Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List (11985 Views)

Flutterwave Is Asking For My BVN For Verified Identification Of Me / Flutterwave Is Y Combinator’s Most valuable African Comp, Valued At $150M / Rave Flutterwave Is Ruining My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by trutharena: 1:29am On Apr 28, 2021
Flutterwave, a Nigerian fintech firm, has been named a “Pioneer” on TIME’s 2021 list of the 100 Most Influential Companies in the world.

In a list, which includes big wigs like Apple, Twitter and Stripe, the firm makes history as the only African company to make it this year.

The list was divided into 5 categories; Pioneers, Leaders, Innovators, Disruptors and Titans.

TIME reports that the fintech company was chosen for its efforts in recharging retailers after the pandemic slowed travel in Nigeria.

Flutterwave co-founder and CEO, Olugbenga Agboola, explained that the digital payment provider launched a free promotion called “keeping the lights on.”

When pandemic lockdowns hit brick-and-mortar businesses in Africa, the digital-payment service was able to rapidly set up digital storefronts for 20,000 customers, throwing them a lifeline.

Mr Agboola compares the infrastructure of digital transactions across nations and platforms, “you don’t want to think about it, you just want it to work.”

Mr Agboola called the free campaign “keeping the lights on.”

It would be recalled that Flutterwave hit tech-unicorn status in March when it secured $170 million in Series C funding from global investors, valuing the company at more than $1 billion.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/458055-nigerias-flutterwave-is-only-african-firm-on-times-2021-influential-list.html

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:55am On Apr 28, 2021
In a list, which includes big wigs like Apple, Twitter and Stripe, the firm makes history as the only African company to make it this year.

This is massive.
This is a big one for Flutterwave.
Higher and higher you go.
This is only the beginning of more success for you guys.
We are looking forward to more positive news as this as time goes.

God bless Nigeria

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by 4tomandchi: 6:55am On Apr 28, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by DontBullshitMe: 6:56am On Apr 28, 2021
This is massive. . .

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 28, 2021
Very much well deserved.
I love that fintech.
Whatsapp bulk messenger for marketing available at 15k

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by globalresource: 6:56am On Apr 28, 2021
Lovely

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by djlawex02(m): 6:56am On Apr 28, 2021
g

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by drips8(m): 6:56am On Apr 28, 2021
An impressive feat, there could have been more if we had a functioning nation.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by ebullient19(f): 6:56am On Apr 28, 2021
Congratulations to us

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Dobbes(m): 6:57am On Apr 28, 2021
Good one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by dheaven: 6:57am On Apr 28, 2021
Good one...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by celestialAgent(m): 6:57am On Apr 28, 2021
Well deserved.

Check this MOBILE WORKSTATION: Intel Core i7, 32GB Ram, 4gb DDRAM, Key Backlight, Nvidia Quadro m1000m, Super sleek and light weight.

Pictures: https://www.nairaland.com/6480586/hp-zbook-studio-g3-mobile

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by adecz: 6:57am On Apr 28, 2021
➡Any positive thing you hear
internationally about Nigeria
originates from southern Nigeria.

➡When it is negative reports of death,
bloodshed & terrorism, you are sure
it is from the backward north.

➡❌❌❌❌❌⚡⚡❌❌❌❌⚡⚡❌❌❌❌❌❌⬅

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by FarahAideed: 6:57am On Apr 28, 2021
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by kambili999(f): 6:57am On Apr 28, 2021
Lovelyyy. Good news at last cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Zanotty(m): 6:58am On Apr 28, 2021
We got potential in this country just d leaders will rather die than see it come to reality

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by DesChyko: 7:00am On Apr 28, 2021
Well done Mr Agboola!

More wins to the people you surround yourself with cool

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Opexzy: 7:00am On Apr 28, 2021
Weldone the flutterwave team. You are doing well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by southsouthking(m): 7:01am On Apr 28, 2021
Please and Please, help a Brother going for a job interview tomorrow with transportation fare.

I reside at Alakoto Meji here in Badagry, and the location for the job interview is at Victoria Island.

Syngenta Nigeria Limited:

Plot 5 Chief Yusuf biodun Street, Oniru Road, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Please help me get this Job, it will be a life changer for me.

Nothing is too small please i beg you all in the name of God and Allah.

Thanks to you all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Taye4j: 7:01am On Apr 28, 2021
When it comes to Tech in Nigeria, just give it to the Yorubas, they are the best.

I wonder what would have happened if they had Oduduwa nation, they would have been competing with China, Japan etc.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by 4tomandchi: 7:03am On Apr 28, 2021
Bunch of criminals I used them as a payment gateway online that's how they kept deducting that amount from my account without my approval.

I complained severally but First Bank kept saying there is nothing they can do so I decided to block the card.

So why won't they be influential when they steal from people everyday.

Imagine a bank telling you they can't do anything for illegal deduction from your account.

I swear Nigeria is a jungle till it happens to you first.

GMB - Scam
APC - Scam

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by landforeast(m): 7:04am On Apr 28, 2021
Making sense
Flutterwave is good
Paystack is also good
Nigeria Youth have brains but unfortunately they have dumb Leaders.
Meanwhile Genuine Land for sale in Eastern NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Sammy07: 7:05am On Apr 28, 2021
Omoluabi and Tech.
5 & 6

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Sammy07: 7:06am On Apr 28, 2021
Taye4j:
When it comes to Tech in Nigeria, just give it to the Yorubas, they are the best.

I wonder what would have happened if they had Oduduwa nation, they would have been competing with China, Japan etc.

Walahi cool

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Okortor: 7:07am On Apr 28, 2021
Well deserved. If you really know about flutterwave, you would understand.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by juniorboma: 7:08am On Apr 28, 2021
How about paystack?
Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by akanbiaa(m): 7:08am On Apr 28, 2021
Good
Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by egopersonified(f): 7:10am On Apr 28, 2021
wait for it, wait for it. The government coming to impose an unheard of tax on that $1billion

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Alejobs: 7:10am On Apr 28, 2021
Have you heard about laptop powerbank? More than ten hours guaranteed and up to double that possiblethis is for you and your friend.In case you need external battery for your laptop, i have for sale. It is guaranteed to impress you. Powerbank for Laptop!
Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 28, 2021
Make everybody Get out abeg
Re: Nigeria’s Flutterwave Is The Only African Firm On TIME’s 2021 Influential List by Tapout(m): 7:13am On Apr 28, 2021
southsouthking:
Please and Please, help a Brother going for a job interview tomorrow with transportation fare.

I reside at Alakoto Meji here in Badagry, and the location for the job interview is at Victoria Island.

Syngenta Nigeria Limited:

Plot 5 Chief Yusuf biodun Street, Oniru Road, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Please help me get this Job, it will be a life changer for me.

Nothing is too small please i beg you all in the name of God and Allah.

Thanks to you all.

attach a screenshot of the invite with HR's signature and drop your account details.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Invest In Abia, Get Land Title Documents In 24hrs — IKPEAZU / Pilgrims Didn’t Get Forex At Subsidised Rate – Emefiele / Best Dealers To Buy My Neteller And Skrill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.