Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,059 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:42 AM

Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo (2163 Views)

Armed Robbers Led By Pastor's Son Kill Businessman In Benue (Photos) / Babatunde Adeluka Olubasa: Gunmen Assassinate Businessman In Ondo / Youths Prevent The Kidnap Of A Businessman In Port-Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Tofax: 8:08pm On May 03, 2021
There was pandemonium at Amakohia and Akwakuma communities in Owerri North Council Area of Imo State when soldiers allegedly killed a 39- year-old businessman, Mr. Noel Chigbu.

The deceased, a father of two infants with a pregnant wife, was allegedly killed by soldiers at the Amakohia Flyover checkpoint around 10.00 pm last Friday, The Nation learnt.

He was said to have taken delivery of his new Toyota Camry car (spider) and was returning to his house when the incident happened.

A spokesperson for the family, Tobechi Chigbu, accused military men at Amakohia flyover in Owerri of killing his younger brother.

According to the distraught eldest brother, Noel, who operated a Shawarma shop at Akwakuma Roundabout, was killed after dropping his friend on his way home.

He claimed the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of operations in the state told the family the soldiers said they shot him because he “violated their checkpoint rule.”

He vowed the family would make sure the military men who killed his brother were identified and prosecuted.

According to him: “Noel is one of my younger brothers. He is the owner of Shawarma zone in front of Home Away Palace by Ukaigwe Hospital, Akwakuma junction, Owerri.

“He just finished dropping his friend who also does the same business with him in front of Amakohia market. It was around 10 pm on Friday, April 30.

“His friend he dropped said that it was not up to two to three minutes he dropped him and left that he heard gunshots the destination Noel drove to and people including him scampered for safety. He didn’t know that it was his friend, my brother that was shot by the soldiers.

“His whereabouts became unknown as he didn’t return home that night. His wife became worried and started calling us. The number was ringing and nobody was picking it until about 5:30 in the evening the next day.

“One person picked it and said that he is a policeman that works in the control room at the State Police Command headquarters in Owerri and asked us to come.

“At first we felt he had a problem with somebody without knowing that the military men had killed him and dumped his corpse in a morgue at FMC Owerri.

“On reaching the Police Command headquarters, my brother identified his new car and when we approached the car we found out the back windscreen was shot. All the four tyres were shot and deflected. We also saw blood on the driver’s seat. Chika Chigbu, my younger brother immediately sensed danger.

“The front windscreen and all the window glasses were intact. Only the back windscreen was shattered with gunshots.

“When we got there they directed us to the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of operations. The DCP in charge of operations told us that soldiers brought the vehicle at about 1 am on Saturday.

“The soldiers dropped his phone, the car key, and a bunch of keys that contain his house keys with the police. He also said that the military guys dropped N5, 400 belonging to my brother.

“At first, he said that the military men didn’t want to make any statement but the police insisted and reluctantly in a quarter-page sheet the soldiers wrote that the owner of the vehicle which is my brother violated their checkpoint rule and they shut and killed him. They also wrote that the relatives of the owner of the vehicle should be referred to FMC in Owerri if they come.

“The DCP asked us to go to the morgue and that we shouldn’t bother going to the emergency unit of the hospital. That was when we knew that he was dead. The DCP then handed me over the money, his phone and the keys and I took a photograph with him.

“At FMC, we went to the morgue but the attendant asked for a tally but we said we didn’t have any tally. We explained to him that we were talking about the person that was brought by the soldiers.

‘’They now took us to where the corpse was on the corridor after I had paid all the necessary fees. The military men who killed him refused to register him properly and the attendant said they were even threatening them.

‘’When we uncovered his body we saw two bullet holes at the back of his head and one bullet hole at the backside of his chest region. The bullet is still in his body as we speak.”

Tobechi said the family would make a proper presentation to the military, demanding justice for him.

