Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,556 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Is My Visa Agent A Scam? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is My Visa Agent A Scam? (37047 Views)

How I Almost Got SCAMMED Via VISA AGENT... Please Read And Learn / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / Dubai Visa Agent Got Caught 4years After He Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by BlackSan: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2021
Solatium:

What i gave was what? a commentary?
The problem with some of you is that when someone say what you do not like to hear you will pick a fight.
If you want someone to validate your action there is no point coming to ask for advise.
You need to be deep thinker for you to be on the same frequency with some of us.
i no blame you,na wetin your Brain fit carry na him you write

Coming from someone who knew nothing reasonable to type. When you ought to be supportive, you were going off course,
Explains so much about you
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by BlackSan: 7:43am On Jul 22, 2021
kenodrill:

Does this actually call for insult?

No it doesn't. Though I merely stated the obvious but apologies.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by PAA77(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2021
Biometrics is JUST for the Visa application. And it doesn't cost 1 million
Are the contact details all yours or the agent's?
Go to VFS and make enquiries.
DPlanB1:
what about the biometrics I did in lagos is it fake too?? I gave out all necessary document before getting an appointment for the capturing
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by nwadikeokey11: 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
Uyigue12:
I never forget any documents and the old man never forget any document as well also......like I said not all agent are fraud .......just the fraud ones spoil the good ones .....biko
May I know how much he billed u for the whole thing, with that I may be able to help u assertain if it was scam or not. Some body said u can't get Canada work visa from Nigeria but that's not true. U can get but that depends on the kind of agent that's doing it for u and the amount u paid. So if u are willing to share d detail of d amount u bargained wit him I might be able to help u know if it was scam or not. Thank u.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by PAA77(m): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
DPlanB1:

your words re really encouraging , yes I goofed by paying such amount as down payment
to even think I also connected a friend of mine to that same agent is killing me

Brother- You have made the mistake already. Don't add High BP to the matter. 1. I told you before reach out the VFS and get some information. The problem is that biometrics is just a minor part of the process. And biometrics does not cost 1m naira.
2. Use the information to make a decision whether to ask for refund or not, But clearly what he promised you - Work Visa is not usually done in isolation. It is usually procured with the assistance of an employer, Did he secure employment for you already? Do you have the details of the employer? If you do also reach out to the employers and confirm .
3. Otherwise start asking for your money. Remember the police does not do free recovery jobs. They will collect percentage whether they recover all or not. All the best!
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Emperoradrian(m): 7:47am On Aug 16, 2021
May 2022, for which visa category?
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Emperoradrian(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2021
richybanky:

Canada is not treating applications for visiting, studying etc, they keep giving different kind of excuses but collect payment for visa fee..

I have applications that was submitted since last year Oct and not yet treated, even another one before the Corona that was March 2020 and not yet treated.

What actually causing delay in treating applications is only known to them, UK still remain the best when it comes to treating of visa applications while US embassy are mad as the available date in Lagos is Jan 2024 while Abuja is May 2022 grin

May 2022 for which Visa category pls?
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by remzor(m): 7:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
DPlanB1:
Hi guys , please am in kind need of take on my current situation.

I applied for a canadian work visa through an agent with a down payment of 1miliom after which I did my biometrics capturing at VFS lagos .on

The problem now is that two months is almost gone and no feedback from the embassy and am seriously starting to feel the heat , I don't know if I should get my money back and start up a wine bar or wait for an update from the agent.

Anybody with an experience with situations like this with an agent should pls help me, am begining to lose my mind with my current state of joblessness and doubts of the legitimacy of the agent securing my visa.
Any latest news from u bro? I wish u all the best…
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by shockabsorber10: 5:39am On Nov 30, 2021
Another scam travel agent Parvenu ventures LTD 11th floor cocoa house ibadan... He's name is Shola or Sola he's a fraudulent travel agent... He has duped lots of people so guys beware of him and his fake promises he even has workers working for him y'all need to be careful. I would post his pictures of and when needed.
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by Olofin004: 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2023
*FAQs*
1. Is it a working permit visa
2. How many years visa
3. Is the 900k for the total package
4. What are your requirements?
5. How long does it take
6. How much is the loanable amount
7. How much is expected salary
8. Why is loanable amount upto 4m
9 What is the nature of job you can give

*Answers:*
1. Yes it’s a working permit visa
2. Visas are sometimes given based on the validity of your intl passport
3. Yes 900k is total aside courier fees to deliver your job offer and invitation letter from your foreign employer
4. Requirements are intl passport, passport photograph, Cv, Educational or training certificates, we provide proof of funds
5. 4-5 months often lesser
6. Loanable amount is about 4m Naira, which can be offset in 4-6 months of work if workers allow 50% deductions from their monthly salary
7. Expected salary ranges between 4900-5200 CAD
8. Covers cost of flight, hotel fee for first arrival before accomodation placement, document convertion and job authorization, medical and travel insurance etc
9 We have partnering companies that cut accross: agriculture, factory and the health sector, we can fix you into any of this. Or source for your own line of expert.

Please how real is this
Re: Is My Visa Agent A Scam? by ericmor: 1:03am On Sep 10, 2023
horlahsunbo225:

If you like make the agents be one of your parents he don scam you forget..there is nothing like work visa for Nigerian...sowp, PR, visit, study are the only type of common visa.

ednut1 come and advise your brothero

some are doing it to the uk, i don't have the full details yet but you will write an exam and need to get a particular score before you proceed and you don;t have to pay any money apart from the online text you will do

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Accident At Eleme Junction Portharcourt Graphic Photos / Trailer Carrying Diesel Sinks In Owerri As A Newly Constructed Road Collapses / "I Was Deceived By My Friend"; Nigerian Lady Who Returned From Libya. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.