Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland (988 Views)

What I Learned After Months Of Being Off Nairaland / Nnamdi Kanu: Malami Playing Politics To Divide Yoruba, Igbo People- HURIWA / Akintoye: Awolowo Told Me Yoruba, Igbo Must Work Together For Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by GodHatesBigots(m): 5:06pm On May 03, 2021
I am Igbo but I spent 80% of my life with Yorubas and I love them. Some of my best friends till today are Yoruba. We have very very close Yoruba family friends - the list is endless.

From primary school to University to NYSC to even here in the UK, Yoruba and Igbo get on and we are friends, couples, business partners etc.
We inter-marry, we do business together, we bond together to fight injustice -but when we come to nairaland we see hatred.

I am so confused, is Nairaland a true representation of Nigeria or am I naive

So much abuse and hate between both tribes here, is it real or fake

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by helinues: 5:11pm On May 03, 2021
Both Igbo and Yoruba in real life are not even aware of the banter going on on social media .

It ends here..

Phyno is probably in a studio with one Yoruba artist as we speak

6 Likes

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by AdaugoChisom(f): 5:17pm On May 03, 2021
You know Fulani/Hausa like impersonating well well....they will be attacking you as if they're Yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by Lifestone(m): 5:25pm On May 03, 2021
I am proudly Yoruba and most of my most amazing friends are of Igbo origin. We eat and do stuffs together.
Sometimes I wonder if the comments of hates I read on Nairaland are from ghosts.

6 Likes

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by GodHatesBigots(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2021
helinues:
Both Igbo and Yoruba in real life are not even aware of the banter going on on social media .

It ends here..

Is it possible that the Yorubas here on Nairaland are area boys as opposed to the well informed educated Yorubas ? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by Biafravd: 5:28pm On May 03, 2021
We biafravd people hate yoruba because they are greater than us

2 Likes

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by helinues: 5:28pm On May 03, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Is it possible that the Yorubas here on Nairaland are area boys as opposed to the well informed educated Yorubas ? grin

Same could be asked about the Igbos on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by folabayo(f): 5:29pm On May 03, 2021
Most of my friend's are actually igbo's, delta's, even hausa's. The funny part is these people are actually sincere than my fellow Yoruba except for two.
I guess some of the guys here are just trolling, they might actually not b yoruba/igbo in reality.
Exposure is also a factor( staying on nairaland for 24hrs dosnt mk u expose)
It all boils down to every individual and the way they feel about others. Personally my kind of specie, there is no tribe I can't bond with( just hv a good and sincere heart )

2 Likes

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 03, 2021
helinues:

It ends here..

Helinues our son.

Cc lzaa ngadaawo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by GodHatesBigots(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2021
helinues:

Same could be asked about the Igbos on Nairaland

Yes of course as in Alaba boys ? cheesy
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by helinues: 5:32pm On May 03, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Hope you are aware that God hates Bigots? undecided
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 03, 2021
One thing i hate most in my life is hypocrisy

I am a human being i don't have problem with anyone unless you threaten my own existence e.g thief or Islamic jihadist

This idea of emeka is Igbo and have Yoruba friends is not a binding for a union as nationhood

Must we be one?

Can't we be friends from opposing end?

This is the same bull shlt that NYSC was made for, i remember then in inter platoon competition some one who just spent 7 days in camp would be telling you he has learnt Nigeria is one bla bla bla

8 Likes

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by ThEGodFaThEr104: 5:34pm On May 03, 2021
I was born and bred in Lagos State. Had all my education here in Lagos from primary to tertiary. 70% of my friends are all Omoluabi's. I have cousins and relatives who married Yorubas.

The Afonjas I have problem with are those Olori pęlębę on Nairaland who like casting aspersions at Igbos. These ones are irredeemable and can't be rescued from their stupidity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by flokii: 5:35pm On May 03, 2021
Yorubas have no problem with any tribe in Nigeria be it Hausa, Igbo, Ijaw etc. we see humanity first.

But you see you Igbos, you're always trying to make Yorubas see North as the enemy and force Igbo love on us whereas you despise us in your closets.. actions speaks louder than words, all you did to Awo, Akintola, M.K.O, sacking Yorubas anyhow under GEJ and replacing them with Easterners, hate on Tinubu, PYO and lots more..
I have Igbo friends same way as I have Hausa, Tiv, Idoma etc. friends and trust me those guys in the North are more reliable, honest to an extent and trustworthy than Igbos, If not for the few bad eggs amongst them.

3 Likes

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by helinues: 5:36pm On May 03, 2021
732twooo:
[s][/s]
die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die

Proudly Igbo boy. You are really making your region proud..

Op, hope you got your answer already
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by ThEGodFaThEr104: 5:38pm On May 03, 2021
folabayo:
Most of my friend's are actually igbo's, delta's, even hausa's. The funny part is these people are actually sincere than my fellow Yoruba except for two.
I guess some of the guys here are just trolling, they might actually not b yoruba/igbo in reality.
Exposure is also a factor( staying on nairaland for 24hrs dosnt mk u expose)
It all boils down to every individual and the way they feel about others. Personally my kind of specie, there is no tribe I can't bond with( just hv a good and sincere heart )
Oya! Come over let's do one or two or even three things together.

