Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges (19435 Views)

Governor Obiano To Distribute 450 Cm Of Oxygen To Hospitals In Anambra / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / Man Dies Due To Unavailability Of Oxygen In 5 Nigerian Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by martineverest(m): 9:18pm On Apr 23, 2021
they flaunt covid warning for their Diwali festival...now they are suffering the consequence
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
CSTRR:
Na person be Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Catering for more than a billion people and reducing their poverty rate, and developing the country rapidly.

India right now does not have a problem of electricity.

Ordinary 200 million people, Buhari cannot cater for.

And I am sure Buhari is at the same age as him.

India has a lot of problems with electricity....as wikpeida puts it

Inadequate last mile connectivity. The country already has adequate generation and transmission capacity to meet the full consumer demand, both temporally and spatially.[5] However, due to the lack of last-mile link-up between all electricity consumers and a reliable power supply (to exceed 99%), many consumers depend on diesel generators.[45] Nearly 80 billion kWh of electricity is generated annually in India by diesel generator sets that consume nearly 15 million tons of diesel oil. Over 10 million households use battery storage UPS as back-ups in case of load shedding.[215] India imports nearly US$2 billion worth of battery storage UPS every year.[216] As overhead lines cause distribution problems during rain and wind storms, there is a plan to lay buried cables from low voltage substations to supply cheaper emergency power in cities and towns and thus reduce diesel oil consumption by diesel generator sets and the installation of UPS systems.[citation needed]

Demand build up measures. Electricity-intensive industries consume the cheaper electricity (average price Rs 2.5 per kWhr) available from the grid instead of running their own coal/gas/oil fired captive power plants.[217][218] The captive power generation capacity by such plants is nearly 53,000 MW, and they are mainly established in steel, fertilizer, aluminium, cement, etc. industries.[219][5] These plants can draw cheaper electricity from the grid on short term open access (STOA) basis, avoiding their own higher cost of electricity generation and diverting power from other consumers.[220][221] Some of these idling captive power plants can be used for ancillary services or grid reserve service and earn extra revenue.

Unequal electricity distribution. Almost all households have access to electricity. However, most households find the electricity supply intermittent and unreliable.At the same time, many power stations are idling for lack of electricity demand and the idling generation capacity is sufficient to supply the needs of households lacking electricity three times over.

Erratic power pricing. In general, industrial and commercial consumers subsidize domestic and agricultural consumers. Government giveaways such as free electricity for farmers, created partly to curry political favor, have depleted the cash reserves of state-run electricity-distribution system and led to debts of ₹2.5 trillion (US$35 billion). This has financially crippled the distribution network, and its ability to pay to purchase power in the absence of subsidies from state governments.[228] This situation has been worsened by state government departments that do not pay their electricity bills
Over-rated capacity. Many coal-fired plants are overrated above the actual maximum continuous rating (MCR) capacity.[229] to allow the plant cost to be inflated.[230] These plants operate 15 to 10% below their declared capacity on a daily basis and rarely operate at declared capacity, undermining grid stability.

Lack of timely information on load and demand. Intraday graphs at 15-minute or more frequent intervals are required to understand the shortcomings of the power grid with respect to grid frequency, including comprehensive data collected from SCADA for all grid-connected generating stations (≥ 100 KW) and load data from all substations.
Lack of adequate coal supply: Despite abundant reserves of coal, power plants are frequently under-supplied. India's monopoly coal producer, state-controlled Coal India, is constrained by primitive mining techniques and is rife with theft and corruption.[citation needed] Poor coal transport infrastructure has worsened these problems. Most of India's coal lies under protected forests or designated tribal lands and efforts to mine additional deposits have been resisted.

Poor gas pipeline connectivity and infrastructure. India has abundant coal bed methane and natural gas potential. However a giant new offshore natural gas field has delivered far less gas than claimed, causing a shortage of natural gas.

Transmission, distribution and consumer-level losses. Losses exceed 30%, including the auxiliary power consumption of thermal power stations and fictitious electricity generation by wind generators, solar power plants & independent power producers (IPPs), etc.

