Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,299 members, 7,822,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer (91716 Views)

Moesha Boduong Celebrates Her 30th Birthday With 'Dangerous Curvy' Photos / Chidinma Celebrates Her 27th Birthday Today / Chidinma Celebrates African Modernism In New Adorable Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by FuckHomophobes: 8:34pm On May 02, 2021
StephenBB:
I laugh in Swahili grin grin
As worldly music no pay...
As nacking Flavour and Kizz no pay...

Hanty don turn low budget Mercy Chinwo with leather jacket.
Chindinma....Kontinu grin

grin Bro you savage oo grin
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by joyousever(f): 12:15am On May 03, 2021
Wow! You dug beyond the surface. Of course, this pic doesn't depict a 9 year old abeg, she looked 12- 13 here like she was already in junior secondary school. It's common knowledge that Naija celebrities hardly tell / disclose their real ages.
MANNAABBQGRILLS:
30 years old? This girl don dey do like Tinubu o. Let me shock some of you. Do you all know that Chidinma was a part of the cast in Sound Sultan's mathematics song in the year 2000 or so?

Now be the judge if you think she was just 9 years old here.

1 Like

Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by joyousever(f): 12:21am On May 03, 2021
Didn't you read where he stated that the song was released in year 2000?
Katier00:
but you don't know when the mathematics song was released. Don't assume, besides, is she looking older than 30?
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by joyousever(f): 12:29am On May 03, 2021
She can't be less than 33. Because I could remember when she won Nigerian Idol or so in 2009, she claimed to be either 21 or 23.
GEEBITE:
Jangbajatis was in 2000 and Lanre Fasasi (sound sultan)who was a year my senior in high school is 44 years now, that made him 23 years then.The girl looked like a 12 year old then even though she has a small stature. She cant be less than 30 anyway,so let's take it easy on her. She is an amazing singer.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by MarieSucre(f): 2:35am On May 03, 2021
MANNAABBQGRILLS:
30 years old? This girl don dey do like Tinubu o. Let me shock some of you. Do you all know that Chidinma was a part of the cast in Sound Sultan's mathematics song in the year 2000 or so?

Now be the judge if you think she was just 9 years old here.

Mathematics came out 2007/2008 via Google research. She would have 16/17.

Please tell me how this is inconsistent with the picture?

Why do y'all thrive on negativity and gossip ehn! What is the matter with y'all.

1 Like

Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by MarieSucre(f): 2:37am On May 03, 2021
iaamxavier:
This what happens when a lady gets closer to menopause, they automatically become closer to God grin

The future is Female grin

Is there something wrong with getting closer to menopause?

Is there something wrong with getting closer to God?

I am still wondering why those things are put as if they are negative.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by Nobody: 8:46am On May 03, 2021
Thank you!
Black men like to denigrate their women too much. As if sex is a shameful act. Black men need to grow the hell up.
Their oyibo counterparts are exploring outer space, they are here talking about who slept with who?
Shame!
Bouz:
How did you know she slept with kiss daniel and flavour? undecided, Why do you blacks like dragging people down. lipsrsealed
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by Nobody: 8:51am On May 03, 2021
Do you also realize that she might have been told to lie about her age by her handlers for that show?
joyousever:
She can't be less than 33. Because I could remember when she won Nigerian Idol or so in 2009, she claimed to be either 21 or 23.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by Omalicha91: 9:00am On May 03, 2021
1Alex:
A very good decision. E remain Timi Dakolo

Good descion indeed, now she'll get better inspiration.

1 Like

Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by joyousever(f): 9:38am On May 03, 2021
Ohoooooooo.. what do I know.
bunto:
Do you also realize that she might have been told to lie about her age by her handlers for that show?
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by ImaIma1(f): 11:02am On May 03, 2021
StephenBB:

Why do guys think like this on this forum?
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by tpalan(m): 4:47pm On May 03, 2021
StephenBB:

I join you to laugh in Mandarin and Aramaic.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by stanliwise(m): 8:58am On May 04, 2021
derecho:

