Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences (19978 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Asadujames202(m): 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
Pk01:
guy e no rich maths/stat...na with E ,D and stable prayers and fasting guys dey take pass ....I no go that school again jor

Fist year
BIO 151
A prerequisite course

I failed
I caused it though

100 OBJ questions
Time Frame 1 hour

I used 5 minutes to tackle one question

Boom
Investigator, signalled 5 minutes remaining

Oh mine
I was still at number 30

Had to rush things through

Result came out

I got a well deserved miserable 35
That was an F ( red one though)

To further compound my woes
Extra one year
A gift for failing a prerequisite course

Following year went back to retake the course

I Refused to read this time around,

Exam over
Result out

Got rewarded with a B for refusing to prepare for the exam

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by greggng: 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
The lecturer gave me a handkerchief to clean my tears ....he mocked me and called me Efico ....slangs used for brilliant person ....he continued by mocking me ...telling me .,don't worry u are intelligent ...u will pass...clean your tears. Unfortunately my tears couldn't stop ....I kept crying untill he dropped the bomb....He said ...WHEN YOU SET A GOAL , YOU PURSUE IT RUGGEDLY ...The interpretation of his statement is the secret to whatever success I have recorded in life. .

After the exam I went spiritual ....I visited two churches where I did fasting and prayers ....God did it for me , I came out in flying colours ...The lecturer later became my friend cos I taught some of his students during their preparation for Nabteb exam...I don't know if I got the spelling right .I was told is an exam that is equivalent to waec or necco. This lecturer has a private tutorial centre where he solicited for my help ..PLS DONT FORGET HIS WORDS ......WHEN U SET A GOAL PURSUE IT RUGGEDLY ...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
I didn't shed tears, but i felt stupid. it was actually while i wrote a test ''phy 201'' i finished even before the examiner said 'stop writing and submit your papers'', Am very sure if i had submitted my paper i would have scored least 27/30, As i was about to submit, there was this stupid olodo girl that held my hand and told me, i should please allow her copy my answers, i sat down and allowed her, even while the lecturer was shouting 'Go and submit your papers' As i was about to stand up again this girl held my hand and was begging me while copying my answers, from no where this lecturer snatched my paper from the desk and tore it to pieces, with his teeth while this girl ran away with her paper and silently went to submit her's. i was in shock for like a minute, Can you imagine this girl couldn't even tell me sorry at least. I wanted to cry, i had so much regrets in mind, luckily for me i wrote the exam and scored 50/70 a 'C' without an assesment cry cry cry Fear woman.

26 Likes

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Ajibade123(m): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
chatinent:
Mine: Odogwu requested I helped him during our Statistics exams.

I told Odogwu he'll have to sit close because I wouldn't want anything to happen to a four-credit load papper. Odogwu obliged.

During exams, oga Lance (invigilator) made Odugwu sit far off from me. Now this was the problem. Odogwu was asking me to throw him “mgbo.” How could I? Sb who went through thick and thin to be in school rusticated after several years? I thought it over..and signalled he asked people around him.

I was done with mine.

As I made to submit, Odogwu got up angrily and without me realising, got my papper, torn it in my face and tore his.

I literally ran mad.

To make matters worse, he pushed my chest in challenge. My anger bar was full now.

I borrowed him a quick punch to his jaw..and we were separated.

Ha, I realised I have f-ed up for (1) Being an accomplice to attenpted malpractice, and (2) Fighting.

The Sarge tell us say make we zero the paper say we no write am. “In fact, assume you didn't take this exam” he resounded.

They took us to the front of the hall to stand and watch “reasonable students” finish their paper.

Oh, my last paper.

I literally cried.

After everything, and every sacrifice!

I was urinating sth else..with a mixture of anxiety, fear, and depression.

I was watching my dreams pass me slowly.

They took us pictures, and under duress, we were told to fill the malpractice form. Tears was flowing freely from my eye and wetting the papper.

My school paid invigilators some money (we heard ₦50k) for each students caught during malpractice.

Since my stay in the school, no one has survived filling a malpractice form.

They didn't let us explain.

Odogwu didn't mind. Las las he was no sad..after all no bi only am.

In mid-thoughts whether to go and learn tailoring, or open a barber's shop, Mrs Jacintha (God bless this woman) called me and asked why I wasn't writing.

