Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,780 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:52 PM

Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States (12102 Views)

Breaking News!! Wike Fubara Face Off, Rivers 23 Lgas Divide Into 6 Tribal Lines / Robert Clarke: Atiku, Obi’s Lawyers Didn’t Display Professionalism / Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by FarahAideed: 5:33pm On May 03, 2021
You can see why Nigeria never went anywhere , we have been plagued by poor thinkers for ages ... Just imagine someone solution to Buharis poor governance...Handover power to military and make Buhari head of govt to pacify him....in essence this man said we should make Buhari a military emperor cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by BigBashiru: 5:33pm On May 03, 2021
I like the part about all the money spent governing 36 states returning to the treasury....

Actually if you think about it Nigeria is too small to have 36 states. 6-12 is fine.
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by PrudencyFeats: 5:33pm On May 03, 2021
If Nigeria will not break, i prefer 3 regional system. North, East and West
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Chicastle: 5:33pm On May 03, 2021
IfGodbeforus:
This is the safest human intervention the nation can get, but I doubt if Pmb will do this. He does not listen or adhere to meaningful advice. He has his sinister plans on ground. It has to be a military leadership that represents the entire nation not a fulani military .

Nothing is meaningful there
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Joel3(m): 5:33pm On May 03, 2021
that's what would likely happened after buhari tenure. but not now as tere won't be 2022 election.

and also the military will forcefully create fulani grasing area.
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Stateoforigin: 5:34pm On May 03, 2021
Papa is saying we should go back to military regime. What a joke! The same military that kept us stagnant for many years with coups and counter coups.

The only realistic solution to Nigeria is a break up into seven pieces.

Nigeria shouldn't have been a country in the first place

1 Like

Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by BigBashiru: 5:37pm On May 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I want the military to take over because of the insecurities and violence in our country.

there is big chance that restructuring of the country will take place, central planning has been disastrous to us.

The country should be divided into regions across ethnic groups with a rotational president coming from each tribes

I'm has 4 main tribes: English, Irish, Welsh and Scottish and other tribes like druids and celt yet they don't call themselves tribes- tribe is a title for primitive people..... stop calling your selves tribes. English ppl never call themself tribe but they gave you the title and you accepted
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 03, 2021
SmartProf:

How? Is it the military that is in charge in first world countries? Are those in the Nigerian military not first and foremost humans who could be tribal and religious bigots. It's like you don't know that the top men in our military are those whose brothers are causing the biggest security issues the country is wailing about.

the questions here is this, are you in support of what the man said?

Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Mayeldah(m): 5:37pm On May 03, 2021
A forceful takeover of Government by the Military will help to stabilize the country

The new head of states can be a Northerner but not Fulani.
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Cmanforall: 5:38pm On May 03, 2021
SmartProf:

How? Is it the military that is in charge in first world countries? Are those in the Nigerian military not first and foremost humans who could be tribal and religious bigots. It's like you don't know that the top men in our military are those whose brothers are causing the biggest security issues the country is wailing about.
What works in other countries may not work in Nigeria.
Nigeria can also do things differently and achieve success
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by angelfallz(m): 5:39pm On May 03, 2021
I believe a military take over is the best. I've been saying we need to restructure, but it's obvious the politicians aren't interested in it.
The military can takeover, and begin the process of restructuring. Whether we restructure into 6 States or regions or geopolitical zones is irrelevant. The fact is our current system of government can't take us to the promised land.

By restructuring, we remove power from the FG, and place it in the hands of the federating units(6 States, geopolitical zones or regions)

It's the best form of government that would suit our heterogeneous nature. The igbos would rule themselves, the Yorubas would rule themselves the Hausas the same thing, the ibibios the same thing, Ebira the same thing etc.
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Cmanforall: 5:39pm On May 03, 2021
Simplyleo:
You mean the same fulani military should take over from fulani Buhari?

This is what happens when one exudes nothing but plain confusion.

Very funny pipu
How about all zones having a general from that zone controlling the region.

1 Like

Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Chigold101(m): 5:40pm On May 03, 2021
SmartProf:

He said the military should divide Nigeria into six states.

Tribal and religion would play little role as everyone will govern his tribe and within his religion
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Empiree: 5:40pm On May 03, 2021
IfGodbeforus:
This is the safest human intervention the nation can get, but I doubt if Pmb will do this. He does not listen or adhere to meaningful advice. He has his sinister plans on ground. It has to be a military leadership that represents the entire nation not a fulani military .
NIGERIANS can never be pleased. Airways complain about everything. If you don't want military to take over and you have no meaningful way of solving insecurity, and you are so much concerned about military tribalism and partiality, then, maybe you should implore your tribe (I guess you are Yorùbá) to join military too.

Why do you think majority in military are Hausa/Fulani and igbo?. It is because Yorùbá are coward. They don't want to be hero. In that case you have no reason to complain.
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by faste: 5:41pm On May 03, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I watched this man speak on channels tv last night. Nigeria is so blessed with best brains . I was just wondering why people like Clark weren't appointed into government cabinets. This is the only panacea to our myriads of problems, provided buhari won't introduce nepotism into the appointment of military chiefs who would take over the affairs of every state. Kęę pė baba. Kudos!
You think the miliary does not like power too?You have forgotten it took so much international presure before they were pushed out.
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Empiree: 5:41pm On May 03, 2021
Simplyleo:
You mean the same fulani military should take over from fulani Buhari?

This is what happens when one exudes nothing but plain confusion.

