Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! (31739 Views)

Regina Askia Celebrates Daughter, Stephanie As She Turns 24 / Regina Askia’s Daughter, Stephanie, Smoking Cigar, Shows Off Sexy Bikini Body / Throwback Pictures Of Regina Askia And Her Pretty Daughter, Stephanie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by aminalib(f): 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2011
Dale how is the weather in plano, I miss it bad
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Dale1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 24, 2011
Kinda cloudy right now. Rained a bit overnight with some thunders and very beautiful lightning to go with it, Are you in Plano?
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by aminalib(f): 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2011
I used to live in prosper then irving and worked in plano, i moved about a year ago, i am now in boston but deciding to come back in september
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Nekai(f): 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2011
Obviously she is a nurse because she loves nursing. Also, with a PhD she can become a professor, or she can be the director of a nursing program. She can be easily making $150,000 every year for the next 20 years. Can she do that as an actress? Is Nollywood paying 60+ year old women a huge some of money these days?
buzugee:

all of you guys are full of crap. you guys make america to be some kinda utopia. utopia it is not. this is not a good place to be in, especially for a nigerian who has spent the better part of their life in nigeria (talk less of one who was adored as a celeb in nigeria). i can bet you that all the nurses in america (and i mean every last one of them ) if offered 5 million dollars and told to return to nigeria OR if offered $150,000 per annum to live in america, i can bet my last dollar that every last bit of them will be on the next thing smoking out of america. there is no such thing as rest of mind or comfort in america. its not possible.
True.

GiidiMwan:

Unfortunately the Naijaness and bad belle in us seeks to try and pull people down and equate monetary millions with happiness. Money is needed to have a good life but don't feel that oodles of cash will make you any happier. I know, I've been there !!!! This isn't to say Millions make you unhappy, NO !!! What I say is that financial wealth is not guarantee of either HEALTH, LOVE, or HAPPINESS.

Regina has made a laudable choice to be out of the limelight and 'enjoy' her life privately. I can bet you the piece of mind she has in he US is better than providing cannon fodder for the gutter journalists who go round trying to smear people's names in the name of 'News Scoops'.

I've also seen comments about 'wiping butts in America' and it really showed me the shallowness and ignorance of whoever made such comments. I can bet you that person (or those people) are 'stuck' in Nigeria with little hope of ever crossing our borders. Let me educate YOU, Nursing is not about 'wiping butts' and has moved well ahead of the Nurse Eliza's you come across in Nigeria. Before you ask, NO, I'm not a nurse, will never and don't aspire to be one !!!!!!

Massive kudos to Regina , To me she's the kind of role model a lot of girls should aspire to be like. She's been there, Done that and I wish her all the very best !!!
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Dale1(m): 11:10pm On Apr 24, 2011
Bostonian!! You should come back to TX if you can, I love it, one of best palces to live. Did my residency in Albany NY, couldn't deal with the snow. Haven't missed it since I left. My cousin is graduating Harvard Business School May 26. Will be there,
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by aminalib(f): 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2011
Dale1:

Bostonian!! You should come back to TX if you can, I love it, one of best palces to live. Did my residency in Albany NY, couldn't deal with the snow. Haven't missed it since I left. My cousin is graduating Harvard Business School May 26. Will be there,

yes bostonian off and on,.but I hate it, can't wait to come back, i even stayed in NJ before but i sure prefer boston to nj
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Dale1(m): 11:23pm On Apr 24, 2011
Remember big Texas hospitality is waiting for you when you decide to make it back, I heard Texas created the most jobs in the country from most recent reports in spite of gov Perry running us aground with record budget deficits embarassed
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by aminalib(f): 11:26pm On Apr 24, 2011
Dale1:

Remember big Texas hospitality is waiting for you when you decide to make it back, I heard Texas created the most jobs in the country from most recent reports in spite of gov Perry running us aground with record budget deficits embarassed

are u guys not having a 3 day of prayer for the fire, and yes i always tell people that texas has an abundance of jobs, are u on here often?
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Dale1(m): 11:31pm On Apr 24, 2011
Yes we are!!! And we had rain too. Prayer works, No am hardly here, I guess today is my day smiley. I have posted more today than any day I can remember, but thats also because am talking to you. I enjoy visiting the site though grin
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by aminalib(f): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2011
Dale1:

Yes we are!!! And we had rain too. Prayer works, No am hardly here, I guess today is my day smiley. I have posted more today than any day I can remember, but thats also because am talking to you. I enjoy visiting the site though grin

Thank GOD, what area is it mostly effecting? if you would like to exchange facebook or email let me know, always good to know people in dallas
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Dale1(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2011
A lot of North Texas, Posum Kingdom etc. Yes lets do that.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by aminalib(f): 11:54pm On Apr 24, 2011
u can email me here, fanta.diallo19@yahoo.com
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Dale1(m): 11:56pm On Apr 24, 2011
OK. Will email you in the next few mins.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by adconline(m): 4:43am On Apr 25, 2011
Dale1@
You just saved my friends and relatives who are nurses; because if these illusory salaries were true, I would have charged them like they owe me for all the times that I helped when they were in school. I thought they lied to me about their incomes even though I was a privy in most of their contract negotiations. Folks keep posting frivolous figures. My pharmacist friend did not even make the type of money they are talking about here.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by THEAMAKA(f): 4:45am On Apr 25, 2011
as i said, it depends on where you work. nurses in California make more because its more expensive to live here. when maybe a nurse in Montana might not make as much as a nurse in California.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by kandiikane(m): 4:59am On Apr 25, 2011
Are you guys talking about private nurses or public?

