Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? (23968 Views)

The Human Soul: A Bigger Trophy Than The FIFA World Cup / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death / When A Man Dies, Does His Soul Go To Heaven Immediately For Judgement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by FatherOfJesus: 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
themanderon:

But how can you provide evidence for your your own assertions? I mean the recycling and the soul does not exist part.
I am not suppose to provide evidence for a soul as I’m the person that doesn’t believe in it. The onus lies on anybody that believes in souls to provide evidence that it exist.

Saprophytes are decomposers of organic matters, that’s why you don’t see the corpse of a dead chicken still lying fresh after days, saprophytes eat them and use them to make energy for themselves and for plants which will eventually be eaten by animals and humans.

Examples of saprophytes are microorganisms and maggots, you can get a sample from a corpse and view it under a microscope, you will see them live eating the nutrient in the corpse.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by CanadaCars(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Lazarus and the Richman Scriptures of Luke 16:19-31 is all Humans need to know and understand what happens after Death.

If you Like argue from Jericho to Jerusalem! When you Close your eyes in Death, you will Experience it.

That is an illustration my friend, Jesus helped us to know what it is like when someone dies. Jesus likens death to sleep the same way the apostles likens death to sleep, even Daniel and many pre-Christian faithful servants of God expressed the same belief. John 11 :11-14, 2Peter. 3:4, 1Cor. 15:6, 1Cor. 15:18,20, 1Thess 4:14,15, 1Cor. 15:51, Acts 7:60, Dan. 12:22, Acts 13:36, Matt. 27:52. At death we are non-existent, we don't exist anymore not physically, not spiritually. The is where the power of God's promise of a resurrection come into place. Resurrection brings a dead person back to life just the same way it did for Jesus. According to what the scripture says if God did not resurrection. Jesus then the Christian faith will be useless. This is because at death Jesus was non-existent for those three days and would have remain in that state of non-existence as long as God did not resurrect him, the same happens to us when we die, we are not conscious of our existence, same way when we are sleep until the day of resurrection. John 5:28,29, Acts 24:15, John 11:21-25, 1Cor. 15:12-19.. The truths in the bible is very clear to grasp if we really want to, the doctrine of the immortality of the soul is not scriptural, it has its roots in pagan believe.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by bobestman(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Walahi talahi Nnamdi Kanu done brainwash you completely! cheesy

My friend you be ewu mehhhh, all religions are claiming they have the understanding of sacred secrets but only one can present undeniable evidence that they truly have the understanding.

So what's your proof that you're among those who understands the sacred secrets? None!

I will present visible proof to you that i'm among those who understands the sacred secrets of the end time, it's not about worthless arguments of no profitable end. Go and meet Nnamdi Kanu your brain needs a reset if you can only continue repeating the same thing whereas there is NO PROOF! cheesy

I am not among your pastors and prophets who said things about Kanu and Biafra. Many ppl said things they saw including myself. I said he had gave more fulfilled prophecies more than many of your pastors and prophets. Have told you I don't do Biafra or follow them or go to any church or religion. I study in my house and pray there. When you disagree with me, you start insulting me and calling me Kanu disciple just to get me angry. If I get angry and insult you back, we will start exchanging insults which is sin. You said you will give me proof that you also knew things, what proof can you give when you are full of insults and hatred? What if I am right and you insulted me like this, haven't you sinned? I told you, righteousness is the key and it must be in words and deeds too. The more righteous you become, the more you connect to higher self, the more you know secret things and grow. Thank you
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by modsfucker: 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
BigDawsNet:

No idea how it works with babies

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by samx4real(m): 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Doesnt exist either

I don't think you know what you are saying... If you have not experience it or heard related story about spirits... Don't say they don't exist.

In short, if u doubt if spirit do not exist, go to any mortuary near you and spend a night there.

Your believe about spirits will change.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by BigDawsNet: 8:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
modsfucker:

Dude ain't no goddam Thanatologist.. undecided
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
jaxxy:

B4 nko? And how did they get here? Lol

How did we get here bro I need answers.

Science provides the best answer. But with uncertainty.

Religion on the other hand tells you with full chest that they know they whole truth about our existence.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
samx4real:

I don't think you know what you are saying... If you have not experience it or heard related story about spirits... Don't say they don't exist.

In short, if u doubt if spirit do not exist, go to any mortuary near you and spend a night there.

How old are you?
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by jaxxy(m): 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
Chuvin22:

Science provides the best answer. But with uncertainty.

Religion on the other hand tells you with full chest that they know they whole truth about our existence.

