Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns (48669 Views)

Peace In Health Sector Threatened As FG Stops Salaries Of Medical House Officers / BREAKING: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns / Wonder Of Goron- Tula Fruit On Fertility And All Other Health Benefits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by omonnakoda: 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
alyarmouk:

UK where I reside don't pay Interns.
America dnt pay interns.
get ur facts straight n stop masquerading under social media anonymity to spew trash..from the gutter cum mouth of yours
Not true

Both countries pay them

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by ezlubo: 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2021
From what I see, the released statement doesn't say that interns wouldn't be paid, only that their pay would not be structured grade-wise like civil service healthcare professionals. I'm probably missing something...

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by omoadeleye(m): 7:53am On May 04, 2021
omonnakoda:
Houseman doctors are trainees just like residents there is no difference. But they also WORK and should be paid for their work.
Their role is a COMBINATION of training and work
If House officers should not be paid because they are trainees then the same should apply to residents.

It is impossible for any of these hospitals to operate without the work House officers and residents do.

yeah, norms
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Froshchuksswart(m): 6:22am On Jul 06, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
yes, the minimum requirement to do surgery is the MBBS certificate which the medical interns have.

It is one thing to be certified, but another thing to have the experience necessary.

Lies my gee, why was Dr Any arrested for doing plastics...? Only consultants can do surgery bro
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:24am On Jul 06, 2021
Froshchuksswart:

Lies my gee, why was Dr Any arrested for doing plastics...? Only consultants can do surgery bro
she wasn't arrested for doing plastics. She was arrested over the death of the beauty queen. Two separate issues. It's a really complicated issue. Just know this, She stepped on the toes of many LUTH elders
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:27am On Jul 06, 2021
alyarmouk:

UK where I reside don't pay Interns.
America dnt pay interns.
get ur facts straight n stop masquerading under social media anonymity to spew trash..from the gutter cum mouth of yours
UK pays it's interns. Both FY 1& 2
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Froshchuksswart(m): 7:01am On Jul 18, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
she wasn't arrested for doing plastics. She was arrested over the death of the beauty queen. Two separate issues. It's a really complicated issue. Just know this, She stepped on the toes of many LUTH elders

STFU!!! No MBBS doctor is liscenced to do plastic surgery, what do they know...?
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:08am On Jul 18, 2021
Froshchuksswart:

STFU!!! No MBBS doctor is liscenced to do plastic surgery, what do they know...?
what do you even know?

Step aside

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Froshchuksswart(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
what do you even know?

Step aside

Baba you are just a mumu bearing a useless tittle you know nothing about, so people who spent 9 years to fellowship in plastic surgery are fools abiii...? And the post graduate medical college is a joke to you, or is the west Africa college of surgery is a beans...? This guy funny ooo ,as a MBBS graduate you are just a first call in the hospital, there are things you dare not do
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by DrFunmisticGlow: 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
Froshchuksswart:

Baba you are just a mumu bearing a useless tittle you know nothing about, so people who spent 9 years to fellowship in plastic surgery are fools abiii...? And the post graduate medical college is a joke to you, or is the west Africa college of surgery is a beans...? This guy funny ooo ,as a MBBS graduate you are just a first call in the hospital, there are things you dare not do
step aside.

Or do you also lack comprehension skills?
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by DECLAN2015(m): 7:28am On Aug 04, 2021

Abeg shift.

Nigerians have been surviving by mixing drugs from CHEMIST shops or drinking AGBO concoctions.

DO WE HAVE A HEALTHCARE SYSTEM?

Taa make we hear word.
Many HAVE DIED PREMATURELY via the carelessness and trial and error experimental by these people ABEG!!!!

Yet their services are not affordable.

This one is just an ignorant fool
You think this is the time for your bad belle.
You lack critical thinking.
House job is stressful
And u need something to compensate
Scrapping the salary to me is a bad move
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by ogatittus: 10:53am On Oct 12, 2021
FunkyAlhaji2015:

Oga doctors on NYSC are not house officers. You google to understand housemanship is first.

Secondly Nigeria is one of few countries in the world that pays house officers. House officers are doctors in training, they do not perform any role in the hospital without supervision.

In the U.S. students pay to enter housemanship. If doctors are demanding we treat them like it is done in other climes then we must start from somewhere.

Doctors don’t do housemanship/internship in the US...do research before typing...A doctor who finishes medical school in the US goes directly into a residency program. In the UK, they pay interns so what are you saying?

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by ogatittus: 11:13am On Oct 12, 2021
mamatwiny:

I'll research more on this, but my friends that are on placement said it is unpaid. I'll confirm if this depends on the school or is a general practice.

Foundation training is same as internship or housemanship. Those your friends are not truthful...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

12-Year-Old Boy Barks Like A Dog After A Dog Bite (Pics, Video) / Experiencing Wet Dream Everyday; Is This Normal? / Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.