Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! (31754 Views)

Regina Askia Celebrates Daughter, Stephanie As She Turns 24 / Regina Askia’s Daughter, Stephanie, Smoking Cigar, Shows Off Sexy Bikini Body / Throwback Pictures Of Regina Askia And Her Pretty Daughter, Stephanie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by mamagee3(f): 1:23am On Apr 26, 2011
aminalib:

Thank GOD, what area is it mostly effecting? if you would like to exchange facebook or email let me know, always good to know people in dallas
What's so special about people in dallas?
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by aminalib(f): 1:24am On Apr 26, 2011
mama-gee:

What's so special about people in dallas?

we da best tongue
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by kandiikane(m): 1:31am On Apr 26, 2011
isn't Dallas filled will fat people? Then again why am I asking America is filled with fat people cheesy
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by aminalib(f): 1:33am On Apr 26, 2011
kandiikane:

isn't Dallas filled will fat people? Then again why am I asking America is filled with fat people cheesy

yep yep and yeop grin
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by vizion: 4:00am On Apr 26, 2011
big thumbs up to her

when a successful actress like Regina is going back to school up to PhD. level, some silly ppl in Nigeria are dropping out of school to go for auditioning for reality shows

later on they would tell u that Bill Gates is a university drop out too.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by hescool(m): 5:12am On Apr 26, 2011
some of you in here are buggin sha cheesy
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by matty1024: 8:00am On Apr 26, 2011
Too bad some of us don't appreciate hard-work! To acquire PH.D in any field is not just easy.
We should learn to give credit to people who really give time and attention to study even to PH.D level.
Regina did what she likes, and I think is a very good decision.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Agnesqueen(f): 1:11am On Apr 27, 2011
Nursing in the United States is much different than nursing or even medical schools in Nigeria. Some nurses in America probably have more education than Medical Doctors in Nigeria. And its not a myth for nurses here to earn well over $100,000 because advancement is guaranteed with the right experience and education. Now this Regina Askia or Imaobong Usoro what ever she wants to be called today might have a Ph.D in Nursing or a M.S.N. It does not matter. And the the engineers in the room, i know Engineers that are struggling to pay their morgage/rent because they are not earning enough. To advance in those fields is like advancing in a field with geniuses, if you are not Einstein smart you are not getting too far.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Akosbaba(m): 1:47am On Apr 27, 2011
Good for her
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by rubi(f): 3:43am On Apr 27, 2011
She is not a nurse the uniform is a movie she acted with Jim iyke in us when i remember the name I will write it.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by yemi2005(m): 8:37am On Apr 27, 2011
Infact Regina Askia is a wonderful woman I have ever seen
Yes I can say it loud that beauty is your birth right in your family
oh I don't mind this your beautiful angel at all
ahahahahahahhahahhaha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by rubi(f): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2011
The name of the movie is double shift. they acted as a result of the high rate of Nigerian men killing their wife who are nurses in US
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by enomakos(m): 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2011
cool
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by AChigozie1(f): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2011
I don't know Ms. Askia-Williams' work as an actress, but from reading the posts, I take it she was a huge star at one time and many people still admire her work.  With that said, I must correct some of the misconceptions being said about the nursing profession in the US.  Someone with a BSN or MSN or higher is NOT changing bed pans.  That is done by people who are CNAs or LPNs.  Certified Nursing Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse.  Nursing is a respected profession here in the states.  I'm not aware of any blatant racism where people say they don't want to be touched by a Black person.  If someone did say something so ignorant, it would probably be a elderly white person living in some hick town. 

For general information about the US nursing profession go to http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos083.htm
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2011
I am so proud of Regina Askia.Used to have a crush on her as a kid
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 28, 2011
A.Chigozie:

I don't know Ms. Askia-Williams' work as an actress, but from reading the posts, I take it she was a huge star at one time and many people still admire her work. With that said, I must correct some of the misconceptions being said about the nursing profession in the US. Someone with a BSN or MSN or higher is NOT changing bed pans. That is done by people who are CNAs or LPNs. Certified Nursing Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse. Nursing is a respected profession here in the states. I'm not aware of any blatant racism where people say they don't want to be touched by a Black person. If someone did say something so ignorant, it would probably be a elderly white person living in some hick town.

