Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande (2144 Views)

Abia Court Sentences Two Former Bakassi Operatives To Death By Hanging / Arrested Edo Criminals Take Security Operatives To Their Bush Hideout / LAUTECH Student Leads EFCC Operatives To Arrest 24 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by TheSupleemLeada(m): 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2021

“He was targeted and killed after some of the Igbo he was fighting for gave out his details to the security forces,” a source explained.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK APR 26, 2021

The Nigerian Army ‘s operation against the Eastern Security Network and Indigenous People of Biafra in Awomama Village, Oru East Local Government Area of Imo State was aided by local informants which led to the killing of top commander, Ikonso Don, and others, SaharaReporters has learnt.

Sources told SaharaReporters that Ikonso was also given away by some of his photographs shared on social media as well as by one of his friends, who had been in touch with security agencies for weeks, if not months.

“Ikonso Don was a well-known hardcore IPOB member. When the ESN was launched, he joined and participated in several operations, rising to later become a commander. He was going to his village in Umuoma alongside other ESN members when they were ambushed.
“He was targeted and killed after some of the Igbo he was fighting for gave out his details to the security forces,” a source explained.
“His photographs were also shared on social media by a friend and he was given away as the ESN commander. That was the same place his photograph with Nnamdi Kanu was obtained,” another source revealed.
On Saturday, the army stated that its troops and the police intelligence team killed Ikonso, known as Vice President, and six IPOB commanders who worked for the Eastern Security Network in a raid the operatives carried out on the “operational Headquarters of the IPOB/ESN terrorists in Awomama village.”

The army had confirmed that an officer and three policemen were also shot dead by the ESN during the gun battle on Saturday.
The Director, Army Public Relations, Brig Gen Mohammed Yerima, released a photograph of Ikonso with IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu, as well as of the shrine where the ESN and IPOB fighters reportedly gathered in Oru East.

The army spokesman had revealed that they had been on the trail of Ikonso and other ESN commanders for weeks before he was finally captured.

“The IRT and DSS teams along with troops of 82 Division of the Nigerian Army have been on the trail of the terror group since the unfortunate attacks on the Imo State Police Command and the Owerri Correctional Center on April 5.

“The said Ikonso Commander, who was the mastermind of those attacks in addition to multiple attacks in the South-East and South-South regions, was neutralised along with six of his top Commanders.

“The joint intelligence team had earlier interviewed several arrested IPOB/ESN terrorists in connection with the April 5 attacks and they all confessed that Ikonso Commander who was named as Vice President by their leader, Nnamdi Kanu, was the one that mobilised men and resources as well as ordered and orchestrated the attacks on Owerri.

“They equally revealed that Ikonso was responsible for many other attacks on police stations across the two geo-political zones. The intelligence team later tracked the IPOB/ESN top leader to his exact location in Awomama village where he (Ikonson) and his commanders were hibernating and plotting dastardly acts against the Nigerian state.

“The neutralised Ikonso Commander had on several occasions posed for photographs with the fugitive leader of IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu,” the army stated.

IPOB’s spokesman, Emma Powerful, said on Sunday that Ikonso was truly ambushed.

“Yesterday (Saturday), our commander went to his village. They ambushed him with some politicians. They ordered the military to kill him. In Imo State, they arrested more than 50 people. They have been going to people’s houses to arrest them; in Anambra, they arrested so many people; in Abia, they arrested so many people,” he stated.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/26/ikonso-how-informants-helped-security-operatives-kill-ipobesn-commander
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by donbachi(m): 1:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nobody holds such a position and be an open vault.
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by TheSupleemLeada(m): 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
Mynd44 lalasticlala front page
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by theTranslator: 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
we warned them
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2021
Igbo betraying Igbo.....seybi them talk sey na Yoruba be the betrayers....lol flatin0s are the new Afonja's in town.... grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2021
Either you do good or you do bad
Always guard your territory closely.
Avoid social media
Keep your identity to people who you know in person .
Na person who we like we know
We no know who like us.

Be discreet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by edochie12: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2021
And then, the security forces are now paying with their head
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
edochie12:
And then, the security forces are now paying with their head

No worry....una get coconut head ba, until nnamidiot cownu totally turns your region into dante's 7th hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by TripleDdotcom: 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
Yoruba say: Kokoro tin je efo, ara efo lowa.

"The pest that is eating and destroying the vegetables is located just around the vegetables" I don't know if I did a great job in interpreting it though.

By the way, please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg. Thanks.
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Vaughanlanrewaj: 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Informant kor, insurgent ni. In this era of technology, bvn, satellite imaging, etc all their phone calls and movements were being monitored by DSS. It was a quest to give room to political solution that made his being apprehended delayed. Government knows all of them including where their fugitive leader is hiding. I remember those days of Jomo Gbomo. Government knew who it was until their cup ran full. The wise ones among them should toe the path of peace now before it's too late.

"People we know are attacking police stations and you say they are unknown Gunmen. The truth is, we know who they are. Are they attacking police stations in Rivers? No!, that's because I made sure they were completely flushed out of Rivers State. They are no longer here in Rivers. As long as I remain the governor of this state, no one, group or tribe will attack anyone or police officers.”

HE Nyesom Wike.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Armaggedon: 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
Of what use was the operation since things only got worse after he was murdered?

You said ESN camp was raided, now you're saying he was ambushed. Stop sounding like you're some hero because if not for the channel created by Uzodinma's emissaries of treachery, you wouldn't have had a soft target to ambush during sleep in his country home. He even reportedly took out more men than he lost before death.

