Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:34 AM

8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria (49531 Views)

Morayo Afolabi-Brown On Lekki: I Spoke The Truth Before Attack On TVC / Independence Day: 5 Nollywood Movies That Celebrate Nigeria / Top 10 Movies That Will Dominate 2018 By Kingston Dome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by MackIV(m): 9:22pm On May 03, 2021
Sabowest:
In Empire I can't remember the season again one lady told the other guy you have been a scammed by a Nigerian credit card scammer.
Nigeria my country we always reppin' grin

Even in Blackish, where Junior was chatting with a Girl. The siblings referenced he was Being cat fished by something Adebayo Lagos, Nigeria

The Expendables 1, the first scene was about Boko haram.

There are so many of them, I can't remember.

American Fathers, a season about Slavery from Nigeria/Africa to America. The slaves spoke igbo and burnt down the slave ship and all other ships

1 Like

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by penocrat1(m): 9:23pm On May 03, 2021
What of the Movie "Billions"?
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by armyofone(m): 9:23pm On May 03, 2021
Tears of the sun - there was a part of the movie where Bruce Willis said God already left Africa to a reply after Father something prayer.

That movie was the real deal - I love those kind of films.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by RingRoadMafia: 9:28pm On May 03, 2021
[quote author=Wayne4uall post=101355667][/quote]

Yes bro, we are for real. Desmond Elliot is a total waste of sperm
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:28pm On May 03, 2021
GRINGO
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Namzy(m): 9:29pm On May 03, 2021
American God's S01E01, Nigerian Igbo slaves called out to Anansi for help
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by tunwumi: 9:30pm On May 03, 2021
maxevans:

https://thewildanddomestic.com/best-action-hollywood-movies-that-spoke-about-nigeria/

From this you descriptions, it seems Boko Haram is synonyms of Nigeria grin
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by charlesucheh(m): 9:31pm On May 03, 2021
Was including a 100 naira Nigerian Note with awolowo's face in the PowerPoint exhibition of crews and casts a talk about Nigeria

Those money heist people don't even have respect for Nigeria o! they picked Kenya (Nairobi) and left Lagos and even Abuja ouuta the characters.
Chai! we don suffer! come to think of the fact that we exhault the movie down here with all our brains.

1 Like

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by phr0nesis(m): 9:31pm On May 03, 2021
Krak:
Nigeria was also mentioned in the movie AVATAR.
Seriously?
When did they mention Nigeria?
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by RingRoadMafia: 9:31pm On May 03, 2021
gentlesmithugo:
pls no vex bro,wetin Desmond Elliot do?

Where I wan start from seff? Is it building plank bridge for his constituents? Abi the plastic toilets he shared for them? Abi the one cup of garri? Abi his comments during the end sars protests calling his fellow youths kids?

Where I wan start from? Devil punish Desmond Idiot!

6 Likes

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Lonelypacifist6: 9:32pm On May 03, 2021
BobheartsAbisola is worthy of mention, my SO introduced me to it.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 9:32pm On May 03, 2021
[quote author=tunjilee003 post=101355627][/quote]please kindly go re view the movie rebekah said it
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by tunjilee003: 9:35pm On May 03, 2021
ORLAHOLUWA:
please kindly go re view the movie rebekah said it
I can bet with my total savings it wasnt Rebecca it was Elijah
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by firstratedcitiz(m): 9:36pm On May 03, 2021
In the 2004 supernatural/adventure drama series, LOST, Nigeria is referenced in one of the episodes where John Locke inspected a light aircraft that crashed near the island. The plane was conveying Nigerian drug traffickers disguised as Catholic priests. John Locke and his companion, Boone, found some currency notes tucked inside the pocket of one of the crash victims. When Boone inquired what type of currency was that, Locke replied:
"Nigerian naira."
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by starbuck(f): 9:36pm On May 03, 2021
Beast of no nation
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by ibolord(m): 9:38pm On May 03, 2021
You missed The Expendables
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Snow02: 9:39pm On May 03, 2021
RingRoadMafia:
May thunder locate and fire Desmond Elliot wherever he is. angry
Lmao
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by slimprinze1(m): 9:40pm On May 03, 2021
What of SIX season one. America nevy team came to Nigeria to rescue school girls and American citizen from Boko Haram. The whole of season one base in Nigeria and Chad where Boko Haram later transferred the kidnapped school girls from Nigeria to Chad

1 Like

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by heykims(m): 9:40pm On May 03, 2021
The Resident. One of the lead character, Mina is from Nigeria and the county is frequently referred to in the entire series.

1 Like

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by don89(m): 9:41pm On May 03, 2021
You forgot prison break.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by oguns222: 9:42pm On May 03, 2021
abeniagbon:
and all Nollywood or yorubawood speak about American

They are reciprocating respect
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Krak(m): 9:44pm On May 03, 2021
phr0nesis:

Seriously?
When did they mention Nigeria?

When Colonel Quaritch was talking about places they went on missions in the past, he mentioned Nigeria.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Classickj(m): 9:45pm On May 03, 2021
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by CAPITALBEE: 9:46pm On May 03, 2021
maxevans:

https://thewildanddomestic.com/best-action-hollywood-movies-that-spoke-about-nigeria/

Op... You forgot BILLIONS - Season 2 Episode 5 (CURRENCY)

Axe the billionaire was trying to profit off Nigeria's economic crisis as a result of it's currency devaluation.

Other worthy mentions include Bob Hearts Abisola and GRINGO grin
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Onelove508: 9:47pm On May 03, 2021
GeneralPula:
Money heist
X-men..

The rest, I never watch..

Who is Nigeria in Money heist?
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by iKingsley(m): 9:50pm On May 03, 2021
There was this Chinese movie: The Twins. They where pursuing some chinese people and they ran into a Mall/market. They met some fat black women and they asked if they saw anyone, in Chinese language, but those black women responded in Igbo, "Ha no na mgbada ebe ni" grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Sima04: 9:51pm On May 03, 2021
In strike back reloaded the final episode they mentioned Boko Haram Nigeria

Person of interest(series) and killer man
They mentioned Nigerian gangs
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Onelove508: 9:51pm On May 03, 2021
charlesucheh:
Was including a 100 naira Nigerian Note with awolowo's face in the PowerPoint exhibition of crews and casts a talk about Nigeria

Those money heist people don't even have respect for Nigeria o! they picked Kenya (Nairobi) and left Lagos and even Abuja ouuta the characters.
Chai! we don suffer! come to think of the fact that we exhault the movie down here with all our brains.

While watching, LEGOS was the first name that came to mind. Even if it's one name from African, it should have been LAGOS.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:52pm On May 03, 2021
Igbo amaka
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by anenymasng(m): 9:54pm On May 03, 2021
Blacklist! Red talked about sopona amongst the yoruba people.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Mescheal955: 10:00pm On May 03, 2021
Nigeria’s latest hot money-making group, someone earns up to 100k a day, click to join the group quickly https:///HkfEgUT1kKB2hSbDJA8JWK
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Brimstone77: 10:03pm On May 03, 2021
There was one I watched were an Igbo man invented a drug in the us ........Jaden Smit played the role of that Igbo man....I have forgotten the name of that movie..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kande Gao: Meet Chinese Journalist That Broadcast In Hausa Fluently / Ebuka Reacts As Nigerians Kick Against Airing BB Titans During 2022 Election / O2tvseries.com Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.