Resistance to energy efficiency in the residential building sector. Continuous urbanization and the growth of population result in increased power consumption in buildings. The belief still predominates among stakeholders that energy-efficient buildings are more expensive than conventional buildings, adversely affecting the "greening" of the building sector.

Resistance to hydroelectric power projects. Hydroelectric power projects in India's mountainous north and northeast regions have been slowed down by ecological, environmental and rehabilitation controversies, coupled with public interest litigation.

Resistance to nuclear power generation. Political activism since the Fukushima disaster has reduced progress in this sector. The track record of executing nuclear power plants is also very poor in India.

Theft of power. The financial loss due to theft of electricity is estimated at around $16 billion yearly
SOURCE:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_India
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by bluefilm: 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
SCAMdemic nonsense. angry
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by blackjack21(m): 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2021
davillian:
Most people here doesn't believe there is covid in Nigeria...
I don't know how but God know why he doesn't want to wipe Nigeria...
If this thing but Nigeria the way it has hit other countries....
Nobody would remain in Nigeria....

God loves Buhari, that's why
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by Gbest90(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hmm. Too bad.

These kind of news are what makes a man sit down once in a while and say "God thank you for everything "

Thank you for still loving us even when we don't deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by itubaba001: 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
costandi:
TF you mean by Grace? Science doesn't believe in Grace abeg. Why don't we enjoy the same grace in the area of governance, health-care, infrastructure, wealth etc? E come be for COVID. Make I hear word.

If this was truly a Pandemic of the asserted magnitude, Africa should have been the worst hit. They're using the same Wuhan format to reignite the fear of COVID in y'all's hearts.
Fools ... That what God address personality like u . You mean no God mercy and grace in this case . Even bill gate is still amuse and can't explain how African are not dieing like chicken .
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by costandi(m): 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
Neutralobserver:

See the map below. That's a flight map from 2019....see how India is linked with a lot of COVID hotspots in Europe and Asia...compared to Nigeria?

That's why. Add the fact that a lot of infected people most likely were entering the country from 2019.

1. Note that reputable scientists and institutions have openly admitted to be oblivious of the reason for the low spread in Africa. So you should be sure, and not rely on assumptions while making claims in this regard.

2. Compared to Nigeria? How? Your diagram didn't make any comparisons with Nigeria. Plus, that sketch showed nothing but mutilations from an unknown source.

3. There has been over 165k COVID cases according to NCDC's numbers from the very few tests carried out. This means that there should be millions of unidentified COVID cases. Your false assumption is that COVID must be spread internationally. We already have enough numbers for an effective wide spread, locally, at least by NCDC stats.

3 Likes

Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by simplesearch: 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
My heart goes out to the people of India, may they find Jesus in truth and Spirit at this time, may they also find grace to jettison their age long allegiance and attachment to demons and Idols.
This is a lesson for those always shouting medical science up and down, India are well positioned when it comes to health related matters of any kind, but how their scientist and alternative medical practioners became so helpless at this critical time is a food for thought and prove that only God can truly deliver.
This further proves that the prayer of the saints in Nigeria is the only thing preventing this nation from spiritual and physical destruction and collapse. Kudos to all the genuine Christians in Nigeria, let's keep up the fight to rescue our Nation for Christ, the only savior of mankind. Africa shall be saved!
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by faithfull18(f): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
NaijaMutant:
Dear God,

We are very sorry for being ungrateful.

As a nation we have failed to acknowledge your love towards us.

Knowing how our wicked and heartless leaders would have weaponized the plague to further enrich themselves and their cronies.

You realized that having another plague besides Buhari will be overwhelming.

For this cause, you kept this plague at bay.

This is an assurance that you'll soon bring to an end the current plague in Nigeria.

Thank you Lord.
Lol grin
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by costandi(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
itubaba001:

Fools ... That what God address personality like u . You mean no God mercy and grace in this case . Even bill gate is still amuse and can't explain how African are not dieing like chicken .
You're the real fool here cos you read without understanding. Your inability to effectively express yourself substantiates your gross comprehension deficiency.