She na senior lady for the school.

I explained everything without leaving any stones unturned.

She ordered I be reinstated, tore my already filled malpractice form, and yelled at the invigilators that “ they should have allowed me speak. I do not engage in malpractice, and I was a well-behaved student.” My heart somer-tumbled in joy!

Immediately, they sent for my Statistics lecturer which he affirmed..and even called the invigilators insensitive.

I had never felt so much joy.

That was the period I realised people are always watching you even when you don't really know.

Odogwu began shedding crocodile tears and begging for a revisit of his case and told them the truth, when they told him was the only key for revisitation.

I fear human beings that day. The same guy who was incriminating me!

Long story short...
He carried the course over instead of a rustication.

-------------------

Please, share yours.

bro which school is that??
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Pk01(m): 9:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
Asadujames202:

Fist year
BIO 151
A prerequisite course

I failed
I caused it though

100 OBJ questions
Time Frame 1 hour

I used 5 minutes to tackle one question

Boom
Investigator, signalled 5 minutes remaining

Oh mine
I was still at number 30

Had to rush things through

Result came out

I got a well deserved miserable 35
That was an F ( red one though)

To further compound my woes
Extra one year
A gift for failing a prerequisite course

Following year went back to retake the course

I Refused to read this time around,

Exam over
Result out

Got rewarded with a B for refusing to prepare for the exam

...baba no bi say guys no dey read ooh ...for my school na 7 people dey graduate ooh ...my set is like na 10 people go graduate next year out 35 ...

haaa aaa on God!
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by jaeyking(m): 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2021
KingTom:
It was Biochemistry, and boys don arrange formation finish say make dem align rub minds at all at all. The CURSE wey nobody dey get A or B, you too wise na C you go carry. We just wan carry our D or E fall out na so one girl just shout 'sir these boys are making noise here, I can't concentrate, omo dem come separate us... mehn begin dey cry like small pikin, to add insult to injury I recall as the lecturer dey chance for class say he no dey ask dunce questions say anybody wey dey unfortunate to get him own section (Type B) because na 3 different kinds of scripts dem share, say that person don die... you go come see questions in reverse. Long story short we passed the exams because in our collective reading class na wetin we read na wetin comot. grin grin grin

everybody don cram different structures abi
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by jaeyking(m): 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2021
Obioramichael:
The day I was sent out of exam hall because I was showing one babe I was crushing on my script.. I nearly cried because I was sure of making an A if I had written everything
.. That I passed that course if only by God's grace

if I have not finished.
I no go show you anything

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by coldFLARES1(m): 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
Thank God, His mercies stay forever!

Was 300L first semester some many years ago. Was a SHELL scholar, young and dangerously indulged in gambling. Wasted more than my sponsorship and what my parents capacity could carry before it was mid-semester. Popsie didn't know his favorite son was a gambler, but out of deep concern for my endless demands for money, he reminded me of the son of whom I was and added that at that rate, I may drop out. He gave me some small change to go manage.

Because, I loved my dad and seeing how worried I was making him feel, I decided I would change. Unfortunately, I went back to gambling and lost everything under a week, about 2 weeks to exams.

Nonetheless, I decided not to go back home and approached a female friend to assist with feeding me till the end of the semester. grin.

Babes agreed on the condition that she would always sit beside me all through the exams. In my small mind, I felt relieved until exams started and a new seating arrangement saw male and female course mates writing in different halls.

When, after the first paper, I went to her place to see if my stomach could get some palliatives, babes simply told me our agreement stood nullified by the new enforced seating arrangements. I quite understood and left very worried.

Implications was that while others who had supplies settled to prepare for exams, I was wandering like a herdsman looking for someone to just help with a meal. Painfully, quite a lot of peeps I went to dismissed me as simply wanting to disturb their concentration and preparation since they say I was bright. Hungry beat me tire!

There was this course I was an authority in, and its date came. I was in the hall having had just two handful of garri and some water for breakfast and was already seeing angels and demons.

Papers were shared, I read the questions; things I would have aced on a good day. But see me! I could not prepare because I was wandering all over the campus looking for someone to feed me a meal. I could not answer any question!

In desperation, I was begging a coursemate to assist me with answers. He declined, stressing that he didn't want rustication for exams malpractice.