I asked u how did we get here u are comparing science with religion? angry

Is that ur final answer?
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by FatherOfJesus: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
samx4real:

Experiences are not reliable source of evidence as they can be easily manipulated due to bias or lack of understanding.
There’s no way to say for sure that one is not lying or exaggerating.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by GABRIEL6036: 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
Seek holy spirit interventions, and u will find answer to your questions. Why the more reason death are wake up through prayers? With this means soul exist and the case study of Lazarus and the rich man. I like this topic, its really disturbing.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
You came talking trash at me when you don't even know anything about the person you want to engage in a chat that's what makes you an ewu mehhhh!
For your information i'm not a Churchgoer so i don't have a pastor and it's only what's found in the Bible that i believe so i don't believe in prophets, as for you stupid Igbo guy you called a prophet does he follow your rules not to insult others when he's saying trash at Muhammad Buhari who's old enough to be his father?
So if you don't have any tangible thing to say never in your miserable life cross my path with your stupid reincarnation theory again i'll leave you in your delusion!

bobestman:

I am not among your pastors and prophets who said things about Kanu and Biafra. Many ppl said things they saw including myself. I said he had gave more fulfilled prophecies more than many of your pastors and prophets. Have told you I don't do Biafra or follow them or go to any church or religion. I study in my house and pray there. When you disagree with me, you start insulting me and calling me Kanu disciple just to get me angry. If I get angry and insult you back, we will start exchanging insults which is sin. You said you will give me proof that you also knew things, what proof can you give when you are full of insults and hatred? What if I am right and you insulted me like this, haven't you sinned? I told you, righteousness is the key and it must be in words and deeds too. The more righteous you become, the more you connect to higher self, the more you know secret things and grow. Thank you
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Vabasi(m): 9:50pm On Apr 25, 2021
You are indeed a prophet of doom.

DappaD:
First step is to understand the make up of humans. We are completely physical beings made from the dust of the earth. Genesis 2:7
The Bible refers to a “soul”(Hebrew: nephesh) in the above Scripture as a living and breathing creature, not some metaphysical part of the human being that separates when death occurs.

Our first father, Adam was the first soul created and had the prospect of living forever in the garden of Eden so he was never meant to die if he had obeyed the simple instructions given to him by God. Genesis 2:16-17

But we all know what transpired, Adam sinned and became subject to death(Genesis 3:19) and since we are all his offspring, we also inherited sin and error from him(Psalm 51:5) and became subject to death so that death has not escaped any human since that time. Romans 5:12-14

Since human beings are the souls themselves i.e. physical, breathing creatures, needing food and water for sustenance etc, when humans die as a result of the Adamic sin, we return to the dust of the earth and become nonexistent(Psalm 146:4, Ecclesiastes 9:5-10) as if in a deep sleep that can only be reversed through resurrection(Isaiah 26:19, John 5:28-29, Acts 24:15) meaning that the human soul is not immortal but subject to destruction. Ezekiel 18:4
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by bobestman(m): 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You came talking trash at me when you don't even know anything about the person you want to engage in a chat that's what makes you an ewu mehhhh!
For your information i'm not a Churchgoer so i don't have a pastor and it's only what's found in the Bible that i believe so i don't believe in prophets, as for you stupid Igbo guy you called a prophet does he follow your rules not to insult others when he's saying trash at Muhammad Buhari who's old enough to be his father?
So if you don't have any tangible thing to say never in your miserable life cross my path with your stupid reincarnation theory again i'll leave you in your delusion!

It's not a sin to insult you back. It's usually an eye for an eye. All your comments show you don't know anything. Moses confronted Pharaoh, Elijah insulted herod and his wife, lion ate children who insulted Elijah, John insulted ppl, the Messiah insulted ppl, Paul insulted and so on. There is nothing wrong if you insult a wicked and evil ruler especially if you know your mission, all the evil the person engage in and who sent you. So there is nothing wrong if I choose to insult you back but I won't cos I know you will learn the truth one day. You are the one who always quote me and will even go and do search on Nairaland to dig out things I said that you don't like. Avoid me biko.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
kendrick93:
Stop over thinking these things.
When you die you die,
It's a state of non-existent...
It's just like sleeping but it's an everlasting sleep
Shut up!
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
Our souls just vanish into the thin air or so. We just stop existing. Just as we were before birth.

On the last day, God will call back all the vanished souls and shall judge us accordingly to our various deeds. So, chose your poison now before it's too late. smiley

Paradise or the lake of fire where there shall be gnashing of teeth and torment day and night?

As for me, I am going to Paradise. Believe it or not. smiley
Chai, see my crush that year. Old age don dey come oh cheesy
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by sonmvayina(m): 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
freeze22:
To understand from the Bible the real truth about death, let's start at the beginning and see how our Creator made us.

