Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Is My Visa Agent A Scam? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is My Visa Agent A Scam? (36960 Views)

How I Almost Got SCAMMED Via VISA AGENT... Please Read And Learn / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / Dubai Visa Agent Got Caught 4years After He Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by mbhs139(m): 11:40pm On May 06, 2021
DPlanB1:

The medical ought to come after I get a reply from the embassy sir
I will get it the company name and mail you directly

OK. No problem. I am waiting.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Uyigue12(m): 6:11am On May 07, 2021
DPlanB1:
Hi guys , please am in kind need of take on my current situation.

I applied for a canadian work visa through an agent with a down payment of 1miliom after which I did my biometrics capturing at VFS lagos .on

The problem now is that two months is almost gone and no feedback from the embassy and am seriously starting to feel the heat , I don't know if I should get my money back and start up a wine bar or wait for an update from the agent.

Anybody with an experience with situations like this with an agent should pls help me, am begining to lose my mind with my current state of joblessness and doubts of the legitimacy of the agent securing my visa.
bro am in same dram shoes with you mine is a 1yr and almost 5months I have not heard from the embassy just the difference was the pay I only gave my agent some little change that I can overlook initially he demand for 1m but I decline and part with less than half a million......the process is real just the time consuming aspect my friend elder sister travel same process so it's real I don't know of your agent but I know it's a slot that has time and season .....just be patient prayerful and careful of many wrong advice here cos many never even see cotonou border before just they shout scam........is it everybody that can produce canada documents on its own??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Uyigue12(m): 6:14am On May 07, 2021
I believe if many of us can get the embassy requirements nobody will use agents again ! Just the only prayer is to meet a real sincere person with experience and fear of God.....nothing bad someone help you and you pay for his services .....chikena.

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by JesusDWay(m): 6:47am On May 07, 2021
DPlanB1:
Hi guys , please am in kind need of take on my current situation.

I applied for a canadian work visa through an agent with a down payment of 1miliom after which I did my biometrics capturing at VFS lagos .on

The problem now is that two months is almost gone and no feedback from the embassy and am seriously starting to feel the heat , I don't know if I should get my money back and start up a wine bar or wait for an update from the agent.

Anybody with an experience with situations like this with an agent should pls help me, am beginning to lose my mind with my current state of joblessness and doubts of the legitimacy of the agent securing my visa.

What he's probably helping you to do is visit visa while he will then tell you to find your way if you get the visa and travel to Canada so, the biometrics may be genuine.

Another possibility is that he's arranged with some Nigerians who own businesses in Canada and that employer is the only one you can work for though, getting such jobs is very rare, the charges he gave you is even low, I doubt people who do such will take such low amount.

Also, I have heard of people who went to do Biometrics like that and got visa only to get to the airport and the airline agent flagged their visas as fake. I find it bad practice when agents ask you to submit your passport, that's not good practice.

Finally, even if he's legit, there's so much delay in the processing of applications for every type of Canadian visa right now. Even those who have been given a permanent resident visa are not allowed to land in Canada due to corona except those with family so, the delay is very much in order. There's someone who has applied for visit visa for their mum and its 11months now and 7months after biometrics, the mother's visit visa is yet to be granted. Compare that with yourself who don't have family here so, the delay is not proof that the agent scammed you. You can however get details of the company and the job you were offered and then do background check to know if the company and job position is legit.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by justwise(m): 9:15am On May 07, 2021
Uyigue12:
bro am in same dram shoes with you mine is a 1yr and almost 5months I have not heard from the embassy just the difference was the pay I only gave my agent some little change that I can overlook initially he demand for 1m but I decline and part with less than half a million......the process is real just the time consuming aspect my friend elder sister travel same process so it's real I don't know of your agent but I know it's a slot that has time and season .....just be patient prayerful and careful of many wrong advice here cos many never even see cotonou border before just they shout scam........is it everybody that can produce canada documents on its own??

