Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences (19997 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by 1F30M4(f): 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
toluleke:
I remember dubbing a guy then and there was one particular question he was answering which i had a little idea of i told the guy he is writing nonsense.. the guy replied ki iwe sha ti pun cry (just make sure you fill your book) I fail the course though since then i dey read enter exam hall. When i was in 500L the guy still dey take 100L courses e no dey take any course with us at all.

"Ki iwe sha ti pun" grin grin grin my chest ooo, kuku kee me.. Won maa n san owo skool gbogbo igba smh, dah guy go need better nodding for exam hall then strong 2×2 plank after exam.
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Drizzy5001(m): 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
No exam has ever made me shed tears, once exam is over I sort the lecturer and go my fvcking way. I no want stress jare!

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by 1F30M4(f): 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2021
Zico5:
I remember my experience in Federal polytechnic, Ede about 15 years ago. Anytime I remember this experience I always felt a kind of anxiety and fear cos I will never be where I am today if I was rusticated from that school then cos that ND certificate was the stepping stone to where I am today. I was in statistics department and everyone knows that that school withdraw students like kilode. I have a friend I met in ND 1, he repeated the class when we met. We became closed friend when the first semester results came out. Nothing like checking results online like today. The school would paste result for everyone to see with ur matric no. So everyone knew his/her stand in the class. When we got to second semester ND 2, the final paper. The guy begged me to teach him one applied statistics. We went to a class for the tutorial, and the guy gave me about three questions to solve. I solve the questions in a sheet of paper because we were alone. He took the sheet away to further study it for the paper the second day.
Though we were supposed to sit in the same class for the examination but due to spacing I was asked to go to the next class. He thought I was in the same class with him not knowing I have been moved to the next class. I was surprised to see that I was writing the same questions the guy gave me yesterday to solve. I was about to finish when my name was called outside that a guy implicated me that I gave him the answer to the question. I was froze cos I couldn't understand. The invigilator gave me the sheet of paper to recognise if it was my handwriting, I affirmed it and told him what really happened. They asked how I got to the class and the invigilator in my class affirmed he put me in the class cos my former class was filled up and nobody got out. They called the guy and he said I gave him the paper to write in the exam hall. I had started crying cos I did not understand what was going on. It was the lecture in my class that stood his ground that the guy was telling lies that he should be held properly to know where he got the questions he gave me to solve. To cut the story short, he confessed that a brother to the lecturer who was his friend gave him the questions. I just thank God for his mercy, assuming I was in the same class with him that was how I would have been implicated. Though he was rusticated eventually but this experience made me to know the power of God. I gave testimony in my fellowship about this event.

I'm sooo glad God came through for you.. Keep basking in His glory.
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Skinkerjnr(m): 10:47pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ah... engineering survey dah yr(300l)i was ready,my A sure for dat course,i dn enta hall mske i start calculation one snr colleague by my side say en go pay me make i help am i said no wahala......to cut d long story short yuri go ask me how dem dey take solve d calculations i go tell am but if i start my own...na bloody mistakes i go d do to d extent i had to start using pencil..still my village people prevailed...just came oit of d hall and i started shedding tears....it was funny though.mouau no fit kill me
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by FirstbornWds: 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
saphiere:
lalasticlala rule 2

Lol. Try harder
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by luminouz(m): 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
300 level! I crammed like mad! Got into the hall and blanked out.

It was the first time I understood what it meant to blank out.

People were codedly copying and whispering answers to each other, but I've never been able to do that stuff. Moreover I was at the front seat.

For like 15 minutes, I bent my head pretending to be sick!

Omo, I was crying o! I'd never felt so hepless. And I couldn't breathe! Literal heart attack. No jokes! It was like I was staring at failure and I couldn't do absolutely anything about it. I started muttering prayers! LOL!

When I was done weeping and praying, I braced up, forced myself to put down what I could put down. Had a C in that course.

It was particularly painful because I read that material. May history never repeat itself again!
Ehyaaaah...Donna babe!!!

