Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,853 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? (3378 Views)

What Is The Pettiest Reason Why You Won't Date Someone / Tayo Demola: 10 Signs That God Is Warning You Not To Date Someone / Name A Petty Reason You Can't Date Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by SIawomir: 7:15am On Apr 26, 2021
As a real nigger, I've heard, or rather read that people tie the knot after as early as 2 months of dating, while some people spend as much as 5yrs to study their potential spouse, what is your stance on this issue?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Sammy07: 7:24am On Apr 26, 2021
SIawomir:
As a real nigger, I've heard, or rather read that people tie the knot after as early as 2 months of dating, while some people spend as much as 5yrs to study their potential spouse, what os your stance on this issue?

Anytime you're financial okay and Mentally capable of handling marriage.

You can date for 9yrs and still don't have the mental mind to handle issues.

But wait, this is slawomiir first post, and luckily I'm the first to comment cheesy

Wetin you go give me

11 Likes

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Jeon(f): 7:25am On Apr 26, 2021
SIawomir:
As a real nigger, I've heard, or rather read that people tie the knot after as early as 2 months of dating, while some people spend as much as 5yrs to study their potential spouse, what os your stance on this issue?

for one decade
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by SweetPoison22: 7:35am On Apr 26, 2021
SIawomir:
I thought you're the master of Romance scam and internet dating, you should know better twice on Monday.

Nonsense.

11 Likes

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by donbachi(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2021
A week,a month,a year,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-15 years..na una two choice and decision to make.
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 26, 2021
6months.
But I'll rather use the world 'Courting' instead of 'Dating'.
For a good result, sex shouldn't be involved for the first 3months.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by habsydiamond(m): 7:49am On Apr 26, 2021
If u think u are capable of marriage and u have seen the qualities u wanted in a woman in ur fiancee..... U can marry anytime... Courting for a longer time does not guarantee a perfect home.... Understanding and communication is the key to a successful marriage.

7 Likes

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by CodedWealth(m): 8:08am On Apr 26, 2021
Lol
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by paulolee(m): 8:21am On Apr 26, 2021
anytime dt suits you....some people no even de date atall n na marriage straight...
if marriage longetivity Is all abt dating eeh, marriage no go de fail like wat we see this days..

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by SweetVibe: 8:29am On Apr 26, 2021
Slawomir of all people? ok, just keep courting her or them until you are ready for marriage but it should be minimum 1year.
E get why I say 1 year oo
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 26, 2021
once you notice the person have small sense...

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Clinghton: 8:33am On Apr 26, 2021
Until it clicks.
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by JustCruise(m): 8:43am On Apr 26, 2021
For me i think 6 months is ideal. Any girl that i can date for that long without being bored, deserves my ring. But till then, i follow the ways of Slawomir.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 26, 2021
see the way illiterates wey no sabi the real spelling of the damnniggar guy dey comment, naso dem dey take decieve una grin
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 26, 2021
If theres money, both of you are mature and have sense, 6 months is enough.
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Xenry: 11:13am On Apr 26, 2021
When you realize that she's an asset!

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Ego2(f): 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2021
Here to read comments ��
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by DEMZEE(m): 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2021
SIawomir:
As a real nigger, I've heard, or rather read that people tie the knot after as early as 2 months of dating, while some people spend as much as 5yrs to study their potential spouse, what is your stance on this issue?

2-6months maximum

Going one year plus, u guys are just playing

A high value man already knows what he wants from a lady relationship wise. The months wud be used for vetting
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by DEMZEE(m): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2021
BABYharder:
6months.
But I'll rather use the world 'Courting' instead of 'Dating'.
For a good result, sex shouldn't be involved for the first 3months.

U are a joker

A woman's game is to retain a high value man post-sex
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Telegram234(m): 1:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
Max 2 yrs is okay for me.
I would like to study her well, her anger percentage, her good and bad side including her families also the street people and neighbors mostly the niggas around the hood...
And people saying 6 months, do u know that a partner can pretend for that whole 6 months....
Then after marriage, she shows a different character, then u go about posting on NL that "I never knew she was like this"

Peace✍

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Tinalex26: 7:48pm On Apr 26, 2021
Plssss... nothing less than 1yr...this is coming from someone who was once married to a pretender/ chameleon!!! Within the one year..vet them well...n ask questions!! Both male n female ooo

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
DEMZEE:

U are a joker

A woman's game is to retain a high value man post-sex
Building love devoid of sex gives you a bonus in marriage cus everly her kpekus go tire you after marriage.
You can practice financial straining too( she shouldn't know about this one).
My Opinion though
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by DEMZEE(m): 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
BABYharder:

Building love devoid of sex gives you a bonus in marriage cus everly her kpekus go tire you after marriage.
You can practice financial straining too( she shouldn't know about this one).
My Opinion though

Men love idealistically
Women love opportunistically
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Cholls(m): 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2021

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2021
DEMZEE:

Men love idealistically
Women love opportunistically
Love alone can't sustain marriage especially when love always come with reasons.
My point is that it's good to observe the threshold a relationship could endure before taking it to the next level

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by DEMZEE(m): 8:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
BABYharder:

Love alone can't sustain marriage especially when love always come with reasons.
My point is that it's good to observe the threshold a relationship could endure before taking it to the next level

That's why I said women's game is to lockdown a high value man post-sex

Women hate wen they don't have leverage in the relationship
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
DEMZEE:

That's why I said women's game is to lockdown a high value man post-sex

Women hate wen they don't have leverage in the relationship
An you think I'll tell her my game plan?
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by folabayo(f): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
As long as you are ready.
You can b ready in a week, 1 month, 5yrs...etc.
One thing i know is if u like date person for 2yrs and beyound that dosnt mean he/she won't change after marriage and if you marry in a month time dat still dosnt mean they won't change after mariage.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by RichParker(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2021
One year is enough, but it also depends on the age of the couple and what kind of relationship they have. You have to be close people to each other.
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by DEMZEE(m): 5:19am On Apr 27, 2021
BABYharder:

An you think I'll tell her my game plan?

She will know

Women can read if a guy has sexually abundance
Re: How Long Should You Date Someone Before Marriage? by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 27, 2021
DEMZEE:

She will know

Women can read if a guy has sexually abundance
Very wrong bro.
Unless the guy is pussified

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asking For A Friend....na Sex Issue Sha / Ethics of Reporting Your Friend's Infidelity to His Girlfriend / nnn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.