Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,276 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) (45888 Views)

Two Christians Convert To Islam In Enugu State (Photos) / Aiyepe Central Mosque:the Largest Mosque In Southern Nigeria / Tragedy As Alfa Slumps And Dies In Oyo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by complexBoss12: 9:20am On Apr 30, 2021
ok
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by Kholar211: 9:26am On Apr 30, 2021
The UGM will soon visit the damn place.
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by ogbuefi677(m): 9:26am On Apr 30, 2021
Sunnybay7:

You are absolutely correct, its going to be a soft target and automatically re-engineer the fight.
Nobody will target them.
The school has been there for ages.
There are many Igbo muslims but of course they don't misbehave like their northern and western brothers.

7 Likes

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by SmartPolician: 9:26am On Apr 30, 2021
Mtchewwww
I was even expecting a massive structure with state-of-the-art facilities.

1 Like

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by ChiefAfonja: 9:27am On Apr 30, 2021
This na where them they breed terrorists grin
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by tempusfugit: 9:28am On Apr 30, 2021
So we have igbo Muslims?!!! Wow!
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by ogbuefi677(m): 9:29am On Apr 30, 2021
tempusfugit:
So we have igbo Muslims?!!! Wow!
Like 0.00001 percent.

6 Likes

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by farem: 9:31am On Apr 30, 2021
Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Saviour.

The Biafrans have started nurturing the cobra that would consume them tomorrow.
There is no good one among the offsprings of pythons.

Something must be done now because it is a matter of time before an evil tree (like this) bears evil fruit.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by womenareapess: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2021
Ctorch:
Pictures of the Best and Largest Islamic School in Afikpo Ebonyi State, Nigeria.

Best Islamic secondary school in the country is not located in the Muslim-dominated North but in the largely Christian South-East, specifically in Afikpo, Ebonyi State.

Now there are plans to turn the school, known as Islamic Centre, Afikpo, into an Islamic University. This was disclosed by Sheikh Daud Nwagui, the Headmaster of the primary section of the school, who told the Daily Trust newspaper: “We hope to turn the school into a university, that is a university of Islamic studies.

The hilly Afikpo town boasts the highest number of Igbo Muslims in the South-East, followed by the university town of Nsukka in neighbouring Enugu State. The Islamic Centre, Afikpo, was founded by Sheikh Ibrahim Okpani Nwagui, the father of the present headmaster, who brought Islam to Afikpo in 1958.

The Islamic Centre, Afikpo, has a primary and a secondary section. Sheikh Daud Nwagui told Daily Trust that there is a special focus on Arabic as a language, on Islamic studies, physics, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Mathematics

Masha Allah.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/School-of-Arabic-and-Islamic-Studies-Afikpo-288009235017998/posts/
hope this will not be another headquarters of suicide bombers!
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by tempusfugit: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2021
Does it make you to feel better?
ogbuefi677:

Like 0.00001 percent.

1 Like

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by sojfarm: 9:37am On Apr 30, 2021
That is another base for terrorists built by the Slave Government in the South

1 Like

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by Patwitme(m): 9:38am On Apr 30, 2021
The school is situated in my village
dominated by middle bet and northerners
It has produced quite number of personalities in Government of which my brothers and sisters in has benefited too
Turning it to a university is a welcome development to the community host

3 Likes

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 30, 2021
ogbuefi677:

Like 0.00001 percent.

This was the case in Turkey, Lebanon and parts of africa.....cancer starts at 0.000000001% little by little it spreads and the whole body is consumed, only solution is to remove the cancerous part totally from the body... Anyways who sights the moon for these your Igbo muslims?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 30, 2021
Esn will take care of that rubbish very soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by Isobug: 10:04am On Apr 30, 2021
Juliusmalema:

They replaced Igbo language with Arabic language and Islamic studies..

I see
Before nko? What do you expect? To teach Igbo language?.
You people should stop creating tension when there's no need for that.
I'm from Afikpo and I know many Igbo(Afikpo) friends that feed from what they got there as teachers.That place is not like what you people think it is. It's just exactly like many ordinary primary and secondary Schools apart from teaching Arabic and Islamic studies which are parts and parcel of Nigeria educational curriculum. Many Afikpo indigenes have graduated from the school, some of who have gone ahead to graduate from any higher institution of their choice and no negative stories of the school from them. Infact this school is even located along a very busy major road leading to Akanu ibiam Federal polytechnic.