Very funny pipu
what stops you from joining military and making impact?. Are you just gonna sit in front of your computer and rant all day?
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by ylaa(f): 5:42pm On May 03, 2021
Over right bros.
The late Gadaffi of Lybia said so before he was capture and showed the way to the great beyond.....

quote author=Xiaomi1 post=101343902]He's right. [/quote]
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I want the military to take over because of the insecurities and violence in our country.

there is big chance that restructuring of the country will take place, central planning has been disastrous to us.

The country should be divided into regions across ethnic groups with a rotational president coming from each tribes
So Nigeria will swear in President every week? if SE & SW have bloc of people from the same tribe this can't work in the North and SS. One of the reason restructuring in accordance with some selfish views will cause dangerous ethno-religious problem is the pattern of electing a leader based on ethnic ground.
If Central govt is dangerous then ask yourself how are states govern with Governors rendering LGs useless? Why do we question only FG and leaving behind states in a state of draconian system?
Is it because we're always waiting for someone from a particular tribe to become President so that we start descending our long grudges?
We need serious constitutional amendment driving by Patriotic effort not usual ranting on public domain!
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by remsonik(f): 5:42pm On May 03, 2021
Yes Nigeria should be divided, let the country be restructured and our military should be restructured too. Our current military leadership can't do this even if buhari divides the nation. Each geopolitical zone should have it military leaders and should be free, brave and strong to fight any war, killings coming from banditry, insecurity, boko haram, fulani herdsmen and all bad activities all over the country.
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by snowball11(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2021
He shock me how Nigerians take reinforce this failure twice!

Na wa o! undecided
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Skillsnigeria: 5:44pm On May 03, 2021
The military taking over will not solve anything.i think,they should divide Nigeria into two.northern and southern Nigeria or divide it into arewa,oduduwa and biafra republic.i don't want to add niger Delta republic because almost half of niger Delta is igboland.they will eventually secede them to Biafra and oduduwa republic
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by observanc1: 5:44pm On May 03, 2021
SmartProf:

is nigeria a first world country?
Tell me. How did US security manage to track an American citizen kidnapped in niger republic and taken to sokoto. They located the exact location and sent their military the there, who went and eliminated the terrorists and rescued their citizen.
Same happened when terrorists kidnapped a British citizenin the north. British security located the exact house in sokoto. Sent their military who eliminated the terrorists and recovered the corpse of their citizen, who was killed by the terrorists.
Yet daily, the terrorists are roaming about kidnapping Nigerians in their hundreds and nothing being done about it.
Boko haram, gen Ihejirika had almost annihilated, sending the remaining on the fringes of chad, are now waxing strong. Invading yobe, bauchi and niger states and hoisting flag.
In the east, notorious bandits under the guise of unknown gunmen are roaming about, destroying state institutions, killing security operatives and terrorising everyone.
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Eriokanmi: 5:44pm On May 03, 2021
SmartProf:

That's the solution, except we're deceiving ourselves. I wondered why the OP didn't say all what Pa Edwin Clark said last night on channels tv, that he swore by his father's grave if Nigeria wouldn't collapse within six months, should things be allowed to continue this way. Haven't you heard of whats going on in Niger state where boko haram hoisted their flags and converting people to Islam by force? Such can only happen in a chaotic country where the rule of law is dead...it's a shame this happening to us already. What of the daily burning down of police stations and killing of soldiers and police in the south east? I've not even forgotten the daily boko haram incursion in the restive North Eastern and western regions.

Just today, I read in the news where akeredolu was said to have deported some people back to the north due to their heinous acts in the state. There's agitation for secession here and there but the almighty national assembly kept mum all because they eat free money belonging to tax layers. Governors embezzle allocation like no man's business. What of one popular givernor in my region who was said to have had one of the best private universities in Ghana? This man has no single registered business.

Kudos to pa Clark jare. Anyone who's not happy to hear this can go to buirdillon and report to tinubu. Who cares?
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by baseb: 5:44pm On May 03, 2021
And the military man or woman in charge would be from what state or zone?
Believe me that would add to the problem. Has anyone ever asked who created this mess we are currently in?
The state of the country has made some of us to start thinking 'extraterrestially'
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by angelfallz(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2021
SmartProf:

Bros, the military can start the process of restructuring. These politicians aren't interested.
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by saintrow1: 5:47pm On May 03, 2021
I don't understand this man but all I care about is Yoruba nation. That's all
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by Kestolove(m): 5:47pm On May 03, 2021
frustrated old man has come out clean, all the trap set for this government isn't moving fast as they plan
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by angelfallz(m): 5:47pm On May 03, 2021
IfGodbeforus:

I support a coup

1 Like

Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by executive12: 5:48pm On May 03, 2021
Nonsense. It's actually the military that got us into this mess.
What needs to be done is to form an interim national government (not to include the military). Then have the interim government organize a sovereign national conference to restructure Nigeria or organize an orderly separation.
Re: Robert Clarke: Allow Military Take Over, Divide Nigeria Into 6 States by angelfallz(m): 5:48pm On May 03, 2021
saintrow1:
I don't understand this man but all I care about is Yoruba nation. That's all

The best way to get a Yoruba nation, is to have a military takeover. So long as these politicians hold power, your Yoruba nation would remain a pipe dream.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tight Security At NASS As Buhari Presents 2022 Budget / Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! / 16-Year-Old-Girl Sues Colonel Over Alleged molestation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.