So why is she calling herself "Minister"? You think you know her better than herself?
Make una dey relax small abeg
What ever she does in the closet is her business. Also she can judge herself it is her problem.
What I was saying is that her non ministration songs had good content. I don’t see the angle where repentance now falls in because you want to turn to a minister.
Will the being a minister now change her?
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by derecho(m): 3:33pm On May 04, 2021
stanliwise:

What ever she does in the closet is her business. Also she can judge herself it is her problem.
What I was saying is that her non ministration songs had good content. I don’t see the angle where repentance now falls in because you want to turn to a minister.
Will the being a minister now change her?
The word "Minister" presupposes that you are to preach, in her case through music, to others.Good is subjective bro.
By the way "good" doesn't mean godly.
Concerning her closet,as a minister, she can't afford to live anyhow. Through believers understand that there's no difference between your secret place and the stage.
This isn't showbiz or mere entertainment.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by stanliwise(m): 3:36pm On May 04, 2021
derecho:

The word "Minister" presupposes that you are to preach, in her case through music, to others.Good is subjective bro.
By the way "good" doesn't mean godly.
Concerning her closet,as a minister, she can't afford to live anyhow. This isn't showbiz or mere entertainment.
Your cloth ain’t Godly,
Your food ain’t Godly,
Your house ain’t Godly,
Infact many things we create and make everyday ain’t Godly. So where is the repentance now ?
If so na every body go dey do repentance.

If she want to sing as a minister now then fine. But where people now start attaching repentance to change of music type is where confusion start.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by derecho(m): 3:47pm On May 04, 2021
stanliwise:

Your cloth ain’t Godly,
Your food ain’t Godly,
Your house ain’t Godly,
Infact many things we create and make everyday ain’t Godly. So where is the repentance now ?
If so na every body go dey do repentance.

If she want to sing as a minister now then fine. But where people now start attaching repentance to change of music type is where confusion start.

In the first place, nobody asked her to add "Minister" to her name.
She grew up in the church and she knew what you are calling "good" is not what she should be doing as a gospel artiste.If you like, what she did is what they call rebranding.
I love the Yoruba interpretation for repentance. It means turning around after thinking deeply.
Chidimma and her advisors know what they are doing bro.
The rebranding is the first step to accepting that she wants to do gospels.Thereafter, the listening public will scrutinize her new life...What people overlook in secular artistes won't be tolorated.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by stanliwise(m): 3:50pm On May 04, 2021
derecho:

In the first place, nobody asked her to add "Minister" to her name.
She grew up in the church and she knew what you are calling "good" is not what she should be doing as a gospel artiste.If you like, what she did is what they call rebranding.
I love the Yoruba interpretation for repentance. It means turning around after thinking deeply.
Chidimma and her advisors know what they are doing bro.
The rebranding is the first step to accepting that she wants to do gospels.Thereafter, the listening public will scrutinize her new life...What people overlook in secular artistes won't be tolorated.
In your opinion Christians should not sing secular music ?
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by derecho(m): 7:10pm On May 04, 2021
stanliwise:

In your opinion Christians should not sing secular music ?
Not my opinion BUT what it is. I hope you know who a Christian is anyways.
It's not even debatable especially if you know the gift is to glorify God and draw men to God.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by stanliwise(m): 7:22pm On May 04, 2021
derecho:

Not my opinion BUT what it is. I hope you know who a Christian is anyways.
It's not even debatable especially if you know the gift is to glorify God and draw men to God.
in other words singing secular music is a sin right?
And secular song should be condemn in the Christain society?

I hope you know black black ship of nursery rhymes is a secular school song?
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by derecho(m): 7:49pm On May 04, 2021
stanliwise:
in other words singing secular music is a sin right?
And secular song should be condemn in the Christain society?

I hope you know black black ship of nursery rhymes is a secular school song?
I guess You know what we are talking about but if you don't know, just indicate. Cos the way you are going, you'll soon call your mother tongue secular.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by stanliwise(m): 8:07pm On May 04, 2021
derecho:

I guess You know what we are talking about but if you don't know, just indicate. Cos the way you are going, you'll soon call your mother tongue secular.
that is what you’re about to do. For your info here is the definition of secular.