Want a sharwarma take out wink grin

1 Like

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Starboytwo(m): 10:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
i always prepare for all papers. 4 years and i almost did not engage in any expo except soc207, its a borrowed course, till date i never understood that subject or why i dey do am. i carry am enter 400. on my 3rd try at 400l, i knew say na die be this. i no bother read am, i no fit understand, instead i went to their deoartment and i found a young nigga who was tutoring some groups, i waited till he done and i strike a deal with him. i copy you and i give you stuffs. we agreed.

Next day, 8am, exam starts. i enter sit down beside guy. everything good. exam paper in my hand, i winked to my cvonnevct say we still dey ? he nodded. confirm. waiting for answer script from the man sharing, next ting i felt a hand on my shoulder, the guy behind me be like, ' hey boss, waiting be today's date, i looked back and be like 'oga i nor know, exact time lecturer came in and took me out of my sit to.

bre continued

4 Likes

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Thobie85: 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2021
chatinent:
Mine: Odogwu requested I helped him during our Statistics exams.

I told Odogwu he'll have to sit close because I wouldn't want anything to happen to a four-credit load papper. Odogwu obliged.

During exams, oga Lance (invigilator) made Odugwu sit far off from me. Now this was the problem. Odogwu was asking me to throw him “mgbo.” How could I? Sb who went through thick and thin to be in school rusticated after several years? I thought it over..and signalled he asked people around him.

I was done with mine.

As I made to submit, Odogwu got up angrily and without me realising, got my papper, torn it in my face and tore his.

I literally ran mad.

To make matters worse, he pushed my chest in challenge. My anger bar was full now.

I borrowed him a quick punch to his jaw..and we were separated.

Ha, I realised I have f-ed up for (1) Being an accomplice to attenpted malpractice, and (2) Fighting.

The Sarge tell us say make we zero the paper say we no write am. “In fact, assume you didn't take this exam” he resounded.

They took us to the front of the hall to stand and watch “reasonable students” finish their paper.

Oh, my last paper.

I literally cried.

After everything, and every sacrifice!

I was urinating sth else..with a mixture of anxiety, fear, and depression.

I was watching my dreams pass me slowly.

They took us pictures, and under duress, we were told to fill the malpractice form. Tears was flowing freely from my eye and wetting the papper.

My school paid invigilators some money (we heard ₦50k) for each students caught during malpractice.

Since my stay in the school, no one has survived filling a malpractice form.

They didn't let us explain.

Odogwu didn't mind. Las las he was no sad..after all no bi only am.

In mid-thoughts whether to go and learn tailoring, or open a barber's shop, Mrs Jacintha (God bless this woman) called me and asked why I wasn't writing.

She na senior lady for the school.

I explained everything without leaving any stones unturned.

She ordered I be reinstated, tore my already filled malpractice form, and yelled at the invigilators that “ they should have allowed me speak. I do not engage in malpractice, and I was a well-behaved student.” My heart somer-tumbled in joy!

Immediately, they sent for my Statistics lecturer which he affirmed..and even called the invigilators insensitive.

I had never felt so much joy.

That was the period I realised people are always watching you even when you don't really know.

Odogwu began shedding crocodile tears and begging for a revisit of his case and told them the truth, when they told him was the only key for revisitation.

I fear human beings that day. The same guy who was incriminating me!

Long story short...
He carried the course over instead of a rustication.

-------------------

Please, share yours.

Mine happened when I was writing my HND 1 second semester exam.. Productive management...

I use to be a brilliant student then... A day to d exam I taught people from morning till night all d lecturer told us to read nd all d foolish man's past question...

Then d D day... I walked into d exam hall as if say na me set d question... Buh lo nd behold wen d question was shared... What we all saw is fucking different for wot we read all day nd still have sleepless night for....

For like 30min I was just blank... racking my brain just to see something write... Finally I sha dey write small small...

Just remembered all those I taught... Wot will these guys...