Seeing what gambling did to me and knowing that it was hunger that brought me to that sorry position, na so I burst cry inside hall; got up went to submit my papers and left.

I had a GPA of 2.11 as reward for my indiscretion.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Bejusttoall: 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2021
Zico5:
I remember my experience in Federal polytechnic, Ede about 15 years ago. Anytime I remember this experience I always felt a kind of anxiety and fear cos I will never be where I am today if I was rusticated from that school then cos that ND certificate was the stepping stone to where I am today. I was in statistics department and everyone knows that that school withdraw students like kilode. I have a friend I met in ND 1, he repeated the class when we met. We became closed friend when the first semester results came out. Nothing like checking results online like today. The school would paste result for everyone to see with ur matric no. So everyone knew his/her stand in the class. When we got to second semester ND 2, the final paper. The guy begged me to teach him one applied statistics. We went to a class for the tutorial, and the guy gave me about three questions to solve. I solve the questions in a sheet of paper because we were alone. He took the sheet away to further study it for the paper the second day.
Though we were supposed to sit in the same class for the examination but due to spacing I was asked to go to the next class. He thought I was in the same class with him not knowing I have been moved to the next class. I was surprised to see that I was writing the same questions the guy gave me yesterday to solve. I was about to finish when my name was called outside that a guy implicated me that I gave him the answer to the question. I was froze cos I couldn't understand. The invigilator gave me the sheet of paper to recognise if it was my handwriting, I affirmed it and told him what really happened. They asked how I got to the class and the invigilator in my class affirmed he put me in the class cos my former class was filled up and nobody got out. They called the guy and he said I gave him the paper to write in the exam hall. I had started crying cos I did not understand what was going on. It was the lecture in my class that stood his ground that the guy was telling lies that he should be held properly to know where he got the questions he gave me to solve. To cut the story short, he confessed that a brother to the lecturer who was his friend gave him the questions. I just thank God for his mercy, assuming I was in the same class with him that was how I would have been implicated. Though he was rusticated eventually but this experience made me to know the power of God. I gave testimony in my fellowship about this event.

God be praised o. I also graduated from Ede. Great school indeed

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by KingTom(m): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2021
jaeyking:

everybody don cram different structures abi
You know what's up grin
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Zico5(m): 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
Bejusttoall:

God be praised o. I also graduated from Ede. Great school indeed
God bless u my brother.
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by quinSonia(f): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2021
saphiere:
I don't shed tears during exams. My future cannot be defined by a paper.
I go in there and write what I know. Then leave the rest to God.

I LOVE YOU
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by charlesucheh(m): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2021
It happened during our 400level 1st semester examination. This colleague of mine was with chokes (expo), and immediately he was sited by an assistant lecturer who was invigilating at that time, he threw the paper in his mouth and left the invigilator stunned to the point that he (the invigilator) had to hurriedly hook the man ( who was above his 40's) by the throat to prevent him from swallowing the potential exhibit which would have ended his (the student) career in my school and accord the lecturer some incentives which my school had promised to any lecturer who tenders a cheater with physical evidence.

But has it went down hilariously, while the lecturer was busy holding tight to this mans throat, the man was calmly making sure the chokes goes down his stomach which was achieved. while ladies were yelling for the lecturer to leave the mans throat, I was busy laughing and crying at same time cos na we know wetin been dey sup. others just thought there was a physical confrontation between the lecturer and the Man. And at the end, the man saved his B.sc cert, due to the fact that the lecturer couldn't get any evidence to prosecute him in front of the school's Senate. the student blatantly denied possessing any expo and left the lecturer looking stupid. After the class, we all went to congratulate him, cos we knew how it would have ended should he not have swallowed that bomb!

My reaction: was both crying and laughing.. walahi!!!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Rareoil(m): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
Stevyne:
Omoh, I no fit forget Pathology exam Naso the woman go set German questions all thru!
I nearly Mad

German question how ?
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Meself: 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2021
I don laugh tire
So funny
I can imagin all u I have described.

quote author=jimmyolasun post=101092237]hmm

there in the Hall I sat happily after hours of copying my efiko friend in an exam before we got to know that the objective exam was in "types".. my efiko friend is type b while mine was type e(same questions but re arranged answers). me I just dey tick a,b,c,d dey go.

naa from front dey announced correction for a particular question,naa there all our eyes open.

we should have seen the red flags

1. you paint your answers with pen on the question paper so no erasing.