How do you want it?

How does it feel?

Coming up as a nigger in a casket, I'm living in a fast lane life for real.....
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by helinues: 5:38pm On May 03, 2021
732twooo:
[s][/s]

shatap
I'm on manual mode gbegile

Nobody asked you any questions..

Your people on NL are really proud of you.

Na who thunder go fire next? Your blokos

grin
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by helinues: 5:40pm On May 03, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Are you seeing what your brother is doing on this thread...

Area boys would do better than this on social media
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by helinues: 5:41pm On May 03, 2021
What an interesting thread .

Op is yet to pack the oracle from ground, it has started predicting.

3daful
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by ThEGodFaThEr104: 5:42pm On May 03, 2021
flokii:
Yorubas have no problem with any tribe in Nigeria be it Hausa, Igbo, Ijaw etc. we see humanity first.

But you see you Igbos, you're always trying to make Yorubas see North as the enemy and force Igbo love on us whereas you despise us in your closets.. actions speaks louder than words, all you did to Awo, Akintola, M.K.O, sacking Yorubas anyhow under GEJ and replacing them with Easterners, hate on Tinubu, PYO and lots more..
I have Igbo friends same way as I have Hausa, Tiv, Idoma friends and trust me those guys in the North are more reliable, honest to an extent and trustworthy than Igbos, If not for the few bad eggs amongst them.
You're one of those irredeemable Afonja bigots we have on here. People like you shouldn't be where better people are. You belong to the gutter because your mentality is gutter-like.

Eleribu somebody!

3 Likes

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by GodHatesBigots(m): 5:42pm On May 03, 2021
helinues:

Hope you are aware that God hates Bigots? undecided

Sarcasm is lost on you - no wonder.... shocked wink
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by baralatie(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2021
GodHatesBigots:
I am Igbo but I spent 80% of my life with Yorubas and I love them. Some of my best friends till today are Yoruba. We have very very close Yoruba family friends - the list is endless.

From primary school to University to NYSC to even here in the UK, Yoruba and Igbo get on and we are friends, couples, business partners etc.
We inter-marry, we do business together, we bond together to fight injustice -but when we come to nairaland we see hatred.

is all fake o!
this is a faceless forum and there is a lot of impersonation that goes on in here
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by GodHatesBigots(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2021
baralatie:

is all fake o!
this is a faceless forum and there is a lot of impersonation that goes on in here

Has to be true - I believe You.
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by budaatum: 5:44pm On May 03, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

No you are not naive to believe the evidence you perceive with your own senses.

Most on here will say negative things about other tribes and religions then go out of their homes and associate peacefully with those they've said negative things about on here. It's like they are inflicted with from some sort of cognitive dissonance, which you obviously do not seem to suffer from.

Basically, you are healthy in the midst of lots of unhealthy people and are now thinking you should become unhealthy like them. Please don't! God hates bigots!
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by helinues: 5:45pm On May 03, 2021
GodHatesBigots:

Sarcasm is lost on you - no wonder.... shocked wink

Oya, drop that goal post now Now...

You started the tantrum on this thread by yourself while your people don take it from where you left it.

This thread is an eye opener
Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by flokii: 5:46pm On May 03, 2021
Mikehot:
One thing i hate most in my life is hypocrisy

I am a human being i don't have problem with anyone unless you threaten my own existence e.g thief or Islamic jihadist

This idea of emeka is Igbo and have Yoruba friends is not a binding for a union as nationhood

Must we be one?

Can't we be friends from opposing end?

This is the same bull shlt that NYSC was made for, i remember then in inter platoon competition some one who just spent 7 days in camp would be telling you he has learnt Nigeria is one bla bla bla

The earlier Igbos realize they are just being tolerated, the better for them..

you can't just go about insulting your hosts, calling people lazy, calling people's lands "no man's land" and expect love in return.
I observe Northerners deal with them with long stick, it's my people that are still forming woke till they get killed like VICTOR BANJO, Ojukwu's supposed friend that led his biafra army.

4 Likes

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by GodHatesBigots(m): 5:48pm On May 03, 2021
flokii:

The earlier Igbos realize they are just being tolerated, the better for them..

you can't just go about insulting your hosts, calling people lazy, calling people's lands "no man's land" and expect love in return.
I observe Northerners deal with them with long stick, it's my people that are still forming woke till they get killed like VICTOR BANJO, Ojukwu's supposed friend that led his biafra army.

Re: Comparing Yoruba & Igbo Relationship On Nairaland And Off Nairaland by folabayo(f): 5:48pm On May 03, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr104:

Oya! Come over let's do one or two or even three things together.

How do you want it?

How does it feel?

Coming up as a nigger in a casket, I'm living in a fast lane life for real.....
Niggar in casket shocked
Hope am safe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Message To The "We The South South" Charlatans / Is The Federal Government And The President Actually Threatening The South East / Sunday Igboho Arrives Court At Arrive Beninoise Court For Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.