@Amaka are you really on somalilife?
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:02am On Apr 25, 2011
kandiikane:

@Amaka are you really on somalilife?
nope. its that annibel loser girl. she said she went there to start some trouble. girl seriously needs a life, in my opinion.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by kandiikane(m): 5:11am On Apr 25, 2011
ooo alright
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:12am On Apr 25, 2011
can i get a link? can i see exactly what she's posting?
thanks.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by kandiikane(m): 5:17am On Apr 25, 2011
Link? Oh no, I just thought you were on it cause I wanted a link to see what you were posting cheesy
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by THEAMAKA(f): 5:18am On Apr 25, 2011
kandiikane:

Link? Oh no, I just thought you were on it cause I wanted a link to see what you were posting cheesy
ohhhhhhh, okay, i get you now. i thought you were reading some stuff that i was supposedly posting. lol
thanx for the clarification
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Ivynwa(f): 5:41am On Apr 25, 2011
She's three times a lady to have set her heart on a career and made it. It's another kind of sophistication I must say, a career change in one's late thirties/early forties. You go girl! She is still a beautiful queen while she is at it, I bet she will have some male patients dreaming and wishing for the Nigerian queen/nurse to take care of them all day long. LOL grin kiss
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by nimma(f): 6:34am On Apr 25, 2011
I dont think any amount of money is worth having marriage by correspondence. Did we ever stop to ponder if Nursing is her purpose in life? We dont know if thats what she has always wanted to be, or what fulfils her. Maybe acting was something she stumbled into. Not every thing in life is all about money. A good marriage and family life cant be bought, you consciously work it out, and that cant be done from a distance. I dont see her move as senseless, the fact that she has even gotten a phd in Nursing speaks volumes, besides nursing is a very honorable profession and nurses are well paid.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by viruz007(m): 9:22am On Apr 25, 2011
great move by her. Wonderin how i can get her daughtaz numba. Stil got a crush 4 her. cool
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by aminalib(f): 11:42am On Apr 25, 2011
THE AMAKA:

can i get a link? can i see exactly what she's posting?
thanks.

enjoy ur life, i have not posted anything about u, this is a post u and others made a while ago

http://www.somalilife.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=83268&highlight=nigerians
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by THEAMAKA(f): 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2011
so you came all the way to this thread to repeat the same crap?
buzz off.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by armyofone(m): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
Regina, way to go girl, way to go kiss kiss
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Outstrip(f): 2:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
This morning's front page news

#5 - Registered Nurse (RN)
RNs are responsible for a variety of vital tasks, including observing and recording patient symptoms and histories, administering medications, establishing and executing patient health care plans, and providing support for doctors, patients, and their families.

Hot factor: In addition to being the largest occupation in the health care industry, RNs are projected to enjoy excellent opportunities through 2018. In fact, the U.S. Department of Labor forecasts an addition of 581,500 new RN jobs from 2008-2018. [Click to find career training.]

Training options: If you want to get into nursing, you can take one of three routes: earn a nursing diploma, associate's degree in nursing, or a bachelor's of science in nursing. From there, you'll need to get licensed.

Average pay: National estimates put the mean annual wage for RNs at $66,530. For top earners, the average is $93,700.
[Find a Nursing school near you]

#6 - Health Care Administrator
Also known as medical and health services managers or health care executives, health care administrators plan, coordinate, and supervise how health and patient care is delivered.

Hot factor: This occupation is projected to experience faster than average growth through 2018. Opportunities should remain strong, especially for those with related work experience and business management skills, says the U.S. Department of Labor. [Click to find career training.]

Training options: A bachelor's degree could prepare you for some starting positions in smaller facilities, however most managers have a master's degree. To manage a specialized service, such as nursing care, you must pass a licensing exam, a state training program, and hold at least a bachelor's degree.

Average pay: The average yearly pay of a medical and health care administrative manager is $90,970. Top earners in this career average at $140,300.

The whole article here

http://education.yahoo.net/articles/health_care_training.htm?kid=1G3P8
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by vislabraye(m): 3:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
Good 4 her. She don dey age sha
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2011
armyofone:

Regina, way to go girl, way to go kiss kiss

Hey sweetheart
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by polokor60(m): 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2011
regina is such an enigma.at least she is not a wannabe.much respect to her smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Shout Out To His Baby Mama On Mother's Day / Chika Ike Speaks At Nigerian Independence Event In Brazil (Photos) / D'banj Gets Porshe Car As SLOT Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.