For general information about the US nursing profession go to http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos083.htm
Most white americans who live in trailer parks tend to be racist
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Blazay(m): 11:53am On Apr 29, 2011
The name of the movie is double shift. they acted as a result of the high rate of [size=20pt]Nigerian-IGBO [/size] men killing their wife who are nurses in US

Clarification please.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by CrudeOil2(m): 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2011
With the sort of fame she had back then in Nigerian entertainment, I would'nt expect this from her. She would've been better if she was still in the Nigerian entertainment industry. But anyway, its her life.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by kandiikane(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2011
^^The woman wanted to educate, atleast have something better on her name than just actress. Although I think she could have done better with the Phd like a doctor or Mathematician,scientist, philosopher or something better than a nurse.

lol why get a Phd in nursing though? Its like me getting a Phd in fashion lmao
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by CrudeOil2(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
^^ Being a nurse ain't better than being a famous and loved actress. Damn! She would have been more famous than Genevive now.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by kandiikane(m): 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2011
I'm not talking about that her been famous, I am talking about having something education wise on your CV.
Even if you are famous, be educated so you can have even more credibility smiley
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by Hatal: 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2011
in fact i love dat woman, her daughter is not bad too, keep it up regina smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by CrudeOil2(m): 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2011
kandiikane:

I'm not talking about that her been famous, I am talking about having something education wise on your CV.
Even if you are famous, be educated so you can have even more credibility smiley
She already has a college degree, so she is educated.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by kandiikane(m): 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2011
Yes but education does not stop with a college degree.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by CrudeOil2(m): 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2011
kandiikane:

Yes but education does not stop with a college degree.
Please, tell me when education stops?
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by kandiikane(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2011
Till Death
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by CrudeOil2(m): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
Correct. That means she can also get educated (formally and informally) while acting. She had more prospects, she could have been a prominent entertainment ambassador in and outside the country, been an influential actress and woman. But she decided to chose a humble profession in a country where she would be unknown and unrecognized. It's her life anyway.
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by johnkent(m): 2:28am On May 02, 2011
I'm a registered Nurse with a bachelors degree in the San Francisco bay area and I easily make $150K/year working 4 days/wk (48hrs/wk).
Going to Grad school right now to become a Certified registered nurse Anesthetist and I should easily make $200K around the bay area when I'm done.

So, for those are you talking trash up in here about how bad nursing sucks, I bet you'll take $150K to clean up poop ANY DAY. I'm proud of what i do and i absolutely love my job. Wouldn't trade it for anything else in this world. I started making 6 figure salary with an associates degree at age 21 and i cant think of any other degree that would pay me that much with an associates degree. FYI: nurses in the midwest make about $45K/yr so don't think all nurses in the states make $150K.

Anyways, I just heard my patients call light go off. probably needs to be cleaned again and I'll be doing it with a beautiful smile on my face as always.
PEACE!!!
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by vanni(f): 5:47am On May 13, 2011
@ySTRANGER or whatever you call yourself, if it is paining you too much that she is a nurse, why dont you jump off your balcony ,lose your keyboard or call the cops
Re: Regina Askia Is Now A Registered Nurse (pics)! by chyndu(f): 11:58am On May 26, 2011
Na wao for some people, wetin concern una with her life/career. Even though she be kogbe kogbe dat one na her business na.

Abi una never hear say shit money no dey smell. So shut up your mouth and mind your business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beverly Naya Is Stunning In Fringe Mini Dress / Charly Boy: Aside Sex, Most Girls Have Nothing To Offer A Man / Fans Accuse IcePrince Of Bleaching After Flashing His Knuckles (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.