Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? (468 Views)

The Law Of God And Righteousness, Do We Still Need The 10 Commandments? / The Only Way To Become God's Righteousness Is By Keeping God's Word! / Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by livingchrist: 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
The prophet Isaiah rightly laid it clear that our righteousness is nothing but a filthy rag.
Jesus only came to save people who recognise these facts, the parable of the pharisee and the publican come to mind.

Luke 18:9-14
And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

The self righteous pharisee listed out his works thinking he was better than the publican sinner.

This is the reason why prostitutes, arm robbers and other sinners would enter the kingdom, and the religious self righteous would thrown out into eternal damnation.

The publican recognized that he doesnt have any righteousness but sort God's mercy but the pharisee relied on his work.

The righteousness through faith relies on God not self but the righteousness of works depend on self rather than God.

There read if the righteousness you have is not God's righteousness but your own righteousness you will be condemned outright simply because human righteousness can not save you.
God's Judgment is either you get 100% or you score zero there is no 99.999999999999999% with God.
For You to get 100% you simply have to be God himself, hence Isaiah said that all our righteousness is filthy rag before God.

The only true righteous man that has ever lived is Jesus, he is the only man to satisfy God's Demand for 100% perfection and by offering himself as a payment for sin we could be given this 100% righteousness for free through faith in him.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

For paul it was Christ and nothing else, he has no righteousness but christ, he lived by faith in the son of God his one desire is to please the Lord because he was but with a price and so all true saved belivers says and hold unto.
Christ Jesus is all and all enough!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by livingchrist: 10:39pm On Apr 29, 2021
The gospel is simple!
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by longetivity(m): 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2021
Righteousness89
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
livingchrist:
The gospel is simple!
Jesus Christ instead said His yoke is easy and His burden is light, but you conclude instead that He is simple. Are you certain you understand what the Gospel is? undecided
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by doggedfighter(f): 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
Both are arrant nonsense.
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by livingchrist: 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ instead said His yoke is easy and His burden is light, but you conclude instead that He is simple. Are you certain you understand what the Gospel is? undecided
The gospel is simple
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by LisaAnneMia: 11:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
livingchrist:
The gospel is simple
It takes religious people to complicate it
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
livingchrist:
The gospel is simple
Again...
Kobojunkie:
undecided
LisaAnneMia:
It takes religious people to complicate it
I guess that means Jesus Christ was religious since He is the one who declared that He came bearing a yoke and a burden for those who will accept and obey Him. undecided
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by doggedfighter(f): 11:42pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again... undecided
I guess that means Jesus Christ was religious since He is the one who declared that He came bearing a yoke and a burden for those who will accept and obey Him. undecided

Those are the kind of things he's quick to bear for his followers.

A yoke and a burden.
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
doggedfighter:

Those are the kind of things he's quick to bear for his followers.
A yoke and a burden.
What are you yapping about now? undecided

A "yoke and burden" implies a Contract agreement. Don't act as if those are suddenly an abomination to you and your existence. undecided
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by doggedfighter(f): 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What are you yapping about now? undecided

A "yoke and burden" implies a Contract agreement. Don't act as if those are suddenly an abomination to you and your existence. undecided

Oshey, translator grin
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by orisa37: 11:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS!!!
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Apr 30, 2021
doggedfighter:

Oshey, translator grin
no bigger! Just didn't want to watch you loose your knickers there over something so "trivial" to an average inhabitant of the world we live in today. undecided
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by doggedfighter(f): 12:09am On Apr 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
no bigger! Just didn't want to watch you loose your knickers there over something so "trivial" to an average inhabitant of the world we live in today. undecided

You translated rubbish, though.

Just so you know grin
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by Kobojunkie: 12:14am On Apr 30, 2021
doggedfighter:

You translated rubbish, though.
Just so you know grin
I know you know very well that I told you the truth of this. You just have a hard time accepting that I am right and you wrong in your assumption. undecided
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by Subduer: 12:28am On Apr 30, 2021
Righteousness the nature of God, which Adam threw away, is the direct opposite of INIQUITY the nature of Satan, which all mankind Inherit from Adam.
Christ Jesus, the Last Adam, loved Righteousness, the symbol of His Kingdom, and hated INIQUITY, the DNA of Satan and all his followers.
The Kingdom of God and His Righteousness uses the True Light in Christ Jesus to subdue satanic Darkness anywhere in this world.
Anyone who refuse to SEEK the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness is deceiving him or herself, claiming falsely to be a Christian.
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On Apr 30, 2021
Subduer:
Righteousness the nature of God, which Adam threw away, is the direct opposite of INIQUITY the nature of Satan, which all mankind Inherit from Adam.
Christ Jesus, the Last Adam, loved Righteousness, the symbol of His Kingdom, and hated INIQUITY, the DNA of Satan and all his followers.
The Kingdom of God and His Righteousness uses the True Light in Christ Jesus to subdue satanic Darkness anywhere in this world.
Anyone who refuse to SEEK the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness is deceiving him or herself, claiming falsely to be a Christian.
All mankind inherited iniquity yet Abel, son of Adam was known as a Righteous man. So also were Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Job and many others who were not directly listed then, all of them made righteous by God throught their direct Truat and obedience in Him. undecided

Even after introducing His Old Covenant Law of Moses, God never lowered His standard for even Israel whom He loved as He demanded holiness and Righteousness as the fee for obtaining the promise which He made first with Abraham, their ancestor. undecided

Jesus Christ came as a new Covenant between God and individual man, and still the standard set by God from Adam was never lowered as Jesus Christ came commanded Holiness, and Righteousness as the fee for to obtain the Kingdom of Heaven in the end. Where Jesus Christ commands that all who will follow Him first seek to become worthy of Him, the Kingdom of God, and then seek God's s Righteousness by asking God Himself, the one who gives all good things. undecided
Re: Which Righteousness Do You Have? God's Righteousness Or Your Own Righteousness? by Subduer: 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2021
The Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus is a Free Gift, to all who INVITE Christ to DWELL in their hearts as Saviour and Lord. This INDWELLING Christ our Righteousness wasn't possible in the Old Testament, under the blood of animal sacrifices. 1Cor 1:30.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Your Destiny Helpers And What To Do To Make Them Loc / Confiding With Pastor And Muslim Alfa. Is It Okay? / Anyone Who Utters That Church Is A Business Will Go To Hell. God Revealed To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.