Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,778 members, 7,955,975 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:16 PM

An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya (38894 Views)

Eedris Abdulkareem To Youths: Avoid APC, Declare For Presidency / Nigerian Women Rock And Twerk To Timaya's Song / Funke Akindele Calls Out Olayode Juliana ( Toyo Baby) For Being An Ingrate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya by Mondrous(m): 12:39am On May 05, 2021
chaloskyx:
OGA IDRIS WHY YOU NO ADVICE YORSELF MAKE YOU BLOW THE TRUTH IS YOU ARE JEALOUS AND BITTER HES SUCCESSFUL AND YOU ARE NOT SORRY BRO BUT YOUR FALURES ARE NOT BECAUSE OF HIM TAKE YOUR L AND MOVE ON
u wrong Mr man
Re: An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya by akanaba01: 7:52am On May 05, 2021
Eedris should learn how to talk less and maintain his respect as an elder.he attacked fellow artists always both young and old and u think they will not respond? I watched a video where he bad-mouth 2face, Burna boy, dbanj, Wizkid and somany others.jus imagine if these people decide to respond to him, it will be insult upon insult.
Re: An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya by nairamaniac: 10:08am On May 05, 2021
immortalcrown:
Eedris Abdulkareem gave Timaya the orientation to do well in the music industry. Timaya was struggling to start his music career with reggae. Eedris told him to leave reggae and sing about his place of origin. Following the advice, Timaya composed "Dem Mama", "Bayelsa Otu" and many more. And everyone knows that Timaya's first album has a quality that has not faded till now. Eedris Abdulkareem exposed these facts in an interview many years ago and Timaya is yet to deny it. Check YouTube for the video.

The truth is that those who mean well for Africa hardly receive support and promotion from Africans. Eedris is not so rich today because he is not always singing soapy, ukwu, bum bum and cassava. Eedris dedicates most of his songs to humanity, by condemning social injustice. How many youths are following Eedris on Instagram and Twitter? How many buy his show tickets? How many youths have streamed his recent album in which he talked about EndSARS protest, Tollgate shooting and so on? Even during the EndSARS protest, how many DJs remembered his songs? But those ones that sing yash and soap were being hyped during the protest. Eedris, in a track he released around 2014, warned against voting for Bubu. In the track, he said "Bubu say blood go flow, na de man wey wan rule us be dat, make una shine una eyes, make una no go enter one chance". He gave a biography of Bubu in that track. I think the title is "Shine Ur Eyes".

African China is another person in the same circumstance with Eedris. Two of them are next to Fela on the list of those who have been arrested by the federal government because of satirical songs. Yet, the "giant" is the one nicknamed Fela. Eedris Abdulkareem is not just a living legend, he is a prophet. Around the year 2000, Eedris said "2Face is the plantation, Face and Blackface are the boys. If the boys are not careful, they will miss the plantation." Few years later, 2Face left. Eedris salvaged the image of Africa during his saga with 50 Cents.

Forget how Eedris looks. He is very responsible. He has a beautiful wife, fine kids and a good home. Timaya has baby mamas. I am a fan of both Eedris and Timaya. But I feel bad because Timaya who has not notably appreciated Eedris decided to insult the same Eedris openly.

It is not about what u sing about.

It's about *HOW U SING IT*

There is much more to TITLE OF SONGS.

Or CONTENTS OF SONGS.

Music is more that talking like a philosopher.

I know u know what I mean.

In music, u need to FLOW, RHYME, Have GOOD TUNES, Have CATCHY LINES and all that.

It's a song, not a Speech.
I'm glad u sef acknowledged that HE TALKED ABOUT ENDSARS PROTEST.
Which is different from HE SANG ABOUT ENDSARS PROTEST.

He does more of talking than singing in his own songs.

Perhaps he is also a better prophet than a musician.
Re: An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya by immortalcrown(m): 10:16am On May 05, 2021
nairamaniac:

It is not about what u sing about.

It's about *HOW U SING IT*

There is much more to TITLE OF SONGS.

Or CONTENTS OF SONGS.

Music is more that talking like a philosopher.

I know u know what I mean.

In music, u need to FLOW, RHYME, Have GOOD TUNES, Have CATCHY LINES and all that.

It's a song, not a Speech.
I'm glad u sef acknowledged that HE TALKED ABOUT ENDSARS PROTEST.
Which is different from HE SANG ABOUT ENDSARS PROTEST.

He does more of talking than singing in his own songs.

Perhaps he is also a better prophet than a musician.

Eedris Abdulkareem has all these qualities you mentioned. When I said "talked", I simply meant the lyrical contents. I am sorry to make this comparison, but your comment necessitates it. Burna Boy and Falz that are reigning now are not better singers than Eedris. So, if your claim about Eedris is the cause of his problem, Falz and Burna Boy will not be reigning as they do now. Carefully analyze Falz's way of singing and compare it to that of Eedris. Also, what about African China? Is African China not a good singer?
Re: An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya by nairamaniac: 2:15pm On May 05, 2021
immortalcrown:

Eedris Abdulkareem has all these qualities you mentioned. When I said "talked", I simply meant the lyrical contents. I am sorry to make this comparison, but your comment necessitates it. Burna Boy and Falz that are reigning now are not better singers than Eedris. So, if your claim about Eedris is the cause of his problem, Falz and Burna Boy will not be reigning as they do now. Carefully analyze Falz's way of singing and compare it to that of Eedris. Also, what about African China? Is African China not a good singer?

dnt even call eedris close to falz and burna.

