Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Is My Relationship Still Worth It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Relationship Still Worth It? (3161 Views)

If Your Partner Goes Through Your Phone, Will Your Relationship Still Survive? / Can This Relationship Still Work Out?? / I Have Forgiven My Girlfriend But Can Our Relationship Still Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Juliane: 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2021
Hello everyone! I need some advice concerning my relationship. I met a guy back in 2016 and we started dating. But after a year he migrated abroad and we decided to continue the relationship (long distance).
It has been going well. As a matter of fact we talk every single day and my family is aware of our relationship. He planned to come and visit last year but his papers are not ready yet and that’s what has been preventing us from seeing each other.
I work in an insurance company and I am financially independent but he still sends me gifts and helps me out financially on a regular basis. He is a caring and loyal person in general and I have been very grateful and loyal to him.
The difficult part is that we have been in this long distance relationship since 2017! We plan to get married once we’re able to be ‘physically’ together and I can’t imagine being married to anyone else but him. But we don’t know exactly how long the process would take. I am approaching 30 and even though I am not really the type that feels pressured about age, I know that I am not getting younger and I definitely feel the urge to spend time with the man I love and I feel like moving to the next level in our relationship. He has been begging me to be patient and has even promised my parents that he’s coming to marry me. I talk with his parents ans siblings regularly. He asked me to try getting a visa to join him and he financed the whole process but in the end the visa was denied. My younger siblings are married with kids and I feel lonely at times. Should I keep waiting and watch the years pass us by like this?
Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Xenry: 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
You better wait for him, but make sure that he's serious about una marriage. Men who are ready for marriage are scarce these days, because nobody wan enter marriage with poverty.

11 Likes

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Kriss216: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
Age is just a number.

30 is nothing.

Give him 5 more years. If he fails to return, you can out of your benevolence add extra 2 years for him, if he didn't return, you can then contemplate whether to move on with your sweet life.

Ndi abroad husband or nothing grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by PlayMaker14: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
Dear Juliane,

I really commend you for waiting that long for him, trust me, it's not easy... I will advise you to wait a little while if you truly want this man and don't put yourself into unnecessary pressure because you want to level up with your younger ones.

Try to keep the communication flowing between him and his family members and don't forget to also build yourself financially and otherwise...

Please don't see yourself as an evening newspaper, you're not up to that age.

On a lighter note; Apply Kayamanta" when he returns and trust me, he will not waste 2 seconds with the marriage plans.

I wish you well.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Jashub: 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
Just be patient: he will marry you ; since it is obvious that he is committed to sending you over to join him. And lastly, make a habit of praying. For who knows whether that may hasten the process.

Peace

5 Likes

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Bluezy13(m): 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
Another abroad guy wahala...
Well, I don't want to seem like the "it will end in tears" crew.
So make i kukuma keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by daniel7328(m): 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
If you feel it worth waiting for why not wait and don't allow anything or anyone intimidate you pressurize you.... follow your mind.

1 Like

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by DDDEnterprises: 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
Someone in "the abroad" (unless it's not the abroad I'm thinking) is so committed to marrying you so much like this, when he could marry someone over there to get some great opportunities over there, and you're thinking of leaving him?

in this time when finding a committed love interest is very scarce?

The guy has tried now. He tried to the extent of trying to secure your visa but it just didn't work out.

Look, this life is all about patience oo. If you are living in this world and you're not ready to be patient, then be ready to make the wrong choice or lose hold of good things and bear the consequences.

And also, no one should look at what others are doing to judge his own life. Their circumstances are different. Their purposes in life are different. God's plan for their lives is different.

Rather, one must focus on his own life, and employ all the spiritual and physical measures within his capacity to make the right choices suitable for his own life.

The man obviously loves you and he's committed to you. If he's a good man in character, that seals it. He's a right choice; a rare right choice out of many wrong choices out there.

So put your emotions and feelings in check, continue working towards your dream of being with him and exercise patience for this good that's close to being within your grasp to not pass you by.

Life is all about patience. A man who's not ready to exercise patience will likely end up a loser or a criminal!

