Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,670,871 members, 6,279,418 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 May 2021 at 11:46 AM

Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative (20141 Views)

Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? / Pharmacy Vs Nursing: Which Is More Lucrative? / Pls Guys Between Medicine Or Pharmacy, Which One Should I Go For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative by sonnie10: 4:59pm On Apr 28
Syphax:

Bullshit, focus on the discussion at hand and stop spewing shits about radiography related words you just saw online. The truth still remain that in private establishments, radiologists in Nigeria don't earn much. Most of them earn by per film interpreted basis. In fact it's rare to see a radiologist that works full time in a private centre. Most of them are part time workers. As for the special exams, most Radiographers are the ones doing it in private centres. I know radiographers that do lumbar puncture very well.

Oga show me your badge. I have shown you mine or did I get the picture above online? Maybe borrow someone’s badge.
First, let me make you recall that a radiologist has to be a fully qualified Medical Doctor before even going into the specialty. I then wonder what other professional earns more than a doctor as far as salary scale is concerned even in Nigeria?

I repeat, radiologist are not your mate. That title is about 14years if University education.
Let’s even go by your analogy of reading reports only.
Do you know that a radiologist can set up his system in his room and read more than 100 images in one day.
With just the voice transcription technology and digitally acquired images over Dicom through an enterprise network, that is all he needs.
In his pajamas and a cup of coffee in the other hand, he could talk into the mouth piece and reports are generated and transmitted securely to different facilities anywhere in the world.
When you have the necessary education, you advance from being a technical person to a Knowledge worker.
Please use your brain. If a radiologist reads 100 mri, ct exams in one day in his bed room he makes 5000 x 100 (naira) = 500k without leaving his house.
They are different categories of people.just know that ok.

2 Likes

Re: Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative by Syphax(m): 6:40pm On Apr 28
sonnie10:

Oga show me your badge. I have shown you mine or did I get the picture above online? Maybe borrow someone’s badge.
First, let me make you recall that a radiologist has to be a fully qualified Medical Doctor before even going into the specialty. I then wonder what other professional earns more than a doctor as far as salary scale is concerned even in Nigeria?

I repeat, radiologist are not your mate. That title is about 14years if University education.
Let’s even go by your analogy of reading reports only.
Do you know that a radiologist can set up his system in his room and read more than 100 images in one day.
With just the voice transcription technology and digitally acquired images over Dicom through an enterprise network, that is all he needs.
In his pajamas and a cup of coffee in the other hand, he could talk into the mouth piece and reports are generated and transmitted securely to different facilities anywhere in the world.
When you have the necessary education, you advance from being a technical person to a Knowledge worker.
Please use your brain. If a radiologist reads 100 mri, ct exams in one day in his bed room he makes 5000 x 100 (naira) = 500k without leaving his house.
They are different categories of people.just know that ok.

Okay, I understand your point
Re: Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative by sonnie10: 7:38pm On Apr 28
Syphax:

Okay, I understand your point

Let me share this radiology related billion dollar worth of business idea with you, even if you don't have the resources. Although I know that someone else will steal it. It would be the first of it kind in Nigeria.

Problem to be solved: Because most imaging centers in Nigeria lack access to radiologist, imaging reports are not reviewed by licensed MD for quality and accurate diagnostic purpose leading to suboptimal service delivery . The goal of this business plan is to develop a solution for seamless, safe, secure and accurate radiologic imaging report. The efficiency of this process will bring about timely and quality care for patients while reducing cost for organizations and their clients.

1)First on plan and design, you must assemble the right team.

An information system technologist.
A computer scientist
A radiographer
Sales rep/ Financial personal

2)Equipment and others needed

At least 20 units of digitalizers for image conversion from film to digital (For 20 private imaging centers).
An office space
Moderate office furniture
PC systems ( 4 UNITS)
Modem and servers
Scanner and printer
Highspeed internet connection
Generator
subscription to PACS or Teleradiology
A vehicle

3) Implementation
Approach private imaging centers to subscribe for the service
Install one digitalizer for every center that subscribed
The center will need a Laptop with internet connection
Once film images are acquired and scan images are obtained, they are digitalized and routed to your remote center office.
From the office, images are sent through PACS for group of offsite radiologists to read and report. This service is already available through Teleradiology companies.
Within minutes results are transmitted back to the remote office.
Results are then forwarded to the subscribing imaging center.
Turn around time in the workflow is less than one hour form image acquisition to report
Charge the centers per report
An App could be developed for all these and cloud storage could be used for large data. In fact smartphones and tablets could streamline the whole process and reduce cost of equipment.

4)The money
Lets say each day, your office gets 50 images from each of the 20 centers and make #500 from each. That would be 1000 x 500 = #500k everyday.

Smile to the bank.

Note
Please if you steal this business plan, remember to keep my royalty. Just 5% of your profit.

1 Like

Re: Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative by kel94(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28
[quote author=sonnie10 post=

Note
Please if you steal this business plan, remember to keep my royalty. Just 5% of your profit.

[/quote] You are one intelligent man, indeed, Nations listen when you speak. You have just gain a follower.
Re: Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative by v2: 8:40pm On Apr 29
Is Radiography a course in a Nigerian university?

Or you mean Radiology?
Re: Radiography Vs Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative by Guavo: 5:06pm On May 04
v2:
Is Radiography a course in a Nigerian university?

Or you mean Radiology?
Yes,it is . A five years programme,and very very lucrative. The thing is that not much persons are aware of these course. Maybe most are just focused on medicine ,pharmacy and nursing science .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / 3 Key Uses Of Microsoft Excel At Work / Man Burns Boss’ Credentials For Refusing To Increase Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.