"The LORD God formed the man [adam, Hebrew] from the DUST OF THE GROUND [adamah, Hebrew] and breathed into his nostrils THE BREATH OF LIFE, and the man became A LIVING BEING [SOUL, Hebrew]." -Genesis 2:7. Emphasis added (Unless otherwise noted, all Scriptural texts are from the New International Version of the Bible [NIV].)

At Creation God fashioned Adam from "the dust of the ground." He had a brain in his head ready to think; blood in his veins ready to flow. Then God breathed into his nostrils "the breath of life," and Adam became "a living being" [Hebrew, "a living soul"]. Note carefully, the Bible does not say Adam received a soul; rather it says that "man became a living soul." As God breathed into Adam, life began to flow from God. The combination of the body and "the breath of life" made Adam "a living being," "a living soul."

So we might write the human equation like this:

"Dust of Ground" + "Breath of Life" = "A Living Soul"

Lifeless Body + Breath from God = A Living Being

Each of us has a body and a reasoning mind. As long as we continue to breathe, we will be a living being, a living soul.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A PERSON DIES?

At death the reverse of the creative process described in Genesis 2:7 takes place:

"And the DUST returns to the ground it came from, and the SPIRIT [BREATH OF LIFE] returns to God who gave it." -Ecclesiastes 12:7.

The Bible often uses the Hebrew words for "breath" and "spirit" interchangeably. When people die, their body becomes "dust" and the "spirit" (the "breath of life"wink returns to God, its source. But what happens to the soul?

"As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, . . . every LIVING SOUL belongs to me. . . . THE SOUL WHO SINS IS THE ONE WHO WILL DIE." -Ezekiel 18:3-4.

The soul dies! It is not now immortal-it can perish.

The equation derived from Genesis 2:7, when God made us, reverses itself at death.

"Dust of Earth" - "Breath of Life" = "A Dead Soul"

Lifeless Body - Breath from God = A Dead Being

Death is the cessation of life. The body disintegrates to dust, and the breath, or spirit, goes back to God. We are a living soul in life, but in death only a corpse, a dead soul, dead being. So the dead are not conscious. When God takes back the breath of life He gave to us, our soul dies. But with Christ there is hope.

This is the only thing that spoilt your whole write up. You have the right knowledge, but how Jesus feature in the equation is what you don't want to give up. You are still holding on to idolatry. ...let it go. Jesus is just a Roman invention.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Akuruoulo(m): 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
Chuvin22:

You can join the rest of us finding the answer to your question.
But it's very foolish to infer that there is an afterlife without any discernible evidence.
The bible is enough evidence. Anyone who lacks reasoning will never understand the bible
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by sonmvayina(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
Casper21:
I feel like when you die, your soul either goes to heaven or hell, you know why?? Cos in the Bible, it says Jesus went to hell when he died and ascended into heaven on the 3rd day. Ask yourself, what was he doing in hell?

I don't know. What was incredible hulk doing in Asgard?..

So many questions,no answer..
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
Next time watch carefully before jumping to conclusions on what someone beleives, i don't have a PASTOR! And if Nnamdi Kanu can insult Muhammad Buhari then your stupid Prophet is FAKE for not living by his own rules! cheesy

bobestman:

It's not a sin to insult you back. It's usually an eye for an eye. All your comments show you don't know anything. Moses confronted Pharaoh, Elijah insulted herod and his wife, lion ate children who insulted Elijah, John insulted ppl, the Messiah insulted ppl, Paul insulted and so on. There is nothing wrong if you insult a wicked and evil ruler especially if you know your mission, all the evil the person engage in and who sent you. So there is nothing wrong if I choose to insult you back but I won't cos I know you will learn the truth one day. You are the one who always quote me and will even go and do search on Nairaland to dig out things I said that you don't like. Avoid me biko.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by freeze22(m): 10:42pm On Apr 25, 2021
sonmvayina:

This is the only thing that spoilt your whole write up. You have the right knowledge, but how Jesus feature in the equation is what you don't want to give up. You are still holding on to idolatry. ...let it go. Jesus is just a Roman invention.

Maybe a Roman invention to you brother. But definitely not to me

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by bobestman(m): 11:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Next time watch carefully before jumping to conclusions on what someone beleives, i don't have a PASTOR! And if Nnamdi Kanu can insult Muhammad Buhari then your stupid Prophet is FAKE for not living by his own rules! cheesy

You don't even think and always claim to be right when you are in gross delusion. Next time watch carefully before quoting people in things far bigger than you. Avoid me biko
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by sonmvayina(m): 11:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
freeze22:

Maybe a Roman invention to you brother. But definitely not to me

So of what importance is he, if not a distraction ? Spirit returns to God and body back to earth(dust)...