God guide you.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by chatinent: 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
Why worry?

If you can do sth about it, then do it. Why worry?

If you cannot do sth about it, why worry still?

I understand your epistle.

My fear is waiting for an unsuspecting married boyfriend overseas. If you trust your instincts, and are ready to endure whatever pain or joy, take the bull by its horns.

One more thing, don't jump into marriage because others are married. Forever is too long pretending to be happy.

You are welcome.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
wait a little more sistergirl...

don't be pressurised by your peers. no be every distant relationship dey end in Premium tears..

but I no too trust those abroad guys sha..

someone up there said "ndi abroad husband or nothing" grin

2 Likes

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2021
Impatience is worrying you too much. You better calm down.

So what if your younger siblings are married? You have such a responsible man and you want to trade him for some fake that will rush you Into a marriage that you may end up not finding happiness and peace in.

It's not as if he kept you in the dark. At least you know what is causing the delays. I expect you to go on your knees and pray against it instead of reasoning a breakup.
Where is the virtue in you?

Wait for him but if you can't, hand him over. Lol.. I don't know that man you want to go and start with all over again that will not waste your time. You're still going to need time to understudy each other. So why not use that time to wait up for your guy. It may not even be so long again before everything clicks.

Being a virtous woman starts from now. Go on your knees and pray for both of you. Look for strong prayer points against delay and barriers. God answers prayers if you're serious and tired of the situation.
You're almost there.

5 Likes

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by lilvicky68(m): 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2021
Have patience before the next 20years..you will be married with grown children..but I no know when..

2 Likes

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Kriss216: 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2021
lilvicky68:
Have patience before the next 20years..you will be married with grown children..but I no know when..
God bless you abundantly for this expository.

You're one of the few honest persons here.

grin
Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2021
Do what you want that you think will be the best for you and don't do it out of pressure, someone's advice may not work for you, you keep talking about you not being bothered by age but inside you, you are already feeling your age, it's better to marry late than to marry the wrong person

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by lilvicky68(m): 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kriss216:

God bless you abundantly for this expository.

You're one of the few honest persons here.

grin
Thank you .. honesty na my native name..

1 Like

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Kriss216: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2021
lilvicky68:
Thank you .. honesty na my native name..
Obviously.
Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Juliane: 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
Jashub:
Just be patient: he will marry you ; since it is obvious that he is committed to sending you over to join him. And lastly, make a habit of praying. For who knows whether that may hasten the process.

Peace
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Kriss216: 2:21pm On Apr 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Dear Juliane,

I really commend you for waiting that long for him, trust me, it's not easy... I will advise you to wait a little while if you truly want this man and not be put into unnecessary pressure because you want to level up with your younger ones.

Try to keep the communication flowing between him and his family members and don't forget to also build yourself financially and otherwise...

On a lighter note; Apply Kayamanta" when he returns and trust me, he will not waste 2 seconds with the marriage plans.

I wish you well.
Dear Jason,

I've always known you as an honest guy until now. Why saying 30 is not up to evening newspaper?

1 Like

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by PlayMaker14: 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kriss216:

Dear Jason,

I've always known you as an honest guy until now. Why saying 30 is not up to evening newspaper?
Kriss abeg leave me grin

She said she's not up to 30 na cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Juliane: 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
Do what you want that you think will be the best for you and don't do it out of pressure, someone's advice may not work for you, you keep talking about you not being bothered by age but inside you, you are already feeling your age, it's better to marry late than to marry the wrong person
yes I must admit that the age factor has started bothering me lately.
I didn’t used to be the type that bothered much about age; I spent some of my teenage years with my grandmother who always said “A career is a woman’s first husband” . So I have always been focusing on my career and I went pretty far in tertiary education. But you know how African aunties usually put pressure on us and start reminding us how “old” we are whenever one of our younger ones gets married or gives birth.
Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Kriss216: 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Kriss abeg leave me grin
She said she's not up to 30 na cheesy
Na the same thing. Kaduna Road leads to Kaduna.

