Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. (64556 Views)

Five Things You Didn’t Know About Ada Jesus / #EndSARS: See What Davido Posted About Buhari That Can Put Him In Trouble (See h / Relative Uses Dead Body Of 'kay Low' To Curse SARS. Davido, Banky W React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GEEBITE: 5:35am On Apr 25, 2021
With a child as well. The hunch is she must have been a bit reckless.
duduade:
At 2015...

And she died at 22

It's well
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by duduade: 5:39am On Apr 25, 2021
GEEBITE:
With a child as well. The hunch is she must have been a bit reckless.

Exactly
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by ThatFairGuy1: 6:13am On Apr 25, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Define close relative

The person who wrote this about her niece because I'm sure it has to be a woman, is a very big fool, why didn't you Write this when she was alive so that she can respond to your stupidity.

You just want to gain publicity and fame off her death, the girl had kidney disease it's a very normal thing.

Poverty and religious brainwash has made us see asthma, high blood pressure, sickle cell, fibroid, malaria, typhoid, stroke and more which are regular normal sickness as spiritual attacks and you think only evil people die.

Why do you people reason like fowl? Go to hospital for regular check ups you won't go, Ada Jesus had been treating kidney problem for more than 5 years before she even became famous, infact she did most of what she did to get money for her dialysis. She was sick before she even knew odumeje.

If I die after typing this you fools will say it is because of what I typed I died. You people are goats. Your education is a waste. Death is just as normal as birth, good people die, bad people also die, death is not punishment for evil or reward for good deeds.

I will die, you reading this will also eventually die no matter how long it takes none of us will live for ever.

But religion has turned your brain upside down that if someone you think is a bad man or infidel dies you rejoice like Pantami you say God has punished him.
But if someone you think is a good man dies you say God has called him. My brother all die na die.

I refuse to believe she was a bad person or she did evil simply because she died young from an illness she has been battling with for many years. After all it is you guys who say good people die young.

By the way I'm not a woman, I'm not Igbo, I'm not even a fan of Ada Jesus I only heard of her a day or two before her death and actually got to know of her and her case after her death.
You nailed it
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by jcross19: 7:14am On Apr 25, 2021
Righteousness2:
One of My Principles is not to Force anyone on anything..
I advise... I admonish but I will never force you.
There is a way that seems right to a man/woman! The End is Destruction.

I Sincerely Hope that Ada used her last minutes on Earth to make Peace with JESUS CHRIST.
This is what Really Matters!

As for those Pepetuating Evil under any guise or title, Come out from it. It will be more Terrible for you.
They are some situations need restitution what can we say about that? On your sick bed, there is someone you refused to forgive and the same time you are asking to forgive you at dying minutes and you think God will listen to you? God is a principled God that's all.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by ChocolateWine(f): 7:31am On Apr 25, 2021
sotall:

The thief on the cross gave his life to Jesus at the last minute and he made it.

Righteousness2:

I Sincerely Hope that Ada used her last minutes on Earth to make Peace with JESUS CHRIST.
This is what Really Matters!

What do you mean by make peace with Jesus?

Are you indirectly emboldening badness?

What is the use of being a good person if 98% of the time you'd make peace with God at the last minute?

Using the case of the thief nailed with Jesus does not in anyway supports this claim.

The criminal from his statement you could see that he has heard about Jesus, but likely haven't accepted him as saviour or believe in him or have faith in him.

As he lay there side by side with Jesus he was watching as event unfolded, he even rebuked the other thief for condemning Jesus pointing out why at least he should have the fear God seeing what was happening.

That was when he begged Jesus, remember me in your Kingdom.

Hebrews 10:26 clearly makes us understand that there is no sacrifice in the law for willful sinners.

Who are willful sinners? Someone who knows Christ and believes he's the savior and maybe goes for baptism, but still goes back to sin.

My people God cannot be a fool.

If we know Christ and still continue in sin there is no grace left for us in the last minute.

Let's not deceive people and harden them in the path of sin while interpreting the word of God wrongly.

Kukukillus:
The bitter truth is that no man can make Peace with God at the last minutes, it has to be before the last minutes long enough to clear your karma. God is not a fool. smiley

Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by Perfectbeing(m): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2021
Kukukillus:
The bitter truth is that no man can make Peace with God at the last minutes, it has to be before the last minutes long enough to clear your karma. God is not a fool. smiley

The thief at the right hand side of Christ on the cross didn't even ask for forgiveness. All he did was believe and he was with Jesus in Paradise.. It is that easy to make heaven..
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by sotall(m): 7:48am On Apr 25, 2021
ChocolateWine:

What do you mean by make peace with Jesus?