2. the socio distancing no too much. we all thought we hit jackpot.

on realising say we Don do rubbish, and no way to make amendment. na im dey announce 10minutes more!!

tho I no fit cry, I just sat there helpless wishing I had prepared for the exam as I watch my future dey evaporate as the remaining 10 minutes dey tick tock dey go... naa that day I know wetin depression be. right from inside the Hall everything just change. my soul literally left my body.

I failed the course woefully[/quote]

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by femi4: 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2021
Engineering drawing Eng 231

This guy struggled with borderline and title block till the end of the paper cry

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by HORLADY(m): 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2021
My first paper (Financial Reporting). I entered the hall with my shoulders very high, by the end of the paper, I am already suffering from depression. But I can't cry cos of examination sha

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by femi4: 9:54pm On Apr 24, 2021
saphiere:
That's the typical excuse of unprepared students

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Meself: 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
Eya
Pele

Sandydayziz:
Happened in 100l, I was using an LG G flex sent from abroad. The phone issa bomb, it’s curved and beautiful. So I had mth 101 exam, It was a large hall, you had a choice of leaving your bag at front or back.
Didn’t take 30 secs before I realized leaving my bag at the back was a bad idea. I went there wanting to take it to the front so I could at least have my eyes on it. Yeah my bag was opened and my phone gone. I have never been so confused in my life. I quickly signaled my class rep Nd told him my phone had been stolen so he could quickly help me announce it only to hear every rushing to quickly re-keep their phone. Now my phone wasn’t just lost, I was now the center of attraction. Mennn I wrote that exam in tears.
Yeah I had it as a carry over
Still miss that phone cry
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by jaeyking(m): 9:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
KingTom:
You know what's up grin
a proud BCH. metabolic pathway. The one wey we no understand go enter cramming
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by saphiere(f): 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
femi4:
Those who prepared and came out with first class are still looking for jobs.
The battle is not for the mighty.

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by FirstbornWds: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
saphiere:

You don't know what you're saying
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by saphiere(f): 10:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
quinSonia:

I LOVE YOU
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by FirstbornWds: 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
femi4:

Somebody that is confused.

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by PotatoSalad(m): 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
Slept late the previous night cos I was busy watching LOTR. Next day exam was 9am and I was busy enjoying my sleep. I set alarm 6am o, alarm rang and I said lemme rest small.... grin
It was about 30 minutes to end of exam that I got a call from my friend asking where I was (that was from too much begging to make a call o)
I wore my pajamas to school. I didn't brush nor bath. Told the bike man to get me to school like a mad man.
Got to exam hall and everyone were staring at me. Including the ones I called my Gees. Wey no even pick phone to call me
No be say paper difficult o. I knew the answers but disoriented cos of everything. I no just know where to start from. And it was less than 15 mins remaining.
Na so I begin sob like goat. grin
The ladies beside me opened their sheets for me to copy from. I was completely blank.

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by dododawa1: 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
either read or not I will pass 2sure.
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by greencard: 10:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
saphiere:
Those who prepared and came out with first class are still looking for jobs.
The battle is not for the mighty.
what did u Grad with?
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by saphiere(f): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
greencard:
what did u Grad with?
Still schooling
Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by Windflower(f): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
Unilorin final year. Anyone that attends the school will know how they hate trousers especially pencil jean.
I went for night class and my paper was 9am, so I decided to just wait and not go back home to change. I was writing my paper peacefully when one of the invigilator came to seize my ID card for indecent dressing. I cried so much that my eyes nearly fell out, I have never for once been charged with indecent dressing all through my stay. It is now plain pencil jean and top that I wore because of mosquitoes in night class that got me in trouble.
I hope unilorin has changed from their bias view on trousers tho.

Re: What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences by saphiere(f): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
FirstbornWds:

Somebody that is confused.

lalasticlala rule 2

Unilag 2010/2011 Post-utme Cut-off Marks For Various Departments. / NASU Begins Nationwide Strike Tomorrow / Anambra School, Mater Amabilis Secondary School Umuoji Wins SAGE Competition

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90