Secular not connected with religious or spiritual matters.
e.g "secular buildings”
Oxford English Dictionary

So by this definition even buildings can be secular too. So let me ask the question properly,

should secular songs be condemned among Christians (I am asking you based on your biblical knowledge and not your personal opinion)
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by derecho(m): 8:35pm On May 04, 2021
stanliwise:
that is what you’re about to do. For your info here is the definition of secular.

Secular not connected with religious or spiritual matters.
e.g "secular buildings”
Oxford English Dictionary

So by this definition even buildings can be secular too. So let me ask the question properly,

should secular songs be condemned among Christians (I am asking you based on your biblical knowledge and not your personal opinion)

I asked if you know who a Christian is? Not sure you answered.
A Christian is one who is first a child of God then represents God anywhere he/she is.
" As many that are led by the Spirit, they are the sons of God "
I know you are thinking there is a demarcation between the life of a Christian outside Church and in Church.Unfortunately, no.
Even when a Christian is singing those nursery rhymes, which you think is secular, because Jesus isn't mentioned, he renders it to the Lord.
I wish I can explain somethings to you but if you aren't spiritual, you can't discern them.
Is Worship spiritual?
Do you know, Worship is everything a Christian does whether they look spiritual or not.It is his lifestyle.

The secular tag in this discuss came about because you claimed There was nothing wrong with Chidimma's former songs and why the fuss about her change.
Here, broadly speaking for a Christian, music is either Gospel or Secular. Chidimma understands this hence the change to encapsulate her new identity.

Summary,
Whatever a Christian does he does for the glory of God not just for fun.True Christians are deliberate bro
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by stanliwise(m): 9:02pm On May 04, 2021
derecho:

I asked if you know who a Christian is? Not sure you answered.
A Christian is one who is first a child of God then represents God anywhere he/she is.
" As many that are led by the Spirit, they are the sons of God "
I know you are thinking there is a demarcation between the life of a Christian outside Church and in Church.Unfortunately, no.
Even when a Christian is singing those nursery rhymes, which you think is secular, because Jesus isn't mentioned, he renders it to the Lord.
I wish I can explain somethings to you but if you aren't spiritual, you can't discern them.
Is Worship spiritual?
Do you know, Worship is everything a Christian does whether they look spiritual or not.It is his lifestyle.

The secular tag in this discuss came about because you claimed There was nothing wrong with Chidimma's former songs and why the fuss about her change.
Here, broadly speaking for a Christian, music is either Gospel or Secular. Chidimma understands this hence the change to encapsulate her new identity.

Summary,
Whatever a Christian does he does for the glory of God not just for fun.True Christians are deliberate bro
omo you’re good with word twisting but not for me .

Even nursery school rhyme is rendered to the lord. I hail you baba o. King of contraction. Small kids simply singing are rendering it to the lord as per worship being an act about all things you do abi?

But when it comes to “broadly speaking“ scenario music is now a black or white.
And It is not possible to sing the secular song in a way to worship the lord.

Infact this double standard is the highest at it peak and I greet you highly for taking a hard time to confuse yourself.

And by implications from your word it means people like Asa who sang song about economic issues and social issue is likely to go hell if she does not repent. Probably by your standard of Christianity she shouldn’t have sang those song then
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by derecho(m): 8:29pm On May 06, 2021
stanliwise:
omo you’re good with word twisting but not for me .

Even nursery school rhyme is rendered to the lord. I hail you baba o. King of contraction. Small kids simply singing are rendering it to the lord as per worship being an act about all things you do abi?

But when it comes to “broadly speaking“ scenario music is now a black or white.
And It is not possible to sing the secular song in a way to worship the lord.

Infact this double standard is the highest at it peak and I greet you highly for taking a hard time to confuse yourself.

