Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends (18920 Views)

My Wife Has Taken My April Fool's Joke All Wrong...please Help!! / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court / 11-years Without A Child Only To Find Out My Wife Has Been Aborting Our Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by 9icelag: 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2011
2shuz:

kai!!! truth is always bitter sha. Enough said. be the head of your family, be firm in setting boundaries and respect is very key. I dont think she knows that you really dont like it maybe you dey tell her with a smile on your face. dont beat her sha but be very stern.

PLS TELL HIM
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Egelife(m): 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2011
So what on earth do talk about at such time of d night? If it aint business I wonder what it is then,like the other guy made mention of light and darkness aint got nothing in common, married lady and apparently single guys got nothing as far as am concerned. I think u guys really need intimate talk on that, a divorce is not necessary now except it persist after the talk. gud luck
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by cynthiafred67(f): 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2011
@ I understand how u feel, i see nothing wrong with keeping male friends but atleast she should know where to draw the line. talk to her ask her to choose between her marriage and her male friends and if she refuse to change then u know what to do.
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by badesco(m): 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
Some women could be a pain the A, s, s. and this type of thing happens when the wife is more loaded than the man, hope you understand. Anyway Tell her to stop it and if she refuses, then do likewise after all, do me and do you God no vex now.
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by andyanders: 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2011
This is just to tell you that something is going on between her and the so called male friends of hers. You have to grow up as a man and call a spade a spade. How can you be in bed by that hour of the night and she receives a call from a male partner with an explanation that, the call was a friend of hers. To me that is rubbish.

Anyway, you are too soft. Until you grow up. Remember that u are married to her and not girlfriend issue.
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by moremi2008(m): 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2011
Some women don't deserve to be happily married. What kind of nonsense is this? The OP is clearly a mugu. God forbid bad thing!
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by ronkebp(f): 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2011
A married woman, should know that there is a limit to ''male friendship'' outside marraige, if you do not wnat your husband to have female friends, then you don't keep one.
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by oraclefemi(m): 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
if i talk now some over educated people go come here dey criticize, imagine that happening in the days of our fathers and grandfathers? its not possible but now we say women shouldnt be touched because they are women, being a woman doesnt make you stupid,as for me i am a traditional nigerian man, i will warn her several times and one day i will slap her and beat the Bleep out of her, we are about to make love ! for christsake you leave my hardon to answer another man's call in my matrimonial home where i married you, you will go to the man that night cause you wont sleep in my house.Some of us come on nairaland here and will quote one dumbshyte or the other to show how educated or reserved they are even when most of them will never take this in their home , they will say sit her down and talk to her blah blah blah, IF SHE RESPECTS YOU,SHE WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU IN SUCH A MOOD TO ANSWER THAT CALL UNLESS ITS HER MOTHER ,FATHER OR SIBLINGS AND ITS AN EMERGENCY, EVEN IF NA PASTOR, I WILL KINDLY PICK THE CALL AND TELL THE PASTOR NEVER EVER CALL MY WIFE AT NIGHT ! thats why before i get married i will date very well so the lady can know what i will take and wont take so she can decide if i am an animal or not before we make it official, no come dey form rubbish when i marry u put for house, i go beat madness comot for yah head, university degree or all dose books no make me stupid, i be correct sharp bariga boy!
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2011
reverse question
how many women on here will be ok with their husbands getting calls at 1am,11pm and co from his ex-girlfriends or just some curvy friends
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by ronkebp(f): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
OracleFemi, you never see demon you don hit wall!!!!! calm down, everything is not gra!!gra!!!!. How would you feel raising your hands and letting it come down on your wife, just like that na who you marry slave?
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by alexola20(m): 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2011

1 Like

Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Cine(m): 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2011
tough one. If she knows you don't like it, she should stop taking those sorts of calls. Having said that, she's surely entitled to a life with friends. I guess it's just a case of her learning to get the balance right. He should communicate his feelings to her properly, and if she still continues, either learn to deal with it or get a divorce.
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by 2shuz: 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2011
ronkebp:

OracleFemi, you never see demon you don hit wall!!!!! calm down, everything is not gra!!gra!!!!. How would you feel raising your hands and letting it come down on your wife, just like that na who you marry slave?

my belle o!!! No mind am jare. Na this kain people go they call their wife/galfrnd "baby" when them dey misbehave o. you cant win every thing with war especially if you still want the marriage
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by alexola20(m): 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
This 'male friend' nonsense yet again. Hmm.