8 Likes

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by phygo89(m): 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
Last last , they Judas will still commit suicide

6 Likes

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by knowhowk: 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Who will Rule Nigeria after 2023... Almighty God who is that Person that will Fight Corruption ,Secure Nigerians lives ,Turn arround our Economy for good ,Bring all the Ethnic group together , Restructures Nigeria .Restores the Lost Glory ....Who ,Who and Who
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
Judas everywhere
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Masterppower: 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
No Igbo should respond to this Yoruba propaganda.

It's only aimed at dividing igbos.

I repeat, no Igbo should listen to these buffoons .

Igbo's are wiser and our enemies are well known to us.... And they are y...

3 Likes

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Masterppower: 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
Yoruba's even betrayed Jesus so what's the ruse that someone betrayed another in 21st century??

No be new thing.

Nobody betrayed Ikonso.

Tell us who betrayed and killed abiola?

Tell us who betrayed and killed funsho Williams?

We have not forgotten, we are only buying time.

3 Likes

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Masterppower: 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Informant kor, insurgent ni. In this era of technology, bvn, satellite imaging, etc all their phone calls and movements were being monitored by DSS. It was a quest to give room to political solution that made his being apprehended delayed. Government knows all of them including where their fugitive leader is hiding. I remember those days of Jomo Gbomo. Government knew who it was until their cup ran full. The wise ones among them should toe the path of peace now before it's too late.

"People we know are attacking police stations and you say they are unknown Gunmen. The truth is, we know who they are. Are they attacking police stations in Rivers? No!, that's because I made sure they were completely flushed out of Rivers State. They are no longer here in Rivers. As long as I remain the governor of this state, no one, group or tribe will attack anyone or police officers.”

HE Nyesom Wike.

Why is the fugitive wike on the run?

Let him come and whine his mouth again.

After the noise, he secretly made peace with IPOB/MNK
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Vaughanlanrewaj: 2:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
Masterppower:

Why is the fugitive wike on the run?

Let him come and whine his mouth again.

After the noise, he secretly made peace with IPOB/MNK
Is that the lie your fugitive leader is dishing you now? Tell him to go and host a meeting in Rivers State and I will take you terrorists serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Charmingrascal(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
I knew it

Even a child knows that an insider gave him out.

I said it but Rodwave ESN new commander said I should "stop spreading lies"

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by makemoneywbsite: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:
Igbo betraying Igbo.....seybi them talk sey na Yoruba be the betrayers....lol flatin0s are the new Afonja's in town.... grin

Some Igbo are worse than Afonja. When they see money, they can betray like Afonja. I heard that Ikonso turned down 50 million to join ebubeagu. Now, that's a real Igbo son. I'm sure those that betrayed him did so for less that 10 million.
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by makemoneywbsite: 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2021
knowhowk:
Who will Rule Nigeria after 2023... Almighty God who is that Person that will Fight Corruption ,Secure Nigerians lives ,Turn arround our Economy for good ,Bring all the Ethnic group together , Restructures Nigeria .Restores the Lost Glory ....Who ,Who and Who

Pantami is the answer
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by egharevba72047: 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2021
front page
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Rodwave: 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
Charmingrascal:
I knew it

Even a child knows that an insider gave him out.

I said it but Rodwave ESN new commander said I should "stop spreading lies"

You don't have sense. You said captured ESN members sold him out in you previous comments. You abobaku miscreants are known for 'conscienceless' lies. Take your useless comment to somewhere else. I don't have time for any inconsistent and inconsequential ninny
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Rodwave: 5:42pm On Apr 27, 2021
What the Useless Saharareporters wrote is exactly what Nnamdi Kanu said on his broadcast after the murder of Ikonso. This useless media want to appear as if they carried out any investigative journalism with their usual nonsense 'source said source said' bulshit.

The rest are usual lies spread by the wicked terrorist Nigeria police and army after committing atrocious act.
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by ictjobber: 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2021
You don minit

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by ThuGGeR147: 5:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
Masterppower:
Yoruba's even betrayed Jesus so what's the ruse that someone betrayed another in 21st century??

No be new thing.

Nobody betrayed Ikonso.

na the Afonjas commit pass ooh.. angry
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Charmingrascal(m): 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2021
Rodwave:

You don't have sense. You said captured ESN members sold him out in you previous comments. You abobaku miscreants are known for 'conscienceless' lies. Take your useless comment to somewhere else. I don't have time for any inconsistent and inconsequential ninny

You are just a cretin with dim intellect.
I don't join words with dingbats
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Rodwave: 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2021
Charmingrascal:

You are just a cretin with dim intellect.
I don't join words with dingbats
See pain
Tunda faya yu ontop your painment

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by engrchykae(m): 8:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
Stale divide and rule tactics
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2021
Masterppower:

No be new thing.

Nobody betrayed Ikonso.

Coping mechanisms of a rettarded ipob fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Franzinni: 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
E sure me die...

Unless no be bloda flom that way..
Re: Ikonso: How Igbo Informants Helped Security Operatives To Kill IPOB/ESN Commande by Queenslander(f): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
Yes, we can see the treachery in your post,. Rubbish!!

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Defrauded Of My Phone / Cultist Mistakenly Killed Their Member Pieces The Head - VIDEO / Angry Wife Puts Pepper In The Vagina Of Her Husband's Side Chick (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.