Are you indirectly emboldening badness?

What is the use of being a good person if 98% of the time you'd make peace with God at the last minute?

Using the case of the thief nailed with Jesus does not in anyway supports this claim.

The criminal from his statement you could see that he has heard about Jesus, but likely haven't accepted him as saviour or believe in him or have faith in him.

As he lay there side by side with Jesus he was watching as event unfolded, he even rebuked the other thief for condemning Jesus pointing out why at least he should have the fear God seeing what was happening.

That was when he begged Jesus, remember me in your Kingdom.

Hebrews 10:26 clearly makes us understand that there is no sacrifice in the law for willful sinners.

Who are willful sinners? Someone who knows Christ and believes he's the savior and maybe goes for baptism, but still goes back to sin.

My people God cannot be a fool.

If we know Christ and still continue in sin there is no grace left for us in the last minute.

Let's not deceive people and harden them in the path of sin while interpreting the word of God wrongly.

You need a deeper understanding of what the grace and sacrifice of Jesus entails.

For we aren't justified by works, but by faith.

That statement covers everything about being saved. Your being righteous or having good works isnt enough to save you, only faith in Jesus will do that.

As for giving your life to Christ at the last minute, it's a sure way of being saved but not everyone has the luxury of accepting Christ the last moments before they die.

It's only a fool that will keep committing sin and waiting for the last moments to accept Christ. Such a person may not have a that chance. The person's death may come suddenly before they realize it.

1 Like

Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by houseontherock: 8:07am On Apr 25, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Define close relative

The person who wrote this about her niece because I'm sure it has to be a woman is a very big fool.
Unfortunately, it was written by a man, "uncle Dice" and not a woman. Like you though, I don't think an uncle needs to write this about his niece, his lovely 'Mimi'.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by ChocolateWine(f): 8:13am On Apr 25, 2021
sotall:

[s]You need a deeper understanding of what the grace and sacrifice of Jesus entails[/s].

Please don't preach to me that that the things of God are beyond our understanding. The Bible was written for humans and the Bible it is perfect to make us upright. God cannot be hiding things from us and except us to be obedient.

I do hope you understand. Just explain to me what you think i don't understand. A good teacher is one who can teach a little child, even Jesus said that.

For we aren't justified by works, but by faith.

That statement covers everything about being saved. Your being righteous or having good works isnt enough to save you, only faith in Jesus will do that.

Apparently you don't understand your own statement. What is faith? While answering that use James 2:26. While at that too, remember we said having faith and going back to sin has no forgiveness left. Hence our conscience is involved, which is judged by God.

As for giving your life to Christ at the last minute, it's a sure way of being saved but not everyone has the luxury of accepting Christ the last moments before they die.

It's only a fool that will keep committing sin and waiting for the last moments to accept Christ. Such a person may not have a that chance. The person's death may come suddenly before they realize it.

If you keep preaching this kind of preaching, you should not called such people fools, they are being smart.

Life is all a risk and the life we have today favours bad people most, so anyone waiting last minute is taking a good risk. Imagine someone who has 98% chances of accepting Jesus in his heart before he gives up his last breathe, c'mon let's be objective.

Afterall it also means he can be selective with the sin he commits and immediately prays for forgiveness each time, afterall God is forever merciful, according to your preaching.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by pinkyz: 8:19am On Apr 25, 2021
[quote author=Kukukillus post=101082362]The bitter truth is that no man can make Peace with God at the last minutes, it has to be before the last minutes long enough to clear your karma. God is not a fool. smiley

Well done, assistant God. And you and God go judge the world... Smh
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by petitejolie(f): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2021
sotall:

The thief on the cross gave his life to Jesus at the last minute and he made it.
u dey mind am. Christain for mouth
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by sotall(m): 8:26am On Apr 25, 2021
ChocolateWine:

Please don't preach to me that that the things of God are beyond our understanding. The Bible was written for humans and the Bible it is perfect to make us upright. God cannot be hiding things from us and except us to be obedient.

I do hope you understand. Just explain to me what you think i don't understand. A good teacher is one who can teach a little child, even Jesus said that.