Wen result come out sha... I got CD nd most of them failed d course...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by macdammy(m): 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2021
jimmyolasun:
hmm

there in the Hall I sat happily after hours of copying my efiko friend in an exam before we got to know that the objective exam was in "types".. my efiko friend is type b while mine was type e(same questions but re arranged answers). me I just dey tick a,b,c,d dey go.

naa from front dey announced correction for a particular question,naa there all our eyes open.

we should have seen the red flags

1. you paint your answers with pen on the question paper so no erasing.

2. the socio distancing no too much. we all thought we hit jackpot.

on realising say we Don do rubbish, and no way to make amendment. na im dey announce 10minutes more!!

tho I no fit cry, I just sat there helpless wishing I had prepared for the exam as I watch my future dey evaporate as the remaining 10 minutes dey tick tock dey go... naa that day I know wetin depression be. right from inside the Hall everything just change. my soul literally left my body.

I failed the course woefully

The only truthful person in this thread grin cheesy
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Akinola100: 11:10pm On Apr 24, 2021
greggng:
For those saying men dont shade tears , they should ve a rethink. Mine was like this. I didn't have money to buy a financial accounting hand out ...so I photocopied a friend own and downloaded it in my head . In same hand out , the lecturer has already installed a sheet of paper where you start writing your test from . Because I photocopied, I didn't have such ....he equally signed on it so that people won't fake it ...I did my test on another paper and he didn't complain ...I thought I have escaped untill on the day of our exam... the lady sitting next to me asked me to assist her with an answer to a particular question ....which I gladly did...not knowing that the lecturer was behind me....he didn't waste time in circling my paper and writing minus 30 remarks ...infact , I didn't know how tears started coming down.....that lecturer is very wicked ....the word mercy is not in his book....I started crying cos I know I am in deep mess... I know many of you would like to hear what he told me while I was crying ...if you 're interested mention me.....I have not forgotten what he told me till date
Boss.
what happened.
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Laurene: 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
Asadujames202:

Lol
Fist year BIO 151 A prerequisite course
I failed I caused it though

100 OBJ questions Time Frame 1 hour

I used 5 minutes to tackle one question
Boom Investigator, signalled 5 minutes remaining

Oh mine I was still at number 30

Had to rush things through

Result came out
I got a well deserved miserable 35 That was an F ( red one though)
To further compound my woes Extra one year A gift for failing a prerequisite course

Following year went back to retake the course
I Refused to read this time around,

Exam over Result out
Got rewarded with a B for refusing to prepare for the exam

did you school in UNN?

1 Like

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by 1F30M4(f): 11:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
Na 200L embryology dah year.. With those "borrowed" GSS courses like NPC, etcetera, I still think sey na 100L I dey.. Na Prof. Udemezue(of blessed memory now) officially welcome me to 200L..

Im must come exam hall anyday wey we get im paper, infact na im dey arrange every every still invigilate.. Sooo dah day, we don dey wait for am since 2pm, we no see am.. Everybody don dey happy sey las las dah exam no go hold.. Omo naim dis man jus rush in around 5pm, wey everybody don already commot mind, im no even give us time & everywhere don dey dark small small..

We write dah exam o but we carry am over sha, after pesin don chop how many okpa sef, drink mineral ontop all the night reading, class revision abeg abeg the flesh & spirit is not willing again, lataaro both of them are tired jare.. Na for chapel my cry start, carryover yen ja mi lara je, after all my preparation, e pain me enter bone marrow.. Olowogbogboro se iyanu ni second sitting smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Stevyne: 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
Rareoil:

German question how ?
Asin the question has no options!
Na you go fill the answer yourself

1 Like

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Lilphat: 11:28pm On Apr 24, 2021
Oh
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingLion007(m): 11:31pm On Apr 24, 2021
chatinent:
Mine: Odogwu requested I helped him during our Statistics exams.

I told Odogwu he'll have to sit close because I wouldn't want anything to happen to a four-credit load papper. Odogwu obliged.

During exams, oga Lance (invigilator) made Odugwu sit far off from me. Now this was the problem. Odogwu was asking me to throw him “mgbo.” How could I? Sb who went through thick and thin to be in school rusticated after several years? I thought it over..and signalled he asked people around him.

I was done with mine.

As I made to submit, Odogwu got up angrily and without me realising, got my papper, torn it in my face and tore his.