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by freeze22(m): 11:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
sonmvayina:

So of what importance is he, if not a distraction ? Spirit returns to God and body back to earth(dust)...

Yes brother, but it doesn't end there. Check out 1 Corinthians 15:52 "in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Emmy157: 11:25pm On Apr 25, 2021
obonujoker:
This question goes to study what happens to the soul after the last breath of life on this physical Earth.

1. The first school of thought tells us that the soul goes to heaven or hell immediately depending on the choices made while on Earth citing Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

2. Another school of thought tells us that the soul doesn't go to heaven or hell immediately, but all soul is resting either in Abraham's bosom or Hades pending the rapture of the saints. It is said that if souls were already in heaven or hell, why would they need to rise up to reign with Jesus, or why will the bad ones rise up to the great white throne Judgement?? This school of thought believes that no one is in the lake of fire or heaven yet.

3. This school of thought believes the dead is dead and gone forever... There's no heaven or lake of fire.

Which do you believe??

Is heaven for humans?? Or a description of what the new Earth will be after the removal of this present Earth?

Give scriptural references too if you have... Thanks
When someone dies, the spirit goes to God while the soul awaits judgment until after Christ's second coming. Please note that as a Christian, believers will make heaven while unbelievers will not. So, at the point of death, God determines whether a fellow makes heaven or not (ie Judgement in Hebrews 9:27). Meanwhile, the judgment after the second coming of Christ talks about the reward (stars) Christians get as a result of their good works while on Earth.
This is my opinion on your post. God is the best teacher!
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Judybash93(m): 12:11am On Apr 26, 2021
How can one even define what a soul is? Can it be tested in a controlled environment? What are the properties or characteristics of a soul?
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Excuses: 1:27am On Apr 26, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
Soul? what exactly is that? I looked through a biology book but couldn't find a reference to souls. I looked through a mythology book however and found all kinds of information on souls. Are there any peer reviewed scholastic research papers published in any medical journals that I could learn more about this thing called souls? Where is this thing? how many does each person have? 1? 2? more? it varies?

What gene is it linked to in our DNA? What kind of cells is it made of or what exactly is it made of? can we see thing thing with an MRI machine or a powerful microscope? Who do you think would know more about this thing called souls: a witch doctor from the deepest jungles of Ogbomoso who has had no contact with civilization, or the entire science faculty from MIT?
Scientists study everything; why don't they study souls? Is it for the same reasons they don't study the powers of Deadpool or the magic of Harry Potter?

Please read in the light of truth by Adrushin it's a German book translated in english..U'll be at peace with yourself till death..thank Mr later..
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Excuses: 1:35am On Apr 26, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

The soul keeps on living as there is no death in the first place but just a breakup between the body(NON LIVING) and the SOUL (LIVING) so life continues.

Though, the soul stays around once the body stops performing its duties and with time returns to heaven and wait to be reincarnated wink

My brother just read: IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH BY ABDRUSHIN. THE GRAIL MESSAGE.. if u are truly a seeker of knowledge like me. Wallahi u'll be at peace with yourself.. volume 1,2,3.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by Vision101(m): 2:48am On Apr 26, 2021
@Chuvin22

Your soul don't go anywhere.
Once you die, you decompose like every other living thing.

Souls don't die.
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:56am On Apr 26, 2021
Nonsense and ingredients! cheesy

bobestman:

You don't even think and always claim to be right when you are in gross delusion. Next time watch carefully before quoting people in things far bigger than you. Avoid me biko
Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:57am On Apr 26, 2021
"avoid me biko" yet you're talking back, why not just keep shut? Why replying my post? cheesy
You're quoting God's word (Bible) and you want to correlate it with reincarnation yet simple questions to prove you're sane you keep avoiding.
Where did Adam and Eve reincarnate from?
God's word said "people die once and the next thing is judgment" {Hebrews 9:27} so when will the judgment day take effect since reincarnation theory says people lived and died many times?
If you can't answer just keep shut! cheesy

bobestman:

Re: Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? by samx4real(m): 5:59am On Apr 26, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Experiences are not reliable source of evidence as they can be easily manipulated due to bias or lack of understanding.
There’s no way to say for sure that one is not lying or exaggerating.

Oya go to the mortuary and spend just a night there... This your believe or understanding will change.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Prays Over Brooms In Church, Gives Members To Sweep Away Evil. Photos / Iginla Donates N10m To A Muslim Acid Victim, Sponsors Her To India / What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.