These 2 artist show so much dexterity and vesartility in their songs.

These 2 are more of better artists/musicians than eedris.

Falz/burna can rap, sing, r&b, afro better than eerdris(at his prime).

Eedris was never a rapper, yet he came out as a rapper by genre.

Rugged men heavily exposed the fraud. And yet to recover from it.

Falz, no matter how unseriouse he may appear in songs, his songs and creativity are far far more intelligent than eedris.

Burna on the other hand has been amongst best 5 artist for last 4years.

burna has done some remixes that even did better that the dope original versions.
That's surpassing expectations.

Then african china is a good singer. nice voice.
but can't stand in the mist of the competition of the last 10years.
he also didn't evolve with time
Re: An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya by xjiggy: 2:46pm On May 05, 2021
Unfortunately most of the youth nowadays just speak without thinking. They do not research neither do they reason. It's hard to find a musician that's continually at the peak all his/her life. Idris was once one of the biggest names in Nigeria music scene to the extent he performed on same stage with 50cent. Success is turn by turn. Timaya cannot right now upstage patoranking that does not make him an unsuccessful artist. It is given that most Apprentice artist will not get paid. What you get is experience.... which is far better than money. They get unlimited access to the studio, go on tours and learn recording skills during studio sessions. Even wizkid swept modogg studios when he was an Apprentice musician. Know this..... if you're not signed to any label, have no released records or mixtapes, you're an Apprentice musician. No Apprentice gets paid for learning a job. What you get is free food and on a good day.... pocket money. Timaya should cool down abeg.
Re: An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya by immortalcrown(m): 9:05pm On May 05, 2021
nairamaniac:

Falz, no matter how unseriouse he may appear in songs, his songs and creativity are far far more intelligent than eedris.

burna has done some remixes that even did better that the dope original versions.

Apparently, you do not know much of Eedris' songs. Maybe you are among those who know Eedris with only "Jaga Jaga", "Mr. Lecturer" and "Calabar Girl". I have at least, 20 tracks by Eedris on my playlist. No need going further to argue with you. If you are interested, check out for Eedris' songs.
Re: An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya by immortalcrown(m): 9:15pm On May 05, 2021
nairamaniac:

Apparently, you do not know much of Eedris' songs. Maybe you are among those who know Eedris with only "Jaga Jaga", "Mr. Lecturer" and "Calabar Girl". I have at least, 20 tracks by Eedris on my playlist. No need going further to argue with you. If you are interested, check out for Eedris' songs.

In the case of African China, you guys are fond of writing creative Africans off when they become less active in their field. But foreigners that stopped singing even before the reign of African China are still being fanned by you guys. If Tupac was a Nigerian, you guys might have forgotten him now. Even if African China is no longer very active in the industry, does it mean he does not have evergreen tracks? How many satirical songs recently released by the artists of this day can compete with African China's own?

You guys recognize your retired legends or heroes only when Oyibo people recognize those people. If not nobel prize, you guys would have written Soyinka off because he does not release new books these days. If not the global impacts of "Things Fall Apart", you guys would have forgotten Achebe. You guys do not talk about Ekwensi, because he did not get a global award. That mentality is not good.
Re: An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya by nairamaniac: 5:22am On May 06, 2021
immortalcrown:

In the case of African China, you guys are fond of writing creative Africans off when they become less active in their field. But foreigners that stopped singing even before the reign of African China are still being fanned by you guys. If Tupac was a Nigerian, you guys might have forgotten him now. Even if African China is no longer very active in the industry, does it mean he does not have evergreen tracks? How many satirical songs recently released by the artists of this day can compete with African China's own?

You guys recognize your retired legends or heroes only when Oyibo people recognize those people. If not nobel prize, you guys would have written Soyinka off because he does not release new books these days. If not the global impacts of "Things Fall Apart", you guys would have forgotten Achebe. You guys do not talk about Ekwensi, because he did not get a global award. That mentality is not good.

Apparently you are deviating to History from Music.

I do not follow crowd. Eedris shd not be mentioned along those names u mentioned earlier like Fela or Falz or 2face.

And how can u say BURNA BOY AND FALZ ARE NOT BETTER SINGERS THAN EEDRIS?
That's the height.

Just so u know, I know eedris beyond jaga jaga, calabar girl and Mr. Lecturer.

Eesris was a fraud and rugged man exposed him.

He is yet to recover from that exposure since 2002.
Re: An Ingrate Is An Ingrate” – Eedris Abdulkareem To Timaya by Pimine: 8:02am On May 06, 2021
raysrays:

Oga in as much as we love Timaya, we should also know that Idris belongs to a different era, n during that era he was the biggest star in Nigeria, followed by some few artiste like Tony tetula, that's why also he was signed to the biggest record label as at then "kennis music" that is why also he was one of not the only renowned Nigeria musician that performed at "Star event" the same show that hosted 50cent. He was as big as fifty cent was in America then. If the media publicity and social media platforms were available then, i'am sure Baba would have been nominated for the Grammy's. Except you were given birth to in the early 2000's or late 90's you should learn to respect a legend. Thanks
Aswearugaaad

Truth!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah / Paul and peter okoye's Birthday Message To Their Brother, Jude / Alexx Ekubo's Customized Sports Car (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.