Apparently you don't understand your own statement. What is faith? While answering that use James 2:26. While at that too, remember we said having faith and going back to sin has no forgiveness left. Hence our conscience is involved, which is judged by God.

If you keep preaching this kind of preaching, you should not called such people fools, they are being smart.

Life is all a risk and the life we have today favours bad people most, so anyone waiting last minute is taking a good risk. Imagine someone who has 98% chances of accepting Jesus in his heart before he gives up his last breathe, c'mon let's be objective.

Afterall it also means he can be selective with the sin he commits and immediately prays for forgiveness each time, afterall God is forever merciful, according to your preaching.

The truth is what it is despite it being like foolishness or smartness (according to you) in human reasoning.

The sacrifice of Jesus Christ which only requires faith or believing in him is a fact. The bible doesn't say you must have been a believer for a period of time before you can be saved.

Immediately you accept and believe Jesus and that he died for your sins, no matter the phase you are in life whether about to die or not, you are saved.

There is no other condition. If you have been believing there is another condition apart from this, you need another orientation.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by kkins25(m): 9:39am On Apr 25, 2021
Built2last:
This life sha.

It's time to take your relationship with God serious

See how many people reported dead this week alone.

because the people wey die, them dey cheat on God before.

Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by ChocolateWine(f): 10:00am On Apr 25, 2021
sotall:

The truth is what it is despite it being like foolishness or smartness (according to you) in human reasoning.

The sacrifice of Jesus Christ which only requires faith or believing in him is a fact. The bible doesn't say you must have been a believer for a period of time before you can be saved.

Immediately you accept and believe Jesus and that he died for your sins, no matter the phase you are in life whether about to die or not, you are saved.

There is no other condition. If you have been believing there is another condition apart from this, you need another orientation.

This is the sole reason why the church has lost its value over the years, because even criminals & prostitutes can have faith and get saved instantly (according to your teaching).

A church were all atrocities are being committed and it is covered by so called faith and mercy.

Is that how Jesus brought the church to us or is that how the apostles lived the faith?

Have you not started to teach things to suit the ears of the masses? 2 Tim 4:3

How did the church respond towards cases of ungodliness in the church in Bible times? Do you see any of that today?

What is faith? Faith simple means believe in Jesus and God.

Doesn't the Bible show us that the demons also believe in Christ and still shudder? James 2:19

Unless you have another definition for your so called acclaimed faith.

You have also not responded to the part of the scripture James 2:26?
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by pocohantas(f): 10:38am On Apr 25, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Define close relative

The person who wrote this about her niece because I'm sure it has to be a woman, is a very big fool, why didn't you Write this when she was alive so that she can respond to your stupidity.

You just want to gain publicity and fame off her death, the girl had kidney disease it's a very normal thing.

Poverty and religious brainwash has made us see asthma, high blood pressure, sickle cell, fibroid, malaria, typhoid, stroke and more which are regular normal sickness as spiritual attacks and you think only evil people die.

Why do you people reason like fowl? Go to hospital for regular check ups you won't go, Ada Jesus had been treating kidney problem for more than 5 years before she even became famous, infact she did most of what she did to get money for her dialysis. She was sick before she even knew odumeje.

If I die after typing this you fools will say it is because of what I typed I died. You people are goats. Your education is a waste. Death is just as normal as birth, good people die, bad people also die, death is not punishment for evil or reward for good deeds.

I will die, you reading this will also eventually die no matter how long it takes none of us will live for ever.

But religion has turned your brain upside down that if someone you think is a bad man or infidel dies you rejoice like Pantami you say God has punished him.
But if someone you think is a good man dies you say God has called him. My brother all die na die.

I refuse to believe she was a bad person or she did evil simply because she died young from an illness she has been battling with for many years. After all it is you guys who say good people die young.

By the way I'm not a woman, I'm not Igbo, I'm not even a fan of Ada Jesus I only heard of her a day or two before her death and actually got to know of her and her case after her death.

I know say we wey get sense can’t just go extinct like that na. grin

Gracias!!!

2 Likes

Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 11:53am On Apr 25, 2021
sotall:

My man, God is not mocked, whatever a man sows he would reap.

The preaching that one can ask for forgiveness at the last minute is dangerous. It is thesame bible that says whatever a man sows he would reap, so I believe there would still be a form of judgement by fire for total cleansing in the afterlife for such a sinner who repented at his/her deathbed.