1 Like

Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
costandi:
1. Note that reputable scientists and institutions have openly admitted to be oblivious of the low spread in Africa. So you should be sure, and not rely on assumptions to make claims in this regard.

What assumptions?

Covid was spread among the elite in Nigeria first...and it was the elite really that were the targets of the isolation protocols....meanwhile most Nigerians cannot afford regular air travel.

India meanwhile has a higher rate of air traffic between it and many covid active nations. Then India has a very large and dense populaiton. Plus Indians of all classes travel by air...far more than Nigerians. You do the math.

2. Compared to Nigeria? How? You didn't show the Nigerian comparison. Plus, t[b]hat sketch showed nothing but mutilations from an unknown source[/b].

Comments like this are why I don't like Nairaland. They cannot refute your facts...they promptly lablel it 'mutilations'

Thanks, but that's the real thing. Not mutiliations.

3. Presently there are over 165k COVID cases according to NCDC's numbers from the very few tests carried out. This means that there should be millions of unidentified COVID cases.

Indeed, we are undertesting. The thing is, from what we know, most people survive covid. It is the potential for the minrity that would fall serously ill rising in numbers that would overwhelm our health sector that brought about all the control cases. Add the fact that international travel too has been reduced....

Your false assumption is that COVID must be spread internationally. We already have enough numbers for an effective wide spread, locally, at least by NCDC stats.
[/quote]

Lol...how did COVID get from CHina to the world? By magic.

Good evening to you.
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by CSTRR: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2021
Neutralobserver:

India has a lot of problems with electricity....as wikpeida puts it

From your article, Almost all households have access to electricity.
For a nation of 1.2 billion people. That is humongous.

Nigeria has just beaten Congo to the worst percentage of electricity access in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2021
CSTRR:

From your article, Almost all households have access to electricity.
For a nation of 1.2 billion people. That is humongous.

Nigeria has just beaten Congo to the worst percentage of electricity access in the world.

Yes, they do, but they also, as the points pointed out, have erratic power supply

Then there are the issues of electricity theft and so on

Finally, one other thing...power in India is not privatised as it is in Nigeria. In Nigeria power has been in private hands since 2013. And the power companies cannot charge the price they want since 2013...they have to charge government price...which is so low that all the DISCOS owe taxes and are barely making ends meet.
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by itubaba001: 9:42pm On Apr 23, 2021
costandi:
You're the real fool here cos you read without understanding. Your inability to effectively express yourself substantiates your gross comprehension deficiency.
Very ignorant
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by Juoflife1(f): 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2021
Political rallies and festivals in the midst of a pandemic. I don't know why these poor countries are so stupid. I wish them all the best and hope they bring it under control as soon as possible
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by CSTRR: 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2021
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by costandi(m): 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2021
Neutralobserver:

What assumptions?

Covid was spread among the elite in Nigeria first...and it was the elite really that were the targets of the isolation protocols....meanwhile most Nigerians cannot afford regular air travel.

India meanwhile has a higher rate of air traffic between it and many covid active nations. Then India has a very large and dense populaiton. Plus Indians of all classes travel by air...far more than Nigerians. You do the math.

Comments like this are why I don't like Nairaland. They cannot refute your facts...they promptly lablel it 'mutilations'

Thanks, but that's the real thing. Not mutiliations.

Indeed, we are undertesting. The thing is, from what we know, most people survive covid. It is the potential for the minrity that would fall serously ill rising in numbers that would overwhelm our health sector that brought about all the control cases. Add the fact that international travel too has been reduced....

Lol...how did COVID get from CHina to the world? By magic.

Good evening to you.
With all due respect, you are not addressing my concerns. Oga, in a country with over 165k COVID cases, where COVID regulations were almost never truly observed, with poor sanitation and health-care system, why should I rely on international travels for an effective spread? Abi no be the same COVID?
Repeating my earlier question again. Based on your 'population density' hypothesis, why has there not been a single slum, majorly hit by COVID. This is a 'deadly' and 'highly contagious' disease for f's sake.

Please, I beg of you, kindly address these concerns without digressions.
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by Daniella2252(f): 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2021
[s]
costandi:
TF you mean by Grace? Science doesn't believe in Grace abeg. Why don't we enjoy the same grace in the area of governance, health-care, infrastructure, wealth etc? E come be for COVID. Make I hear word.