2 Likes

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by Isobug: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2021
Patwitme:
The school is situated in my village
dominated by middle bet and northerners
It has produced quite number of personalities in Government of which my brothers and sisters in has benefited too
Turning it to a university is a welcome development to the community host
Thank you, that's what I'm telling them that the school is not like what they think. That it's even located on a very busy road leading to Akanu ibiam Federal polytechnic. I'm from Afikpo too

1 Like

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 30, 2021
The guy above me.....

3 Likes

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by funnix: 10:30am On Apr 30, 2021
MashaAllah! Barrakallahufihi
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by TruthHurts1(m): 10:34am On Apr 30, 2021
I have been there and I can confirm it is mostly 99% Hausa and Ebira Muslims who attend that school.
Noneroone:
majority of the students there are northerners.

3 Likes

Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by TruthHurts1(m): 10:37am On Apr 30, 2021
If their are so many Igbo Muslims, why do we only hear of this numerical superiority in the Islam for Muslims page of nairaland?

[img]https://images./3Egj8g6mIra1ffVEYf6xjZ.png[/img]

ogbuefi677:

Nobody will target them.
The school has been there for ages.
There are many Igbo muslims but of course they don't misbehave like their northern and western brothers.
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by ariesbull: 10:42am On Apr 30, 2021
Clowns everywhere...and few kids
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by gentle12: 10:58am On Apr 30, 2021
May Allah SWT bless Sheikh Daud Nwagui and those he left behind,Inu ikoko dudu lekon funfun tijade, from a black looking pot .comes a white pap, akamu
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2021
Juliusmalema:

They replaced Igbo language with Arabic language and Islamic studies..

I see

Igbo’s are not bothered by their own language. Every one of them wants to go to America.They worship the English language although the majority of them speak it so badly.
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by Hassanmaye(m): 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
Wow Masha Allahu I'm so so happy, now what remain is to start going to IMO state and marry those girls off
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by sirwilly5: 1:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ctorch:
Pictures of the Best and Largest Islamic School in Afikpo Ebonyi State, Nigeria.

Best Islamic secondary school in the country is not located in the Muslim-dominated North but in the largely Christian South-East, specifically in Afikpo, Ebonyi State.

Now there are plans to turn the school, known as Islamic Centre, Afikpo, into an Islamic University. This was disclosed by Sheikh Daud Nwagui, the Headmaster of the primary section of the school, who told the Daily Trust newspaper: “We hope to turn the school into a university, that is a university of Islamic studies.

The hilly Afikpo town boasts the highest number of Igbo Muslims in the South-East, followed by the university town of Nsukka in neighbouring Enugu State. The Islamic Centre, Afikpo, was founded by Sheikh Ibrahim Okpani Nwagui, the father of the present headmaster, who brought Islam to Afikpo in 1958.

The Islamic Centre, Afikpo, has a primary and a secondary section. Sheikh Daud Nwagui told Daily Trust that there is a special focus on Arabic as a language, on Islamic studies, physics, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Mathematics

Masha Allah.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/School-of-Arabic-and-Islamic-Studies-Afikpo-288009235017998/posts/

op to say this is d biggest Islamic school is Nigeria means you have never been to kano or sokoto. what you are showing as the biggest Islamic school is not up to a quarter in size of what is obtainable in most upper northern states.
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by Quality20(m): 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2021
even yoruba states that have less than 10% muslims have bigger structures
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ctorch:

Masha Allah.

terrorist school.....they are grooming future suicide bombers.....
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by President99: 5:30pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ctorch:

Masha Allah.

Masha Allah
Re: The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos) by udatso: 5:54am On May 02, 2021
I attended that school. As for the language discussion, Arabic is taught in both primary and secondary classes. Igbo is equally taught in primary classes up to jss 3 at least that was what was obtainable while I was there. It's really a good school.
I comfortably speak Arabic today and have taught others too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted / Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? / Marriage According To The Quran And Sunnah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.