Remember the person may have been a bandit, killing people and destroying families, then got arrested and sentenced to death. Just before the execution, he made sure to ask for forgiveness just to make heaven. God is not so foolish to grant such a person immediate heaven. Karma would still play it's role. Karma is a universal law set by God himself.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
ChocolateWine:

This is the sole reason why the church has lost its value over the years, because even criminals & prostitutes can have faith and get saved instantly (according to your teaching).

A church were all atrocities are being committed and it is covered by so called faith and mercy.

Is that how Jesus brought the church to us or is that how the apostles lived the faith?

Have you not started to teach things to suit the ears of the masses? 2 Tim 4:3

How did the church respond towards cases of ungodliness in the church in Bible times? Do you see any of that today?

What is faith? Faith simple means believe in Jesus and God.

Doesn't the Bible show us that the demons also believe in Christ and still shudder? James 2:19

Unless you have another definition for your so called acclaimed faith.

You have also not responded to the part of the scripture James 2:26?
Thank you jarry. The preaching that one can just simply ask for forgiveness on their deathbed and they gain it all at that moment is a strange one to me.

Also I wonder what faith is, without works of righteousness to show for it.

1 Like

Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by joshuaidibia(m): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
ojun50:

Na which bible you dey read

He's giving himself hope. Well, on that day (if there is actually one, many of us will be disappointed at what we discover)
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
ojun50:

Na which bible you dey read
So where is the justice if one of the bandits who killed the Greenfeld students in Kaduna get caught by the police today, was sentenced to death by the court, and just before the execution, he asked God for forgiveness for all sins, then voila goes to heaven. Is that Justice to you? Isn't the God of all the earth also the God of Justice?
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by eagleonearth(m): 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
Kukukillus:

there are exceptions. When one deliberately waits for the last minute, he will be disappointed but man who inadvertently lived an ungodly life can see the mercies of God in the last minute just like the thief beside Jesus at Calvary
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2021
eagleonearth:
there are exceptions. When one deliberately waits for the last minute, he will be disappointed but man who inadvertently lived an ungodly life can see the mercies of God in the last minute just like the thief beside Jesus at Calvary
The thief beside Jesus at Calvary was promised Paradise. He was with Jesus in Paradise that day, but Jesus did not remain in paradise forever, for after 3 days, he rose again from the dead and only 40 days later did he finally ascend to heaven according to the gospel stories. The man was shown mercy, that I agree with. The question here is, what does paradise mean? Is paradise a temporary resting place or the real kingdom of Heaven?
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by sotall(m): 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
GeneralDae:

my man, God is not mocked, whatever a man sows he would reap. The preaching that one can ask for forgiveness at the last minute is dangerous. It is thesame bible that says whatever a man sows he would reap, so I believe there would still be a form of judgement by fire for total cleansing in the afterlife for such a sinner who repented at his/her deathbed.
Remember the person may have been a bandit who killed people and destroyed families and then was arrested and sentenced to death, just before the execution, he made sure to ask for forgiveness just to make heaven. God is not so foolish to grant such a person immediate heaven. Karma would still play it's role. Karma is a universal law set by God himself.

Stop this belief!

Yes, there is a law of sowing and reaping but the grace and sacrifice of Jesus is superior to that law as far as heaven and earth is concerned.

Now I want you to understand something. According to the bible a man that killed one million people and a man that told a lie committed the same thing called sin. No sin is greater than the other. It is we humans who sees one sin and rate it over the other.

Now we also need to understand that earthly punishment for sins ends when a man dies. Most times this earthly punishment is from the government for those who committed crimes. Apart from this punishment, when a man dies the judgement will take place. If the man received Jesus and believed in his heart that Jesus died for his sins before he died on earth, then there is no punishment from God to him.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by sotall(m): 12:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
GeneralDae:

Thank you jarry. The preaching that one can just simply ask for forgiveness on their deathbed and they gain it all at that moment is a strange one to me.

We are not saved because of righteousness but by faith in Jesus.

Yes one can ask for forgiveness on their death bed and be saved. The ultimate punishment for sin is death. There is no greater punishment. But I need you to understand that God knows the heart of all men. If a man plans in his heart to wait till he is on the stick bed or about to die before receiving Jesus, what if death comes suddenly upon him without him knowing? That's a foolish thing to do.

