Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

I Think I Bought The Worst Samsung Phone Ever - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Think I Bought The Worst Samsung Phone Ever (240 Views)

Check Out This Black-Throated Monitor Lizard I Bought In Gombe (Pictures) / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I Bought The Worst Samsung Phone Ever by kamtrix(m): 6:43pm On May 02, 2021
An interesting Sunday story:
Around this time last year, I bought a Samsung A20s in Lagos. I was very happy finally getting a new Samsung, after using my former Samsung for quite some years, and I'm an avid follower of Samsung.
That night after buying the phone, I noticed it restarted itself but I didn't think much of it, maybe it's just new phone play.
I used the phone sparingly, for a few days, without it restarting, then after about 3 days, it started restarting again and I was surprised.
Every day, it seemed to get worse. The phone would suddenly restart at any given point, sometimes even when it's not being used.
I went on Google to find a fix, thinking maybe it's because of an app I installed or something, I found dozens of solutions. Well, to shock you, none of them worked for my phone. It got so bad that even on very important calls, the phone would suddenly restart, and restart again like 4-5 times before going back to normal. These days, it restarts around 8-10 times almost every day.

I'm quite an IT person, and I've helped many people fix various phone issues, but this one has baffled me. I did the ultimate and formatted the phone, and as if to laugh at me, the phone restarted right after being formatted. That was the height of it.

I've used safe mode, deleted all apps, done everything possible.
At a point, I started suspecting android webview app as the cause, because I noticed it happens very frequently when I'm using chrome, playstore and few other Google apps. I noticed whenever I clear webview data, it would stop restarting for a while, until webview automatically enabled again. Only that now I've been able to disable webview, but it's still restarting every day lol .

Even while writing this, it restarted twice.
To cut long story short, I'm now beginning to think of rooting the phone, if it'll help because it's tiring. The only thing stopping me now is I realized the phone has 2 years warranty so I'm being patient if I may be able to find a Samsung centre. Funny thing is I called the Samsung care numbers on the Samsung care app, the guy sef confuse when I told him I gave tried everything he said, so he gave me their address which I drove to at adeniyi Jones but it was an empty building.
I think I bought the worse Samsung phone, lol.

Please if anyone has been through this before, please share with me how you solved it.
Re: I Think I Bought The Worst Samsung Phone Ever by femi4: 6:52pm On May 02, 2021
kamtrix:
An interesting Sunday story:
Around this time last year, I bought a Samsung A20s in Lagos. I was very happy finally getting a new Samsung, after using my former Samsung for quite some years, and I'm an avid follower of Samsung.
That night after buying the phone, I noticed it restarted itself but I didn't think much of it, maybe it's just new phone play.
I used the phone sparingly, for a few days, without it restarting, then after about 3 days, it started restarting again and I was surprised.
Every day, it seemed to get worse. The phone would suddenly restart at any given point, sometimes even when it's not being used.
I went on Google to find a fix, thinking maybe it's because of an app I installed or something, I found dozens of solutions. Well, to shock you, none of them worked for my phone. It got so bad that even on very important calls, the phone would suddenly restart, and restart again like 4-5 times before going back to normal. These days, it restarts around 8-10 times almost every day.

I'm quite an IT person, and I've helped many people fix various phone issues, but this one has baffled me. I did the ultimate and formatted the phone, and as if to laugh at me, the phone restarted right after being formatted. That was the height of it.

I've used safe mode, deleted all apps, done everything possible.
At a point, I started suspecting android webview app as the cause, because I noticed it happens very frequently when I'm using chrome, playstore and few other Google apps. I noticed whenever I clear webview data, it would stop restarting for a while, until webview automatically enabled again. Only that now I've been able to disable webview, but it's still restarting every day lol .

Even while writing this, it restarted twice.
To cut long story short, I'm now beginning to think of rooting the phone, if it'll help because it's tiring. The only thing stopping me now is I realized the phone has 2 years warranty so I'm being patient if I may be able to find a Samsung centre. Funny thing is I called the Samsung care numbers on the Samsung care app, the guy sef confuse when I told him I gave tried everything he said, so he gave me their address which I drove to at adeniyi Jones but it was an empty building.
I think I bought the worse Samsung phone, lol.

Please if anyone has been through this before, please share with me how you solved it.
Change network mode to 3G if you're on 4G
Re: I Think I Bought The Worst Samsung Phone Ever by kamtrix(m): 7:14pm On May 02, 2021
Yeah. I noticed that when Ii travelled and I didn't have 4g it didn't restart. But I changed it and it started restarting after a while, but I can try it again. If it works for like 2 weeks, I'll give you feed back.
But no internet is sweet like 4g oo. Lol. Thanks though.
Re: I Think I Bought The Worst Samsung Phone Ever by kamtrix(m): 9:05pm On May 03, 2021
femi4:
Change network mode to 3G if you're on 4G
bro I did this yesterday oo. It didn't restart till this afternoon, then went back to restarting again...chai
Re: I Think I Bought The Worst Samsung Phone Ever by southernbelle(f): 9:47pm On May 03, 2021
cheesy I like your sense of humour... what you just narrated sounds very stressful and I am not sure I will be as calm as you are if I were in your shoes. Please return the phone to a Samsung outlet soon, you do not need this kind of trouble from a device you should be enjoying.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Bought The Worst Samsung Phone Ever by kamtrix(m): 11:04pm On May 03, 2021
southernbelle:
cheesy I like your sense of humour... what you just narrated sounds very stressful and I am not sure I will be as calm as you are if I were in your shoes. Please return the phone to a Samsung outlet soon, you do not need this kind of trouble from a device you should be enjoying.
thanks for the compliment. I plan to once I can

(1) (Reply)

Magnify Charisma Of Your Home With Marvelous Painting Designs / Register Your Business Under CAC!!! / How Should A Wife Secure The Family's Property In The Absence Of A Will?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.