Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:47 PM

The Norm Is Not Always Normal - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Norm Is Not Always Normal (10804 Views)

Abraham Lincoln Ended Slavery By Going Against The Norm / Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress / Lying! Lies That Have Become A Norm To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by coronavirus19: 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
Faller:
The truth is just because it's normal to you doesn't necessarily make it normal to me....

Example : The Polygamy in the Animal Husbandry Region...it's a norm there...
but is not that prevalent in the south.... I'm not saying it doesn't exist....

Secondly what Buhari is doing now is not Normal...it's wickedness...but it's a Norm to Garba Shehu....Femi adeshina and pantami
God punish Buhari and only Buhari till the rest of his days angry
Make nothing do hin family because I no know if my future son go marry him future daughter make I no go do myself
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by Lovedbyyou(m): 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
Hmmm...
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by neyohh: 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2021
This is the mistake most Nigerians make, they want to break traditions and do things differently but this energy isn't transmitted into wealth/ society building, problem solving goals.

If you look deeply into what breaking norms mean for Nigerians , it's usually along the lines of anarchy , sexual liberation , doing taboo unproductive stuff ..eg Bleep society, Bleep morals, Bleep traditions, Bleep religion .. ( unproductive anarchy) .

If you want to be abnormal, channel that abnormality into something you and society will benefit from in a positive way.

3 Likes

Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by hstar: 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
good thread
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
I agree.
Meanwhile...

Imagine you’re in this experiment. The researcher presents the lines to the
room full of people. You can immediately see that the correct answer is B.
The experimenter goes round the room and asks each person in turn for their answer. The first guy says, ‘Uhh, I think it’s A.’ You snigger to yourself – what an idiot! Then the second person says, ‘Yep, A.’ You wipe your glasses and squint again. It really looks like B.
But the third, fourth and fifth people assert
confidently that A is the correct answer.
And now, the whole room is looking at
you for your answer.
‘A, I guess,’ you mumble.

Even though the correct answer couldn’t be plainer in Asch’s experiments,
many people conform to the majority’s blatantly wrong view. It seems very
strange that the participants in this experiment wouldn’t raise their hands
and disagree with the other people in the room. In this video, we look in
more detail at one of the forces that compels conformity in such situations –
the fear of standing out from the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbyIYXEu-nQ
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by rowland545(m): 9:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
post=101241812:

SECONDED!!!
who ask u?

Seconded ni secondus ko

1 Like

Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
FrankBass281:
Any infinix hot 9 for sale..needed urgently
That isn't normal bro.
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by Sebastine1994(m): 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
neyohh:
This is the mistake most Nigerians make, they want to break traditions and do things differently but this energy isn't transmitted into wealth/ society building, problem solving goals.

If you look deeply into what breaking norms mean for Nigerians , it's usually along the lines of anarchy , sexual liberation , doing taboo unproductive stuff ..eg Bleep society, Bleep morals, Bleep traditions, Bleep religion .. ( unproductive anarchy) .

If you want to be abnormal, channel that abnormality into something you and society will benefit from in a positive way.

heavy blessing fall on you for this comment
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by Vinnie2000(m): 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
Faller:
The truth is just because it's normal to you doesn't necessarily make it normal to me....

Example : The Polygamy in the Animal Husbandry Region...it's a norm there...
but is not that prevalent in the south.... I'm not saying it doesn't exist....

Secondly what Buhari is doing now is not Normal to sensible Nigerians...it's wickedness...but it's Normal to Garba Shehu....Femi adeshina.... pantami.... ...Helinues...arewa1stson and the rest of the BMC

MannaVultureGriller and His Bandwagon of Crazy Clowns take Buhari d Boko Terrorist as dier Personal Saviour n Champion!!

Idiotic Mofos..
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by Vivien458(f): 10:39pm On Apr 29, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ........
Well-done bros op

i owe bros op something...
but he must chose wisely between a parcel of weed or enough bottles or nord vpn username and password or a paid pussy.

reading over 100 topics, you always comments stupid and foolish. And always there to comment. Don't you have work?
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by Sesughray: 10:42pm On Apr 29, 2021
what a thought provoking piece you've got there.
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by DrAkpa(m): 3:53am On Apr 30, 2021
post=101241812:

I am a big fool

Hmmn, Orisirisi something
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by vanvino(m): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2021
Finally something worth thinking about, nice one op...in summary, you don't fight a war with someone else weapon: David not using Saul weapon to fight, UK still has a Queen even in this era of Democracy, look at China. I mean, When will Nigeria ever learn? Not UK, not USA. they may assist but with their self interest. No one can fix Nigerias problems except Nigerians. A new broom may sweep the house clearn but the old broom knows every corner in the house. People travel to Jeruselem all in the name of Jesus Christ, i told someone once, every families or country have their Jesus Christ but your attitude only prove Jesus words true: a prophet has no honor in his hometown, just like he didn't in his town, but us, outsiders celebrating him more than his people......is why i always cherish the Americans, the world may be crazy about Football but USA is all NBA, they have their own football and they creat market for it...... Man-Know-Thy-Self
Re: The Norm Is Not Always Normal by lenghtinny(m): 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
You are so on point.....

No sensible Nigerian should be okay with way things are going in this country
Faller:

Example : The Polygamy in the Animal Husbandry Region ( the North )...it's a norm there...
but it's not that prevalent in the south.... I'm not saying it doesn't exist....

Secondly what Buhari is doing now is not Normal to sensible Nigerians...it's wickedness...but it's Normal to Garba Shehu....Femi adeshina.... pantami.... ...Helinues...arewa1stson and the rest of the BMC

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corporal Punishment: A Significant Part Of The African Tradition? / IBADAN: The City Of Warriors; The Defenders Of The Yorubas. / Is The Igbo Language Dying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.