Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. (64542 Views)

Five Things You Didn’t Know About Ada Jesus / #EndSARS: See What Davido Posted About Buhari That Can Put Him In Trouble (See h / Relative Uses Dead Body Of 'kay Low' To Curse SARS. Davido, Banky W React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by sotall(m): 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
GeneralDae:

You are not dealing with my points, you are just giving me same old theology in mainstream christianity and all you heard from your Pastor.

The bible said all men shall be judged according to their deeds, it never says they are judged solely for not receiving christ. Prove to me otherwise. Besides to receive christ is to obey his teachings. Matthew 25v31-46 tells us how God judged the goats who were separated from the sheep, they went to Hellfire for not showing love, not on whether they received christ or not. Besides, what does it even mean to receive christ if not to obey his teachings?

I am not asking why righteous people die, I am simply saying it contradicts your theory that physical death is the ultimate punishment for earthly crimes. If it is, then why does God still judge the souls of the dead for their earthly crimes according to the book of Revelation?

I am not here to argue religion with you. Hence I will only address questions which are in line with the initial post you are responding to.

There is no where I said physical death was the ultimate punishment for sin. Remove the word physical and you are on point. Death is the punishment for sin.

The first is the physical death which everyone of us will taste if Jesus doesn't come now. I have explained to you why we all will die a physical death ( Adam's sin). Either a human dies from getting old or dies from other causes, death is death.

Now the second death will come after Jesus Christ's judgement.

What will christ's judgement be all about?

First those who have recieved, accepted and believed him while they were still alive will be automatically saved irrespective of their deeds ( and punishment on earth )before they received him .

Those who didnt recieve him before their physical death are condemned already. It doesn't matter their deeds.
They are already condemned for Adam's sin before they were born. No need talking of what they did after growing older.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
sotall:

I am not here to argue religion with you. Hence I will only address questions which are in line with the initial post you are responding to.

There is no where I said physical death was the ultimate punishment for sin. Remove the word physical and you are on point. Death is the punishment for sin.

The first is the physical death which everyone of us will taste if Jesus doesn't come now. I have explained to you why we all will die a physical death ( Adam's sin). Either a human dies from getting old or dies from other causes, death is death.

Now the second death will come after Jesus Christ's judgement.

What will christ's judgement be all about?

First those who have recieved, accepted and believed him while they were still alive will be automatically saved irrespective of their deeds ( and punishment on earth )before they received him .

Those who didnt recieve him before their physical death are condemned already. It doesn't matter their deeds.
They are already condemned for Adam's sin before they were born. No need talking of what they did after growing older.
My point remain: The purpose of receiving christ is to obey his teachings. The Judgement at the end of the age is based on how well we obeyed christ. It is according to our deeds, it is not merely about believing only. This is what Matthew 25v31-46 speaks about. No where in that passage do you see those people being judged for not believing that christ died for their sins or stuff like that, they are judged on how well they obeyed the teachings of christ to show love.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by sotall(m): 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2021
GeneralDae:

My point remain: The purpose of receiving christ is to obey his teachings. The Judgement at the end of the age is based on how well we obeyed christ. It is according to our deeds, it is not merely about believing only. This is what Matthew 25v31-46 speaks about. No where in that passage do you see those people being judged for not believing that christ died for their sins or stuff like that, they are judged on how well they obeyed the teachings of christ to show love.

This arguement came from talking about a person who is on their death bed accepting Christ.

Now how does a person who is about to die do works to meet this your belief of works being a requirement for being saved?

Now you are talking about someone who still have earthly life to live. That's a different scenario.
In that case, after accepting and believing in Christ, you have to continue living your life according to his teaching. You cant say you believe and accept Jesus and you have life and you are continuing in sin.

But that's not the case with someone who is about to die.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
sotall:

This arguement came from talking about a person who is on their death bed accepting Christ.

Now how does a person who is about to die do works to meet this your belief of works being a requirement for being saved?

Now you are talking about someone who still have earthly life to live. That's a different scenario.
In that case, after accepting and believing in Christ, you have to continue living your life according to his teaching. You cant say you believe and accept Jesus and you have life and you are continuing in sin.

