Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) (61711 Views)

Exploring The Functions And Applications Of Non-woven Geotextile / Do You Know The Name Of This Nigerian Broadcaster? / Who Know The Website That I Can Download 3gp Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by charlesucheh(m): 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
lascos912:
Go school you won't go

Now you are asking for functions of ordinary GOTV remote control
Mr sahbi!

why you decide to just MUMU amongst Many??

why you no tell am the meaning?

Arrogance at it's peak!!!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Marv650(m): 2:09pm On Apr 30, 2021
Conner44:
op those buttons are useless and the plural of 'this' is 'these'. at least learn this
one today.

take note

Learn this too mate. You don't start a sentence with "small letter, " start with a "Capital letter."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Ojycelarma: 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
At least you would inform the ones that doesn’t know, instead of your behaving like an average Nigerian
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by abatically(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Please tell me which country has citizens who read product users manual. All these talking down stem from the place of inferiority complex sir. Just assist the OP with the answer if you know. I don't know too and I am here to learn and if you want to encourage us to start reading user manual, it does not have to be in a condescending tone. Some of us will never even have left the shores of Nigeria or entered airplane in their life yet assume one false importance or pomposity.It is caused by pride and ignorance.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless you.

User manuals are usual books and sh*t. We pluck them and file them.
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by ayobade15094: 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2021
When light come I'll send you the photo of how it works cos I can't even explain. But it's working very well and it's for some settings
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Henryfocoyo(m): 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
obembet:
Who know the functions of this buttons, I do press it but I don't get result.

We learn everyday

those button's are used when you are making use of gotv Manu. for example, you want to set your gotv on parental control or you want to reset some functions in gotv decorder. thanks
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by chemicalwasiu(m): 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
Oga that read product users manual tell us the function of those keys sir
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by hstar: 2:19pm On Apr 30, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Women wahala, you hold phone with data, simply Google it..... Meanwhile

On your remote, the gotv controls options include:

1.Power Button
2. ALT
3. Shift
4. TV
5. TV Guide
6. Language
7. Mute
8. Info
9. Exit
10.Up
11. Right
12. OK
13. Left
14. Down
15. V+/V-
16. P+/P-
17 Utility: Red, Blue, White, Yellow, Green
18. Numbers: 1 – 0
19.Menu
20. Help

Exploring the options on your remote control
Power Button: This button is used to turn off or turn on the decoder.
ALT: This button takes you back to the most recent channel: the last channel you viewed before changing to the present channel.
Shift: When used with ALT (Shift + ALT), this button can be used to change screen orientation (size and shape). Available orientations are Letterbox and Cropped.
TV
TV Guide: Shows the programs schedule for the channel you are watching
Language: Displays the decoder language in use.
Mute: The mute button is used to abruptly turn off/on system sound.
Info: Pressing the info button once displays information: the current channel, program and the next program with time. This information is displayed at the bottom with an info plate (i-plate). Pressing it twice displays information about the selected program on the i-plate
Exit: Exits the active menu option
Up: Used in navigating up, mostly when selecting menu options.
Right: Used in navigating Right
OK: Used to confirm a selected option
Left: Used in navigating left
Down: Used in navigating down
V+/V- : This button (+ and – sections) is used to control (Increase and Reduce) System sound
P+/P- : Used to change channels – Forward (+1) or Backward (-1)
Utility: Red, Blue, White, Yellow and Green coloured buttons. These buttons are useless on their own. They are used to carry out specific commands as indicated on the screen. While using TV guide, you may find an option or command next to a specific colour. To activate such commands, you have to press the coloured button on you gotv remote control that matches the colour on the screen.
Numbers: 0 – 9
Menu: Displays the menu
Help
Up/Right/Down/Left: Display the list of channels on you decoder.
Shift + Language: Opens Parental Control. It is a shortcut.
thanks

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
I cant believe u dunno wat those buttons do
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
You'll think you don't get results when you press those buttons until you reset and reconfigure all the settings to permanent lock one day. That's when you'll know they have their functions. Lol..

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by officialmario(m): 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
lascos912:
Go school you won't go
no be say the op no go school, e go sch but e no sabi book.
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by FBIBOT(m): 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

Is there anyone alive who still read product manuals?

grin only when installation get k leg that i do remember the thing get manual... Once i unbox na straight to business.. Those keys are on my Samsung tv too they are shortcut keys... That is they work with combination of other keys... Haven't explored gotv own Sha... My concern is fox and mnet... Once those two show nothing concern me with the remote
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
Wrong mention.

