Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) (37754 Views)

Seyi Makinde Renames University After Ajimobi (Photos) / Greenfield University School Fees (Photos) / Deeper Life High School Fees (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by samwheel(m): 7:54am On May 01, 2021
yungchop:
all I see here is a big poultry farm
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Nobody: 7:55am On May 01, 2021
Some other schools don finish their 2019/2020 calendar too nah
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Nigercity: 7:56am On May 01, 2021
IMO poly fine pass this rubbish nah

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by BruncleZuma: 7:57am On May 01, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by charlesucheh(m): 7:58am On May 01, 2021
unnecessary school fees increment, just to make life continuously difficult for the ordinary Man...
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Dreadlock69(m): 8:01am On May 01, 2021
NaWeDeyHere:
Please I forget - what is the JAMB cut-off to gain admission into this University?
90 if it's lesser course just put the second choice no write jamb exam

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by billyG(m): 8:01am On May 01, 2021
Same el rufai that went to school free.
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Bigsunny01(m): 8:03am On May 01, 2021
Vision4God:
Beautiful.

Beau wetin? shocked

U dey whine me
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Kubernetes: 8:06am On May 01, 2021
Op needs to work on his shooting skills.
The camera is not too bright.
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by ogwuche4u(m): 8:06am On May 01, 2021
In the other news, Kaduna Bandits kills 300+ and abducted 900+. Tell me who will want to school in Kaduna when the insecurity in the state is appalling?
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Enskynelson(m): 8:08am On May 01, 2021
TheZebra:
So I left Zaria this morning and decided to visit the kaduna state University to see what is actually special about the school after their massive school fees increase from a region of about 21,000 to between 150,000 to 500,000 naira.

ACADEMIC STRUCTURE: The university have just concluded their 2019/2020 school calendar, becoming the only state University in Nigeria to do so, this is because the university doesn't engage in ASUU strike, and also, online lectures were carried out due to the covid'19 lockdown.

The environment is a beauty to behold, as it is located in the heart of kaduna city. For a state university founded in 2006, I am a bit impressed at the structures put in place but certainly does not justify the recent school fees increase.

Below are some pictures I took with my phone

Outside the main gate: Road construction still ongoing

For the bolded, did you lie deliberately or you didn't know Kogi State University has since finished their session and commenced new session?
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by FBIBOT(m): 8:08am On May 01, 2021
The building no even reach standard uni in the south

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Princedapace(m): 8:09am On May 01, 2021
Lol.. Nigeria is just a shame. Univerties in SA eh, the structures no be here.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by MoIbrahim: 8:11am On May 01, 2021
CAPITALBEE:
grin

By virtue of these pictures, I still don't see any justification for the outrageous tuition fee review. undecided

What's the volume of research being done here and what influence does it have?

What about knowledge transfer? Can the institution conveniently boast of this?

It's not like they meet all standard criteria for university ranking!

Thank you o
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by flourish01(m): 8:12am On May 01, 2021
shocked
yungchop:
all I see here is a big poultry farm
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Sparky01: 8:13am On May 01, 2021
ChiefSosa:
I'm confused, I don't even know what to type sef. I seriously don't know how to react to this thread. Anyway, here's a pic, enjoy:
oga na lie, it's a win for tech but certainly not future for advertising... Have you thought of the cost?? How many drones it will take for one advert?? It's not cost effective.
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Nobody: 8:14am On May 01, 2021
TheZebra:
Inside the school, immediately after the first gate

Op, why you com dey take 3 pishure for one building na?

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by edoairways: 8:14am On May 01, 2021
ACADEMIC STRUCTURE: The university have just concluded their 2019/2020 school calendar, becoming the only state University in Nigeria to do so, this is because the university doesn't engage in ASUU strike, and also, online lectures were carried out due to the covid'19 lockdown.
Next time get your fact right because they are not the only state university to have concluded 2019/2020 session @TheZebra
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Brightale(f): 8:15am On May 01, 2021
Sparky01:
oga na lie, it's a win for tech but certainly not future for advertising... Have you thought of the cost?? How many drones it will take for one advert?? It's not cost effective.
All they need is energy, just charge the drones and that's all.
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Venlony: 8:17am On May 01, 2021
Op. You will not be paid your balance of this nonsense PR job you did.
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by pickatyouu: 8:19am On May 01, 2021
You get mind o. If them kidnap you, you think say nairaland go contribute for your ransome
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Uchemus(m): 8:20am On May 01, 2021
Did you just say "the environment is a beauty to behold'? May the Lord was away the spirit of mediocrity for the mind of the Nigerian youth.
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by chinchonglee(m): 8:20am On May 01, 2021
Kubernetes:
Op needs to work on his shooting skills.
The camera is not too bright.
omo!
That is my only problem right now..
Weda the school fine or e no fine, as long as their academic standards is good. No wahala

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by BinamRex: 8:20am On May 01, 2021
Where is the structure?
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Casham: 8:23am On May 01, 2021
blackboy:
Them pictures do not justify hike in school fees. The OP must be a local man or has not visited other higher institutions in SW or other states of repute.

So during a nationwide lockdown such local schools were in session?

I really wonder the quality of graduates.

By the way I heard the increase was for non indigenes .

Them no want them.

How many nigerian parents can pay such for state schools . If this trend is allowed to continue everyone will be schooling in their states or have saved crazy money to send their wards to state schools in other states.

1: The OP was actually trying to point out that nothing about the school buildings justifys the fee increase.
2: the increase is not only for non-indegenes. For social sciences it is from 21k 120K for indegenes and 150k for non-indegenes. While for medical sciences it is from 29k to something around 380k to 450k respectively.
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Nobody: 8:25am On May 01, 2021
This place does not deserved to be called a university rather kwata_kwata mtww a secondry school in the south i better than this place
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by ThatFairGuy1: 8:26am On May 01, 2021
OP, they're not in anyway fast. UniOsun finished theirs last year, infact they're writing their first semester exam for 2020/21 academic session as I type
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by eedimo(m): 8:27am On May 01, 2021
I'm still waiting for the pictures because all I have seen is a poultry farm.
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:37am On May 01, 2021
Birniwa:
Just look at how illiterate dumbhead these set of beings are. The OP's intention is to show you how the school premises has now become deserted as result of the fees hike, not trying to show how beautiful or otherwise the school is.

Nigeria will be a little better place if people like you don't really exist on its surface.
Bros e tire me o....

These people foolish die!
Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Quality20(m): 8:39am On May 01, 2021
They have so many highly qualified lecturers trained in highly reputed universities across the world. It's a world class uni sha

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) by Crayfish09: 8:43am On May 01, 2021
blackboy:
Them pictures do not justify hike in school fees. The OP must be a local man or has not visited other higher institutions in SW or other states of repute.

So during a nationwide lockdown such local schools were in session?

I really wonder the quality of graduates.

By the way I heard the increase was for non indigenes .

Them no want them.

How many nigerian parents can pay such for state schools . If this trend is allowed to continue everyone will be schooling in their states or have saved crazy money to send their wards to state schools in other states.

What do you mean by saying you wonder about the quality of the graduates? So even as a quality graduate yourself, were you too lazy to read where it was stated that the classes held ONLINE during the lockdown?

If you want to look down on others, at least try to be high up yourself. Not reading contents is a sign of bad education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim Clerics At Osun School To Enforce Hijab On School Girls / 2015/2016 Nnpc/chevron Scholarship Shortlisted Candidate. / Student's Leg Crushed In Lagos On His Way To School (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.