Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian (1635 Views)

I Think I Got The Most Beautiful Girl Friend In The World (photos) / 11 Signs That He Is Madly In Love With You / Help! My Boyfriend Caught Me With His Best Friend In Bed Two Days Ago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by temmythe(f): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2011
A friend just called me with tears that she needs help. she came from a muslim family in Ilorin( capital of kwara state), she fell in love with a Jehovah witness guy while they were in the university. All along, her mum has been suspecting the relationship and she keep telling her it's not possible. It's been four years of the relationship and their feelings keeps growing. my friend converted to Christianity, at first for her guy but now she said she can never be a Muslim again even if she didn't end up with this guy.
the complicating part is, her family is very fetish and they've been threatening her with all sort, though she has never told anyone of them she's dating this guy. just recently her father called her, made her swear she will never marry a christian, she didn't know when she accepted and sworn. (suspecting one of their fetish ways)

they are planning on settling down soon but this issue of her family is a tough one, her mum is even worse than her dad. her mum curses her n d boyfriend every now and then. she's got an elder sis that has a typical attitude of the mum. in short, she's got nobody in the family that can assist.

she's confused and don't know what to do. Any good advise from the house will be highly appreciated.
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by segzicres(m): 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2011
All I can say is that she has to do some'in that'll make them disown her. Simple problem solved.
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by agabaI23(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2011
segzi cres:

All I can say is that she has to do some'in that'll make them disown her. Simple problem solved.
As per disowning her, it will be very easy. The day she opens her mouth to tell them she getting married to a non moslem, that's it.

You should be worried about her life anyway!
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by segzicres(m): 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2011
Then that's what she needs to do. Simple then she'll be able to move foword with her life
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by temmythe(f): 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2011
the point is, telling them is synonymous to suicide
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by Idowuogbo(f): 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2011
poster pls tell me your frnd has pass puberty , dis issue dont deserve a thread ders only two options u and i both no
either  she livs her life for her parents or she begins a new chapter in life without her parents. All d advice u gona get here i have broken down for you now copy and paste it unto your frnds brain Chikena!!!! cool cool not bin harsh jus bin real truth hurts hommie  wink
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by agabaI23(m): 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2011
Then let her elope with him and inform them later.

It makes no difference since she would no go back to Islam and she cannot live in with them as a Christian
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by Dyt(f): 8:04pm On Apr 23, 2011
Cant understand
ppl still tk religion as a barrier?
Gosh tis crazy
let love b d judge
happiness
comfort
peace
gawd!!!
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by ohemmanu: 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2011
This reminds of an incident during my uni days,there was this guy he hails from kog statei,he was a moslem before coming to uni,so along the line the guy converted to christianity and the parents disowned him not more than two months after the guy converted he fell off from the last floor of the hostel in the night and he died, no such case has ever been reported.But the good news is that he knows where he is going to.your friend should be ready to face such challenges,because these guys would prefer their children to die instead of "disgrace " them as they will put it.She really needs to be strong.
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by Brite02(m): 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2011
Is all about risks and commitment, above all LOVE. If he's bf is geniunely in love with her and will settle down too, no problems!

But they should thread carefully. .
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by OAM4J: 11:55pm On Apr 23, 2011
religion and love wahala, I thought all religions teaches that love is the greatest
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by toyemz(f): 12:48am On Apr 24, 2011
@ op
my cousin went thru something like this:
The best way to go about it in this instance is for her go get pregnant for him and refuse to abort the baby.
The same of having an unmarried pregnant daughter in the house will be overwhelming and they will eventually agree just to save face
she has to have a strong will of character oh
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by agabaI23(m): 12:52am On Apr 24, 2011
They could kill her and the baby
heard of honour killing before? I'm not sure if Nigerian moslems do that anyway.
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by OAM4J: 12:57am On Apr 24, 2011
Not in Nigeria, even the northern Muslims will not kill her like that.
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by agabaI23(m): 12:58am On Apr 24, 2011
ok then let her risk it n get a baby
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by OAM4J: 1:01am On Apr 24, 2011
That can work among Souther Nigerian Muslims, but Northern Muslims will keep both the woman, the pregnancy and the child away from the 'kafir' boyfriend.
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by toyemz(f): 1:05am On Apr 24, 2011
They could kill her and the baby
heard of honour killing before? I'm not sure if Nigerian moslems do that anyway.