Sorry.
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ugandatales:

Na brezz you dey press up and down I sure grin

ROFLOL. grin grin
.you guys will not kill someone here with laughter one day. Chai!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
Conner44:
op those buttons are useless and the plural of 'this' is 'these'. at least learn this
one today.

take note
wetin u gain now? seriously u think u funny shey, rubbish
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2021
samwash:
Who said they are useless, check ur TV remote they are also there.
Nigerians will never read product users manual.
a question was asked, simple reply won't b dat hard
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Francdare(m): 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2021
These were originally employed as an enhancement for teletext services to provide shortcut navigation known as fastext.
Simply put it as method of accessing interactive and enhanced television services.
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by SolomonGrundy: 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Women wahala, you hold phone with data, simply Google it..... Meanwhile
Nor mind am. If na to open breast now she sabi.
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by chukxie(m): 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2021
lascos912:
Go school you won't go

So na school you go learn how to use remote control! Wow!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by justynneke(f): 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2021
inoki247:
lol na LGBT color na shey u no see say e resemble rainbow ni grin grin

What is LGBT... I think it means Legit Bluetooth

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2021
lascos912:
Go school you won't go

You wey go school tell us the function of the buttons abeg
You must be explanatory and show us little proof but if you cant do that, you're a glorified simp sir

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by sanyahkod(m): 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
The red button is used to delete mail messages received.
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Dreyton36: 2:52pm On Apr 30, 2021
Na feel at home make visitor spoil remote

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Bryan88(m): 2:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Simple,funny, feminine, but intelligent question. You can simply Google it..... Meanwhile,

On your remote, the gotv controls options include:

1.Power Button
2. ALT
3. Shift
4. TV
5. TV Guide
6. Language
7. Mute
8. Info
9. Exit
10.Up
11. Right
12. OK
13. Left
14. Down
15. V+/V-
16. P+/P-
17 Utility: Red, Blue, White, Yellow, Green
18. Numbers: 1 – 0
19.Menu
20. Help

Exploring the options on your remote control
Power Button: This button is used to turn off or turn on the decoder.
ALT: This button takes you back to the most recent channel: the last channel you viewed before changing to the present channel.
Shift: When used with ALT (Shift + ALT), this button can be used to change screen orientation (size and shape). Available orientations are Letterbox and Cropped.
TV
TV Guide: Shows the programs schedule for the channel you are watching
Language: Displays the decoder language in use.
Mute: The mute button is used to abruptly turn off/on system sound.
Info: Pressing the info button once displays information: the current channel, program and the next program with time. This information is displayed at the bottom with an info plate (i-plate). Pressing it twice displays information about the selected program on the i-plate
Exit: Exits the active menu option
Up: Used in navigating up, mostly when selecting menu options.
Right: Used in navigating Right
OK: Used to confirm a selected option
Left: Used in navigating left
Down: Used in navigating down
V+/V- : This button (+ and – sections) is used to control (Increase and Reduce) System sound
P+/P- : Used to change channels – Forward (+1) or Backward (-1)
Utility: Red, Blue, White, Yellow and Green coloured buttons. These buttons are useless on their own. They are used to carry out specific commands as indicated on the screen. While using TV guide, you may find an option or command next to a specific colour. To activate such commands, you have to press the coloured button on you gotv remote control that matches the colour on the screen.
Numbers: 0 – 9
Menu: Displays the menu
Help
Up/Right/Down/Left: Display the list of channels on you decoder.
Shift + Language: Opens Parental Control. It is a shortcut.
Baba no b exam hall u dey so ooo...This one u dey answer like say u dey exam.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Offpoint1: 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
FBIBOT:

grin only when installation get k leg that i do remember the thing get manual... Once i unbox na straight to business.. Those keys are on my Samsung tv too they are shortcut keys... That is they work with combination of other keys... Haven't explored gotv own Sha... My concern is fox and mnet... Once those two show nothing concern me with the remote
My brother that's not "Reading" that's "looking for solution" na only that K-leg you scan through dey fine, once you see am... you dump the manual again grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Dearlord(m): 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
What is an adult doing with TV remote at this insecurity Buhari's tenure?
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by FBIBOT(m): 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2021
Offpoint1:

My brother that's not "Reading" that's "looking for solution" na only that K-leg you scan through dey fine, once you see am... you dump the manual again grin

grin i Sha open am
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by samwash(m): 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2021
musicproducer:
a question was asked, simple reply won't b dat hard

The time he use in creating this thread,he should have use it to ask Google, is that too hard to do ?
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by SolexOlenin(m): 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2021
Lol, they are for fire response unit
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by Mightysam992(m): 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
samwash:
Who said they are useless, check ur TV remote they are also there.
Nigerians will never read product users manual.
You that read it, what are their functions?
Re: Do You Know The Functions Of These Remote Buttons? (Photo) by LegalOpinion: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2021
Conner44:
one today.

take note

LIAR!!

The plural of "this" is thises.

Now, please tell us the plural of "THAT".

Lemme go and take my covik-199 first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNAIJA: Rebecca Nengi First House Mate To Hit 100k Followers On Instagram / Burial Of The October Bride Who Was Crushed To Death By A Tanker In Lagos(video) / Erica And Laycon Share A Hug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.