Remember when Jesus said we shouldn't fear that which can only destroy the body and not the soul but we should fear God that can destroy both the body and soul.

It is being saved from the second punishment (punishment from God) of our sins that Christ came for not the earthly punishment. So if a man steals and he is convicted and sent to life imprisonment, he can receive christ and be saved while he serves his sentence.
He can even be freed if God decides to have compassion.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
sotall

Stop this belief!

Yes, there is a law of sowing and reaping but the grace and sacrifice of Jesus is superior to that law as far as heaven and earth is concerned.
Where do you get this from? Even Paul in the epistles tells you that whatever a man sows he would reap, even after Jesus had died. Even if we ignore Paul, where in the gospels did Jesus teach that his sacrifice is superior to the law of reaping and sowing ( a universal law)? Even Jesus tells us that if we want God to forgive us, we should forgive those who sin against us so that God would forgive us. You see that we have to do some things to earn God's forgiveness, and it is not about relying on the sacrifice or death of Jesus but on the will to forgive those who trespass against us. God also has conditions for the forgiveness of our sins, which are repentance and then forgiveness towards those who trespass against us. It is all about Karma, my man.

Now I want you to understand something. According to the bible a man that killed one million people and a man that told a lie committed the same thing called sin. No sin is greater than the other. It is we humans who sees one sin and rate it over the other.
Where again did you get this from? What bible are you reading for Heaven's sake? Even our common sense tells us that one who stole a piece of meat from his father's pot out of hunger cannot be compared to Bokoharam who kill people for fun. If you are correct, then why does Jesus say some people would be flogged stripes according to what they did? If all sins are thesame then what is the essence of God's Judgement, there would be no need to Judge men according to their deeds, but simply throw every sinner into hell? If God does not classify sin, then why does John say there is a sin that leads unto death? and why is Paul careful to warn us that the sin of fornication is also a sin against the body.
James does not tell us that all sins are thesame, he simply said we should not be hypocrites and we should keep God's laws to the full not neglecting one for another.

Now we also need to understand that earthly punishment for sins ends when a man dies. Most times this earthly punishment is from the government for those who committed crimes. Apart from this punishment, when a man dies the judgement will take place. If the man received Jesus and believed in his heart that Jesus died for his sins before he died on earth, then there is no punishment from God to him.
A man who can escape earthly punishment say for instance an Emperor who is a dictator of a powerful nation and cannot be punished by the law for his crimes, are you saying if he gives his life to christ just before his death, he becomes automatically saved?
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by Delababe: 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
For those arguing about last minute repentance ,both parties are correct ,God will be the one to judge cos He knows those who knew all along their actions on earth were evil but refused to repent instead telling themselves let me enjoy myself until last minute and He equally knows those who found themselves at the last minute repenting( not planned). God cant be fooled.

Now to Ada Jesus, i knew about her days before she died and i watched many of her videos on youtube and saw where she was telling someone she would visit a dibia and inflict the person with a deadly poison that eats up the legs of the sufferer . Another video where she said she was kill the person, now assuming she was just bluffing with no spiritual backing and i hear such statement about me, and I'm not the type that leaves things for God what do u think i would do. I watched another video where she said she planned those quarrel with those people. But then u went as far as mentioning names of herbalists in your video. How did she know all those herbalists in the first place. Its better you fight true men of God ,they might apply the teachings in the bible on you like " pray for your enemy" or even T. B. Joshua's favorite quote" let go of offence, you've no right to hold offence whether you are wrong or right" but on the contrary to fight with herbalists or pastors who do not know God , what do you expect. Ada attracted alot to herself and that was what her uncle was trying to correct of. I watched a video where her mother hugged and kissed her on her sick bed but she pushed her mother away. I think she was stubborn . Youths listen to people who try to correct you for your own good. Personally i feel she died of kidney and stroke. But for one to be sick and people taking ur matter to evil places and herbalists talking about your matter is also not a good thing.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
sotall

What is this faith in Jesus? Faith in Jesus is demonstrated by righteous works. Read Hebrews 11 to learn about the heroes of faith.

Yes one can ask for forgiveness on their death bed and be saved. The ultimate punishment for sin is death. There is no greater punishment
You are correct that the ultimate punishment of sin is death, but at the moment, in this imperfect world, it seems even the righteous die. Your point would be more valid if we see some people living forever already due to righteousness, but we still see all die, both the righteous and the wicked.