no not in the north,they might try to marry her off to some other muslim guy though,without letting the man know she's pregnant especially if she is not showing.
she just needs to wait until she is virtually showing  and of course tell any sutors that she's pregnant
They will eventually give in

@Oam4j
That can work among Souther Nigerian Muslims, but Northern Muslims will keep both the woman, the pregnancy and the child away from the 'kafir' boyfriend

no no not with pregnancy
the worst they might do is ask the boy to convert to islam
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by agabaI23(m): 1:06am On Apr 24, 2011
lol that's another thing
Then the last option is for her to elope with him but that could endanger the guy's life.
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by toyemz(f): 1:22am On Apr 24, 2011
^^^
just seen this
i love Buhari and believe in him
as for being in doubt
i am so not so i wont bother to asking you!
lol

Then the last option is for her to elope with him but that could endanger the guy's life.

you are so right about that,they will eventually catch up with him
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by agabaI23(m): 1:26am On Apr 24, 2011
toyemz:

^^^
just seen this
i love Buhari and believe in him
as for being in doubt
i am so not so i wont bother to asking you!
lol

you are so right about that,they will eventually catch up with him
Did you hear he is looking for a second wife grin grin [size=3pt]jk[/size]
You could make an application. He is recruiting for wife positions
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by toyemz(f): 1:31am On Apr 24, 2011
@ no thanks
he sees me as a daughter
that's not acceptable
watery suggestion oh
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by agabaI23(m): 1:37am On Apr 24, 2011
toyemz:

@ no thanks
he sees me as a daughter
that's not acceptable
watery suggestion oh
You never heard Maitama Sule had a child through his daughter
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by toyemz(f): 2:25am On Apr 24, 2011
^^^ maybe
but Buhari is too upright for such!!
I dont think you really know the guy
do you?
lol
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by agabaI23(m): 2:46am On Apr 24, 2011
Upright my foot.
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by toyemz(f): 2:49am On Apr 24, 2011
^^^^
lol grin grin grin
i just knew that this would be your response
dare i ask why?
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by agabaI23(m): 2:56am On Apr 24, 2011
Too many reasons my friend too many reasons.
I am going to bed now.
Let me wish you happy easter if you are christian
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by Ranoscky(m): 3:00am On Apr 24, 2011
agabaI23:

Upright my foot.
Hehehe. . .

Happy Easter jare! grin
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by 677ano(m): 3:02am On Apr 24, 2011
What a world.

Parents who put religion ahead of their child happiness yet when there is riot in the north the hausa fulani call the southern moslems unbelievers and kill them.
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by Ranoscky(m): 3:04am On Apr 24, 2011
^ We stil have a LONG way to go in this country, am telling you!
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by Goldieluks: 3:11am On Apr 24, 2011
seeking solace. undecided
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by toyemz(f): 3:51am On Apr 24, 2011
Here's what i find pretty strange in the North
It's this gentle,but final tilting of the merging of two totally separate tribes into one name - the Hausa Fulani
two different tribes,one not even originally from Nigeria
but here we have the Fulani intertwinning with the Hausa (mostly through marriage) and emanating as a dominant ruling force -hence the Hausa Fulani
and the real owners of the land,the Hausa(who do not call themselves Hausa Fulani ) gradually being sidelined in the shadows!!
I bow oh!
Re: My Muslin Friend In Love With A Christian by iice(f): 7:04am On Apr 24, 2011
Da hell is fetish here?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Hate Boys / If Your Boyfriend Is A Bad Dresser And Doesn't Work Out But A Very Good Guy? / Should I Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.