He added: “His wife is four months old pregnant as we speak. He had a son that turned two years a day after he was killed by the military. His daughter is only four years.

“We want to ensure that an innocent and hardworking young man like my brother gets justice. He was killed by people who are paid by our taxes. People who were supposed to protect him,” he cried.

When contacted, spokesperson of 34 Artillery Brigade, Obinze, Owerri, Capt. Babatunde Zubairu, said that he was not aware of the incident.

He said he would only be aware of the family makes an official presentation to the military.

https://thenationonlineng.net/soldiers-allegedly-kill-businessman-in-imo/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by vengertime: 8:14pm On May 03, 2021
And this is why unknown gunmen were born

You see why we have so much anger towards the army

13 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 03, 2021
Kai. Always flexing muscle on defenceless citizens.
But when they sight ugm, they remove their uniforms and run
Tofax:

‘’When we uncovered his body we saw two bullet holes at the back of his head and one bullet hole at the backside of his chest region. The bullet is still in his body as we speak.”
to the military.
Rip to the Man.
This was clearly an execution.

May ugm the soldiers skull count scores.

6 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by SoBright101: 8:19pm On May 03, 2021
How would you be happy being a Nigerian? Dem no give job u provide one, no security u dey avoid trouble at the end arm rubber no kill you, hoodlums no kill you but Nigerian government and their evil forces.

I don't know if RIP is required to gain entry into heaven. RIP incase you need one.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by vanunu: 8:21pm On May 03, 2021
They also killed two imo state University students the same night.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Golden057(m): 8:22pm On May 03, 2021
So much hurdles to cross in Nigeria

Escape boko haram face bandits
Escape bandits face unknown gunmen
Escape unknown gunmen face kidnappers
Escape kidnappers face armed robbers
Escape arm robbers face cultists
Escape cultists face road accident
Escape road accident face police
Escape police face soldier
Escape soldier face ritualist
Escape ritualist face rapist
Escape rapist face Inflation
Escape inflation face unemployment ....

Escape till the last day.....

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by atiku4President(m): 8:23pm On May 03, 2021
This is quiet disheartening. Nigerian soldiers! Who was their to confirm he violated checkpoint rule?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 03, 2021
And you think his family wont kill to revenge ? Nigeria don't even know igbos at all and how we view death

I have said it buh I pray it never happens any day police harm my family member ...I would make sure 50 force men die to minimum any which way ...Igbos don't spill blood for nothing and every spilled blood must be avenged

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Veqtor: 8:26pm On May 03, 2021
The same way they killed a federal polytechnic nekede lecturer and his course rep.

Fulani army and govt systematically killing off southerners ...for no good reason at all.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Winnerforever: 8:29pm On May 03, 2021
I am praying that more soldiers will die and be buried in Igbo land - at least before weekend.

AMEN.

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by FreedomArmy: 8:29pm On May 03, 2021
I won't mind becoming a suicide bomber to avenge the death of loved ones in the hands of Nigeria forces. This cannot be condoned any longer.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by yinkus6750(m): 8:34pm On May 03, 2021
So much tension in the region now.
Moving around at late hour is not advisable.
Stay home if you have nothing doing outside, also close and go home in time.
This are really hard times for the country.
God will continue to guide and protect us all in Jesus Name, Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 03, 2021
May the good Lord accept you in his paradise, Kanu is in London but killing his people in igbo land.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 03, 2021
Where is ESN? The innocent people killed need revenge.

Useless soldiers

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Conrod: 8:54pm On May 03, 2021
supportnija:
May the good Lord accept you in his paradise, Kanu is in London but killing his people in igbo land.
The tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants.....its natural manure.
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by goodnessme1(f): 8:56pm On May 03, 2021
And when these terrorists got killed by unknown gun men,people like Omoslim26 will be asking why we are rejoicing over them been killed,that they are our Igbo brothers.

This man they killed now for no reason is not igbo man but a zimbabwe according to Omoslim26.