But I need you to understand that God knows the heart of all men. If a man plans in his heart to wait till he is on the stick bed or about to die before receiving Jesus, what if death comes suddenly upon him without him knowing? That's a foolish thing to do.
Yes but many people are willing to take the risk, and some people do take the risk.
There was a story of a Ghanian pastor who killed his wife late last year, the wife was shot on the spot and may have had no chance to ask for forgiveness of any sin whatsoever. The man was caught by the police and later judged for his crime, even if he would be sentenced to death, he still has all the time to ask for forgiveness. The lady may have been good all her life, but it is possible she made a mistake just before her death, while the man may have been a killer and fake pretentious pastor all his life.
According to your theory, this man would go to heaven forever, while his wife would be destined for everlasting hell. Don't you see how awkward this is? The teachings men attribute to God.

Remember when Jesus said we shouldn't fear that which can only destroy the body and not the soul but we should fear God that can destroy both the body and soul.
That simply means God is the ultimate judge, and those who escaped earthly punishment from earthly laws for their sins cannot escape the ultimate judge who would give unto every man according to his/her deeds.

It is being saved from the second punishment (punishment from God) of our sins that Christ came for not the earthly punishment. So if a man steals and he is convicted and sent to life imprisonment, he can receive christ and be saved while he serves his sentence.
I agree that christ came to give sinners a second chance, but you make it seem like the punishment from God is punishment only for a different type of sin. You make it seem like the ultimate goal of salvation is to receive christ only (whatever that means).
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by ChocolateWine(f): 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
sotall:

But that doesn't mean our righteousness doesn't count. Or is that also your teaching?

Of course we are sinners, all our righteousness can't save us, but God judges us by our effort to live by faith.

Saying just having faith is enough is wrong. The James 2:26 that you have been avoiding say, "As the body apart from the spirit is dead, even so faith apart from works is dead."

Our faith doesn't save us without works.

The criminal nailed beside him started to have faith and even demonstrated such faith by rebuking the other criminal.

The criminal would still be given a second chance to fully demonstrate that faith, that's why Jesus said to him that he would be with him in his kingdom.

Yes one can ask for forgiveness on their death bed and be saved.
Yes, but not for a clear willful sinners. God is not one to be mocked.

The ultimate punishment for sin is death. There is no greater punishment. But I need you to understand that God knows the heart of all men. If a man plans in his heart to wait till he is on the stick bed or about to die before receiving Jesus, what if death comes suddenly upon him without him knowing? That's a foolish thing to do.

This whole thing contradict your first statement
"The ultimate punishment for sin is death."

If death is the punishment for sin, why a second punishment. You think am now, is that logical?

Shebi you couldn't handle me you went to meet someone you can fight.

It's me and you today, until you accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior grin cheesy

Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by sotall(m): 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2021
GeneralDae:
sotall

Where do you get this from? Even Paul in the epistles tells you that whatever a man sows he would reap, even after Jesus had died. Even if we ignore Paul, where in the gospels did Jesus teach that his sacrifice is superior to the law of reaping and sowing ( a universal law)? Even Jesus tells us that if we want God to forgive us, we should forgive those who sin against us so that God would forgive us. You see that we have to do some things to earn God's forgiveness, and it is not about relying on the sacrifice or death of Jesus but on the will to forgive those who trespass against us. God also has conditions for the forgiveness of our sins, which are repentance and then forgiveness towards those who trespass against us. It is all about Karma, my man.

Where again did you get this from? What bible are you reading for Heaven's sake? Even our common sense tells us that one who stole a piece of meat from his father's pot out of hunger cannot be compared to Bokoharam who kill people for fun. If you are correct, then why does Jesus say some people would be flogged stripes according to what they did? If all sins are thesame then what is the essence of God's Judgement, there would be no need to Judge men according to their deeds, but simply throw every sinner into hell? If God does not classify sin, then why does John say there is a sin that leads unto death? and why is Paul careful to warn us that the sin of fornication is also a sin against the body.
James does not tell us that all sins are thesame, he simply said we should not be hypocrites and we should keep God's laws to the full not neglecting one for another.

A man who can escape earthly punishment say for instance an Emperor who is a dictator of a powerful nation and cannot be punished by the law for his crimes, are you saying if he gives his life to christ just before his death, he becomes automatically saved?

