Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl (602 Views)

was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? / Since You Know Your Partner Is Not Satisfying You, Why Accept To Marry & Cheat / I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by demolinka(m): 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes, for better and worse, but would you have your partner's back when he/she is obviously at fault in an issue that degenerates into a shouting match or a brawl? Is it morally right/justifiable?
Re: What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by WoundedLamb: 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
Calm them down and share your opinion where you're together. Having someone's back doesn't necessarily mean joining them in attacking the other party. And the keyword here is "opinion" cause no one is a perfect judge of what is wrong or right. If I'm the one having issues with someone, I'd definitely understand such a behavior from thier partner.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by demolinka(m): 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Calm them down and share your opinion where you're together. Having someone's back doesn't necessarily mean joining them in attacking the other party. And the keyword here is "opinion" cause no one is a perfect judge of what is wrong or right. If I'm the one having issues with someone, I'd definitely such a behavior from thier partner.

But I get this feeling that, say, 2 women are having a shouting match and one of them is your wife, and she is at fault, it could be extremely difficult to not take sides with her or show some solidarity at that moment. Abi...
Re: What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by WoundedLamb: 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
demolinka:

But I get this feeling that, say, 2 women are having a shouting match and one of them is your wife, and she is at fault, it could be extremely difficult to not take sides with her or show some solidarity at that moment. Abi...

I don't really think so. In fact, regardless of who is right, I wouldn't join my partner in fighting a fellow a lady except the lady's husband becomes aggressive. In that case, I'd be forced to protect my spouse. I think the ideal thing is to calm her down.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by TripleDdotcom: 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
My wife is fighting and she's clearly the one on the wrong side? shocked na divorce straight !!!!!!!

Okay lemme calm down. No divorce.

But I'll try to stop the fight, then give the other person on the right side his/her due depending on the situation like an apology or whatever's gonna suffice. Then I'll take my wife inside and advise her severely against every action of unruliness and disorderliness.

No matter someone's relationship to me, I'll definitely not support oppression or wrongdoing.

By the way, please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by demolinka(m): 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:

I don't really think so. In fact, regardless of who is right, I wouldn't join my partner in fighting a fellow a lady except the lady's husband becomes aggressive. In that case, I'd be forced to protect my spouse. I think the ideal thing is to calm her down.

Word. I see ur point. Still feel lots of spouses would want their SO's on their side, whether or not at fault, though.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by 1F30M4(f): 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
In line with what WoundedLamb has said.. I'd say you should not come in between them at that point in time, let them trash it out themselves unless you are called upon ofcourse.. That way, you get to hear them out, try to calm them down and then subtly give your own opinion(how best you understood the situation), try to ease off the tension as well..

When you & your spouse goes inside and you're 100% sure that she's calm and all, you could tell her where she missed it or got it wrong and then help her understand how she could've handled it better.. I, for one, won't be mad but it all depends on the individual.. You know your spouse better than we do, if she wouldn't want to hear about it after it's been resolved publicly then please don't bring it up again, you could find a way to tease her after many weekss, months orrr not.. While stating your opinion, be as neutral as possible, so as not to be seen in a wrong light which often leads to disrespect.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by Ishilove: 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
demolinka:
Yes, for better and worse, but would you have your partner's back when he/she is obviously at fault in an issue that degenerates into a shouting match or a brawl? Is it morally right/justifiable?
I will side him in public and try to calm things down, but indoors, will chastise the hell outta his quarrelling ass

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by demolinka(m): 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ishilove:

I will side him in public and try to calm things down, but indoors, will chastise the hell outta his quarrelling ass

This na one of the paradox wen dey marriage o! In this moment of decision one must ditch morality for solidarity...

It is eell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by Ishilove: 6:25am On Apr 23, 2021
demolinka:

This na one of the paradox wen dey marriage o! In this moment of decision one must ditch morality for solidarity...

It is eell
We present a united front in public because we know how to handle ourselves in private.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Partner Is In The Wrong In A Brawl by Familytalkng: 8:18am On Apr 23, 2021
My partner is in a brawl, even if he is wrong, i will still support him ooo, when we get home, we can now discuss it, and point out his wrongdoing, but at that point, we will join the fight together, if they will beat us, make them beat us together. For better for worse, i cannot betray him in public.

My own two cents.

To know how to fight fairly, without resulting into violence please watch this video.. ESE OOO, THANK YOU AND DANKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXc98LdXIoM.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

50 Year Old Woman Gives Birth Her First Child After 21 Years Of Trying / I Followed My Husband To Work / No Assistant Yet Please NL Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.