Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,670,711 members, 6,278,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 May 2021 at 04:51 AM

Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? (1023 Views)

Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Mistake a Born Again should never make / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? by perezeghi: 12:31pm On May 02
Kobojunkie:
So, God who declared Himself against such things, through both His prophets and Jesus Christ, went against His own Eternal proclamation to "ordain" men as bishops over those in His own flock? undecided

God, who decreed that His Covenant, Jesus Christ, was an agreement between Him and individuals, decided outside of that agreement, to set up Bishops over the same individuals, in much the same way as it was in His Old Covenant? undecided

Please point me to the Scripture where you derived such interpretation or to have come to such comprehension of His word?
Re: Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On May 02
perezeghi:

Please point me to the Scripture where you derived such interpretation or to have come to such comprehension of His word?
1. In Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34, God declared that He is the only one to teach those who belong to Him in His New agreement. In Matthew 23, Jesus Christ declare, in alignment with God's previous declaration, that He alone is authority, Master and Teacher over those who are His followers. He commands any in His flock setting themselves up above the others in any way. undecided

2. In Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16, God declared that He alone is Shepherd over His flock, this after declaring that He is against every other shepherd over His own flock. undecided
In John 10, Jesus Christ echoes that message when He proclaims that He is the good shepherd(everyone shepherd is bad), and that it is only to Him to His sheep listen to. undecided
Re: Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? by perezeghi: 3:30am On May 03
Kobojunkie:
1. In Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34, God declared that He is the only one to teach those who belong to Him in His New agreement. In Matthew 23, Jesus Christ declare, in alignment with God's previous declaration, that He alone is authority, Master and Teacher over those who are His followers. He commands any in His flock setting themselves up above the others in any way. undecided

2. In Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16, God declared that He alone is Shepherd over His flock, this after declaring that He is against every other shepherd over His own flock. undecided
In John 10, Jesus Christ echoes that message when He proclaims that He is the good shepherd(everyone shepherd is bad), and that it is only to Him to His sheep listen to. undecided

What has being ordained got to do with this entire write up by you and the quoted Scriptures...........

I asked again what is your definition of ordained .......comprehending from your quoted verses or any other you may seem to come up with........
Re: Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? by Kobojunkie: 3:43am On May 03
perezeghi:

What has being ordained got to do with this entire write up by you and the quoted Scriptures...........

I asked again what is your definition of ordained .......comprehending from your quoted verses or any other you may seem to come up with........
1. Recall my question to you was who ordained them? God or man? undecided

2. You are of course welcome to providing the definition that best suits you. The question i asked seems simple enough to me, and I have no problems with human language (English in this case) comprehension so feel free to respond in English. undecided
Re: Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? by Myer: 6:59am On May 04
Princewell2012:
Happy Sunday brethren.
Let me go straight to the point.

If I have three wives when am still in the world and the 3 of them are legally and fully married.
All of them have children 6,4, and 2 children respectfully.

And today am now a born again.
And the word of God only permit only wife.
.so in this case what do I do.

1 should I sent two of them away and stick with only one.
2 should I sent the three of them away.

3. or should I keep the three of them?
what should one do in this condition?
Somebody asked me this question and I don't know what to reply him.

Please who can give us a reasonable answer biblically?

I will be very happy if it can be pushed to the front page. God bless you all.

I read some responses and I'm not even surprised at some of them.
Anyone who asks you to divorce any of the wives is obviously a Pharisee and not a Christian.
Cos Jesus himself said no man should divorce any wife unless on the ground of sexual immorality. Matthew 5:32, Matthew 19:9

Besides, God only permits one wife for whoever wants to be a church leader (Bishop or a Deacon.) 1 Timothy 3:12

No where in the bible does it say polygamy is a sin.

How do you explain God telling David he gave him many wives would have given him more instead of committing adultery?

2 Samuel 12:7-8
Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul.

I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more!
Re: Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? by livingchrist: 7:11am On May 04
Princewell2012:

OK I should send them away and keep the children? let me get your point. Thanks
well, you can decide to keep them, sending them away may lead to hardship and other problems.
Re: Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? by chrisblack: 10:10am On May 04
Princewell2012:

So what is the way forward? hmm the Bible should be applicable now since am a born again. That's the issue now.
The bible is being misinterpreted by many. Jesus spoke about the ideal institution of marriage. You are not meant to send away your wifves when you become a born again christian. Even in the new testament from the letter of paul will can be simply interpreted that when he was talking about the qualifications of a Bishop. He said a Bishop must be husband of 1 wife. From this we could understand that there were converts to christian faith that were with more than 1 wives. Jesus spoke about the intention of God from the very beginning alluding to The creation of eve for Adam. It was meant to be 1 man 1 wife, however due to our stuff neck we went out own way. My own personal conclusion is if the wives chooses to stay they can, but if they choose to leave on their own volition ,they can
Re: Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? by Princewell2012(m): 10:01pm On May 04
Myer:

I read some responses and I'm not even surprised at some of them.
Anyone who asks you to divorce any of the wives is obviously a Pharisee and not a Christian.
Cos Jesus himself said no man should divorce any wife unless on the ground of sexual immorality.

Besides, God only permits one wife for whoever wants to be a church leader (Bishop or a Deacon.) 1 Timothy 3:12

No where in the bible does it say polygamy is a sin.

How do you explain God telling David he gave him many wives would have given him more instead of committing adultery? Matthew 5:32, Matthew 19:9

2 Samuel 12:7-8
Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul.

I gave you your master’s house and your master’s wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more!

This is deep. Thanks.
Re: Am now a born again, should I sent my three wives away? by pointblank247(m): 6:51am On May 05
Princewell2012:
Somebody should help out please, it is urgent.
where did the Bible condem polygamy ?
Keep your three wives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What The Bible Says About Death / Famous Scientists Who Believed In God / Pastor Rapes Woman: After Pouring ‘holy Oil’ Into Her Private P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.