Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria (30277 Views)

How Much Do Dispatch Riders Make Monthly? / Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by damzy88: 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
JIREN01:
5.3k USD monthly is 60K USD monthly. Only 37% of Americans earn above 50k per annum. Always rushing to make conversions without considering the economic differences.
Thanks
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by Cousin9999: 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2021
Rich, generally speaking, is when you don't have to work to live comfortably.

But being comfortable is not being rich.

There's research that says a salary of about $65k-105k (annually) in the US is basically "comfortable" or peak satisfaction. So whatever metrics they used to arrive at that can (generally) be applied to arrive at the Nigerian equivalent. The difference being culture and lifestyle of course.
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 30, 2021
Techsupport:

I am no business person, I am a monthly income person. I don't know the average income in Nigeria. My question is this how much money should you have to be considered rich.
or how much monthly income should you make to be considered rich?
You need to have a net worth of at least 2.5 billion naira ($5M) and can afford to spend N5-10m a month. anything less you are not rich, just at best upper middle class.

1 Like

Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by Asquare84(m): 8:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
blockheadd:
Nigeria is messed up. everyone in Nigeria apart from a minute few are only one sickness away from poverty. A nation that has no proper healthcare system is a nation full of poor people but who may not know it. The greatest poverty in the world is poverty of the health. This message is only for the deep minded.

Have you tried national health insurance scheme
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2021
Asquare84:

Have you tried national health insurance scheme

which kind yeye NHIS? Do you know how many rich Nigerians died during covid because they couldnt travel abroad?
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by Durklil: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
Just make millions
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by kelvindj98: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
Broke Niggas analysing invisible money.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by playguy2(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2021
To attain financial freedom (riches/wealth),

*You must have a system of passive income
*your passive income must surpass your expenses.
*You must possess an asset.
*Must be able help others
NB: Riches or Wealth is relative

2 Likes

Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by Rossinkup: 8:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
abbeyty90:
I know Naira is in it lowest point at the moment but de way these people dey quote figures get as e be, how many American make 30,000 dollar per month? I am sure many of them earn less than 5,000 dollar per month

Most of them na 3k usd plus per month before tax which removes a quarter.
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by NairaMaster1(m): 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
damosky12:
Rich is relative.

The amount of income or resources you consider to be wealth is meaningless to another person. This is why a "big boy" income in Nigeria is what a cleaner earns in the USA.

As long as you are able to pay your bills, meet your needs and that of your family, with some good savings/assets to back up, you are rich!

You don't have to wait for someone to consider you rich. If B considers you rich, Z might not. Just be rich in your mind!

What a cleaner earns in USA goes to tax. That's why you are yet to see a rich one.
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by dominion001(m): 9:05pm On Apr 30, 2021
Richness is all about mindset.

Godliness with contentment is a great gain.

1 Like

Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by Abujakenneth: 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2021
Few years ago an organisation carried out a survey which stated that any person with an average income of not less than N650k per.month is in the middle class and rich. N2.5m per month is in the upper class.
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by flamingREED(m): 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2021
Many Nairalanders are really lazy readers.

Just so you know, the international poverty line passes through Nigeria at about #900 a day.
Therefore, if you're spending less than that a day, you're in poverty.
To get the exact answer to the question, however, you'd need Google.
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by ALISMILE(m): 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
ratiken:

2.6M = 5.3k USD.... I don't think Nigerians fully understand what Buhari has done.

If your earning is naira... forget it, you have lost so much value. The average Nigerian millionaire aint rich.
Forget this trash up there
We ain't in America

2.6m got a lot of value in nija
It will go along way

2 Likes

Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by shortgun(m): 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Couple millions. Me I'm poor so i no dey drag am with anybody. Never seen million with my eye before
Can I show you?
At the end money does not bring Happiness.
No one is truly rich..it's an illusion.

1 Like

Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2021
ratiken:

2.6M = 5.3k USD.... I don't think Nigerians fully understand what Buhari has done.

If your earning is naira... forget it, you have lost so much value. The average Nigerian millionaire aint rich.

That's why dollar millionaires here are called billionaires.
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2021
/
If you already have a house and car(s), then N300k per month should be ok.

/
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
livinbygrace:
What business can you do in Nigeria with 5m naira and make a good profit daily or weekly?

Learn bombing grin
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2021
abbeyty90:
I know Naira is in it lowest point at the moment but de way these people dey quote figures get as e be, how many American make 30,000 dollar per month? I am sure many of them earn less than 5,000 dollar per month

Average makes 3k monthly
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by Munispellele90: 12:37am On May 01, 2021
princelycash:
2m and above

BTW i have a sure business idea to earn bi-weekly but can't start cuz of funds. 100% safe and collateral can be provided by me incase of doubt. You won't be sending me your money though.
Hit me up lets cash out
How... What kind of biz is that
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by hstar: 12:38am On May 01, 2021
Ok
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by braveheart77: 2:56am On May 01, 2021
Fantazy:
To be considered rich have nothing to do with your salary/monthly income.

As long as you are okay/comfortable i.e. You eat comfortably whatever you want, feed, school your children in any school of your choice, provide all your family needs comfortably without struggle; And still have your savings. then you are rich.

Lastly, You are living in your own house i.e. not paying rent.

This is contradictory lol.

Essentially what you have said is you must be a landlord to be rich (something that only about 2% of the population are landlords).. Yet somehow you said being rich is you just being comfortable.. Choose a hustle bro
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by SweetCunt97(f): 5:28am On May 01, 2021
shortgun:
Can I show you?
At the end money does not bring Happiness.
No one is truly rich..it's an illusion.
Yes it does not in itself but in this society we live in, its important. So you have millions to show me?
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by taibod: 5:52am On May 01, 2021
[quote author=Techsupport post=101245045]
I am no business person, I am a monthly income person. I don't know the average income in Nigeria. My question is this how much money should you have to be considered rich.

being rich is not when you can acquire a private jet or something mansion in water it's when you wish to buy something and you can buy it at ease within short period of time that's when you can say you're rich it's not by salary.
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by LaJoe2: 6:08am On May 01, 2021
ratiken:

We are talking of in Nigeria. Nigerians can't play on the international field anymore now. This local league.
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by hstar: 9:36am On May 01, 2021
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by inyanging: 3:10pm On May 01, 2021
Techsupport:

You are rich if your income generated from investment can sustained u for three months without u working, that is what Ur income generated is able to meet Ur financial obligations without additional work from u

1 Like

Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by shegzhkn: 3:45pm On May 01, 2021
grossintel:
Firstly Rich is a mindset, secondly Naira is usless. It's $2 million dollars annually for me, and that is even entry level. That's why I don't have time to waste!

Gross baba grin

what your niche sire ??
Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by shegzhkn: 3:48pm On May 01, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

There is a difference between being middle class and rich.

I am talking rich in terms of been able to buy property in Ikoyi,Lekki,Banana Island,Garki and Maitami. And drive luxury vehicles such as Toyota Landcruiser VX,Mercedes S class, Audi A8, BMW 7 series, rich.

Hope you know only few of your super rich can afford luxury cars like Mercedes, Cadillac, etc.

1 Like

Re: How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria by kellyace(m): 5:10pm On May 01, 2021
Financial freedom is being rich and each individual's definition of it is unique.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] / List Of Careers Associated With Creativity (Creative Careers) / Physically-Disabled Man Sells Biscuits In A Wheelchair (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.