Just the way God's thought are higher than man's thought, so are his ways.

If men were God, a man who stole a meat from pot will recieve a lighter sentence than the one who killed. But with God all sins are equal. If you are found wanting in one, you are found wanting in all.

All sins lead to death which is the ultimate price for sin.

Right there on the cross, the thief only told Jesus to remember him and he was with Christ in his kingdom just as Christ promised. Remember the man was still punished for his sins ( punishment by man) by getting killed by the soldiers. That death is the earthly punishment called Karma.

If he hasn't receive Christ on that day, his soul will still be on the row of condemnation when Christ will come to judge the world.

So sin brings to things....earthly punishment (karma) which can be physical death or whatever problems our sin causes us.

The second one is the punishment after Christ's judgement. Now remember that by default, every human born of woman doesn't have eternal life anymore after Adam fell in the garden. Now if Christ didn't come to make the sacrifice he did, all humans born from Adam are condemned to death according to the instructions God gave Adam in the beginning. ( the day you shall eat this fruit, that day ye shall surely die). So only those that recieve Christ and believe he died for their sins will escape condemnation. This is the second punishment and is different from the punishment one receives for committing sin on earth.

Remember the bible describes two types of death...the physical death which is the one we see happening here. The second death is that which will come after Christ judgment.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by sotall(m): 3:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
GeneralDae:

Our righteousness doesn't save us. Only faith that Christ died for our sins saves us.

What works do you expect from a man on a sick bed than the man praying and believing that Christ died for his sins?

If you receive Christ and you still have life on earth , then continue in your righteousness and there is a great reward for it apart from eternal life which you get by believing in Jesus.

Saying one who doesn't do works cant get saved is a wrong teaching.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2021
sotall

Just the way God's thought are higher than man's thought, so are his ways.

If men were God, a man who stole a meat from pot will recieve a lighter sentence than the one who killed. But with God all sins are equal. If you are found wanting in one, you are found wanting in all.

Do you have proof for this? that with God all sins are equal? and please don't tell me you got this from the book of James, James never said all sins are equal in terms of God's punishment. He was only telling us not to be Hypocrites when keeping the law or by selecting what law to keep or not to keep, since it was thesame God who gave them all. The bible never said all sins are equal in terms of punishment else there would be no need for God to judge all men according to their deeds.

All sins lead to death which is the ultimate price for sin.
But in this world all men die. If you read matthew 25v31-46, the people who want to hell in that passage were judged for not feeding the hungry and taking care of the helpless. They knew what to do and did not do it, and it was counted against them as sin. So in that sense people are still judged by God even after death for the wrongs they do in this world, because as we know even Pastors and Popes die.

Right there on the cross, the thief only told Jesus to remember him and he was with Christ in his kingdom just as Christ promised. Remember the man was still punished for his sins ( punishment by man) by getting killed by the soldiers. That death is the earthly punishment called Karma.
The thief on the cross was to be with jesus that day in paradise, the bible never said he is in heaven yet. Besides, Jesus later left paradise in the grave, went to preach to the spirits in hades and afterwards resurrected. Only after 40 days did he ascend to heaven, yet the thief remained in paradise for all we know. Read your bible.
If death is the only earthly punishment, then why does God still judge people when they die, for the sins they committed on earth? If they have already being judged by dying e.g the book of Revelation says they are judged according to their deeds.

If he hasn't receive Christ on that day, his soul will still be on the row of condemnation when Christ will come to judge the world.
Anybody can say prayer to receive christ but only works of righteousness demonstrates the faith of that person. The judgement in Matthew 25v31 against those who go to hell was not about receiving christ but was about works.

The second one is the punishment after Christ's judgement. Now remember that by default, every human born of woman doesn't have eternal life anymore after Adam fell in the garden. Now if Christ didn't come to make the sacrifice he did, all humans born from Adam are condemned to death according to the instructions God gave Adam in the beginning. ( the day you shall eat this fruit, that day ye shall surely die). So only those that recieve Christ and believe he died for their sins will escape condemnation. This is the second punishment and is different from the punishment one receives for committing sin on earth.
This makes no sense from the bible. The judgement of God according to book of revelation as well as Matthew 25 was based on the earthly deeds of men, not based on just receiving christ, so that contradicts your theory that death only was sufficient as punishment for earthly crimes.