I literally ran mad.

To make matters worse, he pushed my chest in challenge. My anger bar was full now.

I borrowed him a quick punch to his jaw..and we were separated.

Ha, I realised I have f-ed up for (1) Being an accomplice to attenpted malpractice, and (2) Fighting.

The Sarge tell us say make we zero the paper say we no write am. “In fact, assume you didn't take this exam” he resounded.

They took us to the front of the hall to stand and watch “reasonable students” finish their paper.

Oh, my last paper.

I literally cried.

After everything, and every sacrifice!

I was urinating sth else..with a mixture of anxiety, fear, and depression.

I was watching my dreams pass me slowly.

They took us pictures, and under duress, we were told to fill the malpractice form. Tears was flowing freely from my eye and wetting the papper.

My school paid invigilators some money (we heard ₦50k) for each students caught during malpractice.

Since my stay in the school, no one has survived filling a malpractice form.

They didn't let us explain.

Odogwu didn't mind. Las las he was no sad..after all no bi only am.

In mid-thoughts whether to go and learn tailoring, or open a barber's shop, Mrs Jacintha (God bless this woman) called me and asked why I wasn't writing.

She na senior lady for the school.

I explained everything without leaving any stones unturned.

She ordered I be reinstated, tore my already filled malpractice form, and yelled at the invigilators that “ they should have allowed me speak. I do not engage in malpractice, and I was a well-behaved student.” My heart somer-tumbled in joy!

Immediately, they sent for my Statistics lecturer which he affirmed..and even called the invigilators insensitive.

I had never felt so much joy.

That was the period I realised people are always watching you even when you don't really know.

Odogwu began shedding crocodile tears and begging for a revisit of his case and told them the truth, when they told him was the only key for revisitation.

I fear human beings that day. The same guy who was incriminating me!

Long story short...
He carried the course over instead of a rustication.

-------------------

Please, share yours.

Statistics one of my best then...Spearman's rank correlation and the likes...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingLion007(m): 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2021
shadelek:
Omo exam fever is real oo..
It all happened when I was sitting for ACC 409 (Principles and Practice of Auditing).
Man don read well until when I got to the examination hall.
Naso man forgot everything man read. At 400 level, I was shedding tears until when one of the invigilators told me to relax for some minutes.
Lol and behold, I made "C" in that course.
Kai, the cramming is not the best way to read for an examination, once you forget am like this, it'll take time to get it right.
Cramming at its best bro..not good at all though av seen sm dude crams and cnt forget it until dem pour am out
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingLion007(m): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
300 level! I crammed like mad! Got into the hall and blanked out.

It was the first time I understood what it meant to blank out.

People were codedly copying and whispering answers to each other, but I've never been able to do that stuff. Moreover I was at the front seat.

For like 15 minutes, I bent my head pretending to be sick!

Omo, I was crying o! I'd never felt so hepless. And I couldn't breathe! Literal heart attack. No jokes! It was like I was staring at failure and I couldn't do absolutely anything about it. I started muttering prayers! LOL!

When I was done weeping and praying, I braced up, forced myself to put down what I could put down. Had a C in that course.

It was particularly painful because I read that material. May history never repeat itself again!
Amen

1 Like

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingLion007(m): 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
toluleke:
I remember dubbing a guy then and there was one particular question he was answering which i had a little idea of i told the guy he is writing nonsense.. the guy replied ki iwe sha ti pun cry (just make sure you fill your book) I fail the course though since then i dey read enter exam hall. When i was in 500L the guy still dey take 100L courses e no dey take any course with us at all.
LMAO
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Amanda4life: 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
WHEN I WAS CAUGHT WITH EXPO ON MY LAPS

E shock u?
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Amanda4life: 11:47pm On Apr 24, 2021
WHEN MY BOYFRIEND REFUSED TO HELP ME DURING EXAM JUST BECAUSE. ,A FEMALE INVIGILATOR WAS STANDING BESIDE HIM