5 Likes

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by b3llo(m): 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
Am coming
Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Juliane: 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Dear Juliane,

I really commend you for waiting that long for him, trust me, it's not easy... I will advise you to wait a little while if you truly want this man and don't put yourself into unnecessary pressure because you want to level up with your younger ones.

I wish you well.
Thanks. Please what is “Kayamanta”?
Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by blinking001(m): 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2021
Interviewer :Which man in his right senses would want to still settle down with a woman that's already approaching 30 years?An expired evening newspaper for that matter

Me: a foolish low self esteemed Pussy wipped man.

Interviewer: you're Hired

Me: thanks sir, I'm grateful.
Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Juliane: 2:41pm On Apr 29, 2021
daniel7328:
If you feel it worth waiting for why not wait and don't allow anything or anyone intimidate you pressurize you.... follow your mind.
Thanks.
Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by JustCruise(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
My dear, if your heart still wants to wait then by all means wait but make sure you guys spell out what you want from the relationship.

Ps: I have seen where these abroad marriages work but stories i read online these days dey one kind.
Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by PlayMaker14: 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kriss216:

Na the same thing. Kaduna Road leads to Kaduna.
You're a wicked guy. grin

1 Like

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Juliane: 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
blinking001:
Interviewer :Which man in his right senses would want to still settle down with a woman that's already approaching 30 years?An expired evening newspaper for that matter

Me: a foolish low self esteemed Pussy wipped man.

Interviewer: you're Hired

Me: thanks sir, I'm grateful.
Lol. I actually laughed at your joke. � It’s ridiculously funny!
But if in your immature mind someone who is approaching 30 is an expired news paper, what would you call the person that brought you into this world? Oh and the day that one of your unborn daughters is getting married after 25, don’t forget to tell this joke to her fiancé and her.
Have a good day child.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by KnightofMoscow: 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
Juliane:
Hello everyone! I need some advice concerning my relationship. I met a guy back in 2016 and we started dating. But after a year he migrated abroad and we decided to continue the relationship (long distance).
It has been going well. As a matter of fact we talk every single day and my family is aware of our relationship. He planned to come and visit last year but his papers are not ready yet and that’s what has been preventing us from seeing each other.
I work in an insurance company and I am financially independent but he still sends me gifts and helps me out financially on a regular basis. He is a caring and loyal person in general and I have been very grateful and loyal to him.
The difficult part is that we have been in this long distance relationship since 2017! We plan to get married once we’re able to be ‘physically’ together and I can’t imagine being married to anyone else but him. But we don’t know exactly how long the process would take. I am approaching 30 and even though I am not really the type that feels pressured about age, I know that I am not getting younger and I definitely feel the urge to spend time with the man I love and I feel like moving to the next level in our relationship. He has been begging me to be patient and has even promised my parents that he’s coming to marry me. I talk with his parents ans siblings regularly. He asked me to try getting a visa to join him and he financed the whole process but in the end the visa was denied. My younger siblings are married with kids and I feel lonely at times. Should I keep waiting and watch the years pass us by like this?
you just have to be patient... Don't just call his parents to say hello, visit them at regular intervals

1 Like

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by dafeoroyo: 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
Yes it wort waiting for provided you are 100 percent sure both of you will be getting married, i know a lot of volks that their babes have waited for long in vain at the end of the day no wedding, even a lot of married couples whose partners went abroad with promise to bring down the other partner over their going to 10-15 years still no show

Just be prayerful, be faithful and hopeful, also pray for him,i also pray for you God shall grant you your hearth desire,noting you imagine to do that shall be refrain from you

2 Likes

Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by PlayMaker14: 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
Juliane:
Thanks. Please what is “Kayamanta”?
Just do a Google search...

But that should be the least of your worries.

Try and visit his parents.
Re: Is My Relationship Still Worth It? by Polynek(m): 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2021
Opinion is like a nose everybody get His/Her own. I blv all dix advise from our friends here can help you make a decision. I wish you all the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Had Car Sex / This Is The Girl You Deserve (pix) / I Need Help...i'm Losing Myself For A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.