As for the terrorists that killed him,unknown bullets from unknown gun by unknown men will visit them before this month ends.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by goodnessme1(f): 8:58pm On May 03, 2021
supportnija:
So the terrorist Nigeria Soldiers that killed him is now Kanu.

Yoruba people Sef.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by kettykin: 9:01pm On May 03, 2021
May boko haram and ugm never spare soldiers who kill innocent civilians may they be used as to test new weapons bu boko haram, may the die a slow painful disgraceful death by beheading and shooting and burning

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by austinsmat(m): 9:05pm On May 03, 2021
Vibrant man just wasted.
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by chukwuaustin(m): 9:06pm On May 03, 2021
Kanu must pay for this death in Imo State

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by 1MCN: 9:08pm On May 03, 2021
May those soldiers die slowly and painfully.
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by donbachi(m): 9:12pm On May 03, 2021
One nigeria..i weep for the southerners.
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Omoslim26: 9:37pm On May 03, 2021
This is out already there is no hiding place for the bastard murderer.
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Omoslim26: 9:41pm On May 03, 2021
goodnessme1:
And when these terrorists got killed by unknown gun men,people like Omoslim26 will be asking why we are rejoicing over them been killed,that they are our Igbo brothers.

This man they killed now for no reason is not igbo man but a zimbabwe according to Omoslim26.

As for the terrorists that killed him,unknown bullets from unknown gun by unknown men will visit them before this month ends.

Oga I am not the type to allow over sensational emotional misappropriations to take over his mind.

your argument is correct but I maintain my stand that you can never gain anything by bringing chaos into your own land.

Yes it's no secret the level of stupidity and senselessness displayed by the army, but how does self destruct helps the matter??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Omoslim26: 9:44pm On May 03, 2021
goodnessme1:

It seems I am giving you sleepless nights �� or you are stylishly learning how to think and not allow emotions overwhelm your judgement, with my reply. cause you seem to be following me around ��.

No wahala I have the ans to almost all your problems dat should help you navigate life better��

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by goodnessme1(f): 9:46pm On May 03, 2021
Omoslim26:

Oga I am not the type to allow over sensational emotional misappropriations to take over his mind.

your argument is correct but I maintain my stand that you can never gain anything by bringing chaos into your own land.

Yes it's no secret the level of stupidity and senselessness displayed by the army, but how does self destruct helps the matter??
Ok is better to fold your hands and allow enemy destroy you?
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by goodnessme1(f): 9:48pm On May 03, 2021
Omoslim26:
This is out already there is no hiding place for the bastard murderer.
What will happen to him?

Promotion abi.
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Omoslim26: 9:50pm On May 03, 2021
goodnessme1:
Ok is better to fold your hands and allow enemy destroy you?

And you think you will get at the enemies by destroying yourself??

I am sure you are not Igbo bcus if you are you will not wish Igboland to be in a situation where a state of emergency will be declared in the Region �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by Omoslim26: 9:51pm On May 03, 2021
goodnessme1:
What will happen to him?

Promotion abi.
He will be caught and court martialed.
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by goodnessme1(f): 9:51pm On May 03, 2021
Omoslim26:

It seems I am giving you sleepless nights �� or you are stylishly learning how to think and not allow emotions overwhelm your judgement, with my reply. cause you seem to be following me around ��.

No wahala I have the ans to almost all your problems dat should help you navigate life better��
Lolz.Butterfly that thinks he is a bird.

I called you out because you Hypocrite comments on any issue concern UGM.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Kill Businessman In Imo by goodnessme1(f): 9:53pm On May 03, 2021
Omoslim26:

He will be caught and court martialed.
Lolz.you will catch him.

I pray UGM catch them before you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Was A Criminal While He Lived! / Man Discovers His Generator Stopped Working Because Someone Poured Salt Inside / Bandits Gun Down Catholic Priest, Fr. Vitus Borogo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.