Yes its a scam but you don't know it because you are gullible. If the op is lucky he will get a visiting visa and will be told that he can convert it to work visa when he gets to Canada.

Its really embarrassing read from some of you here.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by justwise(m): 9:18am On May 07, 2021
Uyigue12:
I believe if many of us can get the embassy requirements
nobody will use agents again ! Just the only prayer is to meet a real sincere person with experience and fear of God.....nothing bad someone help you and you pay for his services .....chikena.

Its on their website only if you bothered to search, all type of visa requirements are available on the embassy website and when you take your time to read and reason you will be more than ready to apply for visa.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 11:32am On May 07, 2021
Uyigue12:
I believe if many of us can get the embassy requirements nobody will use agents again ! Just the only prayer is to meet a real sincere person with experience and fear of God.....nothing bad someone help you and you pay for his services .....chikena.
you dont meet the requirements but want an agent to help you arrange it (usually through fraud and forgery). You wise so

2 Likes

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Oladapo3971(m): 11:35am On May 07, 2021
mbhs139:
You all talking about Biometric and VFS bla bla bla, have you asked OP if he has done medical?

Medical is the first thing before Biometric and all that. And OP, if you have done medical, and your medical isn't at any of these two hospitals in Lagos or Abuja, QLife, Victoria Island; or IUM, Ikeja...sorry, you've been scammed.

You made me brake my vow not to comment on Nairaland again.

Someone I know sent me a similar document to help her verify. She has spent over a million naira. She did her medical at a General Hospital in Ikeja- that's the red light.

Mind you, in case this helps you, I've been living in Canada as a permanent resident for sometime now. I went through the process, I know the process, and I am telling you.

I would like to email you please sir
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Adlac(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2021
TK9680:
Hi,

I got my Canadian visa through an agent and it took almost a year. PR though. I only responded because someone said most agents cannot get a visa.

There definitely is a slow down because of the covid issue. I'm sure there are ways you can check but it is highly unlikely (not impossible) that there would be fraud at the VFS.
Good luck sir

You mean, The working Visa from here(Naija) Is genuine?
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Subbyshal(f): 4:05pm On May 07, 2021
mbhs139:
You all talking about Biometric and VFS bla bla bla, have you asked OP if he has done medical?

Medical is the first thing before Biometric and all that. And OP, if you have done medical, and your medical isn't at any of these two hospitals in Lagos or Abuja, QLife, Victoria Island; or IUM, Ikeja...sorry, you've been scammed.

You made me brake my vow not to comment on Nairaland again.

Someone I know sent me a similar document to help her verify. She has spent over a million naira. She did her medical at a General Hospital in Ikeja- that's the red light.

Mind you, in case this helps you, I've been living in Canada as a permanent resident for sometime now. I went through the process, I know the process, and I am telling you.

This is wrong! Maybe in your time it was medicals first before Biometrics but currently you do your Biometrics before any medicals (upfront or request) or you do upfront medicals and submit it with your application then wait for them to ask for biometrics then your medicals will be updated to pass when it has been verified.

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Subbyshal(f): 4:08pm On May 07, 2021
Uyigue12:

Any documents required from you to submit by IRCC is your document and information. There is nothing like is it everybody that can produce canadian documents. Yes, everybody can produce Canadian documents, they are your documents and information except you don't have the necessary documents and you want to forge it, like bank statements etc which is a very bad idea.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Gentle14: 1:46am On May 08, 2021
Nice one
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Uyigue12(m): 3:45am On May 08, 2021
justwise:

Yes its a scam but you don't know it because you are gullible. If the op is lucky he will get a visiting visa and will be told that he can convert it to work visa when he gets to Canada.