Remember the bible describes two types of death...the physical death which is the one we see happening here. The second death is that which will come after Christ judgmen
But even the judgement of the second death is still based on our deeds according to the bible.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by sotall(m): 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
GeneralDae:
sotall

Do you have proof for this? that with God all sins are equal? and please don't tell me you got this from the book of James, James never said all sins are equal in terms of God's punishment. He was only telling us not to be Hypocrites when keeping the law or by selecting what law to keep or not to keep, since it was thesame God who gave them all. The bible never said all sins are equal in terms of punishment else there would be no need for God to judge all men according to their deeds.

But in this world all men die. If you read matthew 25v31-46, the people who want to hell in that passage were judged for not feeding the hungry and taking care of the helpless. They knew what to do and did not do it, and it was counted against them as sin. So in that sense people are still judged by God even after death for the wrongs they do in this world, because as we know even Pastors and Popes die.

The thief on the cross was to be with jesus that day in paradise, the bible never said he is in heaven yet. Besides Jesus later left paradise in the grave, went to preach to the spirits in hades and afterwards resurrected. Only after 40 days did he ascend to heaven, yet the thief remained in paradise for all we know. Read your bible.
If death is the only earthly punishment, then why does God still judge people when they die, for the sins they committed on earth? If they have already being judged by dying e.g the book of Revelation says they are judged according to their deeds.

Anybody can say prayer to receive christ but only works of righteousness demonstrates the faith of that person. The judgement in Matthew 25v31 against those who go to hell was not about receiving christ but was about works.

This makes no sense from the bible. The judgement of God according to book of revelation as well as Matthew 25 was based on the earthly deeds of men, not based on just receiving christ, so that contradicts your theory that death only was sufficient as punishment for earthly crimes.

But even the judgement of the second death is still based on our deeds according to the bible.

You are arguing for arguing sake.

Right from the the time Adam committed sin, all humans born from sex lost eternal life. Man dying when he gets old is as a result of sin, likewise all sickness and disease also came as a result of that sin.

So the reason we still die (physical death)is because of that sin by Adam.

That's what Christ came to correct so that we can gain back what Adam lost i.e eternal life.

Now until Christ's second coming, both the righteous and sinners that have died will remain where they are. It's when he comes there will be a resurrection and then judgement.

So stop asking why righteous people still die.

Also I want you to understand that even if a man doesn't commit any sin at the moment but fails to receive Jesus and acknowledge his sacrifice for man, he is condemned.

That's the point you need to get. Getting eternal life through Jesus is all about accepting and believing him and is not about your righteousness.

If you are righteous without Christ, you are condemned.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
sotall:

You are arguing for arguing sake.

Right from the the time Adam committed sin, all humans born from sex lost eternal life. Man dying when he gets old is as a result of sin, likewise all sickness and disease also came as a result of that sin.

So the reason we still die (physical death)is because of that sin by Adam.

That's what Christ came to correct so that we can gain back what Adam lost i.e eternal life.

Now until Christ's second coming, both the righteous and sinners that have died will remain where they are. It's when he comes there will be a resurrection and then judgement.

So stop asking why righteous people still die.

Also I want you to understand that even if a man doesn't commit any sin at the moment but fails to receive Jesus and acknowledge his sacrifice for man, he is condemned.

That's the point you need to get. Getting eternal life through Jesus is all about accepting and believing him and is not about your righteousness.

If you are righteous without Christ, you are condemned.
You are not dealing with my points, you are just giving me same old theology in mainstream christianity and all you heard from your Pastor.

The bible said all men shall be judged according to their deeds, it never says they are judged solely for not receiving christ. Prove to me otherwise. Besides to receive christ is to obey his teachings. Matthew 25v31-46 tells us how God judged the goats who were separated from the sheep, they went to Hellfire for not showing love, not on whether they received christ or not. Besides, what does it even mean to receive christ if not to obey his teachings?

I am not asking why righteous people die, I am simply saying it contradicts your theory that physical death is the ultimate punishment for earthly crimes. If it is, then why does God still judge the souls of the dead for their earthly crimes according to the book of Revelation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eki Osagie Transformed Into Sam Loco (Late) By Hakeem Effect / Destiny Etiko Celebrates Her 32nd Birthday With Stunning Photos / Destiny Etiko Seduces Mr Ibu Again On Set Of 'Return Of Ezendiala' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.