Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,252 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Facebook Is Suing Me For This - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Facebook Is Suing Me For This (950 Views)

I Am Suing Zenith Bank! I Need Guidelines / A 'Lady' I Sent My Full Nude Picture On Facebook Is Blackmailing Me! / Lady Gets $10k Compensation After Suing Ex-Boyfreind Who Leaked Her Nude Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Is Suing Me For This by Smartixy(m): 9:13am On Apr 25, 2021
I am a developer, I have Instagram saver which uses sessions to get data and also Facebook story saver on play store. I monetize using Facebook Audience Network, that's where they got my information because I do receive payments with them, they have disabled my Facebook and Instagram plus my FAN accounts with some funds and are threatening to sue me if I don't stop my apps and also give them information about the apps I have created.

I need help on what to do and what kind of action can they take upon me.

Below is the pdf the sent to me.

Mod please move it to the appropriate section

Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by Sebastine1994(m): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2021
my son what did you do?

why were you harvesting people's data and pictures, do you work for the NSA or what.

guy stop it, find another thing to do.

always disgracing Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by Crimrburster: 9:28am On Apr 25, 2021
Understand, I don't.
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by Smartixy(m): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2021
Sebastine1994:
my son what did you do?

why were you harvesting people's data and pictures, do you work for the NSA or what.

There are a lot of facebook and Instagram saver on store and beside I don't save any data, my app just use a user session to get latest updates and enable you to download posts

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by falcon01: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2021
yeesh You wanna steal data with Facebook? nawa ooo
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by Chloraseptic: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2021
Relax, how much lawsuit do you think someone worth over $50billion Would sue you for..

It's just a threat
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by HellAnus: 10:17am On Apr 25, 2021
Reply the mail and enter into a bargain with them. Tell them to pay u $20m and u will stop it. They have everything to loose
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by Smartixy(m): 10:19am On Apr 25, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Relax, how much lawsuit do you think someone worth over $50billion Would sue you for..

It's just a threat

I pray so
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
Sebastine1994:
my son what did you do?

There are lots of apps for saving and downloading instagram or Facebook or twitter videos and pictures. I have one add-on I've been using since 2013. I think it's just a threat. OP, make research on the company that sent you the mail. Google search their email addresses and company's name. Check wether it's legit or just it's a competitor trying to shut you down.

Cos they're numerous applications and websites and add-on's and even PC applications used in downloading the aformentioned. And i don't think they can't shut all down.

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by ediko5(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2021
Push this to the programmers section.
You'll find senior developers there.

@ seun sef na senior developer.
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by Smartixy(m): 9:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
cchub:

There are lots of apps for saving and downloading instagram or Facebook or twitter videos and pictures. I have one add-on I've been using since 2013. I think it's just a threat. OP, make research on the company that sent you the mail. Google search their email addresses and company's name. Check wether it's legit or just it's a competitor trying to shut you down.

Cos they're numerous applications and websites and add-on's and even PC applications used in downloading the aformentioned. And i don't think they can't shut all down.

It's legit as they disabled my Facebook and Instagram and all its services
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by tellwisdom: 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2021
They will find you if you don’t act right. Why is it legit to you and not to them?
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by xtivin(m): 11:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
OP is telling us half story. you are stealing peoples data and saving it. Facebook will get you if you don't respond immediately. Its not a threat.
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by superjab247: 12:15am On Apr 26, 2021
Smartixy:

I pray so
Relax,I have the contact of one Baba,once u contact him for this matter Zuckerberg would run mad and will be a free man cool
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by delzbaba(m): 6:25am On Apr 26, 2021
If you are serious you should be talking to one of the big lawyers in Nigeria by now, make use of some of that money you made.

(1) (Reply)

How Will You Judge This Case?? / WATCH VIDEO: Unknown Nigerian Gun Men Shooting Live Bullet On Express High Way / Nigerian Embassy Staff / Diplomat Beaten By Immigration Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.