beautiful! Such a delight to watch.
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
Rottweiler Ma dog cool
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by gbishman: 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
If a dog can be trained in English why not anyother language?
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by lastclaire4(f): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
motymop:
I am not suprised.

If you speak yoruba continously to a dog, it will only understand yoruba. dogs that lives in french or spanish speaking countries only understands french or spanish.

Exactly, yoruba is a language just like English. Dogs in the village understand the language. The first time I saw that happen in my village I couldnt hold the laughter.
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by Fmghewzy(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
lonecatt:
Resembles Yoruba dog sha

You dey craze , grin
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by sisisioge: 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2021
Was he smiling at a point there grin grin grin grin grin grin

I love dogs!
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by miniziter(m): 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yodafuno gat me laughing

1 Like

Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
so Yorubas are dogs now ?
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by OlawaleBammie: 8:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
miniziter:
Yodafuno gat me laughing

Lol, that is conc yoruba grin

Oyo dialect i tink, but being regarded as the general.

3 Likes

Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by Babara1994(m): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
Yoodaafun oo grin
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by adeblow(m): 8:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
This one na Sunday Igboho dog oh
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by RPG2020(m): 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
brosom:
aww!!, this is very good, and you've got a talent pal.

We need ur kind to train Nigeria police/army so that they'll behave and act only when necessary

Nigeria police and army get Dog ��
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by BigDawsNet: 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
Shellsploit:
Lalasticlala sef...
E no be like my neighbor dog wey dey wear slippers for head sad

chuawchas are naturally looking funny dog

Very nice to have around just to make you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by Witi(m): 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
emmanuel596:
My dog has gone viral now now...small world

Love you nana
Really
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by Maestro147(m): 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Impressive!

But that was the language (yoruba) the dog was trained with, English was not an inbuilt language for the dog.

Even if he trained the dog with Spanish, Italian, Hausa, Twi or even swahili, it would most definitely understand.

I remember when i was a kid, one of my friend back then was a full Caucasian, not even mixed, and he perfectly understood yoruba, he even speaks it fluently than English, so why was he not able to automatically speak English and not understand yoruba because he was white?

He was brought up in a Yoruba speaking environment and speak more of yoruba, he was not an inbuilt robot, programed with English.
undecided[quote author=lagusboyyy post=100999766]Impressive!

But that was the language (yoruba) the dog was trained with, English was not an inbuilt language for the dog.

Even if he trained the dog with Spanish, Italian, Hausa, Twi or even swahili, it would most definitely understand.

I remember when i was a kid, one o
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by AfonjaConehead: 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
Hmmm interesting...so it's safe now to say that's a conehead doggy grin

Lzaa bia o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by AngelicBeing: 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2021
Shellsploit:
Lalasticlala sef...
E no be like my neighbor dog wey dey wear slippers for head sad
Hian, like seriously, wearing slippers on the head, wetin person no go read for Nairaland.com shocked

1 Like

Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by LZAA: 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
AfonjaConehead:
Hmmm interesting...so it's safe now to say that's a conehead doggy grin

Lzaa bia o
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by hakeem4(m): 8:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
I would love to get a dog one of these days
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by Pauljj: 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by kareemkamil(m): 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
Nice one from Yoruba brother
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by Athemisia: 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
Sammy07:
cool

Yoruba - The language that gives life, the musical language.
It will be nice if you open a thread where you'll list out common Yoruba phrases and their English translations.... Just my opinion...

Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by relicng: 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
Nice one, I just like dog as pet
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by TriCee: 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2021
China people no dey speak English to their dogs na.
Dogs adapt to whatever language you train it with. Nice job though.
Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by Sammy07: 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
Athemisia:

It will be nice if you open a thread where you'll list out common Yoruba phrases and their English translations.... Just my opinion...

Huh?
I can't actually remember all.
Just tell me.anyone you're having p with, I'll explain it

1 Like

Re: See The Nigerian Rottweiler That Understands Yoruba (Photos, Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
Of you feed dog well, it will obey your commands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Animal Lover Lives With 480 Cats & 12 Dogs; Spends $8000 Monthly On Them In Oman / My Boy And Girl: A Nairalander Shows His Dogs (Photos) / Resident Uses Dogs To 'Scare' Disco Officials That Wanted To Disconnect Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.