1 Like

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingLion007(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
Pk01:
guy e no rich maths/stat...na with E ,D and stable prayers and fasting guys dey take pass ....I no go that school again jor
Agree but my those 2 my fav.though apart from my petroleum courses.
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by ghettochild(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
KingTom:
It was Biochemistry, and boys don arrange formation finish say make dem align rub minds at all at all. The CURSE wey nobody dey get A or B, you too wise na C you go carry. We just wan carry our D or E fall out na so one girl just shout 'sir these boys are making noise here, I can't concentrate, omo dem come separate us... mehn begin dey cry like small pikin, to add insult to injury I recall as the lecturer dey chance for class say he no dey ask dunce questions say anybody wey dey unfortunate to get him own section (Type B) because na 3 different kinds of scripts dem share, say that person don die... you go come see questions in reverse. Long story short we passed the exams because in our collective reading class na wetin we read na wetin comot. grin grin grin
Biochem... i go do that course over n over again.. e sweet
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingLion007(m): 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2021
Asadujames202:

Lol

Fist year
BIO 151
A prerequisite course

I failed
I caused it though

100 OBJ questions
Time Frame 1 hour

I used 5 minutes to tackle one question

Boom
Investigator, signalled 5 minutes remaining

Oh mine
I was still at number 30

Had to rush things through

Result came out

I got a well deserved miserable 35
That was an F ( red one though)

To further compound my woes
Extra one year
A gift for failing a prerequisite course

Following year went back to retake the course

I Refused to read this time around,

Exam over
Result out

Got rewarded with a B for refusing to prepare for the exam

In otherwords..you sort it out moneyishly
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by adeskee(m): 11:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
Starboytwo:
i always prepare for all papers. 4 years and i almost did not engage in any expo except soc207, its a borrowed course, till date i never understood that subject or why i dey do am. i carry am enter 400. on my 3rd try at 400l, i knew say na die be this. i no bother read am, i no fit understand, instead i went to their deoartment and i found a young nigga who was tutoring some groups, i waited till he done and i strike a deal with him. i copy you and i give you stuffs. we agreed.

Next day, 8am, exam starts. i enter sit down beside guy. everything good. exam paper in my hand, i winked to my cvonnevct say we still dey ? he nodded. confirm. waiting for answer script from the man sharing, next ting i felt a hand on my shoulder, the guy behind me be like, ' hey boss, waiting be today's date, i looked back and be like 'oga i nor know, exact time lecturer came in and took me out of my sit to.

bre continued

pls continue this your story got me really bad
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingLion007(m): 11:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
Pk01:
...baba no bi say guys no dey read ooh ...for my school na 7 people dey graduate ooh ...my set is like na 10 people go graduate next year out 35 ...

haaa aaa on God!
Abeg which sch b dt boss?
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingLion007(m): 12:04am On Apr 25, 2021
femi4:
Engineering drawing Eng 231

This guy struggled with borderline and title block till the end of the paper cry
Lol..menh Engrn.drawing my pained
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by EbenezerTriumph: 12:23am On Apr 25, 2021
KingLennon:
Emeka clean my name and reg.no carry my script submit o....

Anywhere I see am we go still dey fight o....

omo see wickedness shocked
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by EbenezerTriumph: 12:34am On Apr 25, 2021
saphiere:
lala.sticlala seu.n justwis.e myn.d44 this guy just returned from ban and has broken rule 2 again.
Sarah Theophilus stop sleeping with married men
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by BarristerAlarig: 12:34am On Apr 25, 2021
femi4:
Engineering drawing Eng 231

This guy struggled with borderline and title block till the end of the paper cry

Impossible!!! Why didn't you draw what looks like your neighbour's? That's what I did.
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KidDarkness(m): 12:43am On Apr 25, 2021
Amanda4life:
WHEN I WAS CAUGHT WITH EXPO ON MY LAPS

E shock u?
Tattoo. I saw laps tire during my time in school. Girls wey dey wear jean trousers steady start to dey wear flay skirts during exam period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Disclaimer: False News About UNILAG GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS Being Trapped At Sango / OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage / WASSCE: Osun Begs Former N-power Teachers To Resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.