Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Toxic Pops ?? I gotchu - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Toxic Pops ?? I gotchu (319 Views)

Who Can Relate To This.. My Mom Is A Toxic Person / 2face's Marriage: Which Of Them Is Truly Responsible For The Toxic Marriage? / Twitter Users List What They Consider As 'toxic Femininity' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toxic Pops ?? I gotchu by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 26, 2021
FATHER
There’s just something about a father’s presence that makes you feel secure

Studies have shown that when fathers are affectionate and supportive, it greatly affects a child's cognitive and social development. It also instills an overall sense of well-being and self confidence.

The Emotionally absent father is the Absent Without Leave Dad. Yes, he’s physically present in the home, but he’s not emotionally present when he’s there buy absent.

-The dissapproving father
Never satisfied
There’s a difference between expressing a genuine concern for your well-being compared to simply bashing every choice you make.

Does it feel like you’ll never measure up to your father’s demands?

When someone consistently and intentionally makes you feel less than, not worthy, and disrespects you and your life, it is a toxic relationship,

-The unreliable father
Fathers that make promises and cannot keep.

TOXIC POPS REMEDY?

Install this into your subconscious
“God is your father”
He legit is our father.
First father, Forever reliable
he is the only person consistent.

Endeavor to lower your expectations that he (your father) could be anything other than what he is (unreliable and self-gratified in my case... *rolling eyes).
Be a good girl to Identify your needs and work towards meeting them. kiss kiss kiss

The hurt and the pain that i have been through enables me to relate with other kids that are hurting or have been hurt.

So sweetheart, For Self growth and development..
Entertain the idea that everything your pops said about you was wrong!

Read Through
https://www.nairaland.com/5672671/how-handle-six-type-toxic

1 Like

Re: Toxic Pops ?? I gotchu by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 28, 2021
Relatable for those who grew up with their pops
Re: Toxic Pops ?? I gotchu by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 05, 2021
Relatable for those who grew up with their pops

Ummm....
sad

(1) (Reply)

Remote Work - Earn 500,000 Naira / #lowwaistpixchallenge; Unusual Fun Outside Norm / God remains the King of kings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.