Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! (14825 Views)

House, I Am Confused / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Figliomi: 11:57am On Apr 23, 2021
bestabigaelever:
Stay in kaduna and be doing what you are doing
Take your business online, do some adverts
As for bags importation, it's not necessary you come to Lagos, order for your goods and post online
I wouldn't advice you to come stay with a friend that is married,NO!
I can teach you importation for Free if you are interested
Bro I'm willing to learn. My email figliomi@Yahoo.com pls fill me in
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by merits(m): 11:57am On Apr 23, 2021
bestabigaelever:
As for bags importation, it's not necessary you come to Lagos, order for your goods and post online
Please teach me am interested.
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by merits(m): 11:58am On Apr 23, 2021
webizone:
I am 33. Is there time?
Yeah enough time seff.

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by PS712: 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
Stay in Kd with the door business, you must have gotten some customers who will bring you more, consistency is key. Although it isn't bad idea trying other opportunities, but don't close the one you have at the moment to another you are not certain of.
Do your feasibility for the new business.
Do you have ready customers for the handbags in Lagos? Will you require time to gather customers? Etc.
You can actually combine the handbags with doors in Kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Sonnobax15(m): 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
webizone:

What I learnt in doors business, online no dey favour am. People who buy doors will want to come, feel and even lift what they are buying. Trust me, I tried. It's only good for a shout-out like, "hey everyone, if you are close to my location, and need doors you can call ...... and come to check my store." But if na fashion stuff, yeah, online is the bomb.
I think I will take you up on your offer to teach me what you know. Every bit helps.
My guy, it seems you're the only one who doesn't believe in yourself..
Listen and listen good, there's nothing that online can't bring to limelight..No let your weakness over shadow your potentials....

Once people noticed that your products are good and top-notch,na only Dem go begin to locate you no matter your location..

5 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Gudlite: 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
Go and pray about it,Seek divine direction.

Is only God that knows you and knows your future,

3 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by agboifeanyi242(m): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:
Go Lag joor
money no dey Lagos.
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by tempusfugit: 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
Lol idiot
Mirabel042:
Yes, It is possible to earn 500K or more on monthly basis. If you have not achieved it yet, You are invited to join Professional Partners Hub. Read about the hub here at https://econofrica.com.ng/2021/04/22/professional-partners-hub-your-link-to-financial-stability/ . You are the boss!
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by MansoryMX(m): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
webizone:
Guys, I need your advice. I am very confused right now.
I am 33, single and graduated as an electronics engineer since 2012.
From my nysc days, I decided I never wanted to be a job seeker, I would rather be in business. I did do some interviews, got reinvited but not successful in securing the jobs.
So I went to understudy a phone accessories business in Lagos, spent six months doing that and started the biz. It wasn't successful as I wasn't getting the volume of business I needed to make it work.
I left Lagos and moved to Kaduna to join in a door sales business (family biz).
I even got a shop of my own which I have managed since 2018.
It wasn't easy at all. I kept struggling to pay rent for both my shop and house. But somehow I managed.
Fast forward to now, I am under pressure to succeed ( both family pressure and myself as I am not getting younger and need to settle down).
A friend who's done quite well for himself came on a visit and told me that I should decide to leave Kaduna and come to Lagos (I was like, again?)
He's into ladies' handbags. He told me of his brother who he trained and sent him off with 500k. He told me about how successful he was, that he was married and pays the rent of both house and shop (which if I can remember was just above a million altogether).
I would have to live in with a friend of his and wife who has apprentices already.

Side note: the handbags biz would be importation which would take rather long to land in Nigeria coupled with how inflation affects our currency while you are trying to replenish your stock.
The doors business we kinda arbitrage our purchases from different suppliers and we get our stock from anywhere in the country within at most 2~3 days.

So, I am confused. Should I go after the offer in order to improve my situation or remain where I am, keep at it and hoping I would get better, possibly inheriting the legacy of the business?

You want my advice? You really want my advice? You really really want my advice bro. Sell everything and travel out. Nothing wrong in getting married at 40. You have 7 years to hustle before 40 and I can guarantee you that your success isn’t in Nigeria. Besides it takes a lot for business to be financially stable lately in Nigeria. Imagine you get married and start raising kids with struggles of business lately! See! A lot of people are dying silently inside in this country! Even the ones who look like they are doing well are not really doing well but dying inside! Make out plans on how to travel out of the country and seek greener pastures in Europe if not America. The only advice I can give you but if you wants to stay back Naija, you have to take care of your business and not your business providing for you, except you have other illegal means of making more money.

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by LightUpWithKemi: 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
You need to pray and know God's plan for your life. If you are able to know this, the rest is easy.

I am a new YouTuber, kindly watch my maiden video using the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcMo5J3wS3o

Please subscribe, share and like. To book for your shout out, drop an email to lightupwithkemi@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Bahose(m): 12:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
Stop running around my brother , stay in kaduna it takes up to three to four years before business stablise. Forgot all these sweet talks and thank me later.if you insist, that your friend will be your worst enemy go and write it down.

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by MansoryMX(m): 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2021
AsapTeddy:
chai buhari has ruined so many destinies

2015. Say Baba

2019: Kai Baba

2023: Chai Baba

This comment is underrated!

2 Likes

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by toxtimmy: 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2021
Is you friend going to give you the capital for new business?... If yes, fine do it but don't close you Kaduna business... See if you do both and try to hire somebody for Kaduna business.

