Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos (18238 Views)

What I Saw In The Street Of Calabar By 11:38pm (photos) / Peter Obi Escapes Death As APC And PDP Clash In Abuja Today (Photos) / PDP Campaign Rally In Kaduna State Today-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by AuroraB(f): 6:12am On May 04, 2021
nwaanambra1:

niger delta oyil amoni abi?

bc we be fulani or we av been president of nigeria?

or una dey come dash us the oil money for our shops in various villages in nigeria were we dey dey hustle without any form of govt support!

abi una dash us from that special reconstruction fund created to compensate ndi igbo for destructions of their properties and genocidal murder of their kinsmen!

kitikpa na nwero nwanne gbague gi there! AMOSU!
don't mind the onuku cheesy
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by awgumayor: 6:18am On May 04, 2021
Chibuike21:

We bounced back with Niger Delta oil money. If you must doff your hat, it should be to Niger Delta people.
Imo is part and parcel of your political Niger Delta and Igboland is almost half of Niger Delta. Jealousy jealousy jealoooussy......... Evie Edna. Igbos move others jealous.
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by funkekemi(f): 6:54am On May 04, 2021
princemillla:
Op I understand u av to appreciate what u saw, but how dare you compare these houses wit what we av in banana island. None of these two pics u posted can even stand most estate in mainland let alone on the island
Lagos Lagos Lagos na only Lagos be Yoruba
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by funkekemi(f): 6:58am On May 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

Building big houses in villages without no one living there. It is very common in south east. If house owners are paying property tax, people would not build houses for ghosts to stay.
are you honestly kidding me ?
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by PissfulProtester: 7:00am On May 04, 2021
ERockson:
Don't also forget that larger number of these people are in death row in Asia due to drug related offences.

Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 7:13am On May 04, 2021
God continue to bless the Igbo and Yoruba nation,Amen.
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 7:20am On May 04, 2021
Lalasticlala good morning
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by Drizzy5001(m): 7:35am On May 04, 2021
If its in terms of houses, I give to the northners, those guys sabi build, they have taste, try visit Adamawa state, Kaduna or Kano state and see for yourself. grin even though I know say most them na politics money sha.
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by Midas01: 7:38am On May 04, 2021
You people just brag too much. I am urhobo and there are many nice houses in my village and neighboring villages infact the very best house I've seen in Nigeria happens to be in the village.
AniOmaa:

You don't typically see nice houses in remote villages across Nigeria except in the East, anyone who is well traveled and honest can attest to this fact.
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by GiftedSaint001: 7:42am On May 04, 2021
You must talk �
slimfit1:
He can't even repair the road leading to his house or a gutter some people and selfishness self.
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by forgiveness: 7:57am On May 04, 2021
owobokiri:

You are insane!
Why do I need to hide any dirty village from you?
Are you that important? For what reason really?
I'm not from mbaise..Not from Anambra but I know that Anambra has the best villages in this country in terms of serious mansions.
Go to a place called Alor, or Nnewi, Adazi ani, Neni, Okija..
Just visit any of those towns and cry for your sterile village..

How did you know?
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by forgiveness: 8:03am On May 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

There are no brown roof houses in the villages I visited in Imo state like we have in Oyo and Ibadan.

Really!?
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 8:09am On May 04, 2021
forgiveness:

Really!?
For real
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by AniOmaa: 8:10am On May 04, 2021
Basher8583:

That's because a typical Yoruba or Hausa man does not does not derive pleasure in oppressing with wealth. We dont show off. No need for it. And at the end of the day the richest men and women in Nigeria are the Yorubas and Hausas. How ironic
Who made Yorubas and Hausas richest in Nigeria? on what indices are they the richest? Just because one or two Yoruba and Hausa individuals made the outdated Forbes list for richest men in Africa doesn't mean the average Hausa or yoruba is richer than the Igbos on the basis of wealth distribution and sustainability... I can bet that even in your immediate community right now, you will see several mansions and thriving businesses owned by Igbos, it's only in Yorubaland we get to see successful Yorubas, Igbos are easily the commercial beehives found across every nook and cranny of Nigeria, Igbos tend to be successful in almost every part of the country they find themselves.