And by implications from your word it means people like Asa who sang song about economic issues and social issue is likely to go hell if she does not repent. Probably by your standard of Christianity she shouldn’t have sang those song then

Friend, even if you were born by holy parents you'll have to receive Jesus by repentance. Self-righteousness is still as a filthy rag.Hence, even if you have been singing hymns all your life, for you to be born again, you must repent to be "converted".
An unconverted person can do good things, say good things, sing good songs but that doesn't mean (s)he is saved. John 3:7 tells us we MUST be born again.
Repentance has it's fruit, it must be evident. The moment you claim you are born again, there's a new standard.
Chidimma knows herself and the listening public know that her former songs can't be classified as Gospel songs. Maybe "good" but not for the edifying of believers.The closest to Gospel song she sang was "DIRECTION" which she did at the ProjectFame finals.
Concerning the nursery rhymes or anything you do as a believer, it can be an act of worship.You may think I'm over-spiritualizing it but that's the scripture.
This is why you can easily spot a Christian even during normal activities in schools or the workplace.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by stanliwise(m): 9:26am On May 07, 2021
derecho:

Friend, even if you were born by holy parents you'll have to receive Jesus by repentance. Self-righteousness is still as a filthy rag.Hence, even if you have been singing hymns all your life, for you to be born again, you must repent to be "converted".
An unconverted person can do good things, say good things, sing good songs but that doesn't mean (s)he is saved. John 3:7 tells us we MUST be born again.
Repentance has it's fruit, it must be evident. The moment you claim you are born again, there's a new standard.
Chidimma knows herself and the listening public know that her former songs can't be classified as Gospel songs. Maybe "good" but not for the edifying of believers.The closest to Gospel song she sang was "DIRECTION" which she did at the ProjectFame finals.
Concerning the nursery rhymes or anything you do as a believer, it can be an act of worship.You may think I'm over-spiritualizing it but that's the scripture.
This is why you can easily spot a Christian even during normal activities in schools or the workplace.
Don’t paint the context red.
If nusery rhymes can be classified as part of worship then how come some secular can’t be too?

Meanwhile everyone who acknowledged and whole hearted confess and follow Jesus is a Christian.

But this does not stop us in our secular life as Christian. I can be a doctor, nurse, pharmacists, scientist.

The bone of contention is that what ever I do I must not go against the principle by which a Christian should live by.

If I sing secular songs about other things in my society, how is it now against the words of God?

Abeg o, let us learn to understand the pragmatic part of Christianity. How it affect our daily life. Small small we will become extremist without knowing it.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by derecho(m): 12:08pm On May 07, 2021
stanliwise:

Don’t paint the context red.
If nusery rhymes can be classified as part of worship then how come some secular can’t be too?

Meanwhile everyone who acknowledged and whole hearted confess and follow Jesus is a Christian.

But this does not stop us in our secular life as Christian. I can be a doctor, nurse, pharmacists, scientist.

The bone of contention is that what ever I do I must not go against the principle by which a Christian should live by.

If I sing secular songs about other things in my society, how is it now against the words of God?

Abeg o, let us learn to understand the pragmatic part of Christianity. How it affect our daily life. Small small we will become extremist without knowing it.
Kikikiki
It's clear you don't understand me.If you do, you'll know you're subtly in agreement. However, the part you haven't gotten is that a Christian renders his "secular" work differently.

If as a Christian, you choose to sing about the society, it'll be evident how you go about it. Like we say those days as corp members, you take your your dressing from, in this case, from the Lord Jesus.
A Christian doctor wouldn't be same as a normal doctor, ditto for a Christian Lawyer , Christian Scientist etc
"Stand in the Liberty which Christ gave you, not the one you gave yourself" check Galatians 5:1a

For instance, the way a Christian talks about love would never be the same as the way an unbeliever would.
Secondly, if (s)he doesn't identify him/herself as a Christian in our entertainment industry, you'll have an odd persona.
Why? There's a certain expectation eg some nudity in the videos, fake lifestyle etc.How can you explain why there's no kissing or amoral scenes when it's not a MountZion film?

Friend, it's difficult for a fish to swim out of water.On the other hand, if he/she sings about love as a Gospel artiste, no one expects to see sensuality and you'll be judged by your category.

Being pragmatic as Christian is being who you are, a Christian, not trying to fit into societal expectations.You are an ambassador of Christ and you can't misrepresent Him.
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by stanliwise(m): 1:30pm On May 07, 2021
derecho:

Kikikiki
It's clear you don't understand me.If you do, you'll know you're subtly in agreement. However, the part you haven't gotten is that a Christian renders his "secular" work differently.