But that's not the case with someone who is about to die.
Someone who is about to die, who was not a willful sinner waiting for the last moment to accept christ but only genuinely recognised him by showing remorse for their sins and repenting from the heart only when it was too late, would go to Paradise at death. However, we do not know how God would judge them. The bible only tells us that they go to paradise, which is a temporary place and certainly not Heaven. It is possible that these spirits are kept in this section of the grave (without going to God immediately) in order to pay for their sins and be refined for the sins committed so they can be eligible to join the resurrection. God does not overlook sinful deeds but he is merciful.
It is possible that the grave is divided into paradise and hades (my theory), and Jesus went to both sections after death. He went to preach to the spirits in hades but first he went to paradise that day with the thief. God definitely has a plan for all these things and it's not black and white like you think.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by sotall(m): 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
GeneralDae:

Someone who is about to die, who was not a willful sinner waiting for the last moment to accept christ but only genuinely recognised him by showing remorse for their sins and repenting from the heart only when it was too late, would go to Paradise at death. However, we do not know how God would judge them. The bible only tells us that they go to paradise, which is a temporary place and certainly not Heaven. It is possible that these spirits are kept in this section of the grave (without going to God immediately) in order to pay for their sins and be refined for the sins committed so they can be eligible to join the resurrection. God does not overlook sinful deeds but he is merciful.
It is possible that the grave is divided into paradise and hades (my theory), and Jesus went to both sections after death. He went to preach to the spirits in hades but first he went to paradise that day with the thief. God definitely has a plan for all these things and it's not black and white like you think.

If you are a genuine Christian with the spirit of God working in you, you need no soothsayer to know that the thief that believed in Jesus right there on the cross has eternal life from Jesus from that singular act he displayed.

Remember the parable of the labourers, when the man paid all workers same amount. Those that have been working since morning collected same amount with those that just started working?

And Jesus Christ said thats how the kingdom of God is.

Hence, it's not for us humans or even Christians to ask God why those who received Christ on their sick bed get saved and those who have accepted Christ and still did works of righteousness get saved as well.

Its God's way and it is different from our ways.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by Faithful23(f): 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
No one know better than her family member
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by GeneralDae: 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
sotall

If you are a genuine Christian with the spirit of God working in you, you need no soothsayer to know that the thief that believed in Jesus right there on the cross has eternal life from Jesus from that singular act he displayed.
The bible deliberately used the word paradise rather than Heaven. Tell me something, after Jesus died did he go to heaven to be with God immediately? Paradise is a temporary place in the grave, only that it is not hades to the spirits there in this instance, it is bliss. The spirits in hades and or paradise still have a lot to learn about the kingdom of God.

Remember the parable of the labourers, when the man paid all workers same amount. Those that have been working since morning collected same amount with those that just started working?
You are conflating things here, that passage was about the gentiles and sinners on earth who did not know God but were finally accepted into the kingdom of God as belonging to the Heritage of Isreal. The pharisees would not imagine such because the jews have been the heirs of the kingdom. However, this parable is not saying that gentiles wouldn't be kept temporarily in the grave to be refined from their sins according to their works on earth even though they have been accepted by God.
Ask yourself this question, our forefathers who never heard of jesus, how would God judge them? Of course they would also be kept temporarily in the grave after death. They would be judged in the grave temporarily according to their conscience and works until the resurrection, which is the final judgement.

And Jesus Christ said thats how the kingdom of God is
I agree, but the passage is about God accepting latecomers which I already agreed to, the issue is how would God judge them? They are accepted but they stay in paradise and would have to grow.

Its God's way and it is different from our ways.
God's ways are always consistent with his laws and they are always fair. Thesame way God would not abandon our forefathers who never heard of christ but would give them a second chance.
After death comes judgement, but why do you assume that God's judgement is a one off thing? I believe the sinful souls that turn to God in repentance at death escape condemnation but are still being refined by God in Holy fire according to the weight of their sins, while others are kept in paradise but not in Abraham's bosom yet until they get to that level.
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by Taduma1(f): 10:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
Kukukillus:
The bitter truth is that no man can make Peace with God at the last minutes, it has to be before the last minutes long enough to clear your karma. God is not a fool. smiley

sir/ma'am, God is merciful just remember the thief at the right hand, twas last minute grace and he got saved. God rest her soul
Re: What A Close Relative Posted About Ada Jesus. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
religion has seriously eaten the full lobes of many Africans' brains. Chai. Whoever said prayer is for the weak, cowardly and lazy was really right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Checkout Davido’s Stupendous Car Collection / Linda Ikeji And Her Son, Jayce Jeremi Fly Private Jet To Sandra's Wedding / Eki Osagie Transformed Into Sam Loco (Late) By Hakeem Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.