Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,672,584 members, 6,285,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 05:06 AM

8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria (44614 Views)

Morayo Afolabi-Brown On Lekki: I Spoke The Truth Before Attack On TVC / Independence Day: 5 Nollywood Movies That Celebrate Nigeria / Top 10 Movies That Will Dominate 2018 By Kingston Dome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by maxevans: 9:42am On May 04
Killermamba:

Many Hollywood movies talked about Nigeria most recently billions,

Nobody mentioned power series Olurotimi Akinosho the guy that acted Dre is a Nigerian
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by detectivejones(m): 9:50am On May 04
FuckThaMod:
There are more than 8 tho.. There's a particular one that also talked about boko haram but it isn't on this list.
Anyways, very soon the country would seize to exist

Hmm. ...I'm glad you too will go into oblivon with it
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by samwash(m): 10:06am On May 04
firstratedcitiz:
The murdered priest whose ghost kept on appearing on the island in LOST is Yemi. His bother, a former militant, is Mr. Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje)

Sori I got it wrong, it's been a long time,man needs to get a refresher course on that movie.
Mk I even go find were I pack the movie put & select the reasons come out dey rewatch again.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by divineappo(m): 10:23am On May 04
swiz123:
Raymond Reddington mentioned Yoruba culture.. They even spoke the language in the movie.
I was shocked that in the movie Blacklist
One of the drug dealers in the movie, his name is Buhari

1 Like

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Blofeld(m): 10:33am On May 04
Bob Hearts Abishola comes to mind!
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by charlesucheh(m): 11:11am On May 04
Onelove508:

While watching, LEGOS was the first name that came to mind. Even if it's one name from African, it should have been LAGOS.
I tell you....
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by OyinO: 11:32am On May 04
Those are coded language and signals to announce the disintegration of Nigeria by the West.

1 Like

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by SniperSmurf(m): 11:59am On May 04
maxevans:

https://thewildanddomestic.com/best-action-hollywood-movies-that-spoke-about-nigeria/

In the TV series Lost one of the main characters was a towering Nigerian ex warlord turned pastor called 'Mr. Eko'. He spoke Yoruba on several occasions.

In the movie Bourne Identity the main antagonist that was being hunted by the CIA also spoke Yoruba and claimed to be from west Africa.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Dickson178: 12:06pm On May 04
All igbowood , yorubawood , hausawood , including firewood speaks about Nigeria.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by FuckThaMod: 1:18pm On May 04
detectivejones:

Hmm. ...I'm glad you too will go into oblivon with it
The country is just a business name and I'm not a business name. So move
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Adroit144(m): 1:27pm On May 04
American Gods season 3 had two orishas(goddesses /gods in Yoruba culture) Iyemeja and osun. Yoruba language was also spoken in one of the episodes
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Didi2d(m): 2:02pm On May 04
What about gangs of London "
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Davidzy23(m): 2:32pm On May 04
iKingsley:
There was this Chinese movie: The Twins. They where pursuing some chinese people and they ran into a Mall/market. They met some fat black women and they asked if they saw anyone, in Chinese language, but those black women responded in Igbo, "Ha no na mgbada ebe ni" grin
Twins mission

1 Like

Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by naijaman2225(m): 3:44pm On May 04
ElRapido:
The big problem is that Buhari is clueless about how to move Nigeria forward and now the fans are protesting at Old Trafford. It will be interesting to see how everything plays out in the coming days. But in my opinion, I think we need to tax the rich more, increase the minimum wage and Hitler should face the law as soon as possible.

I AGREE WITH YOU ... AND THE BRITISH MONARCH SHOULD HANDOVER IMMEDIATELY TO PRINCE 'RANDY ANDY' ANDREW WHO WILL MAKE A BETTER KING THAN CHARLES.
IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING I DON'T DRINK, I DON'T SMOKE... AND I DON'T SNORT.
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by maxevans: 5:37pm On May 04
Dickson178:
All igbowood , yorubawood , hausawood , including firewood speaks about Nigeria.

WTF cheesy grin
Re: 8 Hollywood Movies That Spoke About Nigeria by Nairabird(m): 1:05am On May 05
6 underground and space sweeper (korean movie)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Mercy To Ike 'You Can't Take Care Of Me And My Family' / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics / Gifty Dated Flavour, Now Dating K24 After Leaving Her Marriage After 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.