3 Likes

Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by owobokiri(m): 8:13am On May 04, 2021
forgiveness:

How did you know?

Which other place has better ones?
Some people will start off criticizing the building of "Big Houses" in the villages as economic wastes.... Then in another moment, they're trying to compete with those who believe in this..., With their dusty villages ofcourse..
I have traveled reasonably across Nigeria and I think those Anambra villages have some of the best "village houses" around...
If you think I'm wrong, which might be true, mention other villages elsewhere that's are better in that area...

1 Like

Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by forgiveness: 8:15am On May 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

For real

Not real because I have been to many villages in the East and I saw brown roofs and modern houses.
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by joyandfaith: 8:16am On May 04, 2021
funkekemi:
are you honestly kidding me ?

Yes. I have been in Mbano and some parts of south east. Their villages are more like farm settlements ( oko) in yoruba land. Amazingly, you would see mansions occupying by ghosts-I mean empty houses. Most of the owners are traders in other parts of the country or living abroad.
Most igbos would first build in villages before building in cities or where they work unlike yorubas would will first build in where they work before considering building in cities . Though there are some exceptions.
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by forgiveness: 8:21am On May 04, 2021
owobokiri:

Which other place has better ones?
Some people will start off criticizing the building of "Big Houses" in the villages as economic wastes.... Then in another moment, they're trying to compete with those who believe in this..., With their dusty villages ofcourse..
I have traveled reasonably across Nigeria and I think those Anambra villages have some of the best "village houses" around...
If you think I'm wrong, which might be true, mention other villages elsewhere that's are better in that area...

I have been to many places in the East. Can you list the villages? So that I can understand your definition of village.
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by funkekemi(f): 8:45am On May 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

Yes. I have been in Mbano and some parts of south east. Their villages are more like farm settlements ( oko) in yoruba land. Amazingly, you would see mansions occupying by ghosts-I mean empty houses. Most of the owners are traders in other parts of the country or living abroad.
Most igbos would first build in villages before building in cities or where they work unlike yorubas would will first build in where they work before considering building in cities . Though there are some exceptions.
ok
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by vivalavida(m): 8:46am On May 04, 2021
Sunnybay7:
But an earlier thread showed a guy beating his mother in the east, the houses there no join at all.
Virtually everywhere in the country has many edifices like this. Stop gloating over little minded achievement.
The boy below did more than beating.

The police in Lagos state have arrested 29 year old Taiwo Akinola pictured above for trying to kill his mother, Alice Akinola so as to further his cyber fraud business ( yahoo.com) to the bloody or ritual level (yahoo plus).

A statement by the police command spokesperson, CSP Chike Oti, says Taiwo who lives with his mother at No.2 Raji Ajanaku street, Alaja Road, Ayobo, Lagos, is a staunch member of the notorious Aiye confraternity.

At about 8am yesterday Sunday August 19th, Taiwo went to his mother's provision store in front of their apartment and told her to meet him inside the house for an important discussion and at same time sent his nephew, Faruk to go buy him a white handkerchief and a stick of cigarette.

As soon as his mother entered the house, the suspect attacked her, smashing her head with a plank, pressing iron and a UPS charger to ensure she didn't survive the ferocious attack.

When Faruk returned from the errand, he didn't see his grandmother in the shop so he went into the house only to see the poor woman lying in a pool of blood. Shocked by what he saw, the small boy raised the alarm which attracted neighbours to the scene.

They called the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Ayobo Division who arrived the scene with his team and promptly arrested the suspect and secured the scene for further investigation by the police forensic experts attached to the Homicide section SCIID Panti, Yaba .

The victim was rushed to an undisclosed hospital for treatment and was found to be hanging onto life. Right now, the doctors are battling to revive Mrs Alice Akinola presently unconscious Meanwhile the CP has paid the initial hospital cost which enabled the doctors to commence treatment.