If this was truly a Pandemic of the asserted magnitude, Africa should have been the worst hit. They're using the same Wuhan format to reignite the fear of COVID in y'all's hearts.
[/s]
Trash undecided
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by costandi(m): 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2021
Daniella2252:
[s][/s]
Trash undecided
And you're the trash can.
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by Daniella2252(f): 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2021
[s]
costandi:
And you're the trash can.
[/s]
Trash undecided undecided
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2021
costandi:
With all due respect, you are not addressing my concerns. Oga, in a country with over 165k COVID cases, where COVID regulations were almost never truly observed, with poor sanitation and health-care system, why should I rely on international travels for an effective spread? Abi no be the same COVID?
Repeating my earlier question again. Based on your 'population density' hypothesis, why has there not been a single slum, majorly hit by COVID. This is a 'deadly' and 'highly contagious' disease for f's sake.

Please, I beg of you, kindly address these concerns without digressions.

High rate of air travel in India compared to Nigeria meant that there were far more index cases in India than Nigeria...meaning higher chances to spread, and more cases.

Plus India is more populaiton dense than Nigeria.

It is that simple.

I have answered your question. But since you think it is a scam, you won't beliieve me...and you will keep on asking me rheotrical questions. So, I'm calling it a night as far as you are concerend.
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by costandi(m): 9:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
Neutralobserver:

High rate of air travel in India compared to Nigeria meant that there were far more index cases in India than Nigeria...meaning higher chances to spread, and more cases.

Plus India is more populaiton dense than Nigeria.

It is that simple.

I have answered your question. But since you think it is a scam, you won't beliieve me...and you will keep on asking me rheotrical questions. So, I'm calling it a night as far as you are concerend.
Bro, you answered nothing, but it's all good. You even brought along with you a false claim that, the higher the index cases, the greater the chances of spreading. According to WHO, every COVID carrier has equal chances of spreading it. Even asymptomatic ones.
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by samwillyco1(m): 10:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
Very parthatic

Make NIGERIA Government no even reason another lockdown because hunger go kill people more than the virus
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by PoshTraveler: 10:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
Soloboss534:
Seriously in this country
It has just been God
Cause we know we dont have any facilities to fight covid
But God has been sustaining us
Father we thank you
But i plead with the government of nigeria to tighten up security now ooo
So that we wont face second wave
shut up
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by PoshTraveler: 10:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
iits a useless scam, there is vaccine
Emperor88:
Nigerians will tell you it is a scam
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by davillian(m): 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
blackjack21:

God loves Buhari, that's why
I take God beg you no add buhari into this matter angry
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by FarahAideed: 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2021
Nbotee:
While Nigerians are here shouting scamdemic up and down... We Nigerians underestimate the kind of Grace we enjoy.. We have prayed and prayed and yet call it a scamdemic simply becos we aren't dying and getting infected like others. If it spreads and infects dis country like it's doing others, a gud number of dis country's population would b wiped out considering d terrible state our health and social infrastructures are

Everyone doesn't understand why Nigeria and Africa isn't getting infected and dying like dey are expected to.. So help us use science explain how and why Nigerians despite our inefficiencies in a lot of ways are still not being infected and dying

I am very sure you have Cargo shorts and Crocs
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by mvem(m): 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2021
davillian:
Most people here doesn't believe there is covid in Nigeria...
I don't know how but God know why he doesn't want to wipe Nigeria...
If this thing but Nigeria the way it has hit other countries....
Nobody would remain in Nigeria....
so scientifically why is it not affecting African countries that badly not just Nigeria
Re: Indian Hospitals Run Out Of Oxygen As Covid-19 Surges by ALISMILE(m): 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2021
Emperor88:
Nigerians will tell you it is a scam
When a whole pastor with millions of followers doesn't believe what do you expect from his flock

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG To Vaccinate Nigerians In Church On Sundays / Face Masks Now Optional, COVID-19 Restrictions To Go Soon – FG / How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.