But if your friend is no hi ng to give the capital, still try the business after you do all your computations, don't use your emotions use logic and your internal energy to make that decision.... But also don't give your friend cash to do anything for you else you will regret it.

webizone:
From my nysc days, I decided I never wanted to be a job seeker, I would rather be in business. I did do some interviews, got reinvited but not successful in securing the jobs.
So I went to understudy a phone accessories business in Lagos, spent six months doing that and started the biz. It wasn't successful as I wasn't getting the volume of business I needed to make it work.
It wasn't easy at all. I kept struggling to pay rent for both my shop and house. But somehow I managed.
Fast forward to now, I am under pressure to succeed ( both family pressure and myself as I am not getting younger and need to settle down).
A friend who's done quite well for himself came on a visit and told me that I should decide to leave Kaduna and come to Lagos (I was like, again?)
He's into ladies' handbags. He told me of his brother who he trained and sent him off with 500k. He told me about how successful he was, that he was married and pays the rent of both house and shop (which if I can remember was just above a million altogether).
I would have to live in with a friend of his and wife who has apprentices already.

Side note: the handbags biz would be importation which would take rather long to land in Nigeria coupled with how inflation affects our currency while you are trying to replenish your stock.
The doors business we kinda arbitrage our purchases from different suppliers and we get our stock from anywhere in the country within at most 2~3 days.

So, I am confused. Should I go after the offer in order to improve my situation or remain where I am, keep at it and hoping I would get better, possibly inheriting the legacy of the business?
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by SKYHIGHfx: 12:05pm On Apr 23, 2021
Learn how to trade the financial market.... I will teach u freely
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by tempusfugit: 12:05pm On Apr 23, 2021
Op, your biggest problem is you don't believe in yourself!!!
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Matheusmartin: 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Brother go for prayers first and seek the face of God first. NL pastors and deacons can help you through. contact them.
So that they'll defraud him.
Abi.
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Skullano(m): 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
Building material business is a business of patience bro, you don't have to wait for customers to come to your shop before you sell. Go out to work sites, give out your card to builders for supplies and trust the process.

I'm into sales of plumbing materials so I understand the pressure but keep your head high please.

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by ekerintee: 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
IT seems you that have interest in electronics.i think electrical electronics is one of the best courses in the world If you really have Interest.if you are interested in Business .you can combine your electronics knowledge with Business to suceed .Nothing Comes easy ,you need to keep trying and Not give Up.

quote author=webizone post=101034423]Guys, I need your advice. I am very confused right now.

So, I am confused. Should I go after the offer in order to improve my situation or remain where I am, keep at it and hoping I would get better, possibly inheriting the legacy of the business?[/quote]
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by solonubinho(m): 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2021
You've tasted one, it didn't work. At least you know one thing for sure- that it didn't work. Why not make a change. If it works, great. If it doesnt, you know you tried. Rather than remain where it's not working.

In all sha, present it unto God. He will guide you. Olorun a wa pelu e.

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by bestabigaelever(f): 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
merits:

Please teach me am interested.
Send a PM pls
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by thatsleepboy1: 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2021
Matheusmartin:
So that they'll defraud him.
Abi.
When I needed prayers, nobody asked me for money. They only made sure I did what they told me to do and ask for improvement and prayer with me.
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Afonjashapmouth: 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2021
My advice........

It is never too late to change course my brother. As a Nigerian who is a strong believer of working on my own, i started my venture after moving back to this clime but they all seems very slow. We all of course know how starting a whole new IT idea works. Even though my new initiative caught the attention of Zenith bank, but i could not proceed to develop my mobile app on time. After a while, pressure started kicking in from my family on sourcing for some random jobs which i wasn't interested in. To be honest with you, i gave in to the pressure and ventured into some buying and selling ( wasn't easy at first). Mind you i didn't give up on my IT project. Now i have something good going on and hopefully fuel my ambition soon. Please even at 40 or 50, its not too late to change course, 4months might be all it takes to excel in a new venture that fits you. Do a thorough calculation of it all by weighing on the time and specific target plan and not just jumping on it.
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by bestabigaelever(f): 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2021
Figliomi:

Bro I'm willing to learn. My email figliomi@Yahoo.com pls fill me in
I will send a mail by evening
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by thatsleepboy1: 12:14pm On Apr 23, 2021
bestabigaelever:

Online no dey favour doors? No, I disagree
During the lockdown, I was learning alluminium fabrication, doors, windows and all that, I suggested for that my boss do online advert, he told me he later did it and the turnout was great, I have friend who is into furniture and carpentry works, most of his clients are from north and east through adverts but then whatever works for you
PM me when you are ready for importation

can I pm too?
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by uncleFola(m): 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2021
bestabigaelever:
come teach me too nah abeg
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by bestabigaelever(f): 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2021
thatsleepboy1:

can I pm too?
Sure boss
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Gobmog: 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2021
Lol
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Gobmog: 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by God2man2again(m): 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2021
Have you tried to seek the face of God on the path to take?

It is not by struggle ooo.

Ecclesiasistes 9:11 " I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to the strong, neither bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill but time and chance happeneth to them hall"

Be a God seeker instead of Job seeker and you will get whatever you want.

God be with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by Eroj: 12:19pm On Apr 23, 2021
Mirabel042:
Yes, It is possible to earn 500K or more on monthly basis. If you have not achieved it yet, You are invited to join Professional Partners Hub. Read about the hub here at https://econofrica.com.ng/2021/04/22/professional-partners-hub-your-link-to-financial-stability/ . You are the boss!
so u still want to steal from him. There is God oo

1 Like

Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by JahBwoy: 12:19pm On Apr 23, 2021
webizone:

How is your Spiritual life bruh? Have you dealt with foundational powers ? How is your everyday life with Christ?
Re: Which Path Should I Take? I Am Confused! by EmperorTolson: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
bestabigaelever:

I'm interested in this importation business too.
Pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat / Ican Professional Examination Result Is Out / Planning To Resign From Current Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.