Come to think of it, the only peaceful marriages I know in Nigeria are those in which the husband is a hardworking and doting provider (whether career person or businessman) for the family, while the wife is either a dutiful housewife or works at a 'light' job (teaching, civil service, etc.). It's strange but true. Seems impossible to enjoy a meaningful marriage with most of these 'modern' women who have been tarnished with/by all sorts of perverse orientations. I think the institution of marriage is obsolescent in a sense; its demise is around the corner. The last thing I want is to come back home after a hard day's work to engage in ego clashes with any godforsaken woman with overbloated notions of 'equality'. If peace must reign, it certainly wouldn't be at my expense.

Imagine having the audacity to hand out her phone number to some guy she meets on her way to the market or in a banking hall. Let alone being suicidal enough to pick a 'male friend's call in my presence? Chai. I reserve further comments.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by ronkebp(f): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^ that ''suicidal'' part has completed your ''further comments''. grin grin grin grin
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by tivta(m): 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
This is why i HATE gals who keep male friends. They dont know where to draw the line. Nigerian women are spoilt. Am sure women abroad wont do this. Nonsense.
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by MAURI: 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
No don't do anything! Abi you said she took the call by 10:30pm while you were trying to arrange for love making. The next one will be by 11pm when you are already inside, and she will push you away to take the important calls that matter to her.
She knows that you can tolerate such rubbish that is why she is doing it anyway.
My friend, open your eyes. If they are open and you still seem blind, then use onions to wash them fast.
Guys, can you imagine your wives taking a call by 10:30pm and proudly/boldly telling  you to your face that it was their ex-guy that called. I hate to imagine the action that will follow.
You are sooo funny, but at least you make yourself clear and draw the boundary lines very clear too. Very important in relationships.
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by dplordx(m): 8:15pm On Dec 01, 2011
My own current girlfriend for Lag even has such issues. She keeps getting calls after calls. Friends, thats what she calls them.
I recently made up my mind shes not getting my ring, and I had to recently go for an HIV test just to be sure im still safe.
Since this past couple months, Ive been sleeping with her with my condom on, and you know what: I just decided I need a better replacement.

to all ladies reading this:

if you intentionally do this to make a man jealous, i think thats an extremely wrong move. if he loves you, i think that should do.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2011
ronkebp:

^^^^^^^^^^ that ''suicidal'' part has completed your ''further comments''. grin grin grin grin

Lol. At least you get the idea.
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Kilode1: 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2011
When you become married, ALL males should be regarded as enemies. There is nothing like "Male Friends" grin

Guys need to quit disturbing married women when their husband is trying to get his freak on tho.

That's called c/o/c/k-blocking  embarassed
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Obynx: 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2011
pro01:

This 'male friend' nonsense yet again. Hmm.
/
Imagine having the audacity to hand out her phone number to some guy she meets on her way to the market or in a banking hall. Let alone being suicidal enough to pick a 'male friend's call in my presence? Chai. I reserve further comments.

I tend to concur with my friend with a point of View Succinctly put. Ore kini aja ba ekun she? (yoruba adage)
The Man Loves the "woman so much" and he "believes" she loves him too, haha he is not sure, some believed Yar adua was God sent too.
Abeg make we leave story, this matter get K leg.
Some Household wont even receive call after 10pm. I mean even inlaws included o, not some third party nonentity.

I dont advocate Violence any more against such behavior but any woman that remotely disrespects me to my face
will cause the day she met me. This whole saga if true leaves a bad taste in the Mouth,  A la tishe lo ma mo atishe ara e (yoruba adage)
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by eridah2007(m): 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2011
bigdoo:

If you know that you have not cheated on her and that you have been faithful to her all the time  of your marriage, then it is left for you to decide if you can put up with her behaviour or not.  I don't know who is the bread winner in the family.  Women tend to take their husbands for granted when they start to earn substantial income.  It gets into their head so much and sometimes some of them forget that they came into the marriage with absolutely nothing.
JN MOST CASE
badesco:

Some women could be a pain the A, s, s. and this type of thing happens when the wife is more loaded than the man, hope you understand. Anyway Tell her to stop it and if she refuses, then do likewise after all, do me and do you God no vex now.