Its really embarrassing read from some of you here.
Thank you Mr smart
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Uyigue12(m): 3:48am On May 08, 2021
Lagbaja88:
you dont meet the requirements but want an agent to help you arrange it (usually through fraud and forgery). You wise so
who told you it forge and how sure are you with ur information? Did you think it's every agent that is fraud Thank you Mr wise....
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Uyigue12(m): 3:49am On May 08, 2021
Subbyshal:

Any documents required from you to submit by IRCC is your document and information. There is nothing like is it everybody that can produce canadian documents. Yes, everybody can produce Canadian documents, they are your documents and information except you don't have the necessary documents and you want to forge it, like bank statements etc which is a very bad idea.
I never forget any documents and the old man never forget any document as well also......like I said not all agent are fraud .......just the fraud ones spoil the good ones .....biko
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Uyigue12(m): 3:53am On May 08, 2021
justwise:
[b]

Its on their website only if you bothered to search, all type of visa requirements are available on the embassy website and when you take your time to read and reason you will be more than ready to apply for visa.
Most requirements can we all get it can many Nigerians afford those requirements from embassy How many can boast of paying tax not to talk of tax clearance cert ? It's well
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by justwise(m): 6:34am On May 08, 2021
Uyigue12:
Most requirements can we all get it can many Nigerians afford those requirements from embassy How many can boast of paying tax not to talk of tax clearance cert ? It's well

You just exposed how fraudulent you are.

So if some Nigerians can not afford the requirements so what? Get an agent to forge documents to get a visa for them?

Moral bankruptcy

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 08, 2021
Uyigue12:
who told you it forge and how sure are you with ur information? Did you think it's every agent that is fraud Thank you Mr wise....
he manufactured it then You mumu

1 Like

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Grateful02(m): 8:35pm On May 09, 2021
I wanted saying you shouldn't worry about the payment but as an agent I am considering the time invovled(2months) I understand your pains. However I feel you should get in touch with him/her. All the best
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by kingsleybrave(m): 12:22am On May 13, 2021
DPlanB1:
what about the biometrics I did in lagos is it fake too?? I gave out all necessary document before getting an appointment for the capturing
The agent played a smart one on you... my babe's younger brother is also in this same dilemma.....he actually applied a visa for you.... But it's not work permit Visa..it's visit visa he applied for you ..... The dump agent even told us that he had secured a job ..... But when I carefully observed the employment letter....I discovered it's fake....! But till now my babe never still believe.... The clown (agent) bought more time for himself... Saying it will materialize in 8months time ...bro go and fight for your money o....if you can.... it's almost impossible for an agent to run a work permit Canadian visa o ....
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by HRprof: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
DPlanB1:

The medical ought to come after I get a reply from the embassy sir
I will get it the company name and mail you directly

Bros how far? is your visa out?
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by BlackSan: 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2021
DPlanB1:

re you saying someone can't get a visa via agent

After being here that long, your experience didn't help you and this is your defense. Anyways lesson learnt!
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by BlackSan: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2021
Godstime234:
Hmmmm. I will rather invest my money here in 9ja than to go to another man's land n suffer

Bobo who ask you?
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by BlackSan: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2021
Uyigue12:

I don't like bringing religion to things that has nothing to do with it. And I'm not cursing you but may the lord help you that you realize how daft you have been?
Ignorance is a diseases and an excuse for a lazy man
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Solatium(m): 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
BlackSan:

Someone is seeking for an advice and motivational speaker for Nigeria is giving him a reason to stay back. Dude learn to use your brain
Read the situation before you type.

What i gave was what? a commentary?
The problem with some of you is that when someone say what you do not like to hear you will pick a fight.
If you want someone to validate your action there is no point coming to ask for advise.
You need to be deep thinker for you to be on the same frequency with some of us.
i no blame you,na wetin your Brain fit carry na him you write

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Sorry State of The Lagos-Badagry Expressway This Morning - Photos / Lady Falls Inside Flooded Gutter Due To Badagry Express Bad Roads (Photos) / Europe-based Nigerian Man Living In Tent Shares Struggle (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.