If as a Christian, you choose to sing about the society, it'll be evident how you go about it. Like we say those days as corp members, you take your your dressing from, in this case, from the Lord Jesus.
A Christian doctor wouldn't be same as a normal doctor, ditto for a Christian Lawyer , Christian Scientist etc
"Stand in the Liberty which Christ gave you, not the one you gave yourself" check Galatians 5:1a

For instance, the way a Christian talks about love would never be the same as the way an unbeliever would.
Secondly, if (s)he doesn't identify him/herself as a Christian in our entertainment industry, you'll have an odd persona.
Why? There's a certain expectation eg some nudity in the videos, fake lifestyle etc.How can you explain why there's no kissing or amoral scenes when it's not a MountZion film?

Friend, it's difficult for a fish to swim out of water.On the other hand, if he/she sings about love as a Gospel artiste, no one expects to see sensuality and you'll be judged by your category.

Being pragmatic as Christian is being who you are, a Christian, not trying to fit into societal expectations.You are an ambassador of Christ and you can't misrepresent Him.
There is nothing as a Christian Doctor, lawyer or musician.
You only have Christian who are lawyers, doctors or musicians.
This namspacing does not appear anywhere. Even as a doctor, lawyer or musician you can be of high standard and as a musician never sing rubbish songs, nor take bad in evil practice as a lawyer or Doctor. Greater Lawyer like Chief Abdul-Ganiyu "Gani" Oyesola Fawehinm, how many times did he proclaim Jesus for people to identify he was unique? How many times have you ever seen Johnny drea or Asa sing about nudity or put naked girls on their video?
Burna boy won a Grammy, how many of his videos contains naked women?
We only have bad and good.
Adding a spiritual context does not change or sanitize it.

You’re just being dogmatic and religious. Nothing more

To you if there is no Christainity context painted at the background then it is unacceptable irrespective of the process and content. So because mount Zion added a Christain context now make them the yard stick of movies.

It is fine if you can’t agree with my point of view. I am glad I am made them clear as possible.
Those who would see it would see it
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by derecho(m): 5:57am On May 08, 2021
OK o..

I read a little of your reply and stopped where you said there is no such thing as A Christian Doctor...I can see you don't get it.
There is Much Ado about nothing.

Just Watch this and tell me if you know Chidimma more than herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WvvfXmL_Cw

stanliwise:

There is nothing as a Christian Doctor, lawyer or musician.
You only have Christian who are lawyers, doctors or musicians.
This namspacing does not appear anywhere. Even as a doctor, lawyer or musician you can be of high standard and as a musician never sing rubbish songs, nor take bad in evil practice as a lawyer or Doctor. Greater Lawyer like Chief Abdul-Ganiyu "Gani" Oyesola Fawehinm, how many times did he proclaim Jesus for people to identify he was unique? How many times have you ever seen Johnny drea or Asa sing about nudity or put naked girls on their video?
Burna boy won a Grammy, how many of his videos contains naked women?
We only have bad and good.
Adding a spiritual context does not change or sanitize it.

You’re just being dogmatic and religious. Nothing more

To you if there is no Christainity context painted at the background then it is unacceptable irrespective of the process and content. So because mount Zion added a Christain context now make them the yard stick of movies.

It is fine if you can’t agree with my point of view. I am glad I am made them clear as possible.
Those who would see it would see it
Re: Chidinma Celebrates Her 30th Birthday, Now A Gospel Singer by stanliwise(m): 7:39am On May 08, 2021
derecho:
OK o..

I read a little of your reply and stopped where you said there is no such thing as A Christian Doctor...I can see you don't get it.
There is Much Ado about nothing.

Just Watch this and tell me if you know Chidimma more than herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WvvfXmL_Cw

I don’t need to waste my time with the video. I said what I said. Doing ministration song don’t make you a better Christian than a secular musician. Whatever you think is your doctrine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Rocks Swimsuit As She Swims In Her Mansion (Photos, Video) / Naira Marley Arriving Court Vs Naira Marley Leaving Court (Videos) / I Pay Men To Sleep With Me - Afia Schwarzenegger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.