CASE CLOSED
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by akyus(m): 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2011
Everybody is entitled to his or he own opinion. As for me I see no justification for keeping CONSTANT touch with your ex. But if the lady is the type that is so concerned about her personal development which is what I like. I'll allow her but set limits so that things don't get out of control. No man ever sits down and plan to rape his daughter, things just get out of control. Don't toy with your marriage, it's communication that brings affection. I'm not surprise by some comments on this post because I know many people support same sex marriage and are still right in their own way. You know what you want, and you have your senses to help you.
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by ronkebp(f): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
dplordx:

My own current girlfriend for Lag even has such issues. She keeps getting calls after calls. Friends, thats what she calls them.
I recently made up my mind shes not getting my ring, and I had to recently go for an HIV test just to be sure im still safe.
Since this past couple months, Ive been sleeping with her with my condom on, and you know what: I just decided I need a better replacement.

to all ladies reading this:

if you intentionally do this to make a man jealous, i think thats an extremely wrong move. if he loves you, i think that should do.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by begwong: 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
Did i hear you saying, you abi na your friend,that you never dated b4 marriage? Was it an angel or the devil that married her to u?
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2011
I dont normally judge people by their names or usernames. But bros, no offense, don't you think your username is affecting you? Check it out - "EvilSpirit"! Of all the usernames in the world, why go by that? I know this sounds irrelevant to the subject matter.

I advise you to do two things, find out if she has a history of keeping male friends. Ask her mom, her female friends, school mates, and all the people who knew her before you. If she has that history, then you should understand why she's like that. If not, then that calls for some investigation.

Secondly, you need to learn how to talk to a woman. Make her understand that its hurting you.

Divorcing your wife becos she picks calls from guys doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 01, 2011
Which state is the woman from?
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Abdul9ice(m): 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2011
chima12:

Which state is the woman from?
she's 4rm sabatica. . . . Lol
obongproff:

I dont normally judge people by their names or usernames. But bros, no offense, don't you think your username is affecting you? Check it out - "EvilSpirit"! Of all the usernames in the world, why go by that? I know this sounds irrelevant to the subject matter.

I advise you to do two things, find out if she has a history of keeping male friends. Ask her mom, her female friends, school mates, and all the people who knew her before you. If she has that history, then you should understand why she's like that. If not, then that calls for some investigation.

Secondly, you need to learn how to talk to a woman. Make her understand that its hurting you.

Divorcing your wife becos she picks calls from guys doesn't make any sense to me at all.
lol, wetin u go talk bout 'molobo' (dats in yoruba). . . Na wa o!
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Wislet(f): 9:57pm On Dec 01, 2011
Na vex dey catch me now sef. Women who don't value committed, loving, caring, every-woman's-dream kind of husbands are usually the ones getting them. And some of the ones who truly are the worthy-to-be-emulated-wives get the opposite. God forbid bad thing.

Male friends my foot. A married woman having male friends should be a type of friendship that is open, completely platonic and have set boundaries. The boundaries should even start from the fiance/fiancee stage when she is sure the man is serious about her. I will always continue to praise and admire our mothers in the days of our forefathers. They would have spat in disgust if they heard this. Modernization, reorientation, civilization, my foot. Marriage is a serious thing. Children and the unmarried should rever it and be in awe of it. Instead u see immature, people pleasing, unserious peeps with absolutely no clue as to what it entails, rushing to the altar.

1 Like

Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2011
[size=30pt]Dear Icebergs,
Sorry to hear about global warming. Karma's a biatch!
Yours' sincerely,
Titanic.[/size]
Re: His Wife Has Too Many Male Friends by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 01, 2011
[size=30pt]Dear Yahoo,
I never heard anyone say, ''lets yahoo it''.
Yours sincerely,
Google.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion / What Book On Marriage Can I Get For My Girlfriend On Her Birthday? / 4-year-old Child Blinds 5-year-old Friend With Needle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.