During a brief interrogation, the suspect disclosed that he was asked to kill his mother in order to have more money. When his room was searched, the following exhibits were recovered in it, viz:

1. Two calabashes with one containing human skull and the other, a mixture of dark concoction;
2. A plank perforated with nails and stained with blood;
3. A pressing iron stained with blood;
4. A white handkerchief with which he wanted to scoop the victim's blood;
5. A bottle containing oil and labelled Back To Sender;

The Commissioner of Police calls on Lagosians to rise against all forms of crime and criminality. He added that the Command defeated the Badoo cult group with the help of people who provided credible and timely information to the police . He added that the time has come to root out the street cult groups. He notes that complacency is not an option in the face of threat to peace and security posed by these nefarious associations.

Graphic photos: Yahoo Boy attempts to kill his mother for money rituals in Lagos
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/8/graphic-photos-yahoo-boy-attempts-to-kill-his-mother-for-money-rituals-in-lagos.html

Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by rummmy: 8:46am On May 04, 2021
ERockson:
Don't also forget that larger number of these people are in death row in Asia due to drug related offences.
some are in Benin republic IDP camp.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 9:00am On May 04, 2021
rummmy:
some are in Benin republic IDP camp.. grin grin
lol
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by okeyglm: 9:32am On May 04, 2021
Drizzy5001:
If its in terms of houses, I give to the northners, those guys sabi build, they have taste, try visit Adamawa state, Kaduna or Kano state and see for yourself. grin even though I know say most them na politics money sha.
north ko. sure u never been to east
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by Patrioticbreed9(m): 10:01am On May 04, 2021
I was shocked the day i visited uburu in ebonyi state
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by mbaise1000: 10:09am On May 04, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Sunnybay7:
But an earlier thread showed a guy beating his mother in the east, the houses there no join at all.
Virtually everywhere in the country has many edifices like this. Stop gloating over little minded achievement.
See bad belle
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by majamajic(m): 10:44am On May 04, 2021
owobokiri:

You are insane!
Why do I need to hide any dirty village from you?
Are you that important? For what reason really?
I'm not from mbaise..Not from Anambra but I know that Anambra has the best villages in this country in terms of serious mansions.
Go to a place called Alor, or Nnewi, Adazi ani, Neni, Okija..
Just visit any of those towns and cry for your sterile village..

Anambra villages has the best mansion and best village road network in Nigeria , like this house now in this link

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4218585441519224&id=100001034302976
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by spartan117(m): 10:45am On May 04, 2021
slimfit1:
He can't even repair the road leading to his house or a gutter some people and selfishness self.
Is he the government?
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by majamajic(m): 10:48am On May 04, 2021
slimfit1:

Do u know the stress u get , just to get approval from government to tare a road ? 20m for no get u approval for 1km road , but in Anambra most of them pay for approvals like emoney and rest of them
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by Xbursta(m): 11:06am On May 04, 2021
slimfit1:

Did you make the money for him why the bitterness
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by Aconomist: 11:14am On May 04, 2021
It would be better to use that money to build organized cities or invest in something productive instead of useless houses with bad roads everywhere.
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by Aconomist: 11:15am On May 04, 2021
Xbursta:

Did you make the money for him why the bitterness
Because its not just selfishness, its stupidity. Only a monkey would live in a mansion surrounded by bad roads and filth. This is why the whole world laughs at Africans.
Re: See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos by ogkrakkid(m): 11:21am On May 04, 2021
Chibuike21:

We bounced back with Niger Delta oil money. If you must doff your hat, it should be to Niger Delta people.
God bless you and clean ur of all iniquities for spitting this unconditionally.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Nigeria Needs Leaders With Genuine Identity, Verified Credentials / G5 Crisis: Akinjide Wins Polling Unit For Atiku In Ibadan / Fuel Subsidy: You Can't Task The Poor To